Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Kind of a light week, but here are a couple of scores to note:

San Ramon Valley (6-2) beat Oakland (4-7) 79-47

Pinole Valley (7-3) beat Bethel (3-5) 76-72

Newark Memorial (6-3) beat Castro Valley (4-5) 82-65

Clayton Valley Charter (7-1) beat Berkeley (2-4) 80-66

Mt. Eden (6-1) beat Amador Valley (4-2) 50-49

Gregori (11-0) beat East Union (8-5) 57-43. Senior Luke McClellan led three players in double figures with 15.

Franklin-Elk Grove (7-4) beat Folsom (5-3) 51-47. Junior Jaylen Wells led the Bulldogs with 11 points.

Rocklin (10-2) beat Antelope (7-3) 77-70

Kind of a light week, but here are a couple of scores to note:

San Ramon Valley (6-2) beat Oakland (4-7) 79-47

Pinole Valley (7-3) beat Bethel (3-5) 76-72

Newark Memorial (6-3) beat Castro Valley (4-5) 82-65

Clayton Valley Charter (7-1) beat Berkeley (2-4) 80-66

Mt. Eden (6-1) beat Amador Valley (4-2) 50-49

Gregori (11-0) beat East Union (8-5) 57-43. Senior Luke McClellan led three players in double figures with 15.

Franklin-Elk Grove (7-4) beat Folsom (5-3) 51-47. Junior Jaylen Wells led the Bulldogs with 11 points.

Rocklin (10-2) beat Antelope (7-3) 77-70
Coach Barbour doing a great job over at Mt.Eden.

I could be wrong but I don't believe coach
barbour is at mt Eden this season.

Tonight (12/18) we get Stuart Hall vs. Riordan in the Dungeon.

Game is at 6PM, I highly suggest anyone planning on going to arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes before. If you want a seat, probably have to get there 1 hour before. The gym is a smaller gym, and will be a really cool environment for City Basketball, regardless of the outcome!

Reactions: jordan24
Tonight (12/18) we get Stuart Hall vs. Riordan in the Dungeon.

Game is at 6PM, I highly suggest anyone planning on going to arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes before. If you want a seat, probably have to get there 1 hour before. The gym is a smaller gym, and will be a really cool environment for City Basketball, regardless of the outcome!

Smaller gym is an understatement.......

Reactions: ayalar09
Anyone catch the Stuart Hall-Riordan game @ the Dungeon tonight?

We got sheldon vs Riverdale Baptist tonight in the first round of the Tark classic. Score was 47-41 Sheldon before a stoppage.(xavion brown threw down a dunk that apparently popped out some bolts from the hoop fixture.) Trying to get an updated score now.

Reactions: jordan24
Stuart Hall played and excellent game, great game plan by Charlie. Riordan's talent won out in the end with a 13 point victory.

It was a fantastic game for both teams. The atmosphere in the gym was awesome, and both teams played a closely fought defensive battle, until a 10-0 run put Riordan up 8 and they never let go of the lead. Here are some mental notes I took from the game:

Mor Seck was just towering over our guys. I know earlier this year I said something like James Wiseman. I was wrong. He is still very raw and it is obvious watching him play. He had 6-8 points tonight, but IMO should have had a ton more. He probably got 10 rebounds just by walking into the gym. Told him after the game he needs to watch videos of Hakeem Olajuwon and try and emulate what he does.

Riny Riny had a solid game, and one of the most fantastic dunks at the end I have ever seen. One thing I noticed is he loves to shoot a 3 pointer. I don't understand why Riordan isn't playing him inside with Seck, and having the guards just feed those two. Watching Riny shoot 3's against Stuart Hall, made no sense to me. That was a game where he should have dominated the interior. Like Seck, still learning the game.

Bryce Monroe is unbelievable to watch in person. So fast, so quick, so smooth. You can tell he has worked extremely hard at his game, and actually I was really impressed with him on the defensive side of the ball. He plays hard nosed defense, and there are few flaws in his game, other than height (which obviously he cannot help). Overall, excited to see how he finishes his season with Riordan, and see how he does at Sam Houston St.

Jelani Clark probably was the player of the game. Had three monster dunks, and like Monroe, plays solid hard nosed defense. Nevada got themselves a good one, and with hard work, IMO he has a chance to be a NBA Draft pick one day.

Reactions: frencheezy
It was a fantastic game for both teams. The atmosphere in the gym was awesome, and both teams played a closely fought defensive battle, until a 10-0 run put Riordan up 8 and they never let go of the lead. Here are some mental notes I took from the game:

Mor Seck was just towering over our guys. I know earlier this year I said something like James Wiseman. I was wrong. He is still very raw and it is obvious watching him play. He had 6-8 points tonight, but IMO should have had a ton more. He probably got 10 rebounds just by walking into the gym. Told him after the game he needs to watch videos of Hakeem Olajuwon and try and emulate what he does.

Riny Riny had a solid game, and one of the most fantastic dunks at the end I have ever seen. One thing I noticed is he loves to shoot a 3 pointer. I don't understand why Riordan isn't playing him inside with Seck, and having the guards just feed those two. Watching Riny shoot 3's against Stuart Hall, made no sense to me. That was a game where he should have dominated the interior. Like Seck, still learning the game.

Bryce Monroe is unbelievable to watch in person. So fast, so quick, so smooth. You can tell he has worked extremely hard at his game, and actually I was really impressed with him on the defensive side of the ball. He plays hard nosed defense, and there are few flaws in his game, other than height (which obviously he cannot help). Overall, excited to see how he finishes his season with Riordan, and see how he does at Sam Houston St.

Jelani Clark probably was the player of the game. Had three monster dunks, and like Monroe, plays solid hard nosed defense. Nevada got themselves a good one, and with hard work, IMO he has a chance to be a NBA Draft pick one day.
that wiseman comparison tho......

Stuart Hall will be good. Solid. They play hard....Wiseman? Again. He is a taller Devon Harden. Look it up on YouTube...Devon HARDEN at Newark Memorial or Cal...And you ask about Rinny. He is a perimeter player. ALWAYS has been...That was a nice bball environment and a good game as the Dungeon was packed.

Reactions: ayalar09
Stuart Hall will be good. Solid. They play hard....Wiseman? Again. He is a taller Devon Harden. Look it up on YouTube...Devon HARDEN at Newark Memorial or Cal...And you ask about Rinny. He is a perimeter player. ALWAYS has been...That was a nice bball environment and a good game as the Dungeon was packed.
Mor, Chan, Toyo and Robert are more your post players. Riiny adds length and athleticism from a wing/sf spot. Nice to see him take it the hole strong as teams are looking for him to spot up on the 3.

Stuart Hall takes in too much revenue for their gym floor to be that slippery. That floor last night was dangerous.
I am very close to pulling the Makur Maker.

superle, remember.
DeVon Harden was super built. Extremly wide shoulders, strong body.
Here's wishing you great hoops

Stuart Hall takes in too much revenue for their gym floor to be that slippery. That floor last night was dangerous.
I am very close to pulling the Makur Maker.

I’ll put the rumors to bed right now....Yes it’s true.

Sirmopsalot the beloved Stuart Hall gym floor mop was suspended before the Riordan game for taking unnecessary benefits from a Stuart Hall booster. He’ll be back at the next game!

His college eligibility isn’t in jeopardy!

Reactions: Renard Monroe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT