ADVERTISEMENT

Cashisking18

SPortela24

Sports Fanatic
Aug 8, 2009
We need some answers. A Goose Egg?! I thought this team was better than the Jake Browning / Jonah Williams Bulldogs?! You guaranteed a Folsom victory on Friday night but it's now Saturday Night and Folsom still hasn't scored. Sir, how can Folsom's high powered offense win without scoring?! We need answers man!

I think CashisKing 18 (aka G61) actually posted a somewhat Humble Pie response. I am not sure he really thought Folsom could win.

Think of this:

Folsom returned most of their high powered offense; a year older and stronger. DLS returned a strong defense, but offensively they had a sophomore qb starting his first game; no key running back (their best rb graduated); and they had to makeover their offensive line. I think Folsom is fortunate they played DLS in the first game of the year. If these two teams replay later in the year, and I think it is 4-5 td win for DLS. I mean, DLS had 7 sacks this game, imagine their defense with some games under their belts, and their offensive maturing during the year.

Reactions: sarpar
I think Folsom is fortunate they played DLS in the first game of the year. If these two teams replay later in the year, and I think it is 4-5 td win for DLS. I mean, DLS had 7 sacks this game, imagine their defense with some games under their belts, and their offensive maturing during the year.

To be fair, Folsom would also improve over the course of the season. DLS doesn't have a patent on that. If anything, DLS should be as ready as any program to begin a season -- given their commitment to year round training and the coaching staff's attention to detail. Their defense sure looked to be in mid-season form on Friday night.

I doubt Folsom commits the same volume of unforced mistakes and penalties later in the season as they did Week 0. It goes both ways.

Anybody who watched that game realized Folsom was as talented or more across the board. They looked every bit as big and fast. I didn't see the final stats but I would venture to say Folsom had more total offense. (I'm sure somebody has those) You can't turn the ball over 5 times and that 60+ yard run by Ngata getting called back for procedure was brutal. I see a close game if these guys played again and certainly Folsom could beat DLS. The "GAP" this year is very small.

Anybody who watched that game realized Folsom was as talented or more across the board. They looked every bit as big and fast. I didn't see the final stats but I would venture to say Folsom had more total offense. (I'm sure somebody has those) You can't turn the ball over 5 times and that 60+ yard run by Ngata getting called back for procedure was brutal. I see a close game if these guys played again and certainly Folsom could beat DLS. The "GAP" this year is very small.
Great points Larry. Spot on brother. You gonna be at Folsom/Jesuit next week at Prairie City Stadium?

Reactions: SpartanzRule
Great points Larry. Spot on brother. You gonna be at Folsom/Jesuit next week at Prairie City Stadium?

Thanks! Wasn't the outcome many of us hoped for but you have to be impressed with how far they've come on D. Kids make mistakes and unfortunately a few too many were made against a great team like DLS. If #18 (Foskey) for DLS isn't a 5 star recruit I don't know what one is. It seemed like him and #11 (too to) were in on every play. And the younger Ngata at times looked like the best player on the field period. Bright future for a lot of these young men.

We will hook up one of these times. I just realized I'm out of town... So bummed... I know Jesuit is on the rise but Folsom has a way of handling business pretty well. Should be a great game. Keep us posted!

I agree that both teams will improve, but DLS has much more growth on offense due to their soph qb's inexperience. Just don't see the gap as small as you think, Mostly because the DLS defense.

If Folsom plays DLS enough, maybe at 10 or 11 they get a win.......then again no one else since 1991 has been able to do it either.....3rd time wasn't the charm...lol...

I would suggest the other credible posters on here continue to hit ignore on the handful of trolls on here. Dont feed em!

Go Folsom!

I would suggest the other credible posters on here continue to hit ignore on the handful of trolls on here. Dont feed em!

Go Folsom!
Cash if you controlled your mouth and didn't hijack every thread to Folsom......I am sure there would be plenty of sympathy but you have no respect for any program....you get on here and bad mouth fellow SFL teams that they are going to get steamed rolled....bet you feel superior saying that knowing many of the players read this nonsense....great job...glad your are a Folsom fan...

Folsom could’ve easily won that game, but they didn’t I think most people is giving cash a hard time cause what he’s been saying for the past year and due to the fact that this is suppose to be the best folsom team ever and they came up short and didn’t score makes it look bad. Folsom will win another state bowl game. But can we stop comparing Folsom wins to dls loses. Folsom might be dls easiest non conference game aside from cc. Folsom has played the better version of folsom plenty of times. Jesuit is just as big and fast as dls and they have a stud on the outside so this week isn’t guranteed like most people think last year play off match up was pretty competitive

Folsom could’ve easily won that game, but they didn’t I think most people is giving cash a hard time cause what he’s been saying for the past year and due to the fact that this is suppose to be the best folsom team ever and they came up short and didn’t score makes it look bad. Folsom will win another state bowl game. But can we stop comparing Folsom wins to dls loses. Folsom might be dls easiest non conference game aside from cc. Folsom has played the better version of folsom plenty of times. Jesuit is just as big and fast as dls and they have a stud on the outside so this week isn’t guranteed like most people think last year play off match up was pretty competitive
Good points. However I never stated this was the best Folsom team ever. I stated this team had the best chance to beat DLS of the 3 that played them. And I was 100 percent spot on.

Folsom by 3 scores next week over Jesuit.

folsom was right with dls, so think jesuit vs de la salle, what do you get? lopsided dls (folsom) victory.

Honestly. I will just wait and see. I think Jesuit is going to be strong. But if I had a gun to my head right now, I’d say that Jesuit would give Sparty a tough game. They looked really good at the scrimmage. Many athletes.

Honestly. I will just wait and see. I think Jesuit is going to be strong. But if I had a gun to my head right now, I’d say that Jesuit would give Sparty a tough game. They looked really good at the scrimmage. Many athletes.

Funny, when I did the NorCal Pre-season Top 20 thread a few weeks ago a couple posters jumped me for ranking Jesuit "too high" at #6. After I explained why they still weren't happy - glad other people realize how good Jesuit could be as well [though I did think Pitt was going to roll CVC based on everything I'd read, Lol! Let's see how Jesuit does..].

Guess we'll find out if you're right this Friday night. Rutherford certainly is a player.

Its a good thing that NorCal and SoCal did not institute a playoff system where the top two teams in each area play for the right to go to the Open game, with the loser going to the D1 game. If that was in place, Folsom would have faced MD, SJB, or CC, depending on who lost the Open game play in game. In that scenario, Folsom would be winless in State Games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT