ADVERTISEMENT

DLS vs. Matre Dei

Assembled, what does that mean? Hasn't DLS been "assembling" teams for years? On offense MD has one transfer, the rest of the team has been there since their collective freshmen year. On defense they have three starters, one out for the year, that transferred in and one of those came in as a sophomore. In fact, they start around 5 sophomores on defense. I get it, the "assembled" references are meant to portray the program in a negative light, but MD actually gets less transfers than many teams in the Southern Section.

Hmmm

“Assembled” implied what you inferred and defended

I don’t know the truth if the facts that you’re citing but can say that I’ve seen much higher numbers expressed without contention by socal supporters including Mater Dei guys

I wasn’t meaning to editorialize as that cat seems out of the bag

No issues @nascar624 these are just my opinions. I am unaware of their schedule next year but would love to see them against a "top" team. We all know how tough challenging scheduling can be, with just one or two spots open, if that, that will have to align with other teams. I hope it works out. Folsom should be the consensus #1 in NorCal going into next year. Go Norcal!
I understand that scheduling games is easier said than done, but it appears Folsom doesn't really try to schedule up either. I say that and will use Del Oro as an example, they seem to be able to schedule up every year and it's not only Del Oro, there are many other schools that seem to be able to schedule marquee games, so the fact Folsom hasn't leaves me wondering if they even try. I have said before that could just be their scheduling philosophy and we are just fans hoping to see better match-ups, but Folsom could care less about what we think and rightfully so.

Reactions: feedback1
IMPO Mater Dei will put 100 points on DLS at the CIF Open Division Championship game this Saturday in Sacramento. By Open Division championship standards, this DLS would get beat by all previous CIFOD teams they sent to state during the past. You can blame DLS coaching staff for he team lacking any semblance of a passing game. It is scary the offensive firepower that this Mater Dei team possesses. MD deserves to be ranked No 1 in the country. They could probably beat several college teams. On the other hand, Cal did beat Washington State 37-3 when they were ranked #6 in the country so anything is possible. There were six Wazoo turnovers in that game and Cal took advantage. Can we hope for that many turnovers at the CIFOD Championship?

Reactions: thekingera
Narbonne and Pittsburgh are playing for a supposed "state championship" while Corona Centennial demolished them both by a combined score of 115-27. LOL. No way Folsom beats any of the top So Cal teams. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.
Well, if Centennial is really that good they should have won all the way to represent the South in the CIF state finals this year. Just so happen that someone else is better!

Well, if Centennial is really that good they should have won all the way to represent the South in the CIF state finals this year. Just so happen that someone else is better!
You completely miss the point. The North sends their best teamS. The south sends their best team, then leaves out the next best 7-10 teams. So Folsom is probably playing the 15th best team in S. Cal. Narbonne is top 10, but they are City section.

Reactions: nascar624
lol this post is funny. For 30+ years DLS has been a class act with their student athletes. A few incidents in the past few years where the kids were dismissed almost immediately... Someone is just trying to troll DLS fans. DLS is a premier program nationally and always will be. They have down years and by down years I mean lose only 1-2 games and still make it to a state championship. this Paloma guy doesn't know what he is talking about. And as for Mater Dei I saw them live vs st. mary's and they are legit. but I never count DLS out of any game there is just something about what they teach there in that program that elevates all those kids levels of play. Now i have been critical of DLS recently because I believe they cant develop a quarterback to save their lives. Once DLS hires a quarterback coach I think they will be just fine.

I don’t necessarily disagree but QB coach they have had developed more D1 QBs than all but a handful of orogramsnover last 20+ years he’s been in position

IMPO Mater Dei will put 100 points on DLS at the CIF Open Division Championship game this Saturday in Sacramento. By Open Division championship standards, this DLS would get beat by all previous CIFOD teams they sent to state during the past. You can blame DLS coaching staff for he team lacking any semblance of a passing game. It is scary the offensive firepower that this Mater Dei team possesses. MD deserves to be ranked No 1 in the country. They could probably beat several college teams. On the other hand, Cal did beat Washington State 37-3 when they were ranked #6 in the country so anything is possible. There were six Wazoo turnovers in that game and Cal took advantage. Can we hope for that many turnovers at the CIFOD Championship?

This is not The worst team DLS has sent to state — for one thing, it’s pretty much last year’s team a year old and for another, this team > ‘06-‘08 IMHO. That said MD may be best socal team ever (or anywhere)

The Centennial program is that good. They have proven it every year. They have a winning record against Mater Dei and Bosco. I love watching those three teams battle it out every year for the Southern Section Championship. It's the best high school football in the country and its all within a 25 mile radius. You sound jealous and butthurt. I'm sorry if facts offend you. Centennial has also beaten DLS for a state championship...something Folsom cannot say. LOL. And we all know why. Anyhow, much respect for the DLS program. I hope Folsom plays a a top-tier program one day. Would live to see it happen. Win or lose they would gain more respect in the HS football community.

This is not The worst team DLS has sent to state — for one thing, it’s pretty much last year’s team a year old and for another, this team > ‘06-‘08 IMHO. That said MD may be best socal team ever (or anywhere)

06 they got stunned. Canyon had a back that went from no one knowing his name before the game to BYU after it. The next two years they ran into Burfict and company. 06 wasn't the best but they were legit the next two years.

I just looked at Calpreps and this MD team has the highest rating ever.

Reactions: concrete17
06 they got stunned. Canyon had a back that went from no one knowing his name before the game to BYU after it. The next two years they ran into Burfict and company. 06 wasn't the best but they were legit the next two years.

I just looked at Calpreps and this MD team has the highest rating ever.

To address your last point first, I put more stock than most in CP ratings, but wouldn’t compare ratings from year to year — there are teams outside of top 25s today that are rated higher than MNC teams a decade ago — can’t explain it just observe it

I started following DLS at the ‘08 SBG so am not that familiar with the ‘06-‘08 teams, but can say they had 1 FBS player among them — a 3* RB that was a career reserve at AZ and this year’s team probably matches that with Kairee Robison plus has 3 blue chip national recruits. There’s a clear advantage to this team based on recruiting rating talent — realize that’s not everything but the difference is marked

Agreed — CC could and did beat every socal team by similar margins except two — MD and SJB. CC won their quarterfinal game of the SSD1 playoffs (aka the top 8 teams in socal per most socal guys) by a larger margin than they beat a Pittsburg team playing without their QB (I believe I recall)

MD, SJB, and CC have as larger gap over rest of socal teams than DLS does over NorCal and teams like Folsom, Pittsburg, and Central can beat anyone in socal except big 3

The Centennial program is that good. They have proven it every year. They have a winning record against Mater Dei and Bosco. I love watching those three teams battle it out every year for the Southern Section Championship. It's the best high school football in the country and its all within a 25 mile radius. You sound jealous and butthurt. I'm sorry if facts offend you. Centennial has also beaten DLS for a state championship...something Folsom cannot say. LOL. And we all know why. Anyhow, much respect for the DLS program. I hope Folsom plays a a top-tier program one day. Would live to see it happen. Win or lose they would gain more respect in the HS football community.
Folsom is just as good as CC. Plus our SFL brethren are on the big stage tonight and CC is at home. Go NorCal!

You completely miss the point. The North sends their best teamS. The south sends their best team, then leaves out the next best 7-10 teams. So Folsom is probably playing the 15th best team in S. Cal. Narbonne is top 10, but they are City section.
Sounds good. But if Narbonne is top 10 and Folsom is 2-3 scores better than them, which I know they are, having seen both, Folsom is pretty damn Good! I just hope they don't crush my DO squad too bad next year! Go Norcal!

Then there's something wrong with how you select your best teams in the South. If your saying the 7-10 good teams can best match the North's best then those teams should be selected by the Southern committees. We don't care if its a City section or Southern or San Diego but whoever your commuter chooses shd be the best in the South. If Centen is the best where are you in the list? Nowhere, so don't push your own self selection because it just shows your bias.

Then there's something wrong with how you select your best teams in the South. If your saying the 7-10 good teams can best match the North's best then those teams should be selected by the Southern committees. We don't care if its a City section or Southern or San Diego but whoever your commuter chooses shd be the best in the South. If Centen is the best where are you in the list? Nowhere, so don't push your own self selection because it just shows your bias.
This has been mentioned many times. SoCal puts their best in the same section and since you have to win section to be eligible, of course alot of SoCal's best are left home. for whatever reason this is how the Southern Section places their teams. This is also why I feel any game past the Open is watered down. Even if NorCal is sending their second best, they definitely won't be facing SoCal's second best. On the flip side it evens the playing field a little as most years it would be no contest with the SoCal #2 and NorCal #2. Exception might have been 14 Folsom, but we will never know because of the current setup in SoCal.

This has been mentioned many times. SoCal puts their best in the same section and since you have to win section to be eligible, of course alot of SoCal's best are left home. for whatever reason this is how the Southern Section places their teams. This is also why I feel any game past the Open is watered down. Even if NorCal is sending their second best, they definitely won't be facing SoCal's second best. On the flip side it evens the playing field a little as most years it would be no contest with the SoCal #2 and NorCal #2. Exception might have been 14 Folsom, but we will never know because of the current setup in SoCal.
Socal needs to fix their system. I believe we addressed the flaws in our original system and are set up correctly. If they want to send their 2, 3, 4, 5, etc teams home, than that's on them.

Folsom could beat anyone outside of MD anyways. This year or next. Nobody is unbeatable. Go norcal!

Well the North has their Regionals to filter out the best intersectionally. The South should do the same kind of Regionals to bring out the best. If you say the best teams are actually in one section only, they gotta decide to disperse them. If they have a team that's uniquely like a weird Dela Salle situation in the North then they should be competing in a big Open division. Just curious, why aren't any really good team really singled out and given the stature like DLS in the south?

Well the North has their Regionals to filter out the best intersectionally. The South should do the same kind of Regionals to bring out the best. If you say the best teams are actually in one section only, they gotta decide to disperse them. If they have a team that's uniquely like a weird Dela Salle situation in the North then they should be competing in a big Open division. Just curious, why aren't any really good team really singled out and given the stature like DLS in the south?
The south does have the same regionals same as the North, only section winners get to play in them minus the 2 teams selected for the Open SBG. The million dollar question is why doesn't the south want their best teams spread in different sections in order to get their top teams into the bowl games? With the exception of MD and SJB, only one of them can go since they are in the same league, but CC used to be in a different section and so was MV, but because of their success they were moved into the Pac 5 which is the premier section and that is where the southern section wishes to place their best. Honestly it is too bad those other teams don't get to play in the SBG's, but that helps the North not get killed every year in the big games

Socal needs to fix their system

Folsom could beat anyone outside of MD anyways. Go norcal!

SoCal needs to fix their system - YES
Go Norcal - YES
Folsom could beat anyone outside of MD anyways - Highly debatable unless you have a magic crystal ball ;)

Reactions: sarpar

That's just it they did lose just like cough cough PITT! Only difference is socal doesn't have constellation prizes for losers. If they did let losers play on NorCal would rarely win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT