ADVERTISEMENT

East back out against DLS

The references on here regarding multiple handles aren’t to other handles currently “being used”, but to the other handles you used prior to your current one. ;-)

The worse part was lying about who he was with each incarnation as if the rest of us didn't sniff it out within two posts. ERA is a DO parent or so he said. He thinks we are all thick and would forget. Weird.

Envy shipping out for six weeks?! Couldn’t have edited the thread title to reflect the truth before casting off? Gives new meaning to trolling. LOL

True that ridge. Goofy.

Folsom's league schedule is against a bunch of Division II schools.

This is a rather naive statement. You position it as if being in D2 somehow makes a program inferior. The D2 programs you speak of seem to beat most D1 teams not named Folsom most years. And they've only had problems beating Folsom -- as has every one else in the section -- since 2012.

This is just flat out an irrelevant comment.

They play one Division 1 school that they beat every year.

You're oddly hung up on this D1 thing. It's somehow lost upon you that for much of the past 10 years (and probably longer) the deepest and best group of teams in the SJS have been D2 or even D3 with regard to enrollment numbers. Grant Union, St. Mary's, Vacaville, Elk Grove and Granite Bay have all bounced back and forth between D1 to D2 a few times, but largely in D2. Del Oro and Inderkum have both been back and forth between D2 and D3. Hell, prior to 2013 even Folsom was D2 themselves.

Other than Oak Ridge and Jesuit -- who they play every year -- which D1 mainstays do you believe Folsom is missing out on that are better than these so called D2 teams?

If you're talking outside of the SJS in NorCal, since 2012 Folsom has beaten SRV, Deer Valley, CVC, Clovis North, and Central. Only one of those opponents played a close game.

And FWIW, the team that snapped Folsom's 52 game SJS win streak was a D2 program. The SJS team that had last beaten them before the start of that 52 game streak was ....... wait for it ..... also a D2 team.

Nobody in their league gives them a game and most are boat races or 4 TD beatdowns,.

You can say the same thing about 99% of teams outside their league too. The only teams outside their league that have given them a game the past 6 seasons have been DLS or one of the best teams in NorCal that particular season.

The past 4 seasons, Folsom has only been involved in 12 games that were decided by 14 points or less (not including losses).

4 of them were to SFL teams. 5 were in the playoffs. The others were Sacramento, CVC and Jesuit.

Last edited:
I will reiterate how I handle the boards:

I track all of the posts and verify where they are coming from. When it becomes clear that a poster is using multiple accounts, action is taken. When someone breaks a rule, action is taken.

I also haven't hired anyone to moderate the boards outside of me, so there is no need for anyone to police the boards on your own.

If you don't like a poster, don't respond. Let him or her talk to the wind. If you choose to engage, don't get mad when you get the same types of responses you don't like.

On this game, it doesn't make a bit of difference what preseason polls say. This game is right out of the shoot and will determine #1 on the field. Can't think of a better start to a regular season in the last decade or so that I've been following.

I will reiterate how I handle the boards:

I track all of the posts and verify where they are coming from. When it becomes clear that a poster is using multiple accounts, action is taken. When someone breaks a rule, action is taken.

I also haven't hired anyone to moderate the boards outside of me, so there is no need for anyone to police the boards on your own.

If you don't like a poster, don't respond. Let him or her talk to the wind. If you choose to engage, don't get mad when you get the same types of responses you don't like.

On this game, it doesn't make a bit of difference what preseason polls say. This game is right out of the shoot and will determine #1 on the field. Can't think of a better start to a regular season in the last decade or so that I've been following.

Streak,

It’s the constant, constant, constant narrative by one poster and the prior aliases he used in the past pitching the same tired in your face BS. He now has a new alias and is playing the nice card, but is still blabbering the same narrative. It has now become very old. And yes you know who it is and that’s why some of the posters on this board including myself take exception to his obsessive broken record comments. In my opinion, the poster needs to be put in the corner, have his account put on hold, and take a time out for about 2 months. WTBS, I do appreciate all of the insight you and the other posters present on this board because the information brings forth many different perspectives on the various topics. And most important you and the other posters are not programed like an android to blindly spew the same BS about 1 particular High School in the Northern California SJS. JMO.

Last edited:
Streak,

It’s the constant, constant, constant narrative by one poster and the prior aliases he used in the past pitching the same tired in your face BS. He now has a new alias and is playing the nice card, but is still blabbering the same narrative. It has now become very old. And yes you know who it is and that’s why some of the posters on this board including myself take exception to his obsessive broken record comments. In my opinion, the poster needs to be put in the corner, have his account put on hold, and take a time out for about 2 months. WTBS, I do appreciate all of the insight you and the other posters present on this board because the information brings forth many different perspectives on the various topics. And most important you and the other posters are not programed like an android to blindly spew the same BS about 1 particular High School in the Northern California SJS. JMO.

You just gotta ignore him honestly if you feed into he will find a way to push your buttons to where you get yourself banned... I had to learn the hard way to just ignore him no matter how many times he stirs the pot

Reactions: DelValleTrojan
Streak,

Glad that is all done. Now back to football.

This year should be one for the ages. I personally can't wait. Week 0 should be a major clash of the titans and a treat for us NorCal fans. Something most of us have been waiting for, for a very long time.

And for the record- I know there are haters. And that is fine. That is good. Something that comes with the territory and success. I understand some posters and tired of seeing the same team win year after year. I can't say I wouldn't feel the same. But I would urge you to be a fan, as I am of lots of teams. I think we have some of the best teams and traditions in HS football, right here in the SJS. We truly are blessed.

Cheers to everyone for a great year!

Go NorCal football!

Reactions: awood1
Streak,

While this is a public forum, the idea that Streak needs to censor anyone for posting messages that you don't like or agree with is ridiculous. Maybe Streak should make you a moderator, so you can act as the thought police. Or maybe your call for banning a poster that you will not name, but accuse of 'broken record posts' is fundamentally fascist.

GROW UP you bunch of #SnowFlakes. When you join the discourse, you run the risk that others may not agree with you and/or post thoughts that you do not want to hear. Streak gives you the ability to filter the posters that you don't want to see. Just hit the ignore button and be done with it.

While this is a public forum, the idea that Streak needs to censor anyone for posting messages that you don't like or agree with is ridiculous. Maybe Streak should make you a moderator, so you can act as the thought police. Or maybe your call for banning a poster that you will not name, but accuse of 'broken record posts' is fundamentally fascist.

GROW UP you bunch of #SnowFlakes. When you join the discourse, you run the risk that others may not agree with you and/or post thoughts that you do not want to hear. Streak gives you the ability to filter the posters that you don't want to see. Just hit the ignore button and be done with it.

Feedback1

Understood, but this poster’s mantra is old and tired. I would make a friendly wager that if the option was presented on this website as available on craigslist to flag this poster’s comments for removal Streaks inbox would explode. Also, I have no beef about other posters insight regardless if I agree or disagree with their point of view. But there’s a big difference between competitive commentary and 3rd grade OCD babble. And yes this poster will continue to spew the broken record comments. It’s just unfortunate it adds no real value to any of the conversations. JMO. I’m done.

Please step back and look at what you are saying. You are asking Streak to censor certain speech, not because it is profane or offensive, but because you don't want to hear it. That is patently un-American and counter to #1A (Yes, I realize that #1A applies only to the gov't censorship).

The American way is to ignore the speech that you don't want to hear. You have an EASY option. Click on the poster's name that you want to censor. Then click on IGNORE. Done.

There is no need to have the moderator censor this objectionable poster for everyone.

Please step back and look at what you are saying. You are asking Streak to censor certain speech, not because it is profane or offensive, but because you don't want to hear it. That is patently un-American and counter to #1A (Yes, I realize that #1A applies only to the gov't censorship).

The American way is to ignore the speech that you don't want to hear. You have an EASY option. Click on the poster's name that you want to censor. Then click on IGNORE. Done.

There is no need to have the moderator censor this objectionable poster for everyone.
100 percent agree. I have certain users on ignore and I don't have to hear the stuff they peddle. Not an issue.

I don't understand why people are obsessed with hearing what I say, despite complaining about it and campaigning to have me removed, when they could simply hit ignore as Streak has suggested. Nothing I say is illegal, offensive, or targets anyone. I enjoy talking football and even a bit of trash talk now and then with some Napa Valley wine in hand (highly suggest by the way), out on my pool deck! Thank god for Wi-Fi extenders!

Anywho- I am glad we are back to football! Only have to wait until August. Should be such a fun year. Good luck to everyone!

Feedback1

It seems to me you are taking what I said to seriously and that was not my intention. I made the comment to Streak in jest not as a directive. I get your point. Ignore (filter) what you don’t want to read but do not censor the objectionable.

But within this conversation there is one comment I made that I will not back away from. This poster and all of his prior aliases noise is old and tiresome and frankly adds no real value to any of the conversations IMO. Hey, but this is America so continue to spew the nonsense.

And yes, we'll find out how objectionable this poster is on 8-16-2018.

Last edited:
This is a rather naive statement. You position it as if being in D2 somehow makes a program inferior. The D2 programs you speak of seem to beat most D1 teams not named Folsom most years. And they've only had problems beating Folsom -- as has every one else in the section -- since 2012.

This is just flat out an irrelevant comment.

You're oddly hung up on this D1 thing. It's somehow lost upon you that for much of the past 10 years (and probably longer) the deepest and best group of teams in the SJS have been D2 or even D3 with regard to enrollment numbers. Grant Union, St. Mary's, Vacaville, Elk Grove and Granite Bay have all bounced back and forth between D1 to D2 a few times, but largely in D2. Del Oro and Inderkum have both been back and forth between D2 and D3. Hell, prior to 2013 even Folsom was D2 themselves.

Other than Oak Ridge and Jesuit -- who they play every year -- which D1 mainstays do you believe Folsom is missing out on that are better than these so called D2 teams?

If you're talking outside of the SJS in NorCal, since 2012 Folsom has beaten SRV, Deer Valley, CVC, Clovis North, and Central. Only one of those opponents played a close game.

And FWIW, the team that snapped Folsom's 52 game SJS win streak was a D2 program. The SJS team that had last beaten them before the start of that 52 game streak was ....... wait for it ..... also a D2 team.

You can say the same thing about 99% of teams outside their league too. The only teams outside their league that have given them a game the past 6 seasons have been DLS or one of the best teams in NorCal that particular season.

The past 4 seasons, Folsom has only been involved in 12 games that were decided by 14 points or less (not including losses).

4 of them were to SFL teams. 5 were in the playoffs. The others were Sacramento, CVC and Jesuit.

So you found 4 games out of 30 where the games were mildly competitive in SFL league games? Congrats. BTW, Oakridge doesn't count. They're DI just like Folsom but even they get beat every time.

You missed my point. NONE of the DII teams go into a game against Folsom thinking they can win or have a chance over the past few seasons and that will be the same going into next season. The SFL is a now a league of two leagues.

Folsom's strength of schedule is totally misleading, so let's don't pretend Folsom have a tough schedule compared to De La Salle because even in the storied SFL, nobody is at their level.

Saying Folsom has an equivalent strength of schedule to DLS is like saying a Pro Stock dragster has a tougher path to the finals because they are racing all 2018 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 versus racing a few Priuses and one Pro Stock dragster. Yea, the Mustangs are much faster than the Prius but is a tougher road?....no, it's not even close.

Last edited:
Reactions: DelValleTrojan
So you found 4 games out of 20 where the games were mildly competitive in the SFL league? Congrats. BTW, Oakridge doesn't count. They're DI just like Folsom but even they get beat every time.

You missed my point. NONE of the DII teams go into a game against Folsom thinking they can win or have a chance over the past few seasons and that will be the same going into next season. The SFL is a now a league of two leagues.

Folsom's strength of schedule is totally misleading, so let's don't pretend Folsom have a tough schedule compared to De La Salle because even in the storied SFL, nobody is at their level.

Saying Folsom has an equivalent strength of schedule to DLS is like saying a Pro Stock dragster has a tougher path to the finals because they are racing all 2018 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 versus racing a few Priuses and one Pro Stock dragster. Yea, the Mustangs are much faster than the Prius but is a tougher road?....no, it's not even close.
Why are you so angry about Folsom?

Why not root for them? They are a local team with tons of local talent.

Adults hating on HS teams for whatever reason is bizarre to me. I get the little jabs and trash talk......but some of the jealousy and envy on this forum is real. Time to move on.

Let's talk real football and let go of the personal issues. Geezy peetes!

Happy Easter to everyone btw!

Last edited:
Reactions: awood1
Shoot Streak. Now you done offended all the wranglers from Oakdale to Chowchilla....don’t mess with the bull in the chute.

Oakdale Rodeo April 14 and 15th. The town of Oakdale is going to be off the hook crazy, starting April 9th through April 15th. Looking forward to those bloody Mary's at 7 in the morning at the H bar B, while watching the best parade around! Let the party begin!!

It’s the fake news era.
The OP commits slander then departs. deLa dropped the game. The HC admitted so on the record. This chatter about “we offered to have THEM travel to us” is laughable, and disingenuous. NCP regulars silent; spartanhood board repeating the same false narrative. I guess editorial accuracy doesn’t matter anymore.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/spartanhood/messages/5050/1

Reactions: thekingera
It’s the fake news era.
The OP commits slander then departs. deLa dropped the game. The HC admitted so on the record. This chatter about “we offered to have THEM travel to us” is laughable, and disingenuous. NCP regulars silent; spartanhood board repeating the same false narrative. I guess editorial accuracy doesn’t matter anymore.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/spartanhood/messages/5050/1
It sounds to me like there might be more to this then any of us will ever know. If you read the apology the poster that started this whole thing gave, it sounds coached. I personally think he might have been told to shut his trap. I have no idea what happened. I don't believe anyone on here knows what happened either. I'm not a fan of either of these teams. From where I sit it looks like Folsom fans think DLS is at fault and DLS fans think East is at fault. Who really cares? This he said she said thing is getting old.

Reactions: feedback1
I’m in partial agreement humbab. Yes he apologized for his slander. Yet now is on assignment (and there are only two people who can edit the title.)

For years, we get an earful about how holy a specific program is, can do no wrong, has never been caught doing anything negative. Yet when there’s a pretty bad indiscretion (well, there’ve been a few) it’s pass the buck?! Just saying.

And I’m not a Folsom fan per se.

I reread your reply. Are you insinuating that the reason there is no game is that dela fell on their sword and claimed “we can’t afford to go” in order to protect East’s decision to cancel??

Last edited:
I’m in partial agreement humbab. Yes he apologized for his slander. Yet now is on assignment (and there are only two people who can edit the title.)

For years, we get an earful about how holy a specific program is, can do no wrong, has never been caught doing anything negative. Yet when there’s a pretty bad indiscretion (well, there’ve been a few) it’s pass the buck?! Just saying.

And I’m not a Folsom fan per se.

I reread your reply. Are you insinuating that the reason there is no game is that dela fell on their sword and claimed “we can’t afford to go” in order to protect East’s decision to cancel??
Nobody claims DLS is “holy”. But I have to ask, do you have the same dislike for the WCAL schools? St. Mary’s Stockton? Cardinal Newman?Marin Catholic? Bishop ODowd? St John Bosco, Mater Dei,Bishop Gorman,etc. All these schools have the same “advantages “ as DLS and have highly successful football programs ( and other sports programs as well) Or is it just DLS?

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
They have.
No.
Reason being zero interaction with the others, except BG. Seriously? Definitive interaction with Concord.
If wondering, Congregation of Holy Cross came through with some outstanding $$. And Spotlight deserved Best Picture. Polarity alert.

They have.
No.
Reason being zero interaction with the others, except BG. Seriously? Definitive interaction with Concord.
If wondering, Congregation of Holy Cross came through with some outstanding $$. And Spotlight deserved Best Picture. Polarity alert.
I haven’t heard them claim that. And I’ve know at least 8-10 kids that went and played there over the years. These kids seemed pretty humble, though they were proud of what the football program had accomplished. But they also felt pressure to sustain the success.But I get it, it’s because of the interaction.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Has very little, if anything, to do with the players, and I’ve not said as such. As for others, meh. On ncp; “HOF!...he walks on water. There’s even a movie about him!”
As if that legitimizes anything but a stellar W-L record.

It’s been an incredible run, for sure. You expected them to run away from East?

Has very little, if anything, to do with the players, and I’ve not said as such. As for others, meh. On ncp; “HOF!...he walks on water. There’s even a movie about him!”
As if that legitimizes anything but a stellar W-L record.

It’s been an incredible run, for sure. You expected them to run away from East?
I mentioned some players because they are generally a reflection of a program. I’m not a DLS alum or fan per de. But I was around when that program was abysmal, right before Ladouceur got there. They were in the old Catholic Athletic League in those days. Watched them gradually build that program. So they worked their way from nothing to something. That’s my perspective on them, and I don’t begrudge them their success. They worked to get where they are.

Believe me when I say mine joined a program that was bottom of the barrel and Phoenixed faster than dela post CAL, while enjoying none of the leverages dela enjoyed. THAT takes more work by players than most know.

You mention pressure. It used to be passion motivated. Now it’s obsession.

Again, someone is obfuscating what appears to be the Spartans ducking (insert edit “giving out excuses to not travel to Utah”) East with more than a year to plan. Uncharted territory.

Last edited:
Believe me when I say mine joined a program that was bottom of the barrel and Phoenixed faster than dela post CAL, while enjoying none of the leverages dela enjoyed. THAT takes more work by players than most know.

You mention pressure. It used to be passion motivated. Now it’s obsession.

Again, someone is obfuscating what appears to be the Spartans ducking East with more than a year to plan. Uncharted territory.
I think you’re working way too hard to find something to bash DLS over.And I have no opinion either way over who was “ ducking” who. Don’t really see “ducking” either way. Especially over a game that was decided on a last play of the game FG if memory serves.Btw, I’m not trying to convince you of anything, just have a different opinion about DLS than you.

I’d bet money DLS has never ducked anyone. The mere fact someone would state that publicly makes me believe they’re a Folsom groupie

I don't think anyone said DLS had ducked anyone or backed out. It was the DLS poster PNS-NV who came out and stated East had backed out on DLS, which when the facts came out could not have been further from the truth. Just because East didn't back out doesn't mean that DLS ducked anyone or that people are suddenly Folsom fans. I'm not even sure how that even appears that way. The original post and thread title were just downright wrong, especially coming from someone who hangs out with DLS coaches. He could have just said the game was called off, without calling out East.

Not a Folsom groupie by any stretch. Staunch CTA advocate. The public schools in our District are academically first rate.

I’ll tone down “duck.” (Edit done) But only if you get DeLurk to edit the Delphi title. Let’s go with; lame excuse saying “we couldn’t afford it” plane flights, hotels, when that NEVER was a problem before...ever. More than a year to plan. I think there’s a little Jager in you guy’s green koolaid!

Last edited:
Not a Folsom groupie by any stretch. Staunch CTA advocate. The public schools in our District are academically first rate.

I’ll tone down “duck.” (Edit done) But only if you get DeLurk to edit the Delphi title. Let’s go with; lame excuse saying “we couldn’t afford it” plane flights, hotels, when that NEVER was a problem before...ever. More than a year to plan. I think there’s a little Jager in you guy’s green koolaid!
Lol, geez

As I mentioned in an earlier post DLS has had 1.5 years to take care of the logistics for this game against East in Utah. Book flights, hotels, and transportation as early as possible to meet the special travel criteria and confirm best rates. Not sure why DLS waited until now too complete those transactions. If there are new concerns about the cost of travel, someone in the DLS travel and budget office should have researched and put together the travel package for this game at a much earlier date.

I mentioned some players because they are generally a reflection of a program. I’m not a DLS alum or fan per de. But I was around when that program was abysmal, right before Ladouceur got there. They were in the old Catholic Athletic League in those days. Watched them gradually build that program. So they worked their way from nothing to something. That’s my perspective on them, and I don’t begrudge them their success. They worked to get where they are.
Great call. Nobody appeciates the climb to the top.

I remember when Folsom was a mediocre SJS team. Not a blip on the map. Went from that to a national contender.

I know others don't appreciate it. But I sure do. I remember where we came from.

Reactions: remc and awood1
I don't think any of use really knows what happened. But I assure you the clowns that run dls aren't going listen to Folsom fans on how to plan a trip. I'm unaware of Folsom ever traveling other then the SBG which the CIF takes care of. I have no idea why this game is not happening. But I assure you it's not. I'll I do know is the game between Folsom and dls is on. And that's enough for me. I would be more interested in hearing how everyone thinks that game will play out.

I don't think any of use really knows what happened. But I assure you the clowns that run dls aren't going listen to Folsom fans on how to plan a trip. I'm unaware of Folsom ever traveling other then the SBG which the CIF takes care of. I have no idea why this game is not happening. But I assure you it's not. I'll I do know is the game between Folsom and dls is on. And that's enough for me. I would be more interested in hearing how everyone thinks that game will play out.

Why does this keep defaulting to Folsom fans? The people questioning why the OP titled this thread that East backed out instead of just that the game was canceled have not even mentioned Folsom. It's more people that can read and use reason that have said this didn't add up.

Now people are on here saying “nobody knows why, never will.” So what they’re saying is the dLS HC fibbed to the reporter? False narratives from parochials. Not surprising if true based on current events.

@110- don’t really care about wcal schools or even publics when it comes to integrity.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT