ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom dls sjb md

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion Folsom has to either beat DLS head to head or year end and year out to schedule similarly to be considered in the top tier teams, they are still a powerhouse but just a notch below.
So far they have done the latter as they should have (Chaminade). In m/o I don't believe Folsom will ever beat a DLS team as long as Lad is a part of the Spartans (day to day) operations. If this ridiculously star studded stacked 2018 Folsom team couldn't beat DLS (IN WEEK 0), once again boys, (IN WEEK 0) why should anyone believe they'll beat DLS in the future with a less talented team? I'd rather see Folsom schedule a sure win opponent as usual instead of scheduling DLS again. They should have a preseason schedule that resembles this.

Week 0 Antelope
Week 1 Elk Grove
Week 2 Vacaville
Week 3 Jesuit

I'm pretty sure most posters here see this as a very competitive schedule for Folsom. Something tells me Coach Richardson doesn't see it that way anymore by the way he scheduled this year. We shall see.....

I would typically just "LIKE" this post and read on, but it is an important enough point that I feel compelled to respond.

Self awareness is a valuable attribute. Some folks here should at least realize that they are in somewhat of an echo chamber when they are rambling on about strength of schedule, respect, etc. Do you realize how far removed from what most people call reality you are? I have yet to hear a living person make mention to any kid wearing a section or state championship ring the "strength of schedule" or "national respect" their particular team had or has. To think that it is any more important than a pet peeve of a dozen old men on a message board, is delusional.

Second, Folsom fans are not represented well on this board. Based on my personal interaction, seldom is a teams "persona" represented well here. From Grant to DLS to Cathedral Catholic to Nevada Union, most teams and their fans are good people that support their team as part of their community.
In places like Folsom you will see it on Friday nights at Prairie City Stadium, and there again on Saturdays when the marching band competition happens, and at Livermore Park when the Junior Bulldogs play, and in the main gym filled for basketball season, and in the new small gym when volleyball plays or a wrestling dual draws a couple hundred, and when the school play sells out 4 performances, and at every park Saturday mornings when thousands of kids across the city are playing some version of youth soccer (As I reference it, the "herd of turtles" kicking a ball) cheered on by their family and neighbors. I personally see a strong football program as a sign of a strong community. Whether that community is geographically or religion based, seldom does one happen without the support of the other.

The board is a place where "we" can talk HS football in the absence of a sports bar that is within 30 minutes of everyone in the state. But like most sports bars, there are always a few folks that can't handle their sodas, talk above everyone else, lack the control to hold their tongue or apply perspective and generally draw more attention to themselves than whatever they are talking about. I've come to using the "ignore" button as my personal bouncer and find the atmosphere much more enjoyable if I can drown out the noise and hang with some of the old regulars sharing stories of the glory days and bragging over the future of our offspring.

....stepping off the soap box, back to listening (reading) for awhile.

Well said

I would love to say you're wrong but you have a very valid point here. So I'll just wait and see and hope Folsom doesn't schedule another D-3 or D-2 NorCal opponent or any other program on that level of play.

I know first hand that Folsom, as does Inderkum, has problems scheduling games. Pulling off DLS and Chaminade wasn't easy. They had to back out of a couple contracts and move a couple things around. It's not as easy as some make it out to on this site in regards to scheduling. Home/Away, logistics, existing contracts etc.

Besides one person, who else is or has made this argument?

FWIW, it doesn't appear that Folsom is the only one behind MD/SJB. DLS isn't equal to them either. At least not the past couple seasons.

The only thing I've read from others or asserted myself is that Folsom/DLS could play a competitive game against those two but would still lose by several scores.

FWIW, it doesn't appear that Folsom is the only one behind MD/SJB. DLS isn't equal to them either. At least not the past couple seasons.

The only thing I've read from others or asserted myself is that Folsom/DLS could play a competitive game against those two but would still lose by several scores.

I get your slant on this but my point wasn't about the Open or State bowl games. My point is mainly about respect for NorCal football vs SoCal football. A lot of Folsom fans come on this site sticking their chest out about how great Folsom is. If Folsom is that great the only way they'll get elite type respect is to play the teams I mentioned. Scheduling and losing to DLS is one thing but competing against other top rated Cali teams and other top state programs year in and year out gives the Folsom fans the respect their seeking from others. Folsom poster "Cashisking18" and others praise Folsom as one of the top programs in the nation. Will if the Folsom fans feel they're team is on that level than they need to play teams on that same level. Once again, this is not about DLS and Folsom but it's about Folsom scheduling teams that are known powers in Cali and other states. Money isn't a problem for a school like Folsom when it comes to traveling 6 hours opposed to 1 or 2 hours. As the great legendary Bill Walsh said in a clinic once, "excuses are for whiners not winners". Folsom doesn't need any built-in excuses when it comes to competing against programs on their level of play. As a long time coach myself, I've never been about excuses and never will. Just sayin.
Exactly. It looks like Folsom will go to any lengths to avoid the possibility of an embarrassing , high profile loss. After two such losses to DLS, they became overly cautious, it would appear, when it comes to scheduling. But hey, if you’re going to demand the respect that they seem to crave then there’s no way around it. Even the DLS game this year was scheduled with them having their best team in memory, and DLS replacing 4/5 of their O line and starting a soph at QB.Not to mention it was early in the season when everyone knows DLS is traditionally its most vulnerable. This was the year for Folsom to step it up. They’ve got the talent.Theyve got the coaching. Embarrassing losses are going to happen, but that’s how you grow.And playing those types of teams,(SJB, MD, BG,Centennial etc.) is how you earn respect, win or lose.

Thunder,

There was quite a bit of discussion after last years state games when Folsom won and DLS lost horribly that Folsom had closed the gap on DLS overall and that maybe Folsom should be the rep for the north in the open state game..... Whether it was many people or 1 person claiming so it's worthy of a discussion cause after all this is a discussion board and that's what we do here.And yes Folsom had a shot this year but couldn't do it end of story, and be clear I too am not a Folsom fan or Folsom hater Nor am I a De La fan or De La hater but just giving my 2 cents. .....Just a side note I am a fan and alumni of El Cerrito and we actually beat DLS 14-13 back in 89 (Biggest win for us in last 30 years)

Mr.Big
I think this is a fan board so we understand that Folsom don't give darn what we say because what they have been doing is working out fine for them they are winning 14+ games every season and winning championships.

Clearly DLS and Folsom are the top 2 teams in the north and both are probably far behind Bosco and Mater D

Thunder,

There was quite a bit of discussion after last years state games when Folsom won and DLS lost horribly that Folsom had closed the gap on DLS overall and that maybe Folsom should be the rep for the north in the open state game..... Whether it was many people or 1 person claiming so it's worthy of a discussion cause after all this is a discussion board and that's what we do here.

Well, in hindsight, I think it's clear they did close the gap as evidenced by this season's closely contested game. But with regard to last season, I don't recall many people strongly advocating for Folsom over DLS for the Open -- other than homer Folsom fan. But perhaps my memory is failing me. I'm sure I said that I felt Folsom could compete with DLS last season -- but that doesn't mean they earned Open over them.

I believe many felt Folsom lacked marquee wins against legit opposition. I recall a lot of criticism of Folsom's pre-season scheduling up until they finally scheduled DLS and Chaminade. Most everyone is hoping they go that route again next season. They already have DLS. I'm not sure if Chaminade is a 2-yr deal or not, but if not -- there's great opportunity to build off what they've done this season.

Exactly. It looks like Folsom will go to any lengths to avoid the possibility of an embarrassing , high profile loss. After two such losses to DLS, they became overly cautious, it would appear, when it comes to scheduling. But hey, if you’re going to demand the respect that they seem to crave then there’s no way around it. Even the DLS game this year was scheduled with them having their best team in memory, and DLS replacing 4/5 of their O line and starting a soph at QB.Not to mention it was early in the season when everyone knows DLS is traditionally its most vulnerable. This was the year for Folsom to step it up. They’ve got the talent.Theyve got the coaching. Embarrassing losses are going to happen, but that’s how you grow.And playing those types of teams,(SJB, MD, BG,Centennial etc.) is how you earn respect, win or lose.
Well said.

I know first hand that Folsom, as does Inderkum, has problems scheduling games. Pulling off DLS and Chaminade wasn't easy. They had to back out of a couple contracts and move a couple things around. It's not as easy as some make it out to on this site in regards to scheduling. Home/Away, logistics, existing contracts etc.
I understand scheduling can be a bit challenging but Folsom should have been challenging themselves with a better preseason schedule before this season. They should have been breaking contracts or placing themselves in a position to play top teams in SoCal after their second state championship against Oceanside in 2014. What excuse can you give me for Folsom's remarkable success and their mediocre "pre-season" scheduling? Take a long look at Folsom's yearly success after winning their first State title.

2010 State Champions. Beat SoCal Power Serra (Gardena) 48-20.
2011 Lost to NorCal Power Vacaville in the SJS Championship game 39-35.
*2012 Lost to National Power DLS in the NorCal Regional Open 49-15.
*2013 Lost to National Power DLS in the NorCal Regional Open 45-17.
2014 2-time State Champs. Beat SoCal Power Oceanside 68-7.
2015 Lost to NorCal Power Bellarmine in the NorCal Regional 42-35.
2016 Lost to NorCal Power St. Mary's in the SJS Championship 56-25.
2017 3-time State Champs. Beat SoCal Power Helix 49-42.

*Had it not been for Folsom playing against DLS in the (2012 & 2013) NorCal Regional Open it's possible they could have won two more State Championship titles.

s2h17, I'd be happier than "pigs in slop" if you can give me a legit or plausible answer to why it took Folsom so damn long to schedule up. After beating the breaks off SoCal/Diego Powers Cathedral Catholic and Oceanside in 2014, Folsom should have started scheduling SoCal powers thereafter in my opinion. However, I believe in the ancient saying, "it's better late than never".

I understand scheduling can be a bit challenging but Folsom should have been challenging themselves with a better preseason schedule before this season. They should have been breaking contracts or placing themselves in a position to play top teams in SoCal after their second state championship against Oceanside in 2014. What excuse can you give me for Folsom's remarkable success and their mediocre "pre-season" scheduling? Take a long look at Folsom's yearly success after winning their first State title.

2010 State Champions. Beat SoCal Power Serra (Gardena) 48-20.
2011 Lost to NorCal Power Vacaville in the SJS Championship game 39-35.
*2012 Lost to National Power DLS in the NorCal Regional Open 49-15.
*2013 Lost to National Power DLS in the NorCal Regional Open 45-17.
2014 2-time State Champs. Beat SoCal Power Oceanside 68-7.
2015 Lost to NorCal Power Bellarmine in the NorCal Regional 42-35.
2016 Lost to NorCal Power St. Mary's in the SJS Championship 56-25.
2017 3-time State Champs. Beat SoCal Power Helix 49-42.

*Had it not been for Folsom playing against DLS in the (2012 & 2013) NorCal Regional Open it's possible they could have won two more State Championship titles.

s2h17, I'd be happier than "pigs in slop" if you can give me a legit or plausible answer to why it took Folsom so damn long to schedule up. After beating the breaks off SoCal/Diego Powers Cathedral Catholic and Oceanside in 2014, Folsom should have started scheduling SoCal powers thereafter in my opinion. However, I believe in the ancient saying, "it's better late than never".

2015 schedule

Clayton Valley charter -W 27-26 I'm pretty sure they're pretty good
Clovis North W 42-25 Central Cal Power
Pleasant Grove W 54-14 Tail end of their success. Lost coach Catt
Burbank W 56-20 Sac top end city school

2016 schedule

Coeur D'Alene (Idaho) W 55-36 Top 5 school in state every year
Jesuit W 42-28 Sac top end school
Pleasant Grove W 55-0 End of their run and off the schedule next year
Sac High L 32-27 Sac top end city school

2017 schedule

Coeur D' Alene (Idaho) W 56-33
Jesuit W 55-9
Oakdale W 45-29 Best available game. Unable to move Jesuit or CDA.
Sac High W 28-19

I understand in YOUR opinion they should have starting scheduling SOCal powers. But who gives a F what you think. They continued to schedule tough local talent with always having at least one game out of state or from another section. They benefited this year with week 0 being moved up and essentially everyone able to schedule in that new window. You also assume that they never make a phone call or don't attempt to schedule games. Again, logistics along with competing schedules all play a roll. Gate money issues, administration and don't forget these are still 16,17 and sometimes 18 year old kids. Can they really travel multiple weeks to SOcal and the bay area or central cal? Be realistic. This isn't IMG academy that doesn't have a league schedule or a private school with big donors. They fight the battles of a public school, believe it or not, just like everyone else. A public school can't schedule 4 non-local teams. That means twice a year you're traveling out of state or to SoCal...Not cheap and not easy on kids. This is High school, not college. It's a treat when we get an out of state game or SoCal game.

I understand in YOUR opinion they should have starting scheduling SOCal powers. But who gives a F what you think. ......

For the most part, a good post arguing the opposing viewpoint of scheduling.
But in answer to your question...."who gives a F......", I for one, do.
Would definitely give an A for what FBall-junkie thinks. +600 posts vs +30 posts has earned my respect to date.

If you want to bark with the big dogs then you gotta run with those big dogs.....

Would definitely give an A for what FBall-junkie thinks. +600 posts vs +30 posts has earned my respect to date.

If you want to bark with the big dogs then you gotta run with those big dogs.....

The point was rhetorical. I am sure that before scheduling their games, the Folsom coaches sit around and ponder ' I wonder how this game will look to Cement-whats-his-name and FootballDrugUser' on the NCP board. After all, these guys are like 'Super Users' or influencers like Kim K. Just without any actual qualifications other than a keyboard - and they are probably not hot. The point is that no one who matters cares what you think.

Private schools play by different rules than the public. Like it or not, that is the way coaches view it. They see the Open as a de-facto private school championship. In any given year, a public may be able to compete, but year in and year out, the publics are playing for the D1 and below championships. The goal of any competitive school should be to compete for a state championship. While they may not rise to your standards, it seems that Folsom has been pretty successful in that regard.

So lets see:
  • Win league championships (check)
  • Win section championships (check)
  • Win state championships (check)
  • Attract major recruiters (check)
  • Place kids in major college programs (check)
  • Become a dominant public school (check)
  • Play the top teams in the SJS (check)
  • Teach football players to become good young men (check)
Maybe this is good enough. But if you only focus on:
  • Satisfy NCP posters who want you to play a 'national' schedule despite having no idea what it means to a program - and will judge you in hind sight over the quality of your non-league schedule (not checked).
Then I guess they have utterly failed. So dumb.

The point was rhetorical. I am sure that before scheduling their games, the Folsom coaches sit around and ponder ' I wonder how this game will look to Cement-whats-his-name and FootballDrugUser' on the NCP board. After all, these guys are like 'Super Users' or influencers like Kim K. Just without any actual qualifications other than a keyboard - and they are probably not hot. The point is that no one who matters cares what you think.

Private schools play by different rules than the public. Like it or not, that is the way coaches view it. They see the Open as a de-facto private school championship. In any given year, a public may be able to compete, but year in and year out, the publics are playing for the D1 and below championships. The goal of any competitive school should be to compete for a state championship. While they may not rise to your standards, it seems that Folsom has been pretty successful in that regard.

So lets see:
  • Win league championships (check)
  • Win section championships (check)
  • Win state championships (check)
  • Attract major recruiters (check)
  • Place kids in major college programs (check)
  • Become a dominant public school (check)
  • Play the top teams in the SJS (check)
  • Teach football players to become good young men (check)
Maybe this is good enough. But if you only focus on:
  • Satisfy NCP posters who want you to play a 'national' schedule despite having no idea what it means to a program - and will judge you in hind sight over the quality of your non-league schedule (not checked).
Then I guess they have utterly failed. So dumb.
Ok Feed ya got me...LMAO...

2015 schedule

Clayton Valley charter -W 27-26 I'm pretty sure they're pretty good
Clovis North W 42-25 Central Cal Power
Pleasant Grove W 54-14 Tail end of their success. Lost coach Catt
Burbank W 56-20 Sac top end city school

2016 schedule

Coeur D'Alene (Idaho) W 55-36 Top 5 school in state every year
Jesuit W 42-28 Sac top end school
Pleasant Grove W 55-0 End of their run and off the schedule next year
Sac High L 32-27 Sac top end city school

2017 schedule

Coeur D' Alene (Idaho) W 56-33
Jesuit W 55-9
Oakdale W 45-29 Best available game. Unable to move Jesuit or CDA.
Sac High W 28-19

I understand in YOUR opinion they should have starting scheduling SOCal powers. But who gives a F what you think. They continued to schedule tough local talent with always having at least one game out of state or from another section. They benefited this year with week 0 being moved up and essentially everyone able to schedule in that new window. You also assume that they never make a phone call or don't attempt to schedule games. Again, logistics along with competing schedules all play a roll. Gate money issues, administration and don't forget these are still 16,17 and sometimes 18 year old kids. Can they really travel multiple weeks to SOcal and the bay area or central cal? Be realistic. This isn't IMG academy that doesn't have a league schedule or a private school with big donors. They fight the battles of a public school, believe it or not, just like everyone else. A public school can't schedule 4 non-local teams. That means twice a year you're traveling out of state or to SoCal...Not cheap and not easy on kids. This is High school, not college. It's a treat when we get an out of state game or SoCal game.
First of all, Folsom's 2015 pre-season schedule is a good schedule for a team of Oak Ridge or Del Oro caliber. And it's obvious that YOU give a F about what I think since you're responding to my post with an excuse based slant for Folsom's weak scheduling practices prior to this season. That said, CVC is a pretty good team and I'd agree they were worthy of being on Folsom's schedule. Coach Tim Murphy is a solid coach and he always field a good team year in and year out.

Look I'm from the Central Valley and Clovis North isn't considered a football power by any stretch of YOUR imagination. Logistics??? Folsom schedules N.Clovis when they could have scheduled a home and away game with a SS power like Mission Viejo which has a lot of money. First game at home and second game on the road. The gate money from the first game would be a big haul towards the game in Southern Cal the next year. N. Clovis has had a few good seasons and one season when they lost to LBP in a state bowl game. The same LBP team that beat them 28-7 in that bowl game lost to Granite Bay the next week 21-20 in 2012 for the state title. They're no better than Burbank or Jesuit. Scheduling them did not benefit Folsom's football program. It may or may not have benefitted N. Clovis.

Excuse you, Cattolico last coached for PG during the 2013 season so save the drama for you know who. Folsom could have and should have replaced PG with another San Diego power like Helix or Oceanside after beating the brakes off Cathedral Catholic the previous season. This is also the time they should have been trying to schedule a SS Power like Mission Viejo, Chaminade, Oaks Christian and perhaps Cen10. Scheduling PG or sticking to an agreement after Cattolico left was just lazy and not beneficial if they're about challenging their team. After beating PG and coach Cattolico 4 times out of the last 5 games one would think Folsom and coach Richardson would look to strengthen their schedule not weaken it. To be honest, PG was only competitive with Folsom during the early years of PG's existence. They had back to back wins over Folsom in the 2007 & 2008 seasons. May I add Cattolico had a really good coaching staff then. If scheduling Burbank in 2015 made sense to you after winning two state championships you really don't have a clue when it comes to challenging your team. Burbanks Ex Coach Heff is a damn good coach but his Burbank program was never on Folsom's level of play and even someone like YOU know this.

Folsom's 2016 pre-season schedule doesn't get any better. I'm sure OOS programs like Chandler, AZ or Bingham, UT would love to play Folsom. The Idaho power doesn't stand up to the Folsom level of play but Chandler and Bingham probably will. Jesuit, really??? Man please!!! Folsom owned Jesuit for at least the past four matchups prior to this meeting. Wow!!! PG again after coach Cattolico and his staff has long been gone. Sac High, really??? What city school has won anything other than Grant? And btw, Folsom has owned Grant for about a decade. Not to take anything away from Sac High because they had the talent and coaching to beat Folsom. The problem is Sac didn't garner the resume to play a two time state champion of Folsom's caliber. Had Sac knocked off a team like St. Mary's, Del Oro, Granite, Bellarmine, Serra, St. Francis or Pittsburg than I can see them getting a call from Folsom or visa versa.

Folsom's 2017 pre-season schedule is a joke and would make a mockery of what challenging yourself is all about. I'm curious to know why they couldn't remove the home game with CDA and replaced it with a SS power? Once again, not a challenging game and we all knew it. But, if Folsom would have scheduled a team like Bingham, UT or Chandler, AZ they would have been challenged and all bets off on who would win. Jesuit again??? Even you know this doesn't make any sense lol. I have no problem with scheduling Oakdale @ the Carrol. That's the only pre-season game in 2017 that made any sense whatsoever prior to Sac upsetting Folsom the year before. I guess after losing to Sac High it made sense to play them in a rematch.

News flash, more posters than you can imagine believes Folsom should have a more challenging pre-season schedule. My assessment of YOU is you're full of excuses for Folsom's pre-season scheduling. You say it's logistics, it's administration, it's the age of the kids and money. But to be honest, in YOUR mind you don't believe it's important to challenge your program/team if you don't have to. I call that being lazy. Why does Folsom have a football team if they're not willing to challenge themselves at the highest level possible? I don't know a team on their level of play that doesn't challenge themselves every now-and-then. Do you? They could have schedule a marquee game with a SS power in those three years but they didn't. Are they scared or is it what you say, logistics.

Today, why don't we stop the excuses for Folsom's past pre-season scheduling habits and hope they continue what they've started this year. Hope this is something we can agree upon. Respect to the many years of success to the Folsom football program, players and coaches. They're a big time program. Hoping they continue to play big boy opponents while they're really good.

I just wish there was a way Folsom and DLS can play MD and SJB in the Open and D1 games this year, don't care who plays who or in which level. These four programs are so far ahead of the rest of the field in NorCal/SoCal it's a shame MD or SJB has to be eliminated, and Folsom or DLS will have to play a "not the second best team in SoCal" in a bowl game.

Solid post concrete17. When someone has to curse when debating I was told by my college professors they lose. lol. In regards to feed-em-meth user he's entitled to his bias and ridiculous posts. I don't feed posters with feed in their moniker. They might bite you in the "BACK" for having a very good opinion in which they don't agree with. So I pay no attention to the backbiters that feed on unsubstantiated facts or better yet, (fake news).

I would typically just "LIKE" this post and read on, but it is an important enough point that I feel compelled to respond.

Self awareness is a valuable attribute. Some folks here should at least realize that they are in somewhat of an echo chamber when they are rambling on about strength of schedule, respect, etc. Do you realize how far removed from what most people call reality you are? I have yet to hear a living person make mention to any kid wearing a section or state championship ring the "strength of schedule" or "national respect" their particular team had or has. To think that it is any more important than a pet peeve of a dozen old men on a message board, is delusional.

Second, Folsom fans are not represented well on this board. Based on my personal interaction, seldom is a teams "persona" represented well here. From Grant to DLS to Cathedral Catholic to Nevada Union, most teams and their fans are good people that support their team as part of their community.
In places like Folsom you will see it on Friday nights at Prairie City Stadium, and there again on Saturdays when the marching band competition happens, and at Livermore Park when the Junior Bulldogs play, and in the main gym filled for basketball season, and in the new small gym when volleyball plays or a wrestling dual draws a couple hundred, and when the school play sells out 4 performances, and at every park Saturday mornings when thousands of kids across the city are playing some version of youth soccer (As I reference it, the "herd of turtles" kicking a ball) cheered on by their family and neighbors. I personally see a strong football program as a sign of a strong community. Whether that community is geographically or religion based, seldom does one happen without the support of the other.

The board is a place where "we" can talk HS football in the absence of a sports bar that is within 30 minutes of everyone in the state. But like most sports bars, there are always a few folks that can't handle their sodas, talk above everyone else, lack the control to hold their tongue or apply perspective and generally draw more attention to themselves than whatever they are talking about. I've come to using the "ignore" button as my personal bouncer and find the atmosphere much more enjoyable if I can drown out the noise and hang with some of the old regulars sharing stories of the glory days and bragging over the future of our offspring.

....stepping off the soap box, back to listening (reading) for awhile.
I agree with my friend Tony Wood. He couldn't have said it better. Folsom fans are not well represented on this forum, nor do they care to be. It does seem that Folsom haters are well represented on here, and that is just fine. I will also echo was Tony said in regards to most of Bulldog nation giving two sh**s about NCPs and what the "anonymous" users on here think of Folsom. Folsom is an amazing community to live in that happens to have an amazing football program, from the youth level, all the way to the varsity level. They have great homegrown talent as well as attract kids from out of the area who want to be part of Bulldog nation and have a great shot to be seen by scouts at the next level. There are other positive reasons for this too, but I will spare the board my soapbox for now.

I can assure you that coming to any Folsom home game, to enjoy the stadium, the sights, the food, and the company is an amazing experience. The Bulldog nation parents, community, and kids are second to none. It is one of the best places to catch a game in all of CA. We welcome all, even those who seem to have an axe to grind. We don't care, come join us!

As Tony stated, there are not many Folsom parents, or even community members on this site. But, believe that we do read and talk a lot about what is said on here. Many great topics from this forum have come up over beers, tailgating in the Prairie City Stadium Parking lot! So for that, I would like to thank many of you on behalf of Bulldog nation. Another user (not sure who), said it best when they stated that the Bulldog nation in general could give two sh**s about what is said in here in regards to a "national schedule" or playing every Tom, Dick, & Harry from Southern California. We could care less about Strength of Schedule, or "national respect." From reading these forums for years, it appears that we already have a great deal of respect from the national coaching community and fans. Not that it matters. We have the support of our city and local community as a whole, which is what really runs football at the HS level. As parents, boosters, or community members, we are focused on the development of our young men into fine adults. If they turn out to be great football players, then so be it. But, I believe our academic record speaks for itself and often gets lost in much of this online chatter. Our team represents Bulldog nation and our community members. At the end of the day, we don't really care if we win this championship, or that championship. It is about more than that, and many of you are welcome to come experience this any time. You are all invited.

For our few supporters our there- keep on, keep keepin on! Bulldog nation!

To our fairly small group of haters- We love you too!

But who gives a F what you think.

Well, judging by the fact that you replied and spend a lot of time doing it, it sure seems like you care. And there also the flip side to the rhetorical question you asked. If you really think about it, you'll probably figure out what that is.

I am sure that before scheduling their games, the Folsom coaches sit around and ponder ' I wonder how this game will look to Cement-whats-his-name and FootballDrugUser' on the NCP board. After all, these guys are like 'Super Users' or influencers like Kim K. Just without any actual qualifications other than a keyboard - and they are probably not hot. The point is that no one who matters cares what you think.

I totally get the point you're making. But I'd counter with the point that those of us sharing ideas and talking football on this site aren't doing it with the purpose of these coaches reading or caring about what we say. This forum is merely to share a passion with like minded people and exchange info, ideas and opinions.

But having said that, there are also coaches that frequent this site (that are passionate of the sport themselves). Along with regular media outlets, they do read (and sometimes acknowledge) what is said about their programs. In some ways it can have an influence -- especially when the collective is critical of the same thing. Some might claim that Folsom has heard the criticism of their scheduling loudly the past couple years. Whether that affected how Coach Richardson went about it this season, only he knows. But I don't think you can 100% dismiss the influence of social media and forums like this.

Good points. I have spent about an hour combing through a few threads already and have come to the solid conclusion that we have many NCP board member experts that are great candidates for our future scheduling committee! Bulldog nation is hiring!

Cookie...I think you can reasonably contribute most of the "hate" you read on here to "cybil" who claims to represent Folsom. Whomever that poster is with his/her 27 handles, he has done a great deal of damage to the real folks of the Bulldawg Nation....cool that dudes jets and I think NCP can get back to what it used to be.....

Well, judging by the fact that you replied and spend a lot of time doing it, it sure seems like you care. And there also the flip side to the rhetorical question you asked. If you really think about it, you'll probably figure out what that is.

I totally get the point you're making. But I'd counter with the point that those of us sharing ideas and talking football on this site aren't doing it with the purpose of these coaches reading or caring about what we say. This forum is merely to share a passion with like minded people and exchange info, ideas and opinions.

But having said that, there are also coaches that frequent this site (that are passionate of the sport themselves). Along with regular media outlets, they do read (and sometimes acknowledge) what is said about their programs. In some ways it can have an influence -- especially when the collective is critical of the same thing. Some might claim that Folsom has heard the criticism of their scheduling loudly the past couple years. Whether that affected how Coach Richardson went about it this season, only he knows. But I don't think you can 100% dismiss the influence of social media and forums like this.
This^^^ Wow!!! There needs to be a 5 likes button for this post.

First of all, Folsom's 2015 pre-season schedule is a good schedule for a team of Oak Ridge or Del Oro caliber. And it's obvious that YOU give a F about what I think since you're responding to my post with an excuse based slant for Folsom's weak scheduling practices prior to this season. That said, CVC is a pretty good team and I'd agree they were worthy of being on Folsom's schedule. Coach Tim Murphy is a solid coach and he always field a good team year in and year out.

Look I'm from the Central Valley and Clovis North isn't considered a football power by any stretch of YOUR imagination. Logistics??? Folsom schedules N.Clovis when they could have scheduled a home and away game with a SS power like Mission Viejo which has a lot of money. First game at home and second game on the road. The gate money from the first game would be a big haul towards the game in Southern Cal the next year. N. Clovis has had a few good seasons and one season when they lost to LBP in a state bowl game. The same LBP team that beat them 28-7 in that bowl game lost to Granite Bay the next week 21-20 in 2012 for the state title. They're no better than Burbank or Jesuit. Scheduling them did not benefit Folsom's football program. It may or may not have benefitted N. Clovis.

Excuse you, Cattolico last coached for PG during the 2013 season so save the drama for you know who. Folsom could have and should have replaced PG with another San Diego power like Helix or Oceanside after beating the brakes off Cathedral Catholic the previous season. This is also the time they should have been trying to schedule a SS Power like Mission Viejo, Chaminade, Oaks Christian and perhaps Cen10. Scheduling PG or sticking to an agreement after Cattolico left was just lazy and not beneficial if they're about challenging their team. After beating PG and coach Cattolico 4 times out of the last 5 games one would think Folsom and coach Richardson would look to strengthen their schedule not weaken it. To be honest, PG was only competitive with Folsom during the early years of PG's existence. They had back to back wins over Folsom in the 2007 & 2008 seasons. May I add Cattolico had a really good coaching staff then. If scheduling Burbank in 2015 made sense to you after winning two state championships you really don't have a clue when it comes to challenging your team. Burbanks Ex Coach Heff is a damn good coach but his Burbank program was never on Folsom's level of play and even someone like YOU know this.

Folsom's 2016 pre-season schedule doesn't get any better. I'm sure OOS programs like Chandler, AZ or Bingham, UT would love to play Folsom. The Idaho power doesn't stand up to the Folsom level of play but Chandler and Bingham probably will. Jesuit, really??? Man please!!! Folsom owned Jesuit for at least the past four matchups prior to this meeting. Wow!!! PG again after coach Cattolico and his staff has long been gone. Sac High, really??? What city school has won anything other than Grant? And btw, Folsom has owned Grant for about a decade. Not to take anything away from Sac High because they had the talent and coaching to beat Folsom. The problem is Sac didn't garner the resume to play a two time state champion of Folsom's caliber. Had Sac knocked off a team like St. Mary's, Del Oro, Granite, Bellarmine, Serra, St. Francis or Pittsburg than I can see them getting a call from Folsom or visa versa.

Folsom's 2017 pre-season schedule is a joke and would make a mockery of what challenging yourself is all about. I'm curious to know why they couldn't remove the home game with CDA and replaced it with a SS power? Once again, not a challenging game and we all knew it. But, if Folsom would have scheduled a team like Bingham, UT or Chandler, AZ they would have been challenged and all bets off on who would win. Jesuit again??? Even you know this doesn't make any sense lol. I have no problem with scheduling Oakdale @ the Carrol. That's the only pre-season game in 2017 that made any sense whatsoever prior to Sac upsetting Folsom the year before. I guess after losing to Sac High it made sense to play them in a rematch.

News flash, more posters than you can imagine believes Folsom should have a more challenging pre-season schedule. My assessment of YOU is you're full of excuses for Folsom's pre-season scheduling. You say it's logistics, it's administration, it's the age of the kids and money. But to be honest, in YOUR mind you don't believe it's important to challenge your program/team if you don't have to. I call that being lazy. Why does Folsom have a football team if they're not willing to challenge themselves at the highest level possible? I don't know a team on their level of play that doesn't challenge themselves every now-and-then. Do you? They could have schedule a marquee game with a SS power in those three years but they didn't. Are they scared or is it what you say, logistics.

Today, why don't we stop the excuses for Folsom's past pre-season scheduling habits and hope they continue what they've started this year. Hope this is something we can agree upon. Respect to the many years of success to the Folsom football program, players and coaches. They're a big time program. Hoping they continue to play big boy opponents while they're really good.

Again Junkie, you are assuming with no actual knowledge that the
"SS Powers" wanted games with Folsom. How do you know? I actually know people in the program that say otherwise. My point is, YOU know nothing in this regard and only have respect from the NCP forum and nobody in the actual coaching community. Lazy? From your keyboard and screen it maybe lazy, but there is a little more that goes into scheduling non-league games, but in YOUR mind it's lazy and YOUR opinion they aren't challenging themselves.

"SS Powers" wanted games with Folsom. How do you know? I actually know people in the program that say otherwise. My point is, YOU know nothing in this regard and only have respect from the NCP forum and nobody in the actual coaching community. Lazy? From your keyboard and screen it maybe lazy, but there is a little more that goes into scheduling non-league games, but in YOUR mind it's lazy and YOUR opinion they aren't challenging themselves.
The fact is it was via Twitter that SJB said they had 5 different dates they would love to have played Folsom on. CC had two and both said they would travel. But one thing over looked is that Folsom already had obligations. You can’t just dump one for another. It took DO and AV to agree to play each other for the dls game to happen. I think some people think it’s as easy as saying ok we will play you. It’s not. It’s one thing if you have an open date but when you agree to play someone you can’t just dump them for a better team.

Reactions: s2h17
I agree with my friend Tony Wood. He couldn't have said it better. Folsom fans are not well represented on this forum, nor do they care to be. It does seem that Folsom haters are well represented on here, and that is just fine. I will also echo was Tony said in regards to most of Bulldog nation giving two sh**s about NCPs and what the "anonymous" users on here think of Folsom. Folsom is an amazing community to live in that happens to have an amazing football program, from the youth level, all the way to the varsity level. They have great homegrown talent as well as attract kids from out of the area who want to be part of Bulldog nation and have a great shot to be seen by scouts at the next level. There are other positive reasons for this too, but I will spare the board my soapbox for now.

I can assure you that coming to any Folsom home game, to enjoy the stadium, the sights, the food, and the company is an amazing experience. The Bulldog nation parents, community, and kids are second to none. It is one of the best places to catch a game in all of CA. We welcome all, even those who seem to have an axe to grind. We don't care, come join us!

As Tony stated, there are not many Folsom parents, or even community members on this site. But, believe that we do read and talk a lot about what is said on here. Many great topics from this forum have come up over beers, tailgating in the Prairie City Stadium Parking lot! So for that, I would like to thank many of you on behalf of Bulldog nation. Another user (not sure who), said it best when they stated that the Bulldog nation in general could give two sh**s about what is said in here in regards to a "national schedule" or playing every Tom, Dick, & Harry from Southern California. We could care less about Strength of Schedule, or "national respect." From reading these forums for years, it appears that we already have a great deal of respect from the national coaching community and fans. Not that it matters. We have the support of our city and local community as a whole, which is what really runs football at the HS level. As parents, boosters, or community members, we are focused on the development of our young men into fine adults. If they turn out to be great football players, then so be it. But, I believe our academic record speaks for itself and often gets lost in much of this online chatter. Our team represents Bulldog nation and our community members. At the end of the day, we don't really care if we win this championship, or that championship. It is about more than that, and many of you are welcome to come experience this any time. You are all invited.

For our few supporters our there- keep on, keep keepin on! Bulldog nation!

To our fairly small group of haters- We love you too!
First of all, I'm going to clear my name from the Folsom hater club. As a matter of fact, I'll go as far to say I love the way Folsom plays and enjoy watching them. And to be totally honest, I root for them to win 97.9% of the time believe it or not. The only time I've went against Folsom the past few years is when they played heavy underdogs Sac High and Oakdale. Whenever they play someone that poses a challenge I'm with Bulldog Nation. In the big game against St. Mary's for the section championship I was with Folsom. In the two big games against DLS I leaned toward DLS because I've followed them a lot longer than I've followed Folsom as a coach. In the big NorCal Open game against Bellarmine I was with Folsom and had to eat crow on this site when the CCS posters ragged us for a year. In all three state bowl games (Serra, Oceanside and Helix) I rooted for Folsom. There's many more big time games in which I rooted for Folsom so I hope you see it's not about hating Folsom but hoping Folsom continue to challenge their football program as they did this season.

Secondly, you said Folsom fans are not well represented on this site/forum which is not true and btw that shouldn't matter. But if knowledgeable posters like myself and many others continue to see schools schedule teams that their familiar with and continue to beat year after year, that matters to many here. I'm sure you know this isn't the Bulldog Nation personal website. So I'm hoping you see that your beloved Bulldogs will be scrutinized just like any other program in the country on this site. That's only fair.

Thirdly, I give the city and local community of Folsom major props for supporting their local high school programs. I've coached against Folsom back in the day and I know first hand how that community supports and respects their sports programs. I would say Folsom has one of the best fan base in all of Norcal. And I've seen plenty of them in three of the four (NCS, SJS and CCS) NorCal sections. Now I will say this, at the end of the day you and many fans or supporters of the Folsom football team might not care if you win but if you know coach Richardson he's very competitive and does not want to lose at anything. So for a fan or parent to come on this site and expect others to treat their team with kid gloves is quite rich to say the least. I've coached across from coach Richardson and he's not the only coach with a passion to win every game they coach. Hoping this helps you to understand posters are not necessarily haters when they point out a pattern that sticks out like a sore thumb to them. Respect to the Folsom football program and I'm rooting for them in the State Championship game if that becomes their final destination this season.

I know more about scheduling than YOU'RE given me credit for. That said, coach Richardson did Folsom a great service by scheduling a SS power this season in (Chaminade). I'll leave that right there and let those that know more than I continue on..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT