ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark vs Juju who do you Draft and Why

you can’t go wrong either way. Both are tremendous players. Caitlin to me has better range and JuJu more polished in paint

That's a tough one. Ones a freshman and one is on her way to the next level. They are both great players either way.

I would probably take Juju because she's taller and more athletic. But as Steph Curry has shown, a great shooter can make a whole team better, and Clark is that kind of shooter.

But Juju can do everything. I had to think about it, but not for long.

Reactions: Mustange76
I will take Clark.
Because she plays great at multiple speeds. Even when she is playing slow
She is really hard to stop.

Part of me wants to take Clark because I've been a fan of hers since she hit college but the level JuJu is playing right now as a true freshman the upside is tremendous. It's close but I would take JuJu

Juju is a 6-1 or 6-2 wing who is more athletic than Caitlin, and should have fewer defensive issues.

So the question is which woman's offensive game will translate to the W -- Clark is a brilliant passer, and if she's quick enough to get by some defenders, she'll be an offensive force. But if she isn't, she becomes a very good spot-up shooter.

Watkins may have to improver her perimeter shooting to become a big-time WNBA star, but everything else is in place, it appears -- and it's not like Juju is a bad shooter at this point.

It's a roll of the dice, to some extent, with any young player, and I'd be happy with both. But I would say Watkins' size and athleticism give her the long-term edge.

If I'm drafting the best, most athletic player, then I'm going with JuJu. But as the owner of a pro team that relies on attendance and ratings and flash, then I'm drafting Clark. Even now, JuJu is playing at an unbelievable level, but the nation is captivated by Clark.

USC isn't selling out opponent's arenas because crowds aren't flocking to see JuJu. Clark's swag is made for TV and the Pros. Plus, as Clay mentions, JuJu needs a better outside game and fans are drawn to long range, jack it up from anywhere shooters.

Personally, I'd rather watch Curry than LaBron, and the fact that Curry has the #1 selling jersey in the NBA seems to suggest others agree.

If I'm drafting the best, most athletic player, then I'm going with JuJu. But as the owner of a pro team that relies on attendance and ratings and flash, then I'm drafting Clark. Even now, JuJu is playing at an unbelievable level, but the nation is captivated by Clark.

USC isn't selling out opponent's arenas because crowds aren't flocking to see JuJu. Clark's swag is made for TV and the Pros. Plus, as Clay mentions, JuJu needs a better outside game and fans are drawn to long range, jack it up from anywhere shooters.

Personally, I'd rather watch Curry than LaBron, and the fact that Curry has the #1 selling jersey in the NBA seems to suggest others agree.
bandwagon fans... the states of louisana and south carolina arent impressed with clark.

Part of the reason why they aren't flocking to see Watkins is because the Pac-12 is retarded and the games are very rarely nationally televised. I think they've had 2-3 that haven't been on the pac-12 network. Hence more coverage for Clark, Page, and other great women's players.

Also part of the reason is Clark has a history that people can latch onto (have seen her do it for multiple years and a memorable March run). Juju is just starting out. I would think Juju develops a similar following by her junior year.

However, interest in college sports in LA is less than what the midwest is so that plays a factor too

Actually, people are flocking to see her games at USC. Attendance is way up, and she's just a freshman. It took Caitlin Clark four years.

The article in the new SI made me even more impressed with Watkins, and I'm even more certain she will eventually outshine Clark (who is a great player). Injuries could derail her, though, as they did to Cheryl Miller and Jacki Gemelos.

Reactions: GBBall4L
Actually, people are flocking to see her games at USC. Attendance is way up, and she's just a freshman. It took Caitlin Clark four years.

The article in the new SI made me even more impressed with Watkins, and I'm even more certain she will eventually outshine Clark (who is a great player). Injuries could derail her, though, as they did to Cheryl Miller and Jacki Gemelos.
She now has a nutritionist at USC she needs that. You can see her struggling because she is not in good shape.
like I said before she can get better

Also part of the reason is Clark has a history that people can latch onto (have seen her do it for multiple years and a memorable March run). Juju is just starting out. I would think Juju develops a similar following by her junior year.

However, interest in college sports in LA is less than what the midwest is so that plays a factor too
I had a friend who went to the first UCLA/USC game that was sold out at Paully. There were just as many USC fans as UCLA and the first women's sellout in history. Now probably a lot had to do with both teams being ranked in the top 10, but that normally doesn't happen. She's creating a buzz in Socal and all I'm saying is that she's not getting thet exposure she COULD be getting if her team played on a national television schedule. It's a disservice to her and USC for the year they're having. Which is probably a reason everyone's leaving..lol

He is always crying although he has one of the best push offs in the game… and is twice as strong as the players he is complaining about

He is always crying although he has one of the best push offs in the game… and is twice as strong as the players he is complaining about
I didn't see LeBron mentioned anywhere in this post How did we segue to LeBron???

Clark looks pretty good making huge stepback threes though. I can live with a little whining ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT