ADVERTISEMENT

Capital Christian Coaching Change

Saul Patu has stepped down. Aaron Garcia is taking over. Capital is expected to lose some players including Kayo Patu. Tough transition so close to the season and another coaching change at Capital which is on at least their fourth coach this decade.

I’m hearing Reggie Harris is also out at Inderkum and AD Justin Reber will be stepping in. Ironically Inderkum is playing Capital week 2.

I’m beginning to think that Inderkum and the Natomas Unified School district is an unstable place to coach. It appears that some staff members and parents have major issues with Harris. I’m also wondering why he wasn’t given the position of Athletic Director.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the district has been setting Reber up to be the next head coach all along.

Inderkum is a coveted school for football/basketball because of its proximity to talent. Harris seemed like a natural fit for the area because of his ties to North Sacramento. A lot of families and players migrated over to Inderkum to play for Harris.

I’d hate to see him get the boot but it appears that he doesn’t have the support of the administration at Inderkum.

They obvious don’t want to see him shine and take a good program to another level.

He should probably take a job at a school like Burbank where he could possibly have more autonomy over the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: EN_FB_Alum
It has been a tough go for Harris since coming back to NorCal as a HC. Thought it would work out really well at Inderkum.

In terms of Inderkum, a program that was as stable and consistent as they come for more than a decade has had a lot of turnover in recent years.

Indeed! Inderkum was definitely stable and consistent. It just sounds like they don’t want Harris to succeed. He had a ton of success at Grant and at St. Thomas Aquinas.

Casey Taylor bolted out of there with the quickness too. The dude won at Oak Ridge, Del Oro, and Capital. IMO, he’s a legendary coach….

Natomas is a weird community of mixed bags. It has both a suburb and city feel… Which is probably why they have broken it up into North/South Natomas. Whenever I visit Inderkum, I see the struggle in plain sight.

Casey Taylor was too “suburban/white” and it appears that Reggie Harris is too “inner city/black” It’s sad because both of these dudes are well respected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT