ADVERTISEMENT

DeLaSalle/Bishop Gorman on ESPNU

Couple points to curtail this discussion:

Folsom and DLS played on the field this season. De La Salle won 14-0. That is an undisputed fact.

If Folsom and DLS played again in a NorCal game, you can make a reasonable argument that either team would win. I can make a case for either winning a rematch that won't happen.

If you want to continue with these posting of needling each other fan bases, take it somewhere else. Banter is good, but this is pointless.

Actually 6 times. They did mention how Folsom lost, were shut out and how their clemson recruit only had 1 catch
Did I mention 56 points in the 1st half against the #2 SJS team tonight. Folsom and that Clemsom recruit rollin like the #1 in norcal should!

Choo choo!

SJS way down this year, like the 5th best section in NorCal this year. Tough times but they'll be back.
I think there is just a huge gap between the top team and the rest, making it look worse than it it.

Del Oro and Oak Ridge are top 10 teams in all of NorCal.

Lol. These refs. Handing the game to BG.

Do you really think so? I could count at least six or more rolling starts by the DLS line, unless they have changed the rules. There used to be a second pause between down lineman and a snap. When did this change? Love the DLS culture and pride, but?

Here's wishing you great football

Reactions: norcalfootballfan2
I didn't get a chance to see the DLS-BG game and I wanted to read some insight about how it went. But instead just a bunch of childish trolling mixed in with a few tidbits. Despite Streak's plea(s) in multiple threads. Disappointing.

I didn't get a chance to see the DLS-BG game and I wanted to read some insight about how it went. But instead just a bunch of childish trolling mixed in with a few tidbits. Despite Streak's plea(s) in multiple threads. Disappointing.

It’s up on YouTube now...DLS played ok on offense...not sure why they’re not trying to use the r-back wheel routes/leak out routes or quick passes to tight end more especially since BG was stacking the box and their main goal on defense was to stop the dive...maybe even a reverse here and there since BG was over pursuing a lot. Their defense played well, just too many mistakes on BG 3rd scoring drive and they almost blew it on a BG last drive with poor tackling

Reactions: feedback1
OK. So I'd like to post a hot-off-the-presses example why I always say score comparisons are trash:

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final
St. John Bosco
21 21 7 7 56
Chaminade 0 6 14 0 20

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final
Folsom
28 28 7 7 70
Chaminade 0 21 7 6 34

Point differential at half in both games was +1 for SJB and even for the final score.
Aside from one person on this board, does anybody really believe Folsom is even with SJB?

While I think Folsom could play a competitive game with MD and SJB, I also think both teams would end up winning by a couple scores.
However, I think the prevailing opinion of this board (and the Nat'l board) is that DLS and Folsom would get boat-raced by both.

So I enter into evidence the exhibit above to demonstrate why score comparisons should always be disregarded.

Reactions: mrbig864
It has always been said that you can find a penalty on every play. It seems the refs in the DLS/BG game decided to interject themselves in the fourth quarter. How can a team so disciplined as DLS get called for such a barrage of penalties, especially when you could see the BG OL holding on just about every play in the fourth quarter.

I thought big nationally televised games were supposed to have really good refs.

I felt the refs were great. called it both ways.

i will add they they let go at least 5 rolling starts that were not called on dls scoring drives. but turned around and let some other stuff go

fair and fair

I went to the game last night It was such an Awesome time!!! I just finished watching it again while enjoying my left over Rocco's Pizza!!...

Here is what I saw-

I saw was a fantastic HSFB game with 2 National Powerhouse teams battling it our for respect and pride in what is the most important game to date in their seasons! BG needed this game for their Pride and national profile and DLS NEEDED this game MORE for their Pride and to show them selves they are a better team this year vs last year when they were blown out at The Bishop... A close loss would be of no consolation to these teams due to the level they aspire to play at... You could see that in the way DLS reacted after they won....

BG was easily the best team DLS played so far this season and DLS was well in control of that game in the 4th quarter, a combination of conservative play calling and and really terrible officiating made that game closer then it was.

DLS is a real Powerhouse this year and getting better... If #24 continues his impressive progress and keeps breaking more tackles and #20 keeps getting better like he is at running the veer, the offense will absolutely roll.... #11 on DLS is the best player in the state in my opinion... With what he brings to the table on both sides of the ball, no player is more impressive...

Even with the offense still finding their way, this is easily their best team since 2015, they will be a dangerous opponent for whoever wins the MD, Bosco, CC sweepstakes in so cal....

As far as BG, I was very impressed with them! There was size, speed and talent all over the field... My take on them is their coach looks like an absolute Maniac... He was in a constant state of "Roid Rage" screaming at the officials and everyone on his sidelines... It cant be fun for kids to be playing for that guy... He now has 5 losses in like his last 20 games there... Losses to great teams of course, but something is amiss at Gorman.... And will all of that talent on the field, it has to come down to coaching....

I think DLS has closed the gap! The open should be a Fun Game this year!

I went to the game last night It was such an Awesome time!!! I just finished watching it again while enjoying my left over Rocco's Pizza!!...

Here is what I saw-

I saw was a fantastic HSFB game with 2 National Powerhouse teams battling it our for respect and pride in what is the most important game to date in their seasons! BG needed this game for their Pride and national profile and DLS NEEDED this game MORE for their Pride and to show them selves they are a better team this year vs last year when they were blown out at The Bishop... A close loss would be of no consolation to these teams due to the level they aspire to play at... You could see that in the way DLS reacted after they won....

BG was easily the best team DLS played so far this season and DLS was well in control of that game in the 4th quarter, a combination of conservative play calling and and really terrible officiating made that game closer then it was.

DLS is a real Powerhouse this year and getting better... If #24 continues his impressive progress and keeps breaking more tackles and #20 keeps getting better like he is at running the veer, the offense will absolutely roll.... #11 on DLS is the best player in the state in my opinion... With what he brings to the table on both sides of the ball, no player is more impressive...

Even with the offense still finding their way, this is easily their best team since 2015, they will be a dangerous opponent for whoever wins the MD, Bosco, CC sweepstakes in so cal....

As far as BG, I was very impressed with them! There was size, speed and talent all over the field... My take on them is their coach looks like an absolute Maniac... He was in a constant state of "Roid Rage" screaming at the officials and everyone on his sidelines... It cant be fun for kids to be playing for that guy... He now has 5 losses in like his last 20 games there... Losses to great teams of course, but something is amiss at Gorman.... And will all of that talent on the field, it has to come down to coaching....

I think DLS has closed the gap! The open should be a Fun Game this year!

It was great to see you, PrepG, and Gridiron Godfather last night. Great take on this game and Sanchez. But I dunno dude....i think that gap is still fairly wide. But it’s smaller than the last couple of years for sure. I also had some good takes on the game and some relevant facts. Good facts. But my posts disappeared somehow. Seeya on the other side.

Reactions: THEOC89 and sarpar
It was great to see you, PrepG, and Gridiron Godfather last night. Great take on this game and Sanchez. But I dunno dude....i think that gap is still fairly wide. But it’s smaller than the last couple of years for sure. I also had some good takes on the game and some relevant facts. Good facts. But my posts disappeared somehow. Seeya on the other side.

That was so much fun Brother!..Especially Rocco's afterwards!!...:)

You know I am optimistic about this team! They really handled their business against a national power team!

They didn't let turnovers or bad calls derail their quest for victory! They really needed to win the most difficult game of their season so far and they delivered! That is the sign of a great team!

#11 is the best player in the state and if their offense can beat a great defense like BG, just think of what they will be doing by the time the NCS open playoffs come!

This year they will have a chance! I strongly believe this, they have some really good players on this team.... #20 and #24 hold they keys to their success on offense and those 2 players are really starting to show they are real offensive weapons!

I am sorry I missed your posts, you had some really great takes on the game last night, I think the readers of the board would enjoy... I had some of mine taken down last week as well... It is frustrating...

That was so much fun Brother!..Especially Rocco's afterwards!!...:)

You know I am optimistic about this team! They really handled their business against a national power team!

They didn't let turnovers or bad calls derail their quest for victory! They really needed to win the most difficult game of their season so far and they delivered! That is the sign of a great team!

#11 is the best player in the state and if their offense can beat a great defense like BG, just think of what they will be doing by the time the NCS open playoffs come!

This year they will have a chance! I strongly believe this, they have some really good players on this team.... #20 and #24 hold they keys to their success on offense and those 2 players are really starting to show they are real offensive weapons!

I am sorry I missed your posts, you had some really great takes on the game last night, I think the readers of the board would enjoy... I had some of mine taken down last week as well... It is frustrating...
Why would posts about the DLS VS BG game be taken down? Was there cursing or some other form of rule breaking? Sounds very odd.

Surprised on how down Bishop Gorman is from where they once were.

From a national powerhouse to decent local team.

Sad

Stop it man. Gorman will more than likely win a state title. Inderkum is a decent local team. San Ramon Valley is a decent local team. Terra Nova is a decent local team. Gorman is still a state power and very much relevant Nationally. Kenny Sanchez is no Tony Sanchez. But Gorman is still very good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT