ADVERTISEMENT

East back out against DLS

Funny- no one ever said that. If So, please quote whoever did.

Folsom, their fans, and people on this board had nothing to do with their ranking. As I tell everyone who disagrees or makes accusations, there are outlets. You can call the ranking makers and argue your case. You can call the CIF if you think somethin is wrong. But to keep coming on here and slinging the same old "they haven't played anyone, haven't earned anything" BS is just getting old. Anyone who has watched the program knows how wrong that is.

If you weren't a regular like all of us and maybe a new 3rd party, you would think Folsom is some third rate loser program. If you didnt know better and just read these forums. Unbelievable.

Time to move on.

On other note- it sounds like someone is nervous about this game. I am excited!
Folsom, and there fans live behind that ranking. That’s why a Folsom fan posted it. I don’t have a problem with it. Go ahead and throw that ranking out on the field 8/17 and see what it gets you. All I asked was a simple question. And everyone is so butt hurt that it proves my point. I absolutely do not think Folsom is a loser program.

Why they are even scheduling BOD is a better question, much less requiring they travel to OO 2 years in a row. I’m sure BOD feels it is worth it in order to be able to challenge their squad against the green machine.
My guess is because they’re losing kids to BOD.

Losing kids= BVAL residents driving past BVAL schools and DLS to get to Bishop O’Dowd.

And no, I’m not going to say which ones so spare me the “oh ya prove it. Who lives in Antioch and goes to Bishop O’Dowd” comment.

I’m not going to argue with you. But when it comes to DLS you could not be more wrong. I know you hate DLS. That’s fine. I know first hand You will not find one DLS coach that wants those byes. NOT one. I have work with the NCS to try and change certain things. They don’t just change things. So on this subject you have no clue what your talking about.
Agree. I also know first hand that De La Salle is trying to eliminate the byes during playoffs. They want games. Too hard to justify $17,000 a year tuition, play only 13 games as opposed to the previous 15 games a year, and get stomped by SoCal teams in the Open. A lot of parents feeling short changed in that scenario.

Whoops! I mean so they can stay in rhythm at the end of the year....

East has decided to back of its game with DLS this year. I have no idea why. I’m told they will possibly play Buchanan.

The quotes @44 from a journalist proving it was deLA scratching the game is the opposite of the OPs claim, despite the false narrative. Dela claiming “we couldn’t afford the travel,” is weak.

And FYI, it’ll post again, I’m not a Folsom fan. Sheesh.

Last edited:
Folsom, and there fans live behind that ranking. That’s why a Folsom fan posted it. I don’t have a problem with it. Go ahead and throw that ranking out on the field 8/17 and see what it gets you. All I asked was a simple question. And everyone is so butt hurt that it proves my point. I absolutely do not think Folsom is a loser program.
I have come to grips with it. I really believe one guy is about 5 log ins. Notice the people who respond are extremely new. This person will respond as if others are commenting but in the long run they all say the same thing.....I have decided to quit responding to the same person and any newbie account......Folsom guys like Feed and Awood are legit....the rest...a grain of salt...

My guess is because they’re losing kids to BOD.

Losing kids= BVAL residents driving past BVAL schools and DLS to get to Bishop O’Dowd.

And no, I’m not going to say which ones so spare me the “oh ya prove it. Who lives in Antioch and goes to Bishop O’Dowd” comment.
Oh ya don’t prove it. Because you can’t. And nobody really cares. Have you ever been to BOD. Real nice place to be from.

The quotes @44 from a journalist proving it was deLA scratching the game is the opposite of the OPs claim.

And FYI, it’ll post again, I’m not a Folsom fan. Sheesh.
What the hell did you read . East backed out. That’s a fact. That’s a Folsom fan for you.

Oh ya don’t prove it. Because you can’t. And nobody really cares. Have you ever been to BOD. Real nice place to be from.

Nothing needs to be proved. I don't see why it even matters if kids in East County drive past BVAL schools and DLS on their way to BOD. There is nothing requiring kids to go to the nearest private school. BOD is a good school and has some good sports programs, but they are just not anywhere close to being able to compete with DLS on the field. BOD should be playing against the top BVAL and EBAL teams and showing success before they play DLS.

And DLS scheduling a team BOD at home is like having a bye week for them.

What the hell did you read . East backed out. That’s a fact. That’s a Folsom fan for you.

Was East promising to pay DLS' airfare to Utah? The article quotes Alumbaugh as saying "the prices were going through the roof" and "we can't afford this". That doesn't sound like East backing out. It sounds like DLS misjudging their original commitment for a home and home.

All I know is on 8/17 Folsom and DLS will play like it or not. All the other stuff is just BS. So bring your ranking. I don’t want to hear, I left my ranking at home or the dog ate my ranking.
Your posts seem to sting a lot of anger. Leave the ranking alone. It sound like you don't think Folsom has a chance. In recent years I can't think of a team in NoCal that has a better chance. It looks to me like you have about 5 Folsom fans all over you. All of you need to CALM down. I don't think this is what this forum is for.

Reactions: awood1
All I know is on 8/17 Folsom and DLS will play like it or not. All the other stuff is just BS. So bring your ranking. I don’t want to hear, I left my ranking at home or the dog ate my ranking.
Good. And we don't want to hear anything about it being early in the season or any of the sort after the game.

Game on.

Reactions: awood1
I can’t argue with someone who can’t read.

There is nothing in that article that even hints at East backing out of the commitment. You may have been told something by the coaching staff, but the title of this thread has lost credibility. If you want to say the game was cancelled, that is one thing, but to pin it on East for backing out like they were scared to host DLS after beating them last season is disingenuous. And that is the local paper's version. No telling what the East coaches are whispering in people's ears as to what they heard.

Reactions: 13 others and 1315
There is nothing in that article that even hints at East backing out of the commitment. You may have been told something by the coaching staff, but the title of this thread has lost credibility. If you want to say the game was cancelled, that is one thing, but to pin it on East for backing out like they were scared to host DLS after beating them last season is disingenuous. And that is the local paper's version. No telling what the East coaches are whispering in people's ears as to what they heard.
Not local.

I have heard that East was supposed to be loaded on the lines next year - and that they play physical (a little 'thug-ish' was the quote).

I seem to remember lots of DLS supporters on here screaming that travel costs were irrelevant when I pointed out that public high schools teams don't want to fund raise to travel in the pre-season.

Reactions: thekingera and 1315
I have come to grips with it. I really believe one guy is about 5 log ins. Notice the people who respond are extremely new. This person will respond as if others are commenting but in the long run they all say the same thing.....I have decided to quit responding to the same person and any newbie account......Folsom guys like Feed and Awood are legit....the rest...a grain of salt...

Ah c'mon, you're making me blush. HAHA I am sure that I have said some pretty homer $hit over the years, but I would write it off as proud parent / coach bias. For the most part, I read the posts now and filter that kind of "enthusiasm" as being somewhere between justified pride and delusional stupidity. Either way, I don't often pick on 'em.

That said, I was witnessing a major dose of the aforementioned enthusiasm in this thread when people will fling insults for rankings or read the same story and refuse to agree on what is written without "reading between the lines".

Buses are inexpensive and are capable of driving to Salt Lake City. It may take a while (~12 hours drive time), but if there was really a will, it could be done. Especially for a Saturday game. Leave friday AM, drive into Nevada and stop, practice, eat and stay the night. Then finish the drive with plenty of time on Saturday. The bus leaves for home after the game Saturday and arrives home Sunday AM.

I'm not sure why they waited until now to try to book their flights and hotels given the large travel party. Seems like a pretty big mistake.

Reactions: observer22
Agreed feedback. What a monumental letdown.

“Not local.” The truth comes out...We knew you weren’t.

Nothing needs to be proved. I don't see why it even matters if kids in East County drive past BVAL schools and DLS on their way to BOD. There is nothing requiring kids to go to the nearest private school. BOD is a good school and has some good sports programs, but they are just not anywhere close to being able to compete with DLS on the field. BOD should be playing against the top BVAL and EBAL teams and showing success before they play DLS.

And DLS scheduling a team BOD at home is like having a bye week for them.
I think the only reason DLS gave ODowd a game was to throw a bone to an old Catholic Athletic League member. Schools like DLS, ODowd, St Marys Berkeley, Moreau etc often schedule each other in non league games in various sports. St Marys and ODowd play in football every year. St Patrick’s, Salesian, and SMB are still in the same league, but they remained smaller schools. All three were once all boys, but now are coed with less boys than before.DLS is still all boys, but it used to be the same size as SMB, about 400-450 boys until their football programs success doubled their enrollment

We should just refer to it as Sybil.

Just for clarification on this specific discussion, East traveled to DLS and played the game on 9-16-2016, not last year. If it was confirmed to be a home and home, DLS has had at least 1.5 years to figure out the travel logistics to meet this commitment. It might be of interest to know why DLS wasn’t more proactive in early 2017 (ie. January or February of 2017) in putting together the travel package at that time to receive the best possible fares for the football team and coaching staff. It only seems logical to book travel of this magnitude at the earliest possible time to receive the most cost effective rates.

Reactions: feedback1
The same handful of posters are accusing people of having multiple accounts to stir up drama on the board.

It should be noted that multiple accounts are against the forum rules and Streak strictly enforces this and can see if anyone is using multiple logins or accounts.

Let's give this a rest and get back to football. This year should be amazing.

The same handful of posters are accusing people of having multiple accounts to stir up drama on the board.

It should be noted that multiple accounts are against the forum rules and Streak strictly enforces this and can see if anyone is using multiple logins or accounts.

Let's give this a rest and get back to football. This year should be amazing.
Follow your own advice and delete all the extra handles you have out there.....and much of the drama would end.....

Awood...It's all good and I was at time proud HS parent....sure went by fast....

I can’t argue with someone who can’t read.

14U2,
As far as I can tell, you generally follow logic, or at least have had some inside info that has ended up being the real deal. But I’ve got to admit that you have me confused here. You continue to state East backed out of this game. Then you point to this article as your proof. Well, I CAN read. So help me see what you do. Please show me exactly what you read that insinuates East backed out. Even Coach A states that’s not the case

“Both sides wanted to play,” the coach said. “There is no doubt. Nobody was backing out of anything. But with the monetary value, you have to make a wise decision. It became something where this was double what we were looking at. Both sides were surprised about what happened.”

Follow your own advice and delete all the extra handles you have out there.....and much of the drama would end.....

Awood...It's all good and I was at time proud HS parent....sure went by fast....
@Streak One can verify if any other handles are being used. Maybe he can confirm on here so all this paranoia can be put to bed and we can move on.

14U2,
As far as I can tell, you generally follow logic, or at least have had some inside info that has ended up being the real deal. But I’ve got to admit that you have me confused here. You continue to state East backed out of this game. Then you point to this article as your proof. Well, I CAN read. So help me see what you do. Please show me exactly what you read that insinuates East backed out. Even Coach A states that’s not the case

“Both sides wanted to play,” the coach said. “There is no doubt. Nobody was backing out of anything. But with the monetary value, you have to make a wise decision. It became something where this was double what we were looking at. Both sides were surprised about what happened.”
You are correct. And I want to apologize to East and DLS. I was wrong to have posted this when I did. Sometimes I get a little ahead of myself. Nevertheless all you Folsom fans will be happy to know I have been deployed. But unfortunately for you I will be back in 6 weeks. Again I apologize to both teams.

Reactions: 13 others
Just for clarification on this specific discussion, East traveled to DLS and played the game on 9-16-2016, not last year. If it was confirmed to be a home and home, DLS has had at least 1.5 years to figure out the travel logistics to meet this commitment. It might be of interest to know why DLS wasn’t more proactive in early 2017 (ie. January or February of 2017) in putting together the travel package at that time to receive the best possible fares for the football team and coaching staff. It only seems logical to book travel of this magnitude at the earliest possible time to receive the most cost effective rates.

Thanks for the correction. I thought dela lost to East in ‘17.

NV apologizing. I guess one mulligan....but it was heading the same way as the subject....Not happening- Lopoz’ mea culpa to DiMarco: 1,000 Hail Marys, NE end zone rope duty against Livermore (yep, he’ll be alone), and last, but not least, cheese bag heater and “nachos” (seriously, the Hilltop Drive-in had better) monitor all other OO home games fall.

Era missing the point. Folks using multiple handles are not doing so simultaneously. Dumping one, using another. Dumping #2, posting newly as #3. That’s goofy. Some of us 6-8 year guys appreciate knowing our audience. Nor Crack Pipe You know who you are.

Folks using multiple handles are not doing so simultaneously. Dumping one, using another. Dumping #2, posting newly as #3. That’s goofy. Some of us 6-8 year guys appreciate knowing our audience. Nor Crack Pipe You know who you are.[/QUOTE]

LOL...

Thanks for the correction. I thought dela lost to East in ‘17.

NV apologizing. I guess one mulligan....but it was heading the same way as the subject....Not happening- Lopoz’ mea culpa to DiMarco: 1,000 Hail Marys, NE end zone rope duty against Livermore (yep, he’ll be alone), and last, but not least, cheese bag heater and “nachos” (seriously, the Hilltop Drive-in had better) monitor all other OO home games fall.

Era missing the point. Folks using multiple handles are not doing so simultaneously. Dumping one, using another. Dumping #2, posting newly as #3. That’s goofy. Some of us 6-8 year guys appreciate knowing our audience. Nor Crack Pipe You know who you are.
I am a new poster. I used to do the twitter thing. One day I was searching and found this forum. Saw a subject about the league my school (Alhambra Bulldogs) are in. So I decided to sign up and post a few things I know about them. I'm a 58 year old man. And though I have never hit the crack pipe, I have lived a little more then my far share. I'm sorry but I may not have 6-8 years to become accepted.

Last edited:
I am a new poster. I used to do the twitter thing. One day I was searching and found this forum. Saw a subject about the league my school (Alhambra Bulldogs) are in. So I decided to sign up and post a few things I know about them. I'm a 58 year old man. And though I have never hit the crack pipe, I have lived a little more then my far share. I'm sorry but I may not have 6-8 years to become accepted.

Here you go. A little crack in case you want to try it.
Crack-300x225.jpg

Reactions: thekingera
Don't worry about it. The old timers are sometimes more worried about identities of people versus just talking football.

Just keep doing your thing. Keep it football related and we are all good.

Welcome to the board!

Roger that.

The references on here regarding multiple handles aren’t to other handles currently “being used”, but to the other handles you used prior to your current one. ;-)
While that sounds fun and all. Let's keep this football related.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT