ADVERTISEMENT

Bishop O'Dowd MLK Classic

Please follow us on Twitter: @BODWBBall for more information and coverage.

Here’s the schedule:

SATURDAY - January 19th
10:00am - Edison HS vs. Oakland Tech
12:00pm - Bishop O’Dowd vs. Woodside Priory
2:00pm - Cardinal Newman vs. Bear Creek
4:00pm - Bishop Montgomery vs. Salesian HS
6:00pm - Heritage HS vs. East Side Prep

MONDAY - January 21st
10:00am - Berkeley vs Modesto Christian
12:00pm - Bishop O’Dowd vs Salesian HS
2:00pm - Miramonte vs. Sacred Heart Cathedral
4:00pm - Sac High vs Heritage HS
6:00pm - Bear Creek vs Saint Joseph Notre Dame

*All games hosted at Bishop O’Dowd HS in Oakland, CA.

What a great season this has been so far for girls basketball in Northern California! There has been a lot of success stories for many teams and programs. I love that there seems to be much more parity this season and the BOD MLK Classic has many more great games on tap for this weekend! Congrats on an amazing schedule this weekend with some outstanding teams and match-ups. Wishing everyone continued success and to be injury free to finish out the last month of the season before playoff time.

What a great season this has been so far for girls basketball in Northern California! There has been a lot of success stories for many teams and programs. I love that there seems to be much more parity this season and the BOD MLK Classic has many more great games on tap for this weekend! Congrats on an amazing schedule this weekend with some outstanding teams and match-ups. Wishing everyone continued success and to be injury free to finish out the last month of the season before playoff time.

So true ! Both MLK tournaments have some very impressive match ups. The results will have an impact on the post season and local and national rankings.

Reactions: northbaybbguru
Great teams on both days and looks to be great days-grats to BOD for putting on a great event. I wish BOD would invest some money and build a new gym. That shoe box is one of the worst places to play and very hard to watch. :(.

Reactions: Paytc
Great teams on both days and looks to be great days-grats to BOD for putting on a great event. I wish BOD would invest some money and build a new gym. That shoe box is one of the worst places to play and very hard to watch. :(.
I totally forgot about that place. In respect to the era it represents it would be appropriate if they also had chicken wire backboards.

Gotta love the players having to get the attention of the scorer to check in, when they are up in the rafters.

well, they make do with the peach baskets. actually, I appreciate old, quirky gyms. hmm..did I say old and quirky?

Last edited:
Gotta love the players having to get the attention of the scorer to check in, when they are up in the rafters.

My favorite part was that when you played there, the scorer's table would somehow manage to miss your subs waiting to come in but always get O'Dowd's.

More seriously, it's really a dangerous place to play because the walls and stands are so close to the court. I've always been amazed NCS and CIF allow it to be used for postseason play.

That gym is an absolute dumpster and safety hazard. No reason in 2019 to still be playing basketball in there.

Hopefully I get a good seat to catch the 2nd half of the BOD game. Also staying for the Salesian game probably the only time I get to watch Jackson.

Reactions: BishopODowd_WBB
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT