ADVERTISEMENT

Any advice for Capital Christian?

FLAGRANT

Sports Fanatic
Oct 29, 2014
Capital has been a great program over the past decade. They always have the talent and are most times well coached. McCall was doing a great job with those kids. Capital was playing hard and playing with intensity. They are loaded with a class of juniors and it seems as if this season is going to be a waste. 2 months until the season starts with 2 1/2 weeks of that being a dead period. Capital obviously has a problem finding a coach that can keep the last 3 players on the bench happy. All jokes aside- I understand the Coach Jones situation was a bit different. He stepped down for health issues mid-season and when he tried to come back for playoffs, the team basically boycotted and wouldn’t step on the floor for practice (Ugly situation).

What can Capital do to get over the hump?

Who is next in line to be placed in a spot with parents who have UNREAL expectations?

Is Capital even a sought after Job anymore?

Reactions: Renard Monroe
Capital has been a great program over the past decade. They always have the talent and are most times well coached. McCall was doing a great job with those kids. Capital was playing hard and playing with intensity. They are loaded with a class of juniors and it seems as if this season is going to be a waste. 2 months until the season starts with 2 1/2 weeks of that being a dead period. Capital obviously has a problem finding a coach that can keep the last 3 players on the bench happy. All jokes aside- I understand the Coach Jones situation was a bit different. He stepped down for health issues mid-season and when he tried to come back for playoffs, the team basically boycotted and wouldn’t step on the floor for practice (Ugly situation).

What can Capital do to get over the hump?

Who is next in line to be placed in a spot with parents who have UNREAL expectations?

Is Capital even a sought after Job anymore?
Mickey Hope I believe would be a good selection. Has the right demeanor, ties to the community and coaching background to make a difference. Definitely wouldn't leave the school hanging in the balance. He should and would bring some consistency back to the program. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: FLAGRANT
Mickey Hope I believe would be a good selection. Has the right demeanor, ties to the community and coaching background to make a difference. Definitely wouldn't leave the school hanging in the balance. He should and would bring some consistency back to the program. Just my 2 cents.

What happens if capital fires him? I was under the impression he funds a lot of what capital does athletically. I could be misinformed on that though.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
Capital is still one of the most desired jobs in the Sacramento area due to its resources and draw to get players. However, it does comes with baggage that gets heavier by the year.

If they can get someone in there who can connect quickly with the returning players, Capital will still be pretty good this year.

Rumor is Coach Sondhi from Oan Ridge is taking the job. Any truth? Big loss for OR but I think he had ties to CC.

No the coach has been chosen and it’s not him. However not ruling him out as an assistant

Last edited:
Gotcha. Sounds like he’s out at OR though. Too bad. He’s a good guy and was trying to build. OR in trouble if they are looking for HC in what was probably going to be a tougher year anyway. They lost some good pieces.

Heard Matt Filer is in at Capital. But what’s the deal with these late coaching changes in the Area. C.O., Capital, and now Oak Ridge all recently making changes

Heard Matt Filer is in at Capital. But what’s the deal with these late coaching changes in the Area. C.O., Capital, and now Oak Ridge all recently making changes

A lot of odd hirings and firings. The oak ridge coach left to in reality be the cc head coach but cc is having another guy be the front man for the year. Feel bad for oak ridge leaves them in a pickle so late.

Reactions: OtherBrotha
Interesting hire, does he have any previous experience at the HS or college level?

Believe he was assistant last year , son was on the team and sister is school brass

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT