ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2017
Guys- after lurking and posting occasionally, I hate noticed excessive hatred of the Folsom program? My question is why? I enjoy watching them play and my kids attend and play at Vista. Kris Richardson is a great coach and even better man/teacher.

Why so much hate for this program? Shouldn't we all be proud?

Guys- after lurking and posting occasionally, I hate noticed excessive hatred of the Folsom program? My question is why? I enjoy watching them play and my kids attend and play at Vista. Kris Richardson is a great coach and even better man/teacher.

Maybe it’s just hate to one poster

Totally agree with poster future. That said, I respect what Kris Richardson has going on at Folsom for the last 8 years or so but his preseason SOS has everyone in the NorCal football community very disappointed. Other than that Folsom has my respect. I think it would be exciting for the SJS and NorCal football in general to see Grant inherit an offense similar to Folsom.

I respect what Kris Richardson has going on at Folsom for the last 8 years
Folsom has my respect.
I agree with you. Amazing program who has had an amazing run the last 8 years or so. They seem to have put more kids on the D1 college map than anyone else in the area. They have a handful of kids that will play on Sundays. Pretty cool if you ask me.

I'm a big fan and hope for some cool match ups in the future.

Congrats to you Folsom!

Sincerely,
A big fan

Heard nothing but amazing things about this school and program. I wish my alma mater had a program like this. We're lucky enough to get an old snack shack up and running.

I don't think people hate Folsom they hate the local troll with multiple handles who makes everything about Folsom, or Browning, etc....... I tend to think he started this thread since he hasn't chimed in yet and title is "Folsom hate" That would no doubt attract G61, FolsomBD etc....

The fact that he hasn’t said anything yet makes me believe that he has another account this is too up his alley for him not to be commenting back and forth all day...as a grant fan I have nothing about folsoms program but TFB makes me hate them like many of you already stated he will turn everything Folsom and the “ folsom is a sought after destination, we don’t recruit” line is by far my favorite because many already proved their current players are from outside the region...but kudos to folsom high school for maintaining success for almost a straight decade of elite football

I agree with you. Amazing program who has had an amazing run the last 8 years or so. They seem to have put more kids on the D1 college map than anyone else in the area. They have a handful of kids that will play on Sundays. Pretty cool if you ask me.

I'm a big fan and hope for some cool match ups in the future.

Congrats to you Folsom!

Sincerely,
A big fan
Right on. Great program. Blessed to be in the same city as them. Good measuring stick for our program.

NCAL posters and posters in general to these forums would have a lot more respect for the Folsom program if they would step up their Non-Conference level of competition and quite hiding behind the Div1 bracket level as to avoid playing in the Northern California Open Division. There are numerous NCAL schools that step up every year regardless if they want to or not and compete in the Open Division. And yes they all know to win Open they have to go through DLS. When Folsom blatantly avoids that level of competition, any comments to the contrary continue the hate.

Reactions: future10
NCAL posters and posters in general to these forums would have a lot more respect for the Folsom program if they would step up their Non-Conference level of competition and quite hiding behind the Div1 bracket level as to avoid playing in the Northern California Open Division. There are numerous NCAL schools that step up every year regardless if they want to or not and compete in the Open Division. And yes they all know to win Open they have to go through DLS. When Folsom blatantly avoids that level of competition, any comments to the contrary continue the hate.
It is my understanding that Folsom competes generally with the other top public schools in NorCal and SoCal. Why would Folsom "step up" to play private schools in an open division that has no restrictions, where Folsom does have public school restrictions? Wouldn't that be an "unfair" advantage for most schools you speak of and compare to? I think so.

A neat comparison would be an NFL team with no salary cap playing against another NFL team with a salary cap. Wouldn't it be silly for the NFL team with no salary cap to be calling out the successful NFL teams with a salary cap?

Should private school powers "step up" and operate under district boundaries to play Folsom? Why not?

Reactions: awood1
The fact that he hasn’t said anything yet makes me believe that he has another account this is too up his alley for him not to be commenting back and forth all day...as a grant fan I have nothing about folsoms program but TFB makes me hate them like many of you already stated he will turn everything Folsom and the “ folsom is a sought after destination, we don’t recruit” line is by far my favorite because many already proved their current players are from outside the region...but kudos to folsom high school for maintaining success for almost a straight decade of elite football
Exactly future, now the same guy has hi-jacked my moniker by creating FootballJunkY with a "Y" at the end of Junkie not with "IE" in which I originally created. What makes the matter worst the guy intentionally trolls me which makes it look like I'm posting something that I wouldn't post. I've e-mailed NorCalpreps about this character but as of yet he's still posting and trolling. He's obviously not a serious poster. Crazy

I
It is my understanding that Folsom competes generally with the other top public schools in NorCal and SoCal. Why would Folsom "step up" to play private schools in an open division that has no restrictions, where Folsom does have public school restrictions? Wouldn't that be an "unfair" advantage for most schools you speak of and compare to? I think so.

A neat comparison would be an NFL team with no salary cap playing against another NFL team with a salary cap. Wouldn't it be silly for the NFL team with no salary cap to be calling out the successful NFL teams with a salary cap?

Should private school powers "step up" and operate under district boundaries to play Folsom? Why not?[/QUOTE

Incase you haven’t been on here in a while many have proved that Folsom has gained players (their best players) from outside of the city (from Reno-Elk Grove) which puts it closer to a private...if Folsom can schedule the smaller private schools why not schedule the ones that are also ranked as high as you..if you are the 2nd best team in nor cal top 25 in state you shouldn’t hide from competition...this topic is well covered on here..I think we are just tired of hearing how great folsom is but gotta watch Del Oro schedule all the teams Folsom should be playing

I hate to inject logic into the emotion, but this post makes zero sense. Criticism of their non-league schedule is debatable. They played the current #6, #7 and #8 teams in the section, plus the #2 team from the state of Idaho. There is no team in the SJS that played a tougher schedule. I highly doubt that there are more than a team or two in Norcal that played a tougher pres-season schedule (other than DLS). All told, they will play at least 6 of the top ten teams in the SJS.

But if you want to criticize them for not playing a SoCal power, have at it. Other than private schools, which public schools in NorCal played a SoCal power in their pre-season schedule?

And there is no such thing as 'opting' into the Norcal Open game. First, there is no Norcal Open game to opt into. It does not exist. Second, the Open team is chosen by the CIF and there is no such thing as nominating your own team. Third, the SJS does not have an Open division. You may be thinking of the CCS, where they can opt into the Open playoffs for their section. But this has no carry-over to the state games.

7 was at that exact time. They went on to have about 11 about 2 months later. That doesn't count the others who got rides to non d1 programs

Personally I like Folsom. Been fun to watch them over the years. Wish they would step out a little more and represent Northern California but its their right to choose not to.

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
I hate to inject logic into the emotion, but this post makes zero sense. Criticism of their non-league schedule is debatable. They played the current #6, #7 and #8 teams in the section, plus the #2 team from the state of Idaho. There is no team in the SJS that played a tougher schedule. I highly doubt that there are more than a team or two in Norcal that played a tougher pres-season schedule (other than DLS). All told, they will play at least 6 of the top ten teams in the SJS.

But if you want to criticize them for not playing a SoCal power, have at it. Other than private schools, which public schools in NorCal played a SoCal power in their pre-season schedule?

And there is no such thing as 'opting' into the Norcal Open game. First, there is no Norcal Open game to opt into. It does not exist. Second, the Open team is chosen by the CIF and there is no such thing as nominating your own team. Third, the SJS does not have an Open division. You may be thinking of the CCS, where they can opt into the Open playoffs for their section. But this has no carry-over to the state games.
Exactly. Great details. I personally love this program. I am proud and hope they represent us well if they can make it to state this year. For a public school to do so well for a sustained period of time is really remarkable.

My wife and I regularly attend games and we don't even have kids that attend. I just like that football.

Cool beans guys!

Del Oro plays whoever whenever
Pitt has played the so cal version of Folsom cenn ten
Sac high played serra
St. Mary’s played Mater Dei, dls
Central playes dls
Jesuit played dls
I know it’s some privates but all are still under Folsom and Folsom isn’t a true public when their main pieces were transfered in.. put this topic has been over discussed Folsom needs to schedule other teams on their level...if you schedule a private why central catholic it’s a small school and what does being 2nd in Idaho prove in California..and sac high can’t even win a d2 title..and for Jesuit is another non power private school none of those teams you’d find on a she’d of a top 25 national teams schedule

Sac high played serra
Central playes dls
Jesuit played dls
I know it’s some privates but all are still under Folsom and Folsom isn’t a true public when their main pieces were transfered in.. put this topic has been over discussed Folsom needs to schedule other teams on their level...if you schedule a private why central catholic it’s a small school and what does being 2nd in Idaho prove in California..and sac high can’t even win a d2 title..and for Jesuit is another non power private school none of those teams you’d find on a she’d of a top 25 national teams schedule
Didn't you pick Sac High to beat Folsom if I'm not mistaken? Wouldn't that say you thought Sac High was better? So in theory that was a great schedule.

Should private school powers "step up" and operate under district boundaries to play Folsom? Why not?
This is scared man talking.Still haven’t left the two DLS beatings in the past.Public school Centennial has no problem playing all comers ,MD,SJB,DLS and national recruiting IMG.City Section Narbonne plays Southern Section privates every year and the #1 ranked Hawaii team St.Louis. This year.There really is no excuse.Folsom just doesn’t want to play the very best which is fine just be truthful about it

This is scared man talking.Still haven’t left the two DLS beatings in the past.Public school Centennial has no problem playing all comers ,MD,SJB,DLS and national recruiting IMG.City Section Narbonne plays Southern Section privates every year and the #1 ranked Hawaii team St.Louis. This year.There really is no excuse.Folsom just doesn’t want to play the very best which is fine just be truthful about it
Two examples out of the whole state is not representative of the point you're trying to make. Good try though.

Just congratulate the program and move on. Apple's to oranges my friend.

The goal is the next level. Turn on big college games. Littered with Folsom players. Many more than DLS. At the end of the day, no one cares about high school wins and losses. The goal is the next level.

Didn't you pick Sac High to beat Folsom if I'm not mistaken? Wouldn't that say you thought Sac High was better? So in theory that was a great schedule.

What made that a great schedule? Cause they scheduled a team with no football history and they lose to em? It was a pure match up problem for Folsom both years...and sac high has the type of team Folsom generally will just wait to face if need be but not by intent..and high TFB what happened to the other account ?

What made that a great schedule? Cause they scheduled a team with no football history and they lose to em? It was a pure match up problem for Folsom both years...and sac high has the type of team Folsom generally will just wait to face if need be but not by intent..and high TFB what happened to the other account ?
You avoided my question. Didn't you pick them to win? So Folsom was the underdog in this game in your opinion?

Two examples out of the whole state is not representative of the point you're trying to make. Good try though.

Just congratulate the program and move on. Apple's to oranges my friend.

The goal is the next level. Turn on big college games. Littered with Folsom players. Many more than DLS. At the end of the day, no one cares about high school wins and losses. The goal is the next level.
Lol head in the sand much. you’v Been given numerous examples of public’s testing themselves both north and south like I said it’s ok to have the philosophy that Folsom has just own it.Hell even a team that complains about having to participate in a playoff bracket with privates like Mission Viejo still went out and scheduled New Jersey private school power Don Bosco Prep....twice

Lol head in the sand much. you’v Been given numerous examples of public’s testing themselves both north and south like I said it’s ok to have the philosophy that Folsom has just own it.Hell even a team that complains about having to participate in a playoff bracket with privates like Mission Viejo still went out and scheduled New Jersey private school power Don Bosco Prep....twice
A few examples out of thousands of public schools. Sounds like it's cool and everyone is doing it.

You avoided my question. Didn't you pick them to win? So Folsom was the underdog in this game in your opinion?

Great sjs team has zero interest in playing the big boys they’ll play all the lower privates and sac bee top 10 all day...and about sac high don’t be surprised if Folsom never schedules them again...

A few examples out of thousands of public schools. Sounds like it's cool and everyone is doing it.
No just the best public’s which I assume Folsom claims to be a member of.Again there is nothing wrong with Folsom philosophy just own it and stop making excuses for it

Reactions: future10
He might actually admit
No just the best public’s which I assume Folsom claims to be a member of.Again there is nothing wrong with Folsom philosophy just own it and stop making excuses for it
he actually might admit on this account he will take it to the grave on the TFB account...Folsom is a great program that probably schedules likes a middle sfl team

The level of insecurity from some fans has reached new heights. This thread title is a prime example of how true that statement really is. Anybody that doesn't buy into Folsom being at the center of the universe is dismissed as a hater. Millennialism is one helluva drug!

BTW ararar I know you frequent the SoCal and National boards more than this site so you may not be aware that there are a couple regulars masquerading around the site using a multitude of different handles yet with the same tired agenda.

That tactic would end fairly quickly if the powers that be would prevent multiple account creation from the same IP pool or at the very least include the IP in the metadata of the reply. At least you'd really know who you're talking to. Unfortunately the grown ups of this site are only left with option to keep adding names to the ignore list once the rogue accounts are identified.

Sac high played serra
Central playes dls
Jesuit played dls

Why would Folsom waste there time with Serra, when Sac High beat them. Also overall, Folsom’s strength of schedule is more difficult than DLS. Every team Folsom plays (other than Woodcreek or NU) is ranked in or around the top 500 nationwide. DLS played Gorman and St. John’s, but other than that nothing special. Additionally, flip the situation. See it as DLS played Central and DLS played Jesuit, where is their criticism. Folsom also played Jesuit, and Oakdale is better than Central.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT