ADVERTISEMENT

Central (Fresno) 45 Whitney 16 FINAL

Won't know that until they play each other. Central will always be more physical and more athletic than Folsom. Folsom coaching the past few years has been superior over Central. Not sure if Doherty can out coach Biggs.

CxVsIOAVEAIIMlJ.jpg

Last edited:
Did you watch central last week vs grant? No score was misleading grant actually didn’t do that bad even though grant had 6 starters leave the program they have some good young players they’ll be tougher next year
No, I didn't watch it but I have people in Fresno that keeps me inform on Central and Edison football. And I believe you. I know Grant has players that can match up athletically and physically with the kids from West Fresno. It's just sad to see the Pacers go so far down in such a short time. I'm hoping they get it together because a strong Grant program makes prep football in NorCal a much more powerful region. We need that talent in the league not on the streets due to a lack of good coaching.

No, I didn't watch it but I have people in Fresno that keeps me inform on Central and Edison football. And I believe you. I know Grant has players that can match up athletically and physically with the kids from West Fresno. It's just sad to see the Pacers go so far down in such a short time. I'm hoping they get it together because a strong Grant program makes prep football in NorCal a much more powerful region. We need that talent in the league not on the streets due to a lack of good coaching.

People on this board doesn’t understand that grant fight a lot of problems that’s off the field we lose kids to inderkum just because it’s safer. We rarely lose kids because of losing but it’s starting to happen now though. But it’s a bunch of kids that should’ve been pacers

People on this board doesn’t understand that grant fight a lot of problems that’s off the field we lose kids to inderkum just because it’s safer. We rarely lose kids because of losing but it’s starting to happen now though. But it’s a bunch of kids that should’ve been pacers
Grant situation proves coaching matters. Imagine Terry Starks at Grant instead of Indy. Grant would have a positive and productive football operation. I don't believe kids in the Grant district would transfer out to Indy. Grant need a coach in which understand the community but at the same time understand X's & O's. Coach Al knew enough about the X's & O's to win with the world class talent he had until the Spread, RPO and other complex multi optional offenses arrived. Grant didn't keep up and now they're looking out the back window wondering what happened. Grant is now looking like a bunch of other inner city public schools football program. A bunch of talent with no direction for success on the field of play. The program miss Reggie more than ever. Reggie brought that "it" factor to Pacer football. Not Al. The game has simply passed him bye.

Grant situation proves coaching matters. Imagine Terry Starks at Grant instead of Indy. Grant would have a positive and productive football operation. I don't believe kids in the Grant district would transfer out to Indy. Grant need a coach in which understand the community but at the same time understand X's & O's. Coach Al knew enough about the X's & O's to win with the world class talent he had until the Spread, RPO and other complex multi optional offenses arrived. Grant didn't keep up and now they're looking out the back window wondering what happened. Grant is now looking like a bunch of other inner city public schools football program. A bunch of talent with no direction for success on the field of play. The program miss Reggie more than ever. Reggie brought that "it" factor to Pacer football. Not Al. The game has simply passed him bye.

You nailed it!

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Per MaxPreps Grant only have 21 players on their roster? This is terrible.

They have more they pulled up kids from jv they’ll be good in a year. They just aren’t experienced this year and grant doesn’t really get their young players experience so this is a lot of those kids first year of really playing. The community seen this coming ahead of time they wanted change years ago but when al wins it covers things up but now he’s not winning so now everybody can see clearer

This game was much closer than the score let’s on. What killed Whitney was penalties and turnovers. It was 24-16 in the third and Whitney had wide open receivers either drop the ball or the ball was overthrown. It got out of hand when Whitney had a few key injuries and central Has about 90 guys on their sideline. They were able to just lean on Whitney backups and Whitney was gassed . Low numbers definitely hurt Whitney. At one point it was 24-16 and Whitney had the ball on centrals 9 yard line and they had a few penalties . Officiating was horrible . Expect Whitney to have some big sfl wins if they can stay healthy

This game was much closer than the score let’s on. What killed Whitney was penalties and turnovers. It was 24-16 in the third and Whitney had wide open receivers either drop the ball or the ball was overthrown. It got out of hand when Whitney had a few key injuries and central Has about 90 guys on their sideline. They were able to just lean on Whitney backups and Whitney was gassed . Low numbers definitely hurt Whitney. At one point it was 24-16 and Whitney had the ball on centrals 9 yard line and they had a few penalties . Officiating was horrible . Expect Whitney to have some big sfl wins if they can stay healthy

I think Whitney has a real chance to suprise teams in the SFL. Is this a senior heavy squad for Whitney? Do they have the numbers to make it out of the SFL gauntlet?

My interest is peaked with this squad.
I'm looking forward to that quarry bowl coming up.

They are split down the middle with seniors/underclassmen. QB and top WR are juniors , two sophomore o lineman start. But a few seniors at key spots. They had their chances last night and just missed their opportunities. Central was a good looking team . They had a hand full of guys who will be very successful on Saturday mornings next year.

Reactions: MC415
They are split down the middle with seniors/underclassmen. QB and top WR are juniors , two sophomore o lineman start. But a few seniors at key spots. They had their chances last night and just missed their opportunities. Central was a good looking team . They had a hand full of guys who will be very successful on Saturday mornings next year.

Nice balance on roster. Being a Bay area transplant until a few years ago I really didn’t appreciate how many excellent teams are in the area. Perhaps all that CCS fog in the way but you tend to only hear about Folsom (legitimately) and Grant of yesteryear, OR and DO on the periphery. It’s been a treat watching real good football in the area. Good luck to the wildcats this season.

Maybe that is why Central got 80 hung on them last year? I am just throwing a hail mary here.
We all know great recruits from other parts of the country have helped Folsom in the physical and athletic department immensely the past few years. This is no secret to those that know the deal here. That said, this Central team is senior heavy but is not as athletic and physical as years past. There's a very good chance Whitney will beat the Grizzlies next year if they play each other. The coach at Whitney seems to know what he's doing. I have a feeling he's going to be challenging for SFL championships in the near future. I can see them beating Grant, DO, Rocklin and GB this year. I wouldn't be shocked if they beat OR as well. They have the most challenging schedule in all the SFL except for Grant. Once Folsom is rid of their all american transfers I can see Whitney beating them as well. Coach Doherty will not out scheme coach McNally. McNally seems to be a great fit for the Wildcats and your Bulldogs might be in trouble of losing their grip on the SFL in a few years. Whitney is on the upswing and everyone is on notice.

This Whitney team is experienced where it matters brought back a lot of their key pieces from last season. The question is will they have the athletes next year most of them graduate this year I believe this will be Whitney’s best team for a while

This Whitney team is experienced where it matters brought back a lot of their key pieces from last season. The question is will they have the athletes next year most of them graduate this year I believe this will be Whitney’s best team for a while
Winning breeds more athletes. If they have success in the SFL this season and do will in the playoffs they will get more athletes to join their success.

Winning breeds more athletes. If they have success in the SFL this season and do will in the playoffs they will get more athletes to join their success.

I think that’s a overrated statement there’s not many athletes that will pass up rocklin to attend Whitney. It’s only a handful of athletes in the area I don’t see them going to Whitney over rocklin. The antelope area has a good amount of athletes but antelope might be a better program rightnow

We all know great recruits from other parts of the country have helped Folsom in the physical and athletic department immensely the past few years.
So 3 players from 2 hours away in Reno is bad, but 31 transfers from all over SoCal to one team is good?

Reno is not all over the country. If other SFL teams had the same success has Folsom, the same players would be somehow attending there. This isn't a new thing.

As for Central- mute point. Any team that gives up 80 points in a regional bowl game, loses any chance at legit credibility.

We all know great recruits from other parts of the country have helped Folsom in the physical and athletic department immensely the past few years. This is no secret to those that know the deal here. That said, this Central team is senior heavy but is not as athletic and physical as years past. There's a very good chance Whitney will beat the Grizzlies next year if they play each other. The coach at Whitney seems to know what he's doing. I have a feeling he's going to be challenging for SFL championships in the near future. I can see them beating Grant, DO, Rocklin and GB this year. I wouldn't be shocked if they beat OR as well. They have the most challenging schedule in all the SFL except for Grant. Once Folsom is rid of their all american transfers I can see Whitney beating them as well. Coach Doherty will not out scheme coach McNally. McNally seems to be a great fit for the Wildcats and your Bulldogs might be in trouble of losing their grip on the SFL in a few years. Whitney is on the upswing and everyone is on notice.

Well said. They beat a very good placer team who took top 10 Newman to brink last night. Whitney is going to be a problem for most in the SFL. It sounds like QB is a stud.

I think that’s a overrated statement there’s not many athletes that will pass up rocklin to attend Whitney. It’s only a handful of athletes in the area I don’t see them going to Whitney over rocklin. The antelope area has a good amount of athletes but antelope might be a better program rightnow
I have to respectfully disagree with you here. Though I don't know a lot about Rocklin, GB and Whitney geographically I do believe the best youth athletes seek the best football program in that area. And if Whitney becomes that in the near future I'm sure some youth program kids in that geographical area will show up there. I don't believe that area is big on inner district transfers but I do believe these programs are big on early youth movement in regards to football. You would have to make me believe parents in this area don't find their kids way to the best program early on when they see their kid is special at their position as a youth player.

Well said. They beat a very good placer team who took top 10 Newman to brink last night. Whitney is going to be a problem for most in the SFL. It sounds like QB is a stud.
I mean for coach McNally to go into Fresno and compete with Central for most of the game speaks volumes in regards to his coaching ability. Not only that but his team blew out a SS team Paraclete that is no slouch and has won a state championship. Regardless if he has a lot to pick from or not his program seems to develop kids into very good football players. That's coaching and that's something that is missing at Grant at the moment.

IDK what’s been going on with Maxpreps live scoring lately, but they’ve often had scores reversed the past couple weeks. I thought Whitney was winning that game 24-14 for the longest time, when it was the other way around. The same thing happened when Grant faced Central last week.

Got my hopes and curiosity up for no reason!

I mean for coach McNally to go into Fresno and compete with Central for most of the game speaks volumes in regards to his coaching ability. Not only that but his team blew out a SS team Paraclete that is no slouch and has won a state championship. Regardless if he has a lot to pick from or not his program seems to develop kids into very good football players. That's coaching and that's something that is missing at Grant at the moment.

A little birdy told me that if the Folsom oc didn’t get the promotion to head coach he was coming to grant as the oc and possibly to replace al as the head coach. I heard he spent a lot of time at grant in the offseason

A little birdy told me that if the Folsom oc didn’t get the promotion to head coach he was coming to grant as the oc and possibly to replace al as the head coach. I heard he spent a lot of time at grant in the offseason

Grant only wishes. You watch for Folsom this year....they aren't missing a beat. The execution if tight as hell. Ball is going where it is supposed to go. Kids want to play there. The snowball keeps rolling and gathering mass.

I believe Grant getting a awesome OC is great. However, I believe Grant needs a head coach that brings toughness, X & O smarts and player accountability to their program. (Grant needs a young coach that will get the players to buy into their anyone, anytime and anywhere mantra). If Grant gets this guy they'll take over NorCal football within two years. Folsom will never field the talent Grant does. Grant is a household name and when they land the right coach their opponents will know why.

Grant only wishes. You watch for Folsom this year....they aren't missing a beat. The execution if tight as hell. Ball is going where it is supposed to go. Kids want to play there. The snowball keeps rolling and gathering mass.

Wishes? Being an oc at Folsom doesn’t come close to being the head coach at grant. At grant all you gotta do is keep your players and he will have everything Folsom has to bring in plus more. Been saying it for years I doubt kids from south Sacramento want to transfer to Folsom you think the kid from Washington chose Folsom lol eventually some will realize Folsom uses a little talent scouting. I mentioned this before 2 years ago I had a nephew get recruited to Folsom from sac highs jv team. Again, I dong care much that they talent scout just play a challenging schedule if not it looks like they have to bring in talent just to compete with local teams

Putting McNally in the same conversation as any of the SFL coaches is a slap in the face. The guy has won under 10 games in 4 seasons as a HC, and completely destroyed Logan’s program in the process. Guys like Jeff Walters, Jason Adams, Paul Doherty, Erick Cavaliers, AL....

Slow down people. You must be related to the guy or something. He needs to prove his worth. I do give him props for surrounding himself with quality assistants, but to say the guy is going to compete in the SFL, the best public school league in NorCal and possibly the state, is a little premature. Win the Battle of Rocklin, and then we can begin to have that discussion.

A quick check in Max Preps has James Logan not having a losing record from 2004 till to 2015. The WHS coach is the only losing season on record this century at Logan???

All I would like to say is, it looks like McNally has Whitney heading in the right direction. Anyone digressing with that has some serious McNally hate issues. :cool:

I've heard the exact same thing from somebody close to the program. Nothing but praise. Growing area and beautiful school. No reason they shouldn't be good year in and out.

Wishes? Being an oc at Folsom doesn’t come close to being the head coach at grant. At grant all you gotta do is keep your players and he will have everything Folsom has to bring in plus more. Been saying it for years I doubt kids from south Sacramento want to transfer to Folsom you think the kid from Washington chose Folsom lol eventually some will realize Folsom uses a little talent scouting. I mentioned this before 2 years ago I had a nephew get recruited to Folsom from sac highs jv team. Again, I dong care much that they talent scout just play a challenging schedule if not it looks like they have to bring in talent just to compete with local teams

I imagine he's real happy to coach in a disciplined program.

I've heard the exact same thing from somebody close to the program. Nothing but praise. Growing area and beautiful school. No reason they shouldn't be good year in and out.
Whitney is one beautiful school. Nice football stadium, gym and one of the few surface pools in the area. I also believe the Wildcats were the only new school in 2005 with a surface pool in the Sacramento region. That includes schools like Pleasant Grove (Elk Grove) and River Valley (Yuba City). McNair (Stockton), Chavez (Stockton) and Central Valley (Ceres) were the other new schools in the SJS in 2005. None of these schools have surface pools as well as a Silicon Valley type computer program for students.

I imagine he's real happy to coach in a disciplined program.

He coached at sac high. You can coach discipline it’s even better when your team is talented. Based on location no team in the sfl can breed better talent and size that’s just the harsh truth. That’s inderkum biggest problem is location there’s no many big islanders around north natomas. Grants a coaching change away from being a threat again. I know it gets tired hearing it but it’s the truth Folsom wouldn’t do well if they ran the ball into heavy run boxes and only threw fade routes on obvious pass situation

the truth Folsom wouldn’t do well if they ran the ball into heavy run boxes and only threw fade routes on obvious pass situation
This is why in the past they never scheduled teams like Cen10, Narbonne or even Pittsburg. Notice they scheduled CVC over Pitt. And we all know Pitt isn't running from a game with Folsom. Too many Islanders up front and too many athletic freaks to match up with. Teams built like these seems to be a Folsom coaching staff nightmare in the past. And let's be totally clear here. This is not a knock on the new coach and his staff. This is the facts about their predecessor's. It's a new day in Bulldog Nation so I'm going to enjoy the new regime and their new look Bulldogs.

Whitney is one beautiful school. Nice football stadium, gym and one of the few surface pools in the area.

My house is situated almost exactly in between Whitney and Rocklin High. Both are beautiful campuses. But Whitney looks like a freaking college. It's crazy.

Less than a mile down the road from Whitney, construction is underway for a new HS in Lincoln named "Twelve Bridges" that opens in 2021 or 2022. I can't imagine what that place is going to look like and how big a rival they might become to Whitney since a rock can practically be thrown from one campus to the other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT