ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Monday Notes

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Here are a couple of notes from championship games around the state:

Campolindo beat host Modesto Christian 60-52 in the finals of the Modesto Christian Holiday Hoops Classic. Tournament MVP Aidan Mahaney had 30 points. Junior Emmanuel Callas added 21 points with those two players scoring all of the Cougars’ second half points.

Modesto Christian senior Alex Merkviladze had a team high 20 points for the Crusaders, which got 14 points from Michael Pearson.

Sheldon led JSerra 29-16 at halftime, but fell 52-50 in the finals of the Torrey Pines tournament. Xavion Brown and Darren Tobias were named to the All-Tournament team. The No. 1 Huskies played without senior Marcus Bagley during the event.

Serra beat Marin Catholic 66-62 at their Bambauer Classic. Serra senior Julius Alcantara had a game high 18 points.

The WCAL represented very well at the Torrey Pines Holiday Classic in San Diego.
Mitty took the consolation championship in the National division bracket defeating Foothills Christian 79-58.
Bellarmine won the American division bracket title beating St. Joseph-Notre Dame 58-40.
The WCAL is going to be a battle with Bellarmine, Mitty and Riordan. Serra and the rest of the league will have a say in this as well. Happy New Year!

Reactions: ayalar09
Great league as always. But the top 3 are loaded this year. I’m excited to see bellarmine play. I try and catch them a few times. I enjoy there style. Lots of returners from last year and they have elite size but Riordan/Mitty are my favorites. (Shocking)

WCAL and Delta League are stacked this year.

Maybe next year they can do what the NCAA does and have one team from each conference play each other every year!

WCAL vs. Delta

WCAL and Delta League are stacked this year.

Maybe next year they can do what the NCAA does and have one team from each conference play each other every year!

WCAL vs. Delta

agreed. I was just thinking about delta. Sheldon, Jesuit, Elk Grove , and look out for Davis. Wow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT