ADVERTISEMENT

Del Oro and Windsor

ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2006
How does everyone see this game shaping up? Seems like it has potential. Del Oro has to travel again. Windsor got hammered by Freedom. Too not so happy teams trying to get on track. Potential for new players entering the offensive fold for Del Oro. That's an interesting game.

How does everyone see this game shaping up? Seems like it has potential. Del Oro has to travel again. Windsor got hammered by Freedom. Too not so happy teams trying to get on track. Potential for new players entering the offensive fold for Del Oro. That's an interesting game.
Del Oro. And Del Oro big. Never even heard of Windsor. South Bay?

42-6 Del Oro.... Halftime. Windsor is going to get blitzed. No reason to schedule Freedom and Del Oro back to back... try beating Carrillo for more than two years in a row then we can talk.

Stupid game. Does zero for either team. Windsor gets blitzed and DO has a long bus ride home after beating a bad team.

Reactions: northbayfb
Stupid game. Does zero for either team. Windsor gets blitzed and DO has a long bus ride home after beating a bad team.

Yeah, I recall hearing this game was set up due to a connection within one of the coaching staffs?? Wish Del Oro/Capital Christian would have opted to play again instead. Imagine how cool it would be to see Casey Taylor returning to Golden Eagle Stadium with his new program! Much more interesting and challenging than this.

I think I saw prediction for 42-6 at the half. I would agree, much like Laguna Creek 1st rnd SJS playoff tilt last season. Upside for Del Oro is heading toward offense dialed, good reps for both QBs, and Var game experience for the #3's etc. Alot of next man up in the SFL.

Reactions: coachlittle
I think I saw prediction for 42-6 at the half. I would agree, much like Laguna Creek 1st rnd SJS playoff tilt last season. Upside for Del Oro is heading toward offense dialed, good reps for both QBs, and Var game experience for the #3's etc. Alot of next man up in the SFL.
Teams out in the boonies like that just don't see teams like this (SFL caliber). It's going to be a deer in the headlights look after the 1st quarter lol

Windsor has had some recent success. Every couple of years they seem to be competitive in NCS Div II playoffs. They are in the NBL with Rancho and Cardinal Newman. They will not be in awe of Del Oro.

That being said, this is a school that has had a rough time keeping good coaches. Too much parent involvement and not a lot of backing from The administration. This is not one of their better teams and I agree with most of the other posts that DO will get an easy win.

Windsor has had some recent success. Every couple of years they seem to be competitive in NCS Div II playoffs. They are in the NBL with Rancho and Cardinal Newman. They will not be in awe of Del Oro.

That being said, this is a school that has had a rough time keeping good coaches. Too much parent involvement and not a lot of backing from The administration. This is not one of their better teams and I agree with most of the other posts that DO will get an easy win.
Disagree. They will be in awe.

The size, speed, and pure athleticism is something they just don't see in the sticks.

Del Oro. And Del Oro big. Never even heard of Windsor. South Bay?

You know where Windsor is, nice try to get a little disrespect in. Your hate of the Bay Area and the North Bay in general is comical.
DO will beat Windsor soundly this year. Windsor was in the NCS D II championship game last year and has a new HC in Ballatore who is a young guy who brings in experience, he was the Santa Rosa Jc OC for years. Windsor is a newish school in a one high school town full of young families, they could potentially be a perennial contender if the could keep a HC.

You know where Windsor is, nice try to get a little disrespect in. Your hate of the Bay Area and the North Bay in general is comical.
DO will beat Windsor soundly this year. Windsor was in the NCS D II championship game last year and has a new HC in Ballatore who is a young guy who brings in experience, he was the Santa Rosa Jc OC for years. Windsor is a newish school in a one high school town full of young families, they could potentially be a perennial contender if the could keep a HC.
No hate here. Just have never heard of Windsor. I just hope they make it out with minimal injuries. Good luck to you.

Agree NCS707. Windsor has some big country fed, corn eating, Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich eating, lemonade drinking and farm working bulls out there (jk). However, Windsor is a community that has a nice balance of talented kids in regards to size and athleticism. If they can find an experienced coach to hang around for a decade or so they would become a serious program and possibly a perennial power.

Yeah, I recall hearing this game was set up due to a connection within one of the coaching staffs?? Wish Del Oro/Capital Christian would have opted to play again instead. Imagine how cool it would be to see Casey Taylor returning to Golden Eagle Stadium with his new program! Much more interesting and challenging than this.
Not a lot I can add that you all have already stated. I'm a little bummed with this years pre-league scheduling with Windsor and MT.

Two aspects of DO football that DO has deviated from that has contributed to their success: 1) smashmouth run game and 2) tough pre-league scheduling.

My favorite year for pre-league was 2013:
James Logan
Norte Dame
DLS
Grant
St Mary's

DO played for state title in 2013 but lost. It's my conviction that tough pre-league and one of the better run teams with RB Kainrath prepared and netted them tough wins in playoffs over Elk Grove(DO 20, EG 19) and Serra(DO 28, Serra 20).

I get the game is changing but really miss their traditional strong run game.

I agree on the scheduling and the decline of the run game. Rule changes can have a major impact on the game. In 1976 the change allowing offensive linemen to extend their hands away from their body gave rise to the gradual growth of the passing game we see today. Before that a 100 yard passing effort was considered big!! Now 300 yard games are commonplace. The point I am making is that the tackling/targeting rules now in place appear to giving rise to "arm" tackling, which should be welcomed by running backs. I expect to see teams running the a bit more and with more success. The Del Oro passing game has potential, but I think their running game will serve them well at the moment.

I get the game is changing but really miss their traditional strong run game.

Always changing, yes. But you can still win with a run-first, smash mouth mentality. Everyone knows that DLS is still the gold standard for NorCal and are still a Nationally relevant, elite program. Last I looked, they still run the run-oriented veer offense and haven't changed to a spread or pass-first scheme.

And looking around the SJS and NorCal, many of the consistent winners do so in a somewhat similar fashion -- Bellarmine, Del Oro, Oakdale, Inderkum, Grant Union, Central Catholic, Escalon, Elk Grove, Vacaville, etc.

Fret not, smashmouth!

Last edited:
Always changing, yes. But you can still win with a run-first, smash mouth mentality. Everyone knows that DLS is still the gold standard for NorCal and are still a Nationally relevant, elite program. Last I looked, they still run the run-oriented veer offense and haven't changed to a spread or pass-first scheme.

And looking around the SJS and NorCal, many of the consistent winners do so in a somewhat similar fashion -- Bellarmine, Del Oro, Oakdale, Inderkum, Grant Union, Central Catholic, Escalon, Elk Grove, Vacaville, etc.

Fret not, smashmouth!
Past winners and programs. Landscape has changed in the SJS forever.

Windsor in awe of DO? bahahahahha. The played Freedom in week 1. The same team that was 11-2 last year with wins against Pitt and a close Norcal loss to St Mary's of Stockton. Do will seem like molasses compared to Freedom speed. DO is the least of any athletic team that that SFL has. They get great commitment and coaching year in and out but lets not get carried away with their athletes. Every year they get a guy or 2 to schools like UC Davis, Nevada, Sac State, and a couple years back had a kid go to Colorado. Windsor isn't going to beat DO but don't kid yourself that they will be in awe of DO. Hell, Rancho and Newman in their league are every bit as good as DO.

Rancho and Newman in their league are every bit as good as DO.

Lol c'mon Bob. Del Oro was the D2 Norcal champ last year and should have won the state title. The were the D2 state champ the year before! Nobody out there in the northern sticks even licks that kind of success.

Let's be real here.

Last edited:
I hope Windsor plays out of their minds and gives DO a scare. DO needs to be challenged before SFL play starts with Windsor and MT remaining.

The years DO played tough pre-league they lost a number of those games but they gained confidence, composure and accelerated exposure to weak areas that gave them more time to make adjustments before league and playoffs.

I believe DO has the pieces and coaching to compete this year but I don't have a solid pulse where they are and how far they may go. If They don't play well next two games that will be telling. If the play next two games dominately and beat Granite Bay then that will also be telling.

I don't try to rationalize or take for granted a traditionally successful program like DO will always have a successful year. DO fell on their faces 2008 with a 4-6 record and missed the playoffs. When is the last time that happened? I had to go to Rutherford stadium to get my playoff fix and watch Grant beat Granite Bay :)

Reactions: ThunderRam
When was the last time Windsor played a team the same (or close) caliber as Del Oro.... In 2009 when they played Inderkum... end result: Inderkum: 29, Windsor: 0.

Windsor is going to get beaten hard and given this past weeks contest against Freedom I dont see the point in playing Del Oro. Maybe they both needed a game. I'm honestly worried about players getting hurt in a contest that wont mean anything.

When was the last time Windsor played a team the same (or close) caliber as Del Oro.... In 2009 when they played Inderkum... end result: Inderkum: 29, Windsor: 0.

Windsor is going to get beaten hard and given this past weeks contest against Freedom I dont see the point in playing Del Oro. Maybe they both needed a game. I'm honestly worried about players getting hurt in a contest that wont mean anything.
Trust me, dem boys from Windsor will not lay down. They might not beat DO but they sure want go down like sissy's. If anything dem boys from DO better watch them ankles if they start showing out too much. Win with class and go home in one piece. Those farm boys don't do well with show offs. Try'em at your own risk.;)

17-0 DO after 1. This is going to be a boat race. And for the record windsor is not by any means farm country. Maybe Loomis... You must be joking.

More lopsided is Montgomery up 30-0 in 1st on Oakland HS. I guess Lillard didn't suit up.

17-0 DO after 1. This is going to be a boat race. And for the record windsor is not by any means farm country. Maybe Loomis... You must be joking.

More lopsided is Montgomery up 30-0 in 1st on Oakland HS. I guess Lillard didn't suit up.
I knew it.

In awe now Windsor!? Lol

Our good family friends are at this game. They said DO could have put 80 on this team. Pretty much ran out the clock the entire second half.

Bob33- are they in awe yet?

Just a bad game like I said. DO wins easily 46-13 and has a long trip home. Windsor for some reason has scheduling to fix for next year. How about not schedule teams that you have zero change against. Freedom and DO to start the season... WTF.

Windsor will be good in hoops though. 21 wins last year and return 75% of there offense. But not so much on the gridiron.

Just a bad game like I said. DO wins easily 46-13 and has a long trip home. Windsor for some reason has scheduling to fix for next year. How about not schedule teams that you have zero change against. Freedom and DO to start the season... WTF.

Windsor will be good in hoops though. 21 wins last year and return 75% of there offense. But not so much on the gridiron.

Agree. Not sure why these games happened. Same thing a few years ago they played Upland a year AFTER winning NCS?

Really a weird situation. Good clean town (it is cop land, a ton of Bay Area LE, Novato north) with money, strong community support, good feeer in Windsor Knights, new facilities etc. And one fvcked up school administraton who has run off some really good coaches (Davis, Gattrell) and has zero commitment to their sports programs. Every 3-4 years they have a really strong football, hoops or baseball team. Problem is it's every 3-4 years! And these games seem to be scheduled a year to late to even have a competitive game.

I agree. And Larry you know the difference in kids in these SFL schools versus these small towns. It's not worth it for a team like Windsor to schedule DO and get crushed. It's like a pro team playing a small NAIA college team. Stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT