ADVERTISEMENT

CCS Sleeper Teams?

There has been little to no coverage of the CCS lately. Especially if you want a look at any of the PAL teams, but you can expect a late run by both MA & ARAGON. Aragon was young last year and is expected to have a good year. MA will be solid as always. These two meet Sept 28 @ Aragon. Other PAL BAY teams are HMB MENLO SHP & tn. My sleeper in the PAL is Burlingame, They got Von Almen back as the DC who spent the last couple years running the D @ HMB & collecting CCS rings. Look for them to win the Ocean Div and make a good run in D4 CCS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 831ccschamp
There has been little to no coverage of the CCS lately. Especially if you want a look at any of the PAL teams, but you can expect a late run by both MA & ARAGON. Aragon was young last year and is expected to have a good year. MA will be solid as always. These two meet Sept 28 @ Aragon. Other PAL BAY teams are HMB MENLO SHP & tn. My sleeper in the PAL is Burlingame, They got Von Almen back as the DC who spent the last couple years running the D @ HMB & collecting CCS rings. Look for them to win the Ocean Div and make a good run in D4 CCS.

Does Burlingame have impact players returning? Are there significant transfers? Are you basing your Panthers' prediction on a new assistant coach?

CCS seems down this year compared to last year. I actually think the Southern half of the section could better than last year though

CCS seems down this year compared to last year. I actually think the Southern half of the section could better than last year though

Two CCS state titles and one very, very close runner-up in 2017. Repeating those results will indeed by tough.

Could not agree with StreakOne more as CCS seems significantly down in overall team talent. The biggest concern would be the publics & smaller privates roster numbers.
Riordan playing Salesian Prep this Saturday & no JV game as not enough Salesian players to field a JV squad. While the numbers are down overall the better successful programs do not seem to be having as much an issue. I read this trend in smallwr roster numbers will start reversing in the next 1-2 years, but a significant concern currently.

As for sleeper team my pick is Mitty who finished in 6th place in 8 team WCAL last season at 2-5 league & 5-6 overall.
Mitty had the league's soph player of the year in QB Shamir Bey 6'3-190 who can run & pass along with their top RB and WR. Mitty is one of only 2 teams in the WCAL to return their starting QB from last season. Overall a solid core of returning players & should def be better in 2018.

Their numbers are down so depth may be an issue, but Aptos could make a nice run in the PCAL Gabilan and the CCS playoffs. Well coached, extremely disciplined team.

Look for some schools like RLS and Gonzales to have good league records based on the new parity leauge, they wont do anything in playoffs, but a step forward for these programs.

Two CCS state titles and one very, very close runner-up in 2017. Repeating those results will indeed by tough.

The CCS went 3-1 in state title games last year (Serra, St. Francis, and Milpitas).

No one is talking about last year's D-I Open champ, Salinas. The local papers (Monterey Herald and Salinas Californian) both sound very high on the team as being state contenders once again. So far, most of the consideration has gone to Menlo-Atherton as being the front-runner in D-I. The Cowboys are continuing their rivalry with Milpitas in week 3. Before that they play Clovis, who just smacked Modesto 42-14.

M-A has both Bellarmine, Mitty, and Palma before taking on Valor Christian from Colorado.

As we've seen before, both M-A and Salinas could very possibly advance to the state regionals.

Last edited:
Streak- I think it may be a little early to declare a section ( ccs) down this year. ( or up for that matter) Most of the teams in the section haven't played a game yet- just say'in.

Could not agree with StreakOne more as CCS seems significantly down in overall team talent. The biggest concern would be the publics & smaller privates roster numbers.
Riordan playing Salesian Prep this Saturday & no JV game as not enough Salesian players to field a JV squad. While the numbers are down overall the better successful programs do not seem to be having as much an issue. I read this trend in smallwr roster numbers will start reversing in the next 1-2 years, but a significant concern currently.

As for sleeper team my pick is Mitty who finished in 6th place in 8 team WCAL last season at 2-5 league & 5-6 overall.
Mitty had the league's soph player of the year in QB Shamir Bey 6'3-190 who can run & pass along with their top RB and WR. Mitty is one of only 2 teams in the WCAL to return their starting QB from last season. Overall a solid core of returning players & should def be better in 2018.
Mitty will be lucky to finish 5th in the WCAL. New inexperienced staff coupled with transition to new scheme. Oakdale is going to wing t the heck out of them. Only thing that puts Mitty at the top is their Twitter feed.

Streak- I think it may be a little early to declare a section ( ccs) down this year. ( or up for that matter) Most of the teams in the section haven't played a game yet- just say'in.

If we waited until all facts were in to comment, the message boards would be very quiet lol. Taking an educated guess

No one is talking about last year's D-I Open champ, Salinas. The local papers (Monterey Herald and Salinas Californian) both sound very high on the team as being state contenders once again. So far, most of the consideration has gone to Menlo-Atherton as being the front-runner in D-I. The Cowboys are continuing their rivalry with Milpitas in week 3. Before that they play Clovis, who just smacked Modesto 42-14.

M-A has both Bellarmine, Mitty, and Palma before taking on Valor Christian from Colorado.

As we've seen before, both M-A and Salinas could very possibly advance to the state regionals.

Salinas should be real solid again this year especially if Richardson is as advertised.

I get the talent at Menlo-Atherton, but after last year, I choose to be more cautious. Things never came together for them last year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT