ADVERTISEMENT

Clayton valley

Roll through non-league opponents and league and lose in the first round of NCS Open Playoffs again. This will happen for years to come until Murphy leaves.

And then what? They don't roll through non-league and league opponents? Are the Uglies expected to beat the Green Machine or every season is a failure? That's a tough expectation for every NorCal team, at least the ones that play them. They're in the same boat as every other NCS D1 team hoping for a #2 or #3 seed to keep their season going as long as possible.

Nothing wrong with it, I'm just replying to the thread title of what do you think Clayton will do....

I don't know Coach Murphy like some of you but I give him credit for identifying DLS as the gold standard and being open about wanting CVC to be the NorCal team that finally derails them. Class, character, integrity aren't just words, they are keys to success in any organization. Only the coaches and players know what goes on in the program. They must be doing something right. Their roster gives them a chance in any game they play. I don't think it matters if you are a #2, #3 or #4 seed. The Open championship goes through DLS so what does it matter if its the first or second game?

Reactions: Coolio12345
I don't know Coach Murphy like some of you but I give him credit for identifying DLS as the gold standard and being open about wanting CVC to be the NorCal team that finally derails them. Class, character, integrity aren't just words, they are keys to success in any organization. Only the coaches and players know what goes on in the program. They must be doing something right. Their roster gives them a chance in any game they play. I don't think it matters if you are a #2, #3 or #4 seed. The Open championship goes through DLS so what does it matter if its the first or second game?

Only benefit of making to the championship and getting that D1 NorCal bid

And then what? They don't roll through non-league and league opponents? Are the Uglies expected to beat the Green Machine or every season is a failure? That's a tough expectation for every NorCal team, at least the ones that play them. They're in the same boat as every other NCS D1 team hoping for a #2 or #3 seed to keep their season going as long as possible.

Coolio 12345 makes a valid point here you may not like it but point is valid. Listen the knock on DLS for years was their advantages in terms of recruiting etc. No program in NorCal has a bigger advantage than CVCHS not even DLS. They have a open enrollment, a coach who is known to recruit, a admin who is complacent to the coach and team in terms of money, grades, discipline, etc. They also happen to be 17k cheaper than DLS. Add all that up it very attractive to both parents and players, so who has a bigger advantage here really? So while they aren't expected to beat DLS every year there is zero reason why they shouldn't compete when they do play them. And to date they haven't shown a ability to even compete, unless getting blanked is somehow competing. The bigger picture here is name a quality CA. program they have beaten that isn't D4,3, or 2? The missing link to CVC dominance is the coaching, simply put. Murphy clearly has his limitations and his ego clearly costs his teams in big games. He is a offensive coordinator playing head coach. A coaching change is what's needed to take next step, it's not like the program can't attract a quality coach at this point.

It matters big time. The winner 2&3 seed game gets them in championship and the loser plays on. So yeah seeding matters. Remember the whole loser plays on BS.

Reactions: northbayfb
Can't wait to see them against De La Salle and Pittsburg at Pitt's scrimmage on august 18th

I respectfully disagree with the Murphy doubters. He is a helluva coach that has taken every program he's been to and elevated them. He knows he's now in D1 and has to adapt and that piece is in progress now. Our team this year has a lot of weapons and the O line has more cohesiveness than last years. Offensively we should put up big numbers. Defensively, we are young but have a lot of talent. All indications are there is plenty of depth on this roster. Should be a great year with better results than last year.

Reactions: feedback1
I respectfully disagree with the Murphy doubters. He is a helluva coach that has taken every program he's been to and elevated them. He knows he's now in D1 and has to adapt and that piece is in progress now. Our team this year has a lot of weapons and the O line has more cohesiveness than last years. Offensively we should put up big numbers. Defensively, we are young but have a lot of talent. All indications are there is plenty of depth on this roster. Should be a great year with better results than last year.

It's not being a doubter it's what it is. Murphy himself says he doesn't have any input into his defenses, it's on tape first state bowl game half time interview. He clearly takes very little interest in special teams or the units would be better prepared. These are all the responsibilities of a head coach. He is more concerned with his offense than anything.(that ok if a coordinator) It's why they don't punt etc because his ego and his offense leads him to believe they can make it every time. Winning league when you have the advantage over everybody in your league isn't impressive it's expected. If he was such a great coach, game planner, etc, why is he always getting caught skirting rules to gain a advantage? Ultimately talent isn't the issue and hasn't been, it's leadership. In terms of the line being better than last year? I watched the highlights from Pitt lineman challenge and it was not flattering, I saw 1 kid that impressed and he was not the kid with all the offers. Coolio is correct when he states Cruz through season and a early exit in playoffs. It will make for a great Tshirt though.

Last edited:
@UglyEagle - I forgot. Yes Murphy has elevated every program he has been at. But elevating isn't the goal at CVC anymore it's winning a state title. That isn't going to happen under current situation/coach. And there hasn't been any indication that they can take the next step under him.

You obviously have a strong opinion of Murphy and our program which you have shared over and over in numerous forums. Nothing I say will change your opinion and noting you say can change mine. You bash us at every opportunity.

Last edited:
The changes we need to make are being made. We went to state 2 out of the 3 past seasons and lost. One by a fumble and the other by our own limitations. Our goal is to win state. Period. We are doing what we gotta do to see that goal through.

You obviously have a strong opinion of Murphy and our program which you have shared over and over in numerous forums. Nothing I say will change your opinion and noting you say can change mine. You bash us at every opportunity.

My opinions are based in what I see and hear both from Murphy himself and former players. I have given him credit where it is due, and that's in the form of being a offensive mind/coordinator. As a HC I don't see him as that based on his words, game plan, and lack of preparing all three phases of the game.

The changes we need to make are being made. We went to state 2 out of the 3 past seasons and lost. One by a fumble and the other by our own limitations. Our goal is to win state. Period. We are doing what we gotta do to see that goal through.

Give me a quality team those two state reps beat that would be considered a equal? And first appearance it was more than just a fumble that cost them. It was everything I have noted. Ego, special teams, lack of defensive adjustments, those all reflections of leadership. They followed that up by committing the same mistakes the following year, and where the only NorCal team to lose that season. And they lost to a LA League team.

If CVChs keeps the coaches intact for 10 years then I agree, same (and $17k less) reasons they can't challenge the machine.

FWIW, if the Cal High coaches knew all the ST rules (yes, special teams counts and it's rescued Sparta many a game with an imminent loss,) the onside kick game (2009, week 10) would've ended the 20 year reign 9 times out of ten.

Reactions: observer22
I still remember when you came up to Folsom. Mckenzie instantly injured. Not punting cost you a huge win on the road. I think the Ugly Eagles were in a little shock at first when they played a team that outuniformed and outturfed them. Lol

It's the important things in HS football that really matter.......lol

Last edited:
I was simply making a comment and didn't mean for this thread to blow up. Sorry if I made that mistake.

It's not blowing up. CVC is always going to be a charged topic by the nature of who they are, how the present themselves, and who the coach is. Anything that doesn't paint them in a glowing top ranked program in the nation will draw a reaction from the fan base. It is what it is with them, point to reality and they cry hater, etc......

It's probably unfair to state that the current coach won't ever get it done. As coaches and players, we mature and learn the important things, the small things that can win you a game. Respect your opponent and make decisions that put your players in the best position to win the game. Continually give away bad field position to very good teams and your team, your guys that you have implored to sacrifice their weekends, their summers will pay the price.

It's probably unfair to state that the current coach won't ever get it done. As coaches and players, we mature and learn the important things, the small things that can win you a game. Respect your opponent and make decisions that put your players in the best position to win the game. Continually give away bad field position to very good teams and your team, your guys that you have implored to sacrifice their weekends, their summers will pay the price.

Exactly. You can afford to do that when you play Mt. Diablo and Las Lomas every year

The beauty of football is that each new season brings an opportunity for a new chapter to be written. Such is life. Unfortunately for some people they can't get out of the past. Here's to the new season and new chapters. Salud!

10-0 first 11 weeks
10-1 after 13 weeks with a loss to De La Salle/Pitt/EBAL school

Remind me in 4 months

I can't wait until the day when CV beats the Green machine and this site breaks! Lol

I can't wait either. But have seen zero evidence the current formula is what is going to get it done. And the simple fact is while it might be unfair to say current coach won't get it done. (Whatever that means unfair) he is in what his 7th season now? No longer playing in the easiest bracket in Ca. Has proven year after year that in big games his teams are unprepared for the moment, and even when the kids seem to be playing up to the situation his play calling and ego have let the teams down. At its core the situation is broken. Yes they have talent, yes they will continue to attract talent. The problem is character, accountability, etc. they lack the most important aspects of the game. A program like that should be sending kids all over the country to play at next level, D1,D2,etc........the fact they send virtually nobody on should be a clear indicator there is a issue. Those state teams had exactly zero kids with offers. Last year they had a few kids with offers 1 being Raiders GM son another had to go to IMG to get his offers, and a few others drew interest until they got the transcripts. Throwing kids on the field without holding them accountable in the classroom does what? What message does that send to players and team? Beyond X's and O's there are issues that well are documented with Murphy lead programs from YV to Clovis to now CV. So to pretend like he will learn or change at this point with a admin that complaisant is sort of foolish. He has a great speech and message, problem is he that actions don't match the message and the kids/players see right through it.

I can't wait either. But have seen zero evidence the current formula is what is going to get it done. And the simple fact is while it might be unfair to say current coach won't get it done. (Whatever that means unfair) he is in what his 7th season now? No longer playing in the easiest bracket in Ca. Has proven year after year that in big games his teams are unprepared for the moment, and even when the kids seem to be playing up to the situation his play calling and ego have let the teams down. At its core the situation is broken. Yes they have talent, yes they will continue to attract talent. The problem is character, accountability, etc. they lack the most important aspects of the game. A program like that should be sending kids all over the country to play at next level, D1,D2,etc........the fact they send virtually nobody on should be a clear indicator there is a issue. Those state teams had exactly zero kids with offers. Last year they had a few kids with offers 1 being Raiders GM son another had to go to IMG to get his offers, and a few others drew interest until they got the transcripts. Throwing kids on the field without holding them accountable in the classroom does what? What message does that send to players and team? Beyond X's and O's there are issues that well are documented with Murphy lead programs from YV to Clovis to now CV. So to pretend like he will learn or change at this point with a admin that complaisant is sort of foolish. He has a great speech and message, problem is he that actions don't match the message and the kids/players see right through it.
I will give you this you are passionate about your dislike for this guy. So what coach at what NorCal school not named De La Salle do you think has what it takes to dethrone the champs?

I will give you this you are passionate about your dislike for this guy. So what coach at what NorCal school not named De La Salle do you think has what it takes to dethrone the champs?

I think there are plenty of teams that can get it done especially now that the transfer rules have changed. Not sure if these programs will ever meet up but I'm very interested to see what C. Taylor puts together at capitol Christian over next few years. I think when topic turns to CV though and beating DLS they have had their chances with all the same advantages DLS supposedly has. And the fact they are no closer than anybody else speaks for itself. It's not passionate in my dislike for Murphy it's calling it as I see it. Again I have posed the question many times and nobody answers it. Who has CV beat under Murphy where you think wow I didn't expect that. Or better yet what have you seen over last seven years that leads you to think they are moving in right direction? Learning from mistakes?

Yep. How dare us have goals and believe in ourselves. As you call it its arrogance and ego and pompous and on and on. We'll have something creative. We always do. Right?

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
Yep. How dare us have goals and believe in ourselves. As you call it its arrogance and ego and pompous and on and on. We'll have something creative. We always do.
And you'll have 0 points on the scoreboard and another loss to your losses column

Quality opponent record

Oakdale. 1-1

C.Newman 2-0

DLS. 0-2

Pitt. 0-1

Rev. 0-1

Mirmonte. 1-1

Folsom. 0-1

Monte vista. 1-0

Oak Grove. 1-0

Bonne. 0-1

Helix. 0-1

Campo. 1-0

Total. 7 - 9.

Under Murphy against quality CA teams that I could think of off top of my head. To be fair I might have forgotten somebody but I'm not far off. Notice team they beat were all lower level teams or public schools playing with neighborhood kids. In other words CVC had the DLS advantage, even with the advantage they register a losing record. Understanding the past makes it easy to make predictions on the future when it comes to sports. Murphy has his limitations it's run its course, a change is what's needed. A coach who both preaches the message and has the backbone to enforce it is what it will take.

You two are like tag team wrestling partners that wear those masks, 2 Nacho Libres feeding of each other's hatred for us. Like I said: new season. New chapter will be written. In the 5 seasons Murphy has been here he's made this program elite. It's only been 5 years. Murphy took over in 2012. The team was 6-5 the season prior. We are still ascending. You sure like to list the rare losses, take a look at this list of his accomplishments and chew this. http://www.coachtimmurphy.com/coachmurphy.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT