ADVERTISEMENT

DeLaSalle/Bishop Gorman on ESPNU

I see Gorman lost to an off-brand Centennial out of Arizona. I accidentally watched some of the Centennial Arizona last game on YouTube thinking it was the California squad. Good team but I'm surprised they beat Gorman. The Spartans should handle Gorman.

I see Gorman lost to an off-brand Centennial out of Arizona. I accidentally watched some of the Centennial Arizona last game on YouTube thinking it was the California squad. Good team but I'm surprised they beat Gorman. The Spartans should handle Gorman.

Could this be the year that somebody other than Gorman takes the Nevada State Crown? They're ranked 85th Nationally with Liberty (Henderson, NV) being ranked 10th and Damonte Ranch (Reno, NV) being ranked 188th. They're likely have to get by the two of them to win State.

They're also both battle tested. Damonte Ranch is 3-0 having shut out Granite Bay and beaten both Rocklin and Spanish Springs.

Liberty is 1-2 having beaten a good Saguaro team and but lost to Lone Peak (Highland, UT). Their third loss was to IMG Academy who beat them 3-0. But FWIW they kept the game closer against IMG than Gorman versus Mater Dei.

This will be a close game. Don't let the shellacking by MD or the loss to Centennial AZ fool ya about BG. MD would do that to any team not named SJB or IMG. There might be a couple of others like SJC or STA that maybe can keep it close, but you get the idea. And speaking of STA, Centennial AZ handed them a shut out loss last year. That's two major programs that Centennial beaten in two years. They are no slouches. That said, BG is down this year, but DLS had better bring it if they wanna win this game. I think that they will.

28-14 DLS

Could this be the year that somebody other than Gorman takes the Nevada State Crown? They're ranked 85th Nationally with Liberty (Henderson, NV) being ranked 10th and Damonte Ranch (Reno, NV) being ranked 188th. They're likely have to get by the two of them to win State.

They're also both battle tested. Damonte Ranch is 3-0 having shut out Granite Bay and beaten both Rocklin and Spanish Springs.

Liberty is 1-2 having beaten a good Saguaro team and but lost to Lone Peak (Highland, UT). Their third loss was to IMG Academy who beat them 3-0. But FWIW they kept the game closer against IMG than Gorman versus Mater Dei.

I haven't seen Liberty but saw a little of Damonte. I think Gorman beats Damonte. Damonte has the QB to do it but not enough horses IMO. Damonte won their SFL games though so who knows.

This will be a close game. Don't let the shellacking by MD or the loss to Centennial AZ fool ya about BG. MD would do that to any team not named SJB or IMG. There might be a couple of others like SJC or STA that maybe can keep it close, but you get the idea. And speaking of STA, Centennial AZ handed them a shut out loss last year. That's two major programs that Centennial beaten in two years. They are no slouches. That said, BG is down this year, but DLS had better bring it if they wanna win this game. I think that they will.

28-14 DLS

Gorman didn't look that bad against MD. It was close at the half. Gorman did move the ball but MD hit a few home runs and it snowballed from there. I agree, Gorman is no slouch. I just think the DLS defense is going to be too much for them. I've watched at least a half of all of the big dogs in California less SJB and I'd put the DLS defense up there with or above anything I've seen. If they can generate any kind of scoring this years team is going to be tough to beat.

Gorman didn't look that bad against MD. It was close at the half. Gorman did move the ball but MD hit a few home runs and it snowballed from there. I agree, Gorman is no slouch. I just think the DLS defense is going to be too much for them. I've watched at least a half of all of the big dogs in California less SJB and I'd put the DLS defense up there with or above anything I've seen. If they can generate any kind of scoring this years team is going to be tough to beat.
Just noticed the DeLaSalle/Bishop Gorman game to be televised live on ESPNU Friday @ 7pm. Recording has been set!

Liberty could be a real threat. But I'm not sold on Damonte Ranch. Rocklin isn't very good this season but had a lead very late in that game. Granite Bay 's offense has been inconsistent the past couple years, but they've been looking better of late so that's a decent win.

We'll know more about Damonte tomorrow night. If they struggle with a down St. Mary's-Stockton like they did against Rocklin, I'd sell on them.

Reactions: SpartanzRule
I wish this were true. But there are no easy wins against Bishop Gorman. They may be down from the past few years, but that team still has about 10 future D1s in its roster. DLS will have to bring their A game to win
The all white uni’s are a nice touch.Cool look

Reactions: SpartanzRule
Tied 7 half.
deLa lets clock run out at midfield even tho Toto ripped a 50 TD score previous poss.

Spartans playin' cat & mouse with BG & running clock by 4th, DLS 42-14 Lol!! Still Folsom clearly best of the 3 teams.

Quick question- why are you monitoring this thread? Aren't you a MC guy? They have made quite the showing this year.

Why do you change your handles so much ? I’ll answer your question- I like football so I watch lots of football of all kinds and MC is terrible this year......now answer mine

It’s actually unbelievable how often he changes his handles. I wonder if he gets his account frozen/deleted by the admin, and then comes on with a different one. OR....if he is just cray-cray and decides to change it on his own. Either way, for someone so in love with his school, it’s sad how many people dislike a program simply because of him. Too bad, this Folsom team seems to get better each week. I also fully believe his over-involvement on this site (where he interjects FOLSOM into almost every thread) has gotten so out of control, that some people simply don’t visit/post as often because of him.

Chaminade ish ranked higher than BG ironically.

Chaminade would beat this awful bishop team. Just terrible. They'd finish 3rd in the SFL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT