ADVERTISEMENT

Elle Ladine picks up an early offer

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
2022 Lowell/Bay City guard Elle Ladine has been offered by UC Irvine after playing at a team camp there.

Early offers are hard to trust, but it can show talent is there.

Reactions: coachlittle
Was she on Lowell's varsity in 2018-19? Or was she a JV kid? She was not listed on the varsity. Can't find the JV roster. If she was a JV player and now has Division I college offers, something seems to be a bit odd at Lowell in the athlete evaluation department these days.

Last edited:
Was she on Lowell's varsity in 2018-19? Or was she a JV kid? She was not listed on the varsity. Can't find the JV roster. If she was a JV player and now has Division I college offers, something seems to be a bit odd at Lowell in the athlete evaluation department these days.
Was on the JV team. Agree with you. Something was very odd at Lowell.

Dare we say "malpractice?" This could be another case of "AYSO Syndrome." Certain schools, for politically correct reasons that defy competitive logic, have a severe bias against freshmen on varsity teams. Lowell may fit in that self-defeating category. The question becomes: Why would Elle Ladine remain at a school that doesn't take her chosen sport seriously? Yes, Lowell has a strong academic reputation. And it's tuition-free. But the temptation to leave has to be pretty strong at this point.

Last edited:
So there you have it, apparently. It does make a case for AAU club basketball. At least this kid was not hidden away in the shadows during the summer.

Last edited:
I dislike the hard-and-fast rule about freshmen not playing varsity. The high school athletic experience is over in a heartbeat, not even accounting for possible injury, and it would seem case-by-case decisions would be more fair to all.

Reactions: colhenrylives
The same thing happened to Courtney Range her freshman season at LIncoln ( Stockton ). She responded by transferring out her soph season. I will always remember her totally dominating a JV game and wondering why she was not playing on the Varsity.

Reactions: colhenrylives
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT