ADVERTISEMENT

Emoni Bates From Michigan

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018

Just found out about this kid a couple of weeks ago. Started watching his highlights. Awhile back I said Jalen Green as a Sophomore was better than Lebron James as a Sophomore.

Well I take it back. Emoni Bates might be the new Lebron in a couple of years.

Just turned 15 at the end of January. Won a State Title in his first year, and oh yeah he was Gatorade player of the Year for the state as well. Only Freshman who won that title this year!

I don't think i've ever said this about a player before, but I think his only downfall would be becoming too tall and not being able to handle the frame. He remains between 6'8-6'11 he has KD written all over him!

Only prob with highlights is they tend to make everyone with some hops look like MJ and everyone with a decent crossover look like AI.

But I found the Michigan state title game on NFHS and watched the whole thing...

I can sure see what all the excitement is about, but I’d stop a bit short of the better-than-Bronbron hype... Has to fill out and get a lot stronger... But then, I never saw LeBron until he was a senior... Maybe he was a beanpole too.

Anyway, Emoni will be a problem for anyone that faces him, I’d say... He did pout a bit after a missed play and let hus man go full-court for an easy bucket... I bet none of the college scouts missed that one... But he’s really young and will probably grow out of that stuff... Hope so...

Yeah, this kid is one to keep an eye on.

Oh, I see you mentioned KD... There’s “the one that got away” for me... When he was a sophomore, he was playing for legendary powerhouse Oak Hill, and they were at that Les Schwab Invitational that I mention often...

And that was the one year I didn’t go. Hadn’t even heard about Durant yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT