ADVERTISEMENT

Central (Fresno) 45 Whitney 16 FINAL

This is why in the past they never scheduled teams like Cen10, Narbonne or even Pittsburg. Notice they scheduled CVC over Pitt. And we all know Pitt isn't running from a game with Folsom. Too many Islanders up front and too many athletic freaks to match up with. Teams built like these seems to be a Folsom coaching staff nightmare in the past. And let's be totally clear here. This is not a knock on the new coach and his staff. This is the facts about their predecessor's. It's a new day in Bulldog Nation so I'm going to enjoy the new regime and their new look Bulldogs.

Any team that can apply pressure with 3 or 4 guys, is going to be able to drop the rest into coverage. Most teams can't get the pressure on the Folsom QB. Those that do...well, they beat Folsom. I think the new coach knows this. So, he has the ball coming out of there very quick this year. Very short strides on those QBs....fast delivery. That will help.

Reactions: ThunderRam
My house is situated almost exactly in between Whitney and Rocklin High. Both are beautiful campuses. But Whitney looks like a freaking college. It's crazy.

Less than a mile down the road from Whitney, construction is underway for a new HS in Lincoln named "Twelve Bridges" that opens in 2021 or 2022. I can't imagine what that place is going to look like and how big a rival they might become to Whitney since a rock can practically be thrown from one campus to the other.
I've never visited Rocklin's campus but I'm sure it's beautiful as well. I bet the new school will be a thing of beauty also. And I'm sure they'll attract a nice head coach from the area in the future.

Reactions: ThunderRam
That will help.
Once again, it still depends on the level of talent the Bulldogs are going up against. If the Bulldogs are going up against a better athletic team the secondary will eventually become more aggressive against Folsom's QB quick releases/WR short routes. Which means two things will happen. (1) They will allow Folsom short yardage completions outside the Red Zone. (2) They will allow short gains but will be lurking for possible pick 6's. BAIT, BAIT, BAIT!!! This up front pressure as well as text book coverage technique will also bait the QB into doing things he's not comfortable with. Is he use to looking off his first two options if they're not available??? Trust me, he will not see this type of speed and athleticism in the four days he had to prepare for it. Pressure burst pipes!!!

Note: The goal for the defense is to keep everything in front of them until a mistake is made by the offense. If and once Folsom gets inside the Red Zone the pressure from the DB's intensify on short routes. And they'll put more emphasis on Folsom's run game as well. Playing through the WR's to the RB(s) and QB. Yes, I believe in cover-1 coverage all game long. We call that preparing your kids for "Next level" football. And I believe speed and superior athleticism dominates line play not size. Once again, pressure burst pipes. And with superior athletes; we're bringing pressure win, lose or draw. Btw, this is just a snippet of things to do with better athletes all over the field. And we all know, Grant, Cen10, Central and Narbonne have more of these HOME GROWN kids on their campus then Folsom.

***The #2 team in the SJS you have to force them to pass. Put 7 and sometimes 8 in the box and say beat me with your QB's arm. Know how to take away the inside veer. It's just that damn simple.

Once again, it still depends on the level of talent the Bulldogs are going up against. If the Bulldogs are going up against a better athletic team the secondary will eventually become more aggressive against Folsom's QB quick releases/WR short routes. Which means two things will happen. (1) They will allow Folsom short yardage completions outside the Red Zone. (2) They will allow short gains but will be lurking for possible pick 6's.

Don’t forget about a 3rd possibility. The aggressive secondary getting beat over the top if they guess incorrectly. Or miss a tackle on a strong WR like Badger and he’s gone!

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Don’t forget about a 3rd possibility. The aggressive secondary getting beat over the top if they guess incorrectly. Or miss a tackle on a strong WR like Badger and he’s gone!
If Folsom OL can stonewall or stymie the pressure coming from our front 4 and beat our superior athletic DB's up top, we don't have the guys to run a cover-1 man scheme the entire game. Badger would be a concern but he wouldn't take us out of our game plan. They would need to have at least two more Badgers for us to consider bailing on our defense philosophy. I would probably add more stunts and blitzes to the defense against Folsom. At least until they figure out the pressure points. And you're correct, we would Baptism, I mean chastise Badger at the LOS and play him with no cushion. Basically, he'd be in a pay phone booth with our CB on lock down.

If we don't have the Grants, Cen10, Narbonne or Central type dudes then we have no business running a cover-1 scheme all game against Folsom. Remember, this was based on having superior student/athletes not the non-athletic students on campus (No pun intended). The schools that generally have more athletes on their campus then Folsom such as the schools I've already mentioned.

However, not having these type athletes I'd run a Man under/Cover-2 defense against Folsom. The Green machine from Concord gave Folsom fits with this defense. It caused Folsom to turn the ball over 4 times. DLS had no problem shutting Badger down with their stout and sophisticated MU/C2 defense. This is why I hate bringing up players names on here but my granny all ways told me, "the truth will set you free boy". Hoping Doherty doesn't get worked like the last staff did when Sparty was on the menu. "The Junkie"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT