ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Monroe to Sam Houston St.

It’s funny. I actually thought about waiting, but when Bryce posted the video on his Twitter, at that point I feel everyone he knew figured it out.

I support all the local kids, and even though myself and Renard haven’t seen eye to eye, I think it’s really cool he chose a school not a lot of us saw coming. I personally thought he was going to end up at Wake, but my guess is Sam Houston St. Will use him a lot more. SHS actually made the NIT last year so Bryce could easily see some March Madness actions during his time there.

It’s funny. I actually thought about waiting, but when Bryce posted the video on his Twitter, at that point I feel everyone he knew figured it out.

I support all the local kids, and even though myself and Renard haven’t seen eye to eye, I think it’s really cool he chose a school not a lot of us saw coming. I personally thought he was going to end up at Wake, but my guess is Sam Houston St. Will use him a lot more. SHS actually made the NIT last year so Bryce could easily see some March Madness actions during his time there.
I have no issue with you posting the news of Bryce commitment. This is exciting times for my son and I am just happy to be a part of the process. I grew up without my father and I take my father duties very seriously. So when we didn't see eye to eye it was only about my thoughts of you being a little rude towards him. We have moved passed that and hopefully people on this board will start celebrating these student athletes more than tearing them down. I have made my mistakes verbally on this board as well.
With that being said...I am proud of Bryce who is still a 17 year old kid finding his way through life. He truly had the last word on his decision. I gave him my thoughts and so did others in our circle. He came to me and communicated why he decided on Sam Houston State and the rest is history. I believe he will prosper there and have an opportunity to grow on and off the court. My older brother lives in the Houston area so he will have support. Thank you to all that support Bryce and to those who question his decision, I understand but Bryce doesn't question where you attended school or your choice of employment. He is happy so I am happy. Now let the Senior season begin and let's see if we can compete with the big dogs in Cali.

I have no issue with you posting the news of Bryce commitment. This is exciting times for my son and I am just happy to be a part of the process. I grew up without my father and I take my father duties very seriously. So when we didn't see eye to eye it was only about my thoughts of you being a little rude towards him. We have moved passed that and hopefully people on this board will start celebrating these student athletes more than tearing them down. I have made my mistakes verbally on this board as well.
With that being said...I am proud of Bryce who is still a 17 year old kid finding his way through life. He truly had the last word on his decision. I gave him my thoughts and so did others in our circle. He came to me and communicated why he decided on Sam Houston State and the rest is history. I believe he will prosper there and have an opportunity to grow on and off the court. My older brother lives in the Houston area so he will have support. Thank you to all that support Bryce and to those who question his decision, I understand but Bryce doesn't question where you attended school or your choice of employment. He is happy so I am happy. Now let the Senior season begin and let's see if we can compete with the big dogs in Cali.
Having family near by is important. Now, even a better decision.

Reactions: cherylbaustin
Congrats! Been watching this kid compete since early Oakland Rebels years with Jelani & Co.! Huge heart and his desire to compete at the highest levels was evident early on and hasn't waned into his high school years unlike many kids who lose focus / get distracted...

SF Examiner Story - Congrats Bryce!
https://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/sf-preps-bryce-monroe-commits-to-sam-houston-state/?fbclid=IwAR0CKD4GTy9vrdZ0m7PHyQvAhH6JyO6fY2h3BtfLuNdTui7x5tjpfKj2-e4

19004214_web1_bryce-monroe_11.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT