ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Updates

57-53 Monterey, Arenas has an unofficial 34 points…. the stat computer has bitten the dust, so not sure.

Are the games only streamed on NFHS or also on cable? I can't find the games on my Hulu feed?

Time out Chatsworth…. Arenas has 41, but not getting a lot of help. 70-60, 46 seconds left.

I think only on NFHS…. Spectrum of SoCal has the TV rights tied up.

Which really, really sucks.

Reactions: SF_Mikey
Taj Unuakalu of Chatsworth has 18 boards, 9 blocks.

Arenas leaves with 41 points.

Collins has 22, the Roths 18 apiece for Monterey.. Arenas comes back in, nails a 3…. Joshua Roth with 19 now…

and Monterey wins 74 -66. Heck of a team performance!

That’s a mild upset. I think a lot of people thought 41 would be enough from Arenas to get a W.

Congrats to an 11 seed Monterey

Reactions: coachlittle
That’s a mild upset. I think a lot of people thought 41 would be enough from Arenas to get a W.

Congrats to an 11 seed Monterey
True story I forgot the tournament but it was either Forslund first or second year, Gilbert lit up Riordan but Riordan won.

D2 boys coming up…

29-5 Oakland Tech v 28-7 Centennial of Bakersfield.

Michael Lindsay’s 25 points lead Alemany to the first SoCal victory of the day.
D3 Was very Impressed with Santa Cruz player last name Hunter .

D1 McCoy has man strength as a sophomore . Like a mini lebron when he gets going down hill. He can bust through any help defenders plug. He is an entirely different player then he was last year as a freshman. Big difference 1 year can make !

25-21 O Tech…. They might as well shut the shotclocks off…. they’re just wasting electricity…. Fun to watch! 3:43 left in the half.

I’d say Start Up The Bus except I don’t think Tech is wired to ease back on the accelerator and preserve the win that way.

59-41 after 3 quarters…. Driver, you might wanna grab yer keys after all…

Whoa…. Looks like Centennial is raising the white flag, based on the subs they just sent in…. Still almost 7 minutes left.

They still have two starters in, so maybe they’ve put in their 3shooters.

Ardarius Grayson has 20 for Tech… Ahmed Gulaid has 16.

77-54, 1:30 left. O Tech nails down its first state title on its 3rd appearance in a title game.

Reactions: coachlittle
79-55 final, terrific performance!
Kiddman32, thanks for providing game updates the past few days!!! Not that I followed all the HS teams (b and g) but playoff time, your updates on games provided me a checkin on games and or updates of scores. Thanks again for your efforts.

Reactions: observer22
True story I forgot the tournament but it was either Forslund first or second year, Gilbert lit up Riordan but Riordan won.
Hey, Hey, Hey! He only scored 28 points (he was averaging 38) and we did indeed win by 5 at the Chaminade tournament in Dec 1998 (my 2nd season as head varsity coach). We went zone on 2 possessions and he drained 2 3's from beyond NBA range, so much for that experiment. Back to man and lots of help.

• Haha
Reactions: bella123
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT