ADVERTISEMENT

Dublin makes Sports Stars Cover

Trivalley

Sports Fanatic
Aug 13, 2013
Dublin is now 20-2. Is it possible they can meet and knock off Carondolet in NCS and make the open? If Dublin can upset Miramonte at home and then knock off Carondolet Maybe so.

Oh how I wish those two other super athletic freshman played hoops instead opting for varsity vollleyball and varsity soccer.

Dublin is not an open team....

They are good, better than most for sure, but a notch below the open quality team...IMO

even if they were to upset CLET in the NCS D2 section finals (and I think that matchup is a lock for the finals)...Dublin wouldn't get pulled up.

1st of all they wont qualify....

2nd.....are they on the level of SMS, Vanden, Mitty, Pinewood, SI?

and Salesian and Brookside are ahead of them also in the open pecking order based on the history of their programs..

I think even if CLET were to lose in the NCS final to Dublin, I think CLET would still get pulled up.

And I think Miramonte is an open lock...even if Dublin beats them in league...

there are only so many spots in the open.... 6? 8? and I think plenty of potential teams to fill it out.

Dublin wont be one..... and honestly for the Dublin fans...that's a good thing!!!!

suffice to say....win or lose the NCS D2 section...Dublin will get a top seed in the norcals... They should have a legit shot of making a deep run......enjoy a shot at a D2 state title!!! :) rather than having your season end early and losing in the open.

C-Let is a very good but they will need a huge effort to match Moses' potential output. Miramonte couldnot stop her, neither will C-Let.

TriValley, I love your passion for Dublin and infatuation with Moses. Based upon what I read, it seems justified. However, I would encourage you to do some research, before you claim C-let will not be able to defend Moses. They have contained some well recognized players this season, including Asia Robertson, 7 points, in their Foundation game.

As far as my research goes, I can only find one common opponent, Foothill. Dublin beat them by 5 or 6 points in the WCJ, and C-let beat Foothill by about 50 last night.

Lots of wise heads seem to think its a foregone conclusion that they meet up in the NCS playoffs. I hope that holds true.

We shall see...

Barring any mental collapses or any Jeremy Lin out of body performances they both should make the finals.

Moses is too fit and quick for anyone to guard. You need a team of multiple QUICK athletes and C-let does not have that. Moses has the 6th gear hence the reason why she was recruited as a D1 soccer forward by San Diego State.

IMO the game will be tight in the first half but C-let should be able to pull away in the 4th quarter. But I'm always pulling for the upset

TriValley, Moses sounds amazing. However, if Dublin and Carondelet should cross paths in the NCS, Moses will encounter a D-1 committed point guard and two other Carondelet seniors who have offers to play basketball at the next level. In my opinion, it will a bit more challenging than you suggest. These girls can play. Ask Mitty.

It's going to be a challenge for sure. Someone other than Moses will have to step up for them to pull the upset.

Carondelet should win NCS Division 2 with easy because they are the only true team in their division. But the winners of D3 and D4 in the NCS would win D1 or D2 NCS championship. D3 MM vs BOD are 2 good top teams and D4 has 3 teams this year that are real good Salesian, SMB, and Newman. Carondelet wont be challenge until the open because D2 is nothing like D3 and D4 this year!!!!!!!!

I don't think you can overlook Piedmont in D4 either....they have 2 excellent guards and their bigs aren't bad.

I think they are capable of beating anybody in D4 on a given night....

With the way things are shaping up its looking more and more like Piedmont will get the 4 seed matching them up with the
probable 1 seed Salesian in the 3rd rd....

I saw Piedmont play Salesian on MLK day at Marin catholic and Piedmont gave Salesian everything they could handle that day.

Its not out of the question Piedmont could win that matchup.

I'm glad no one is talking about Antelope at 21 & 1. I would NOT like to see Antelope in the open division because they are young but it would be a great way for Dublin to avoid Antelope as they cry their way into the open division.

Be careful what you ASK for.

Dublin wont be in the open because they have because they haven't beaten anyone in the top 16 in NCP ranking. Not a chance of going to the open. Antelope is one of those young teams that's has been battle test already can real call them young with all them AAU players on their team. The future is bright for them now and later don't sleep on this team they will shoot your lights out.

Lets talk about then open when some people are talking about only sending 6 to the open. If they do SMS will run straight to the state game. They will be the only team with speed at the guard position with shutdown the slow guards that can get away from their press. But if the send 8 I think the 7 and 8 seat better chance of winning because on the matchups and both teams aren't scared to play anyone. Salesian has great speed at the guard positions to break the press and probably give fits like SMS to the other guards even though MITTY beat them. Brookside has a guard that can breakdown a press with get vision of the court. They are the only team that plays inside out because the big inside but people think big is slow. Brookside is big a quick and very physical team with a great point guard that can run the show.

C-let has stumbled a few times this season, but there is no way Dublin would keep it close. Where is even one "quality win" this season? And Moses, for all her athleticism, is not a shooter. Attempted very few three pointers this season, and a 50% free throw percentage. If it's those two teams in the NCS D2 final, C-let wins by at least 20.

C-Let was in a close one with lowly San Ramon Valley. True on Moses, She's a driving distributor that makes lay ups.
The supporting cast must shoot better from the perimeter to,beat C-let. In a one game series that is possible. Moses will have her way driving to the basket. There's not one kid on that team fast enough to keep up with her driving to the basket. The kid that was fast enough is now running track.

Trivalley -

Miramonte plays Dublin again this week. Do you think Milan will go for 30 + again?

I do not. No way Sopak allows her to score that many points. They will force her give the ball up and allow other players to beat them. Moses will need an out of body experience to score 37 again. Dublin will pack a huge raucous crowd so the gam will be really fun to watch. I see Miramonte winning but a smaller margin than before.

Dublin will pack a huge crowd? You do know they play in the DFAL and now in the second half of the season, they play at 7pm after the boys varsity game? Gyms almost all clear out after the boys game is over and this will be no different when they play Miramonte. Miramonte dominated in the 2nd half the last time these two teams played and I see another double digit victory for the Mats.

Miramonte killing Dublin 90-54.
Dublin looks gassed and can't guard Ionescu. It's a clinic.
This post was edited on 2/12 8:44 PM by Trivalley

This game was overrated at most Dublin was no match for MM. MM is like most the good teams in a leagues that not that good. MM vs BOD is the game to see hopeful in the NCS D3 championship. This game wont be overrated because it will be a great one since Asha Thomas is back for BOD trying to redeem their title that MM won by DEFAULT because BOD scrimmage was counted as a game.

Definitely a jinx. The cover definitely got tho their heads and they suffered an embarassing beat down at home.

What stood out to me the most was how horrible Dublin's fitness was compared to MM. I saw a lot of lay ups due to people walking back on D. It got to a point they weren't contesting anything!!!!

At best Dublin makes the NCS finals and loses to Carondlet. They could move deep in D2 playoffs if some good D2 teams get pushed to the open however.

Originally posted by ballersdreams:

This game was overrated at most Dublin was no match for MM. MM is like most the good teams in a leagues that not that good. MM vs BOD is the game to see hopeful in the NCS D3 championship. This game wont be overrated because it will be a great one since Asha Thomas is back for BOD trying to redeem their title that MM won by DEFAULT because BOD scrimmage was counted as a game.
There is absolutely no evidence that BOD had a scrimmage counted as a game. They played 27 games last year ... that is, they had officials, kept score and charged admission for 27 games. There was no confusion in that regard, just in counting how many there were.

Dublin's fitness was bad? I thought they had a D1 soccer player that Miramonte would not be able to keep up with, what happened? Was it the fact that they played on a court and not on the pitch?

It wasn't Moses. She's in top shape, but Sabrina's supporting cast is in much better shape than hers. The Mats are just a better team. Decent crowd with Senior night as many fans stuck around after the boys game, at least for the first half. Dublin should do well in the D2 playoffs but won't get past Carondelet at NCS.

winetot

Come on Moses is a D1 soccer and basketball is her second sport what do u expect. Is this the biggest league game for MM that's why all the talk. The league their are in is pretty weak just like most leagues to top teams. The Norcalprep bored been expect on Saturday when some good out league games are being played like today BOD VS SMS in Stockton. The CCS has a good league too West Catholic league. NCS should put a power league too with

1) MM
2) Carondelet
3) BOD
4) Salesian
5) SMB
6) Cardinal Newman
7) Clayton Valley
8) Valley Christian (Dublin)

That would be a nice league to watch with automatic berth to their rightful Division.

The SJS need to do the same

1) SMS
2) Brookside Christian
3) McClatchy
4) Sac High
5) Bradshaw Christian
6) Modesto Christian
7) Vanden
8) St. France (SAC)
That would be another nice league to watch with automatic berth to their rightful Division

I think all the teams wont mind these teams playing each other the beating up on their league. This would be for only Girls basketball teams league they other sports would stay in their league. These leagues would be nice so during the preseason so they can play teams in other sections.

The only problem with those kinds of leagues is the variation in talent every year. Valley Christian of Dublin is a great example: The Vikings have five really good players, and then there's a significant dropoff -- of those five, four are seniors, so next year, they will be an ordinary D5 team with one exceptional talent (Nina Bessolo).

If there was a committee at the start of each year that kept track of such things, and transfers and coaching changes, and then set the leagues, it would be great. But then most leagues set their schedules in April, and then teams start filling in the rest, so it would be a complex process -- and since we often don't know where elite talents will land until the first day of school, it would be complicated.

I wish there was a way to work it, though, and do it for every sport.

Not only that, but the leagues are usually setup for all boys and girls sports, not just Girls basketball. So here in CCS, it would be awesome if Pinewood could be in the WCAL -- their girls basketball teams are consistently good. But not so much for the other sports, which would take a beating more often than not. For that reason, and what Clay mentioned, the "power" leagues usually don't work out.

NorCalScout, you were right, the crowd was nothing short of disappointing and even worse then the crowd was the play of Dublin. Miramonte proved and showed why Dublin is far behind them and not even close to being an elite team like the Mats. The Gaels were lost and not even running any kind of offense and it looked like everyone was on there own agenda and play very selfishly.

Miramonte has made a lot of teams look bad, and I don't think it's fair to judge the Dublin girls by their performance in this game.

For whatever reason, they didn't schedule a lot of elite teams, and so the adjustment to a team like Miramonte is a tough one.

And they still can do a lot with the rest of their season ...

I think a young and improving Campolindo team has a great shot at knocking off a strong Dublin team. At the very least,they will play them tough tonight!!

Possible. Dublin finally has Warlich back, may help their 3pt shooting and give a little more depth to their bench. They certainly are not in Miramonte's league but I give them a shot as making some noise in NCS/CIF D2.

Campo has Van Dyke the Freshman who will be a good one when she's a junior/senior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT