ADVERTISEMENT

Del Oro gets DESTROYED on the 100th anniversay of Folsom/Homecoming Night

pastyfastquick3

Hall of Famer
Aug 26, 2019
What a night! Jam packed crowd, weather was amazing. It was the 100th anniversay of Folsom HS and homecoming night. There was a homecoming parade down Sutter St in the Histoic Dictrict this week. Fun night to be a Bulldog!

Del Oro came in undefeated with a ton of swagger. They nearly predicted a win on a local cable news interview. @RidgeRider stayed in the shadows all week, hoping for an explosion this morning. It will never happen.

Austin Mack was once part of the Del Oro program. He was told he wasn't good enough and would never start there. Look at him now. The ultimate middle finger! Love those stories.

Del Oro's HIGHLY touted offense struggled to move the ball all night and NEARLY put up a goose egg on the scoreboard. They got lucky on a Folsom turn over and were gifted decent field position and got lucky with one pass. Other than that, they were SMOKED on the lines all night. They simply couldn't match up with the Folsom athletes on either side of the ball. Rico Flores put on another show for the Del Oro faithful.

So far, @larry legend33 has predicted that Oak Ridge and Del Oro were the real deal. They have both been beaten by a combined score of 76-20. There should never be a doubt that Folsom STILL owns the Sierra Foothill League. Granite Bay and Rocklin are the next sacraificial lambs.

Reactions: ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL
What a night! Jam packed crowd, weather was amazing. It was the 100th anniversay of Folsom HS and homecoming night. There was a homecoming parade down Sutter St in the Histoic Dictrict this week. Fun night to be a Bulldog!

Del Oro came in undefeated with a ton of swagger. They nearly predicted a win on a local cable news interview. @RidgeRider stayed in the shadows all week, hoping for an explosion this morning. It will never happen.

Austin Mack was once part of the Del Oro program. He was told he wasn't good enough and would never start there. Look at him now. The ultimate middle finger! Love those stories.

Del Oro's HIGHLY touted offense struggled to move the ball all night and NEARLY put up a goose egg on the scoreboard. They got lucky on a Folsom turn over and were gifted decent field position and got lucky with one pass. Other than that, they were SMOKED on the lines all night. They simply couldn't match up with the Folsom athletes on either side of the ball. Rico Flores put on another show for the Del Oro faithful.

So far, @larry legend33 has predicted that Oak Ridge and Del Oro were the real deal. They have both been beaten by a combined score of 76-20. There should never be a doubt that Folsom STILL owns the Sierra Foothill League. Granite Bay and Rocklin are the next sacraificial lambs.
So with all due respect and I mean this. Does this mean the two best teams to have a shot at Folsom ain’t worth nothing and therefore the SFL may not be the best league in Nor Cal. Serious question. Serra beat you and DLS, and as always in the WCAL anything can happen on any given night. For example Mitty has been a shocker. Serra has allowed 7 points a game in league. You guys up a pathetic 12 and DLS 21. So to me the SFL is just another public school league with one dominant team and nobody close to them. That’s what makes the best league.

One team in the SFL outside of Folsom went up against a Bay Area team and got smashed. And that team has been smoked multiple times. So really, sounds to me like the SFL is overrated.

The way you and Larry talk, makes me seriously question the quality

So with all due respect and I mean this. Does this mean the two best teams to have a shot at Folsom ain’t worth nothing and therefore the SFL may not be the best league in Nor Cal. Serious question. Serra beat you and DLS, and as always in the WCAL anything can happen on any given night. For example Mitty has been a shocker. Serra has allowed 7 points a game in league. You guys up a pathetic 12 and DLS 21. So to me the SFL is just another public school league with one dominant team and nobody close to them. That’s what makes the best league.

One team in the SFL outside of Folsom went up against a Bay Area team and got smashed. And that team has been smoked multiple times. So really, sounds to me like the SFL is overrated.

SFL is the premier league in NorCal. The WCAL is a distant second.

The other SFL teams struggle against Folsom. Very similar to the DLS aura over other NorCal teams years bacj.

The Folsom aura in the SFL is real. The other kids in the other schools now buy in. The ghost of Folsom!

I have to agree!

It looks like outside of Folsom, and maybe Oak Ridge, the rest of the SFL teams are having a down year. Not saying they aren’t good, just not as good as prior years. Folsom has really zero competition in SFL though many anticipated there would be, except for Pasty (who knew Folsom would not be challenged). Maybe DLS, which Folsom barely beat, is having a down year, but the beatings Folsom is handing to Oak Ridge and Del Oro just means that there may be parity amongst these other SFL teams but far from the level of almighty Folsom this year, and again Folsom barely beat a not so good DLS team needing a last minute score aided by a huge penalty against DLS to get the win. Not impressed. 😉

I have to believe the WCAL is better than SFL this year. And outside of Folsom, the rest of the SFL probably isn’t any better than VOL or TCAL. Thinking that initial Rocklin loss to Turlock kinda confirms it. But, the verdict is still out. Looking forward to seeing how the teams in the SFL including Folsom do in the playoffs. Thinking none of the D2 teams from SFL will challenge Manteca and will be challenged vs Tracy and Downey. I even think Central Catholic will do better vs Folsom (if CC gets the 4th or 5th seed) than these SFL teams. Not saying CC will beat Folsom, only that CC should be able to compete with Folsom, just like they did vs Serra (the team that beat Folsom). Very much looking forward to the playoffs.

Reactions: THEOC89
I have to agree!

It looks like outside of Folsom, and maybe Oak Ridge, the rest of the SFL teams are having a down year. Not saying they aren’t good, just not as good as prior years. Folsom has really zero competition in SFL though many anticipated there would be, except for Pasty (who knew Folsom would not be challenged). Maybe DLS, which Folsom barely beat, is having a down year, but the beatings Folsom is handing to Oak Ridge and Del Oro just means that there may be parity amongst these other SFL teams but far from the level of almighty Folsom this year, and again Folsom barely beat a not so good DLS team needing a last minute score aided by a huge penalty against DLS to get the win. Not impressed. 😉

I have to believe the WCAL is better than SFL this year. And outside of Folsom, the rest of the SFL probably isn’t any better than VOL or TCAL. Thinking that initial Rocklin loss to Turlock kinda confirms it. But, the verdict is still out. Looking forward to seeing how the teams in the SFL including Folsom do in the playoffs. Thinking none of the D2 teams from SFL will challenge Manteca and will be challenged vs Tracy and Downey. I even think Central Catholic will do better vs Folsom (if CC gets the 4th or 5th seed) than these SFL teams. Not saying CC will beat Folsom, only that CC should be able to compete with Folsom, just like they did vs Serra (the team that beat Folsom). Very much looking forward to the playoffs.
1. Serra
2. Folsom

3. Everyone else.

I am impressed :)

• Haha
Reactions: bulldogmgc
1. Serra
2. Folsom

3. Everyone else.

I am impressed :)
3. Everyone else = SFL (weak Sauce Football League), it appears.

Can’t really put a number on team(s) Serra and Folsom haven’t played yet. But, be patient. We will find out soon. Until then, it’s okay for you to be scared. 😉

• Haha
The SFL is hands down the best league in norcal this year.
Wait until the playoffs and the team go into d1 and d2. They will all make noise (except Whitney). Pasty and I agree on this one. Folsom is just pulling away and is that much better than anybody else right now.

• Haha
Bringing the thread back on topic.

Where does DO go from here? This was their Super Bowl. They had planned for it.

Where do they go from here?

It is hilarious reading this. Folsom no doubt was the better team. Officiating was terrible, non processed balls called catches. 1st touching on punts missed, causing poor field position for Del Oro. Like I said Folsom wss the way better team lastnight. Del Oro did not come in with swagger and never came close to promising a victory. Mack was never told he was not good enough. Standard transfer, did not want to compete for the QB position at Del Oro so run to Folsom which most every one knows is a common theme in this area. It would be interesting to see how Folsom competed by playing local players in key positions, but that is not Folsom their talent comes from all over. Hats off to them though, they won with the talent they have and hopefully they complete in the open come playoffs so they can play other teams that match their talent. The SFL is a beast of a leauge and generally represents well in the playoffs. Yet Folsom owns the SFL, simple math there, they may as well be private the way they pull in players. Their was no luck in the only score Del Oro had, turnovers and field position are part of the game, Folsom enjoyed the same benefits in the game when it comes to the above mentioned.

Bringing the thread back on topic.

Where does DO go from here? This was their Super Bowl. They had planned for it.

Where do they go from here?
According to LL they are going to D2 in the playoffs. Sounds like Folsom is thumping there chests while beating down on D2 teams. Not a good look. Yes the SFL is a good league but it sounds like it’s a D2 league with a D1 team leading the pack. Way to go Folsom.

Agreed. And it's not even close.
Don't know Pasty. The toughest games Folsom has had were in the non league portion of the schedule. I always felt Folsom was AT LEAST two TDs better than anyone else in the SFL. That seems to be the case so far. Don't see it changing

Mack was never told he was not good enough
That is not true. I know for a fact that he was told he would never start there. So he left.
run to Folsom which most every one knows is a common theme in this area
So Folsom is just playing with a bunch of retreads from other SFLC schools that no one wanted? :)
It would be interesting to see how Folsom competed by playing local players in key positions, but that is not Folsom their talent comes from all over
Same with Del Oro. DO roster isn't exactly sprinkled with players that were born there in Loomis. It's 2022 man, some up with something newer than "your players weren't born here!" Look at other power schools in CA and get back to me! :)
Their was no luck in the only score Del Oro had, turnovers and field position are part of the game, Folsom enjoyed the same benefits in the game when it comes to the above mentioned.
Sounds like Folsom was lucky to win. Just played the field position game and pulled it out. :)

No mention of the COMPLETE DESTRUCTION on the lines up front. Pinnick looks like Lamar Jackson against all other SFL teams and doesn't put up anything against Folsom. Maybe you should have stuck with Mack! :)

According to LL they are going to D2 in the playoffs. Sounds like Folsom is thumping there chests while beating down on D2 teams. Not a good look. Yes the SFL is a good league but it sounds like it’s a D2 league with a D1 team leading the pack. Way to go Folsom.
Best league in NorCal :)

• Haha
The SFL is hands down the best league in norcal this year.
Wait until the playoffs and the team go into d1 and d2. They will all make noise (except Whitney). Pasty and I agree on this one. Folsom is just pulling away and is that much better than anybody else right now.
Hard to believe being a WCAL man for many years Larry. You have one team beating the snot out of people that you said had a chance and I respect your knowledge who had a chance. They haven’t had a chance. Sure our league many he down as well. But maybe the top SFL teams need to play some serious teams even out of state ones, to finally put the stamp saying we are the best. You pumped us Oak Ridge, you pumped up Del Oro, it wasn’t ever a game with either. So guess at the end of the day we will find out. But great leagues to me have parity. It seems like Folsom 1, the rest, a bunch of blow outs

Don't know Pasty. The toughest games Folsom has had were in the non league portion of the schedule. I always felt Folsom was AT LEAST two TDs better than anyone else in the SFL. That seems to be the case so far. Don't see it changing
Dunno- some people were saying that Folsom could have TWO SFL losses this year. They are no where to be found now. Excuses flying left and right. I am the only one that called them nuts lol

You pump this whole everyone is moving BS, and Folsom blows out the league but scored 12 on the Bay Areas best and won on a fourth and one against one of the most reputable teams ever. Then have the nerve to say how good the league is. Seems like the league needs more open enrollment

That is not true. I know for a fact that he was told he would never start there. So he left.

So Folsom is just playing with a bunch of retreads from other SFLC schools that no one wanted? :)

Same with Del Oro. DO roster isn't exactly sprinkled with players that were born there in Loomis. It's 2022 man, some up with something newer than "your players weren't born here!" Look at other power schools in CA and get back to me! :)

Sounds like Folsom was lucky to win. Just played the field position game and pulled it out. :)

No mention of the COMPLETE DESTRUCTION on the lines up front. Pinnick looks like Lamar Jackson against all other SFL teams and doesn't put up anything against Folsom. Maybe you should have stuck with Mack! :)
Did you not see how many times Mack was on his back, do not think the line for Folsom dominated at all. Again they were the better team but let's be honest.

Did you not see how many times Mack was on his back, do not think the line for Folsom dominated at all. Again they were the better team but let's be honest.
2022, Folsom has recruited for the last decade and probably before that. For the record, I know for a fact about Mack, hw was never told that. His brother plated there, Del Oro Coaches do not tell kids....hey you have no chance of starting or playing. 100% false claim and I know that to be 100$ true.

That's because of how good Folsom is.

Overall- SFL is the best league in NorCal. It isn't debatable.
And I only say this for one important reason. Because you keep pumping this everyone is moving. Well we have a few seasons in high school sports. Not one damn team from the SFL is playing in two big ass showcase basketball events that have been going on for years. So I am starting to think you need to get off your knees cause your blowing the game. MLK hosted by DLS 25 years now, nope. Nor the Nor Cal Tip Off. I am starting to love this, cause hate to hammer Larry, but it seems you and him blow up the SFL like it’s getting in par with the QPR world. It’s not even close, its laughable. Play with the big boys and beat them, until then Oak Ridge and Del Oro, LMAO. And don’t get it twisted much love to both those teams, but once again we have a public school power in a league of their own.

Last edited:
DO made some good adjustments and got to Mack a lot. Must have sacked him 5x last night. But when Mack had time it was too easy. I was disappointed with DO. They came with zero swagger. 100% agree.
DO will make a deep playoff run in D2. Could play for a SJS champ and possible bowl game. They will be just fine.
Folsom was just a different beast last night.

DO made some good adjustments and got to Mack a lot. Must have sacked him 5x last night. But when Mack had time it was too easy. I was disappointed with DO. They came with zero swagger. 100% agree.
DO will make a deep playoff run in D2. Could play for a SJS champ and possible bowl game. They will be just fine.
Folsom was just a different beast last night.
Folsom is a different beast every year in the SFL, who has beat them in the SFL in the past decade, GB once and Rocklin once? They have depth. Del Oro has many going both ways. Mack looked great with time, hard to D up all that speed playing cover zero when your Del Oros back half also play on O.

2022, Folsom has recruited for the last decade and probably before that. For the record, I know for a fact about Mack, hw was never told that. His brother plated there, Del Oro Coaches do not tell kids....hey you have no chance of starting or playing. 100% false claim and I know that to be 100$ true.
False. No one recruits. Kids and their parents want to go where they will be seen and win. Folsom gets is done, and the others do not. Plain and simple.

I do know that Mack is better than Pinnick. DO made their choice and it turned out to be wrong. No one to blame and no excuses to be had. They were dominated again. End of story.

And I only say this for one important reason. Because you keep pumping this everyone is moving. Well we have a few seasons in high school sports. Not one damn team from the SFL is playing in two big ass showcase basketball events that have been going on for years. So I am starting to think you need to get off your knees cause your blowing the game. MLK hosted by DLS 25 years now, nope. Nor the Nor Cal Tip Off. I am starting to love this, cause hate to hammer Larry, but it seems you and him blow up the SFL like it’s getting in par with the QPR world. It’s not even close, its laughable. Play with the big boys and beat them, until then Oak Ridge and Del Oro, LMAO. And don’t get it twisted much love to both those teams, but once again we have a public school power in a league of their own.
The SFL pulls their own weight in basketball every year. Look at what Folsom has done. They are competing for an open title nearly every year.

SFL rules!

False. No one recruits. Kids and their parents want to go where they will be seen and win. Folsom gets is done, and the others do not. Plain and simple.

I do know that Mack is better than Pinnick. DO made their choice and it turned out to be wrong. No one to blame and no excuses to be had. They were dominated again. End of story.
Lol, you keep telling yourself they do not recruit, you will be in the minority IMO. DO made no decision, Mack did not want to compete so he ran to the open arms of a school who embraces talent. Mack is good, hard to say who is better however. One has much more talent around him. I know Pinnick has escape ability and Mack does not. I would not say they dominated; they did what they should have done given the balance of talent and mainly speed.

I would not say they dominated; they did what they should have done given the balance of talent and mainly speed.
34-7 when DO nearly put up a goose egg on offense (1 token TD as a gimme) isn't domination!?

What planet are you on?

Folsom sells itself. There is zero need to recruit. There is a reason kids from the DO and OR area and opting into playing for Folsom. If you don't like it, get better.

34-7 when DO nearly put up a goose egg on offense (1 token TD as a gimme) isn't domination!?

What planet are you on?

Folsom sells itself. There is zero need to recruit. There is a reason kids from the DO and OR area and opting into playing for Folsom. If you don't like it, get better.
Who wouldn't want to play for a stacked team, my point exactly....34 - 7 would be domination on a level playing field which they are not. D1 school playing a D2 school thay by enrollment should be D3. Again, they did what they should have done. Who is surprised by the score? Token TD, lol if you were at the game you know of atleast 2 drop balls that went Folsoms way, one of which was a TD.

Who wouldn't want to play for a stacked team, my point exactly....34 - 7 would be domination on a level playing field which they are not. D1 school playing a D2 school thay by enrollment should be D3. Again, they did what they should have done. Who is surprised by the score? Token TD, lol if you were at the game you know of atleast 2 drop balls that went Folsoms way, one of which was a TD.
Not a level playing field?

Del Oro operates under the SAME EXACT RULES that Folsom does. In fact, if you want to transfer to Del Oro, you can via open enrollment (space available). The same as Folsom. Del Oro has transfers just like Folsom does. Most of Del Oro's roster was not born in Loomis, nor does anyone care if they were. Wholw argument is silly and just an excuse for a decade of losses.

Don't complain because parents are chosing something different or complain about dropped balls. Go out and win.

Most ironic thing of this- Austin Mack was a Del Oro kid. He was looked at as 2nd string at best. His family chose somewhere else and now he's got D1 offers galore. Don't hate on him. You could have kept him.

Not a level playing field?

Del Oro operates under the SAME EXACT RULES that Folsom does. In fact, if you want to transfer to Del Oro, you can via open enrollment (space available). The same as Folsom. Del Oro has transfers just like Folsom does. Most of Del Oro's roster was not born in Loomis, nor does anyone care if they were. Wholw argument is silly and just an excuse for a decade of losses.

Don't complain because parents are chosing something different or complain about dropped balls. Go out and win.

Most ironic thing of this- Austin Mack was a Del Oro kid. He was looked at as 2nd string at best. His family chose somewhere else and now he's got D1 offers galore. Don't hate on him. You could have kept him.
I could keep going back and forth but it will not change your opinion. We agree to disagree. Again, fact Mack was never designated a 2nd string player but you do have to earn first string. No one os complaining that thw parents made a decision it is just your reasoning is wrong. DO does not have the same options hard to transfer when you don't have a bank of apartment near the school. Again you are in the minority.

I could keep going back and forth but it will not change your opinion. We agree to disagree. Again, fact Mack was never designated a 2nd string player but you do have to earn first string. No one os complaining that thw parents made a decision it is just your reasoning is wrong. DO does not have the same options hard to transfer when you don't have a bank of apartment near the school. Again you are in the minority.
They do have the SAME EXACT transfer rules. Look it up. Del Oro gets transfers just like other schools.

Your argument is that DO doesn't get as many/quality transfers because it lacks apartments near the school? LOL. Thats the first time I've heard that one :)

DO and Folsom are public schools in the same exact league, operating under the same rules. People can try to muddy the water all they want and make it look like Folsom is operating under a different rule book. You find out the facts real quick when you simply look up athletic transfers to other SFL schools on the CIF site. SAME EXACT rules and process. :)

They do have the SAME EXACT transfer rules. Look it up. Del Oro gets transfers just like other schools.

Your argument is that DO doesn't get as many/quality transfers because it lacks apartments near the school? LOL. Thats the first time I've heard that one :)

DO and Folsom are public schools in the same exact league, operating under the same rules. People can try to muddy the water all they want and make it look like Folsom is operating under a different rule book. You find out the facts real quick when you simply look up athletic transfers to other SFL schools on the CIF site. SAME EXACT rules and process. :)
It is no doubt in your world Folsom is superior because they have zero advantage and are simply the playing with the same talent Being D1 or have a 3rd more students enrolled, having transfers live in apartments etc have nothing to do with it. I am stating all things that have been stated before to include the apartment situation. Nevertheless as originally mentioned Folsom is a very good team, hopefully they play in the open or continue to play a tougher schedule outside their leauge. They did that this year, we shall see what happens and where they go and who they play come playoff time. DO holds their own in the SFL with the lowest enrollment of any SFL school, more less a D3 enrollment school.

It is no doubt in your world Folsom is superior because they have zero advantage and are simply the playing with the same talent Being D1 or have a 3rd more students enrolled, having transfers live in apartments etc have nothing to do with it. I am stating all things that have been stated before to include the apartment situation. Nevertheless as originally mentioned Folsom is a very good team, hopefully they play in the open or continue to play a tougher schedule outside their leauge. They did that this year, we shall see what happens and where they go and who they play come playoff time. DO holds their own in the SFL with the lowest enrollment of any SFL school, more less a D3 enrollment school.
Sounds like all the other thousands of high schools in CA with apartments near should be much better! :)

Sounds like all the other thousands of high schools in CA with apartments near should be much better! :)
Depends if your good, transfers/parents follow thoae teams. Loomis is expensive housing wise, apartments are always more affordable so if you have them and your good, simple math.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT