ADVERTISEMENT

Class of 2025 Offers

I'm pretty sure most of it has to do with Chip Kelly being the Buckeyes OC now. His long track record recruiting the entire West Coast (specifically NorCal) and connections out here is something tOSU hasn't really had in a while. Not to the degree Chip brings it, anyway.

I strongly suspect they'll be much more active in NorCal for the foreseeable future, not only because of Chip, but also because 4 of their future conference opponents (USC, UCLA, Oregon, UW) recruit this area pretty hard.
This is a good take. Also should be noted that Texas has a HC with strong West Coast ties and Alabama's new head coach just came from Washington.

A big recruiting trend to watch is will the West Coast schools be able to keep elite players more playing in the Big 10/SEC/Big 12 or will we will a continued drain from these programs as the traditional powers get more West Coast ties.

Hearing whispers Edwards from OR will be committing to Alabama soon. Makes sense given the Wash staff was high on him and he's the last top 10 TE prospect in class of 2025 who hasn't committed yet.

Sam Connelly, DL Marin Catholic, has committed to Yale. Lots of other offers at the FCS level and FBS from Air Force and Army. But how do you say no to Yale!
You do if the family is not flush with cash.

^^ That’s certainly one reason. There are many, many more.

Why some folks act as if Ivy league schools are the end all, be all escapes me. Especially so in today’s climate of both HS and higher education. Were people not paying attention to what happened at Harvard not all that long ago which eventually led to the departure of its awful president?

Aside from Ivy leagues being FCS level, I see plenty of reasons for athletes to say “no” to Yale and other Ivy league institutions. Same goes for non-athletes. The culture may not be good fit, among many other things. Prestige and impressing others means dick.

^^ That’s certainly one reason. There are many, many more.

Why some folks act as if Ivy league schools are the end all, be all escapes me. Especially so in today’s climate of both HS and higher education. Were people not paying attention to what happened at Harvard not all that long ago which eventually led to the departure of its awful president?

Aside from Ivy leagues being FCS level, I see plenty of reasons for athletes to say “no” to Yale and other Ivy league institutions. Same goes for non-athletes. The culture may not be good fit, among many other things. Prestige and impressing others means dick.
Totally agree. These schools have all gotten watered down also by the woke movement. A Harvard degree 20 + years ago isn't the same as one today. Imagine paying that sort of money and cancelling graduation? These places are political monsters and all for the wrong reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT