ADVERTISEMENT

Rocklin vs. Folsom, now what.

Props to Folsom for their big win. They were the far better team on the field tonight.

I told my wife when it was 3-3 late in the first half that Rocklin was likely going to lose. And when Rocklin did nothing on their opening 2nd half possession and Folsom then took the lead I told her the game was over.

Why? Because one team looked excited to be on the field and the other didn’t. IMO it really was that simple tonight.

The differences in body language, enthusiasm, energy, excitement, etc. were in stark contrast and quite noticeable.

Folsom’s players were jumping, skipping and chirping after every good play. Meanwhile Rocklin’s players were often loafing and walking around between plays. No urgency. They honestly looked to me like they wanted to be anywhere but on that field.

I’ve never seen anything quite like it in a section title game before where a team wasn’t getting blown out.

I honestly have no clue what their deal was. All I know was one team had the “Eye of the Tiger” and the other looked like a team playing the last game of the regular season knowing they were playing a more important game the very next week. Except that wasn’t the case.

Hats off to Folsom. They clearly wanted it more. And earned it. Hopefully the Rocklin kids get a good night sleep cause they apparently really need it.

Sorry if that offends anybody associated with Rocklin, but that’s honestly how they looked tonight. They slept-walked. No excuses for it in a game of this magnitude.

The lackluster apathetic body language was enough to get us to switch over to the Serra v. St. Francis game in time to see most of Q4 including the gunshot nonsense. Congrats to Serra-San Mateo for also exacting revenge, but I sure wish the end of the game hadn’t transpired like it did. It put a bit of a damper on what was a very good, competitive game.

Last edited:
Oh how this post aged well.

"Folsom defense is soft and poorly coached."

Rocklin proceeds to score an ENTIRE 3 POINTS against Folsoms soft defense in the SJS title game.

Never forget who owns you.
First off welcome back pfq3! Where you been? Great win by Folsom, your defense looked much improved last night, congrats.

I thought the line play for Folsom was tremendous, I still think your defense is poorly coached but agree to disagree on that one I suppose.

A shout out to Rocklin for playing a great season and giving their everything last night. Team should hold their heads up high.

Tbh, I'm a Padre alumni so maybe I get another crack at that soft defense? Who knows?

Reactions: THEOC89
First off welcome back pfq3! Where you been? Great win by Folsom, your defense looked much improved last night, congrats.

I thought the line play for Folsom was tremendous, I still think your defense is poorly coached but agree to disagree on that one I suppose.

A shout out to Rocklin for playing a great season and giving their everything last night. Team should hold their heads up high.

Tbh, I'm a Padre alumni so maybe I get another crack at that soft defense? Who knows?
Only thing that looked soft lost night was the kids and coaches from Rocklin.

Got absolutely crushed in all aspects of the game.

Champions do Champion things. Something Rocklin isn't.

THREE points against a poorly coached, soft defense lol

Only thing that looked soft lost night was the kids and coaches from Rocklin.

Got absolutely crushed in all aspects of the game.

Champions do Champion things. Something Rocklin isn't.

THREE points against a poorly coached, soft defense lol
Good luck 👍

I have watched both QB's play. Tremain is a pretty good read option QB but Lueth is a better overall QB. He as a good arm and can run. He lit us up with his legs and arm. He created issues for our defense because he could do both. Lots of times at this level a QB only is strong in one of those two areas.

Tremain is probably the weakest Folsom QB I have seen in the past 8 seasons. He's fast and can run but arm is not next level and he's helped by a couple of good receivers and good play calling. Still, they lit us up but Lueth is better and I was sorry he was injured in our game as bad as he was on that play.

Folsom still gets throttled if Lueth and Tremain had both played. Rocklin is too physical for the blue field bunch as they are not what they used to be, meaning softer on the line.
Really?

• Haha
Reactions: remc and concrete17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT