ADVERTISEMENT

Dublin vs. Carondolet

Trivalley

Sports Fanatic
Aug 13, 2013
People are already writing The Big C in to the open divsion. I don't think Dublin will go down without a fight.
This is Dublin's best chance in years to pull the upset. Carrington, Moses, Amante and Warlich are all seniors and have been under Wainwright since freshman. DHS for the next 4 years looks like a bad team with its current returners and jv prospects so the time is now to try to win.

Trivalley,

I would definitely expect Dublin to give it their best. But I'm not sure Carondelet will be focused on anything less than winning the game for their four seniors too. It should be a good game. And…….

Bishop Odowd vs Miramonte is going to be an awesome opening act.

Paytc

BOD vs Miramonte is the game of the day IMO...should be a barnburner!!!

Clet will win. ...rather easily.....I'll guess by 22 pts......... TRIVALLEY are you trying to convince us or yourself on their chances of an upset?...lol

Pulling for an upset. We have seen them before in the NCAA tournament. In a series, C let wins the series but in one game who knows?

I'm hearing Dublin took down C-Let 57-55!!!!!!

This post was edited on 3/7 7:53 PM by Trivalley

This post was edited on 3/7 7:56 PM by Trivalley

yup. so selection and seeding in the Open beyond 1 and 2 is on spin cycle. congrats to Dublin!!!

I called it 25 points in favor of C-let so shows what I know. Dublin did a tremendous job on the boards and attacking the basket. A good overall group effort. C-let's Katie Rathbun was awesome with 24 points (including 6 three pointers) but no one else had much going on. Seemed like C-let couldn't adjust to the facts that (1) their 2-2-1 zone press was creating layups and fouls, and very few steals, and (2) Moses releases to half court on just about every defensive rebound.

and still be NCS DII champs. every team left standing now, unless they are one of seven state champs, will lose their last game. that includes a lot of good teams.

This post was edited on 3/7 9:18 PM by mkbgdns

Dublin went 26-3 on the year. They had two loses to MM and one to Fairfax form Los Angeles.

Dublin's best year ever and it's not done. Depending on their draw they could make it all the way to the D2 CIF finals.

Trivalley,

Dublin pulled it off ! Congratulations to their team. Congratulations to Miramonte in their big win over a good Bishop Odowd team. Congratulations to the Bishop Odowd boys team for handling their business too.

Bring on some more basketball that was a good sampler platter with both girls and boys games.

Paytc

Dublin's first NCS Basketball Championship in 27 years!!!

The Class of 2015 that started together on varsity as freshman has led the way.
This post was edited on 3/8 1:33 PM by Trivalley

Good job Dublin I watch the game that let me know how good Carondelet real is. D2 State will be very interesting Mitty or Modesto Christian will be the number 1 seed if the don't get pulled up Modesto to the Open.

D2 teams to the Norcal: Dublin, MC, Carondelet, Kimball, Antelope, St Francis(Mt View), and Presentation

TEAM_AR,

That proves my point that any good team can beat another good team. Actually Carondelet did not play or look like a good team for the most part. Outside of the outstanding performance displayed by Katie Rathbun.

But that is not to take anything away from Dublin because they came prepared to play. I can't congratulate them enough !

Paytc

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/eCEc33rZ5Ue1RwpaFz1Lyg/dublin-shocks-nationally-ranked-carondelet-in-ncs-division-ii-girls-finals.htm

All people are saying about Carondelet prove how good they are by winning D2 State championship. If Carondelet when that happens great but it they don't that mean the belong in their division and the was living off history Ranking. They have a chance lets see what happens ??????????????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT