ADVERTISEMENT

Campolindo WR Lucas Allen commits to PWO Offer from Cal Berkeley

So does a kid like Skinner get offered a scholarship now? (or has that happened). Certainly seems like a no brainer but was just curious.

Reactions: MC415
So does a kid like Skinner get offered a scholarship now? (or has that happened). Certainly seems like a no brainer but was just curious.

Nope not yet, he’s played a lot this spring because Cal is short WR till their transfer and JC guys show up, I can see him getting a schollie for his senior year but this year unless he is pressed into action due to thin receiving corp that Cal has and he shows out like Laird and Hanson did for them recently

Nope not yet, he’s played a lot this spring because Cal is short WR till their transfer and JC guys show up, I can see him getting a schollie for his senior year but this year unless he is pressed into action due to thin receiving corp that Cal has and he shows out like Laird and Hanson did for them recently
I’d encourage any student-athlete to consider a PWO offer at a really good match college, especially if it’s legit when the coach states “I’m out of money.” Often, that family eventually gets rewarded with MORE aid than the NLI hyped ones. But you really have to do your homework on the history of the staff and their offers.

The other factor is if yours exceeds some peer standards, then the academic money is there for the taking while being patient to dip into the AD pot.

The other factor is if yours exceeds some peer standards, then the academic money is there for the taking while being patient to dip into the AD pot.

Dead nuts-on the mark. From personal experience Concrete Jr went from 20% his frosh year of all college expenses picked up by his private college to almost 85% by his senior year, most of it academic based. Even the NCAA kicked in a nice bump 2x’s each year for academic successes.

When your student-athlete goes off to the school of their choice you as the parent have a new job: mining for financial paydirt to help cut costs, be creative and committed. There can be a real upside.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT