ADVERTISEMENT

Campo v. Northgate at Coug’s Lair

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
So, tonight I’m at my homeiest-of-home (NOT homely :))teams, the Campo Cougars... They face Northgate tonight, a team that I thought was better than its record when I saw Campo beat ‘em by 15 a couple weeks ago.

Campo won 47-32 in that first meeting in a game where they missed about 12 million shots... On paper, the Cougs should win more easily tonight, but last I heard, they played the games on hardwood.

Anyway... the Cougs frosh won by 4, but the Coug JV is having a tough time of it... They led 15-10 very last in the 1st q, but Northgate ran off 14 in a row on the way to a 33-23 halftime lead.

Back to varsity... The 15-5 Cougs are ranked #32 in the state, while Northgate is ranked in the 300’s and 8-12. Recipe for a blowout, huh? I’d sure like to see it...

Last edited:
Hmm... JV’s got smacked around.a bit, there... 52-31 Northgate.

C’mon, Varsity! Reverse the trend!

Looks like the cougs have a couple with injuries...

Carter Mahaney and Chase Bennett in streets.

Radell to Weaver to start... 2-0 Cougs.

NG ties it up... Inside score.

NG hits a 3... 5-2 NG.

Baseline inbounds Weaver to Radell, works like a charm... and he’s fouled. FT good. Tied at 5.

Robeson for 3... Boom! 8-5 Cougs.

Radell gets 2nd foul...

NG drives for 2/\. 8-7.

Aidan sinks a midrange... 10-7.

NG travel... 3:44 left 1st.

Robeson drives, fouled... 2 shots. FT’s missed. Still 10-7...

Aidan for 3.... Money! 13-7, time out Northgate. 2:49 left 1st.

Aidan drives, fouled after a Rex Curtiss steal. FT’s split. 14-7.

Callas with a sweet post move... 16-7.

1:13 left 1st... NG ain’t helping their cause with their shooting here...

Cade Bennett with a nice drive, scores, hacked... FT good. 19-7.

And that’s where the quarter ends.

Cade Bennett with a steal and score... 21-7.

Cougs tie ball up, have the arrow, hence the rock.

SWEET spin move by Logan Robeson for 2... 23-7.

NG with an inside score to break the run... 23-9.

NG breaks the press to score again... Aidan scores a J. 25-11, time out Northgate. 5:48 left in the half.

Reactions: MC415
Callas with the post move for 2... 27-11.

Aidan fouled, 1 and 1. Make, miss. 28-11.

NG with a nice inside move... 28-13.... Cade Bennett scores off a pretty Callas pass. 30-13.

Callas steals, Aidan with a mini-dunk... 32-13.

Nice NG move for 2, but Cougs answer. 34-15. Foul, NG has 2 shots... first missed, second made. 34-16.

Callas with a STRONNNNNG post move, scores, fouled... FT good. 37-16.

He fouls a guy, who sinks two. 37-18...

Another coug foul, NG getting a chance to stay close with FT’s... Both go. 37-20.

Nice drive by Callas, miss but fouled... Major parade to the line for both teams the last couple minutes.... Callas sink one FT, gets a powerhouse rebound the other end... Cougs go for last shot... High-post J for... guess who? Callas. 40-20 after a half.

Callas and Mahaney each have 10 to lead the way for the Cougs at the half... And here we go...

Robeson opens things up with a midrange floater...

NG can’t even get close to a shot the next possession. Cougs D is on-point tonight...

Aidan with a nifty move, drive and score... and hacked. FT good. 45-20.

NG fouled on a shot... FT’sboth fall. 45-22.

NG steal and score... Radell inside... 47-24. He’’s fouled, makes FT. 48-24.

NG with a long downcourt pass, sets up easy layu... err, travel.

Robeson fakes a 3, rolls right past for a layup... 50-24. And they get a turnover...

SWEET Radell pass to Callas for 2...

Radell AGAIN inside... Cougs are dominnt here.

54-26 now, outside chance at a running-clock game. Callas FT’s split, 55-26. Under 3 in quarter.

Rex Curtiss drives, fouled... FT’s missed...

NG fouled, 2 shots. Clankity Make. 55-27, 1:07 left.

Smith scores inside for the Cougs... 57-27... Yet another 3 by NG misses its mark... Cade Bennet hacked, 1 and 1... Make, miss. 58-27, 15 seconds left in the q... No further score... Just missed getting that running clock, but I’ll shut up now. :). Final score in a few...

Well... NG started flinging 3’s and got pretty hot, but the Cougs win 70-46.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT