ADVERTISEMENT

DLS Vs San Leandro

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Really good game last night over in concord. I was a little disappointed with Keshed Johnson or maybe it was just DLS superb defense and strategy? Johnson had 2 pts in the first half and maybe 6 in the 2nd but was a total non factor. DLS put #42 a monster 6"5 fresh on him and he bothered him all night. Johnson is a great athlete but needs to work on his perimeter game at next level. Really not comfortable out to 3. He had opportunities to take those shots but is much more comfortable putting it on the floor. Defensively however he's elite. The tall PG on SL #1 played a great game. Don't know anything about him but he has game. DLS got a monster game from #30 there 6"7 big kid. He was impressive. Also #3 for DLS Gregarious is deceptive. He gets the basket at will. DLS has a good number of young players. Look for them to be one of the top teams in norcal for years to come.

I think DLS beats Logan for D1. They will dictate tempo and it will bother the Colts.

Reactions: 131Pressman
Really good game last night over in concord. I was a little disappointed with Keshed Johnson or maybe it was just DLS superb defense and strategy? Johnson had 2 pts in the first half and maybe 6 in the 2nd but was a total non factor. DLS put #42 a monster 6"5 fresh on him and he bothered him all night. Johnson is a great athlete but needs to work on his perimeter game at next level. Really not comfortable out to 3. He had opportunities to take those shots but is much more comfortable putting it on the floor. Defensively however he's elite. The tall PG on SL #1 played a great game. Don't know anything about him but he has game. DLS got a monster game from #30 there 6"7 big kid. He was impressive. Also #3 for DLS Gregarious is deceptive. He gets the basket at will. DLS has a good number of young players. Look for them to be one of the top teams in norcal for years to come.

I think DLS beats Logan for D1. They will dictate tempo and it will bother the Colts.
If you had watched Keyshad at all this season then you would know that what happened to him last night, happens every time they play a well coached team that plays team defense. #1 is Lawrence Long and yes he is really good. Played with Team Arsenal for AAU. Johnson is an elite off ball defender, but his on ball defense needs to improve. Also, he certainly needs to learn to play without the ball, as he does a lot of standing if he doesn't have it. Again, it helps if you are going to comment a lot about games, that you might actually know some of the kids and see a lot of games. DLS's frosh trio of Noah, Jeremiah and Chris are well known future risers to those of us in the basketball community. San Leandro is a really good team without Keshad. In fact, when they win, especially in big games it is normally the other guys who make the winning plays for them. Hopefully, they can figure out how to use the attention Johnson gets, to free up the other guys who are all really good and very athletic. This is the BEST time of year for basketball! Enjoy it folks!!!

Last edited:
SL Got down by 11 in 2nd half to DLS and you might as well be down 25. They had no urgency when that happened or real game plan to get back into it. DLS limits possessions and makes it near impossible to get back into a game. Typical over achieving DLS team. Not going to win any warmup contest but when the ball is tipped you better match there intensity or its going to be a long night. Not going to say Johnson is soft but when the game was on the line he wasn't anywhere to be found. (at least against DLS). Logan vs DLS should be a good one. I say DLS 58 and Logan 55.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT