ADVERTISEMENT

Campo hosting Piner in a few...

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
The Piner Prospectors invade the Campo Cougars’ place...

Teams are on the floor... first thing I notice is that Campo appears to have a pretty decent size advantage. Not common...

Cougs are 20-6 and Piner is 19-8. Cougs have played a stronger slate, too... But they play ‘em on hardwood, not on paper...

I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen Piner play... Not even in previous seasons, so I have zero idea what their strengths might be... No idea whether they run n gun or grind things out Monte Vista style...

That press may not causing a lot of probs, but somehow Piner is scrapping their way into this... 22-18 Cougs, 4:08 left in the half.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
31-23 at the half... I’ll tell ya, Piner may be vertically challenged and not overly gifted athletically, but they are making the Cougs earn everything they get!

Aidan makes two 3’s in two trips down the floor... sandwiching s Piner bucket. 59-50

Aidan at line again... Both good.Piner scores quickly, calls time... 63-54 with 42 secs left. Looking good at the moment...

Impressive for Piner to play a very good Campo team that close. Piner was the either the 3rd or 4th place team in the NBL too. They had a scrappy groups of good guards.

Thought Campo would take them. Good effort by Piner, but Cougs led the entire way and were never really challenged.

I think we are looking at a Campo vs. Salesian final....I'm sure Mr. Kiddman would enjoy that :)

To know your gonna lose?
1) I wouldn’t count out an SPSV upset. No disrespect intended to Piner, but they are half the team the bruins are even without Jackson. Campo goes as they 3 guards go. SPSV has the guards to match on the defensive end but I don’t know that theyll be able to score enough to win.

2) I think Campo has prove the last two years that they are more than capable of playing Salesian to the very end. Last year was single digits until the final horn. Also, any team that can beat Modesto Christian at MC, can beat anyone.

Should be a fun semis and beyond

If a team from awful sonoma county was able to hang in there, than I guess Campo was super lucky to not have to go up against the big bad MCAL in NCS. Campo can't hang with that kind of firepower, not many can!

Yeah a team pulling within 7 at one point is enough to give the coach nightmares. Might as well call it a Piner victory and sound the upset alarm since they didn’t quit when Campo was up by 15. If getting within 7 was Sonoma County’s big moment and crowning achievement in these playoffs, then might as well celebrate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT