ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom open enrollment

Agreed. And it will up the anty big time if they beat the Green Machine in week 0.

.....and flipping that on its head...if they were to lose to the Green Machine in week 0, they would have a huge "kick me" sign taped to their backsides for the rest of their season with that schedule...

Reactions: thekingera
I'm not sure about free tuition. I do know that the contra costs times offered $10,000 to anyone with proff of DLS recruiting players. No one has collected. And wasn't McKenzie let go because of camps?
DLS has Strict rules when it comes to there players attending camps. McKenzie wanted to go to about 4 different camps. DLS allows one. And that one has to be approved. Camps are a vacation from the 6 days a week work outs that the players go threw 49 weeks a year. Weights, Circuits, pulling tires, etc.... McKenzie hated the grind. When you are the #2 lineman in the country, the only thing camp is going to do is prove that you are, prove that your not, or get you hurt.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I know more about DLS then you do, and they give no one free Tuition. That is totally FALSE. Najee Harris Applied at DLS. He didn’t finish his application so he wasn’t excepting. You have no idea what the kids at DLS go through in a calendar year. and for some idiot to say they “swoop” in and give a kid free tuition is Ridiculous. I guarantee you NO school in the country works harder then DLS. Most kids can’t do it. Yes they can take kids from anywhere, but I don’t care who you are you will work your ass off or your gone. McKenzie is a perfect example. It’s so funny once you start to win Idiots want to accuse you of

Sor
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I know more about DLS then you do, and they give no one free Tuition. That is totally FALSE. Najee Harris Applied at DLS. He didn’t finish his application so he wasn’t excepting. You have no idea what the kids at DLS go through in a calendar year. and for some idiot to say they “swoop” in and give a kid free tuition is Ridiculous. I guarantee you NO school in the country works harder then DLS. Most kids can’t do it. Yes they can take kids from anywhere, but I don’t care who you are you will work your ass off or your gone. McKenzie is a perfect example. It’s so funny once you start to win Idiots want to accuse you of cheating.

Sorry maybe “free” is the wrong word. I mean “financial aid”. And mckenzie is a terrible example for your case. He’s an example of someone who did not need dls to get where he was going. Oh and all the incoming frosh that have been denied tuition or have been wait listed but magically are admitted after attending the football camp in the summer is just coincidence. Or the kids who coincidentally get the financial aid package that they needed after the football camp. It’s all there. Apparently your not close enough.

So what if the CC Times offered? That was years ago. deLa’s “networking” falls just below the NCS undue influence barometer, and so close to it Lemmon wouldn’t risk losing an entire years’ budget to litigate it. He did nail Lopoz/dLS and the Tracy CC runner with a one year penalty.

Sorry maybe “free” is the wrong word. I mean “financial aid”. And mckenzie is a terrible example for your case. He’s an example of someone who did not need dls to get where he was going. Oh and all the incoming frosh that have been denied tuition or have been wait listed but magically are admitted after attending the football camp in the summer is just coincidence. Or the kids who coincidentally get the financial aid package that they needed after the football camp. It’s all there. Apparently your not close enough.
Dirtbag7.... you are so lost you can’t be brought back. I’m in the program way more then you will ever know. Ask anyone here who called the Folsom vs DLS game a week before it was confirmed. Everyone calling me a troll and saying I’m pushing false info. Of course if you qualify you can get financial aid, SO WHAT. Kids that want to play football at DLS go to DLS’s camp. SO WHAT. You have no clue what your talking about.

So what if the CC Times offered? That was years ago. deLa’s “networking” falls just below the NCS undue influence barometer, and so close to it Lemmon wouldn’t risk losing an entire years’ budget to litigate it. He did nail Lopoz/dLS and the Tracy CC runner with a one year penalty.
You just proved you know less then dirtbag7.

“In the program.”
Bob must’ve approved the screen name.....NOT!

Last edited:
And there you have it folks! Mr. “I’m in the program more than you know” not knowing who the Big Cheese is = small fry. LOL.

A for effort though.

And no, I’m still not G6.....!

Reactions: observer22
And there you have it folks! Mr. “I’m in the program more than you know” not knowing who the Big Cheese is = small fry. LOL.

A for effort though.

And no, I’m still not G6.....!
Zero credibility. The big cheese is Justin. So there you have it. Bob has been a role player for years. And I never said I was “in” the program. You and ob22 deserve each other. You have a lot of “G61” Mannerisms. You lose, done.

F for Failure

Last edited:
I don't think DLS is doing anything wrong. We also have a robust camp and youth program. That is part of the success of the program. I think most would agree.

I am not all that sure on free tuition or scholarships, nor do I care. But I do know DLSs best player is from Sacramento and attended Burbank High his freshman year. There is no way he or his family is paying 18k a year for tuition, coming from the neighborhood around Burbank High. Those in the Sac area know exactly what I mean.

What that said- there is nothing wrong with anything stated above. I believe what is best for the kid is what counts.

Is it August yet!?

Financial Aid at DLS is processed through Facts Management which is an independent 3rd party company that evaluates and manages grants and financial aid. Nearly all the WCAL schools and DLS will use these types of companies to manage financial aid. DLS website states 30% of students receive financial aid with 50% of tuition being the average grant. Note that the Admission process is completely separate from the Financial Aid process. Are they football players on DLS team receiving aid? I'm sure there are. Since admission/athletics are not taken into account by Facts Mgmt (there is no place in the application to even include this info), you would expect similar ratios, 30% of players and 50% of tuition.

The point is that DLS runs a series of pre-high school football camps that targets kids from Pittsburg, Antioch, San Ramon and all over the area. If a non-private HS would do the same thing in the SJS, the section would call that 'undue influence' and would harshly punish the program. DLS does it with impunity and while not illegal, it shows the disparity in the rules between publics and privates. I know many east bay coaches that hate the fact that they are playing DLS with the best kids from their attendance area wearing green.

Scholarships are different since there is no public need for tuition. I am not saying DLS does anything beyond the rules, but it is interesting that they find a way to get tuition assistance (and transportation assistance) to kids coming from out of the area.

To be fair, WINNING is what draws kids to the school. And for them to find a way to enroll great athletes that want to attend is a natural outcome.

I am not trying to be snarkey but didn't TT and BF run a QB camp and have deep influence on players enrolled.....I know many players enrolled in said camp and have heard many a story......Just saying, camp, AAU what ever, it allows coaches time and influence over players.....

Reactions: Deltadodger
Apples and Oranges.

DLS runs camps targeting pre-high schools students.
The DLS camp is run ONLY by DLS coaches.
The DLS camps are conducted at DLS
The DLS camps take players from any position.
DLS Camps

The Passing Academy is targeted to high school and college QB's with some pre-high school players.
The coaches are a mix of local coaches with only a few coaches from Folsom.
Passing Academy is ONLY for QB's.
The Passing Academy was at Sac State (2017) and Sierra College (2018) (as well as Davis for the younger kids). None of these sites are really close to Folsom.
Passing Academy

The point is that if you wanted to recruit, you would setup camps like DLS. Passing Academy is clearly not designed to recruit.

Reactions: thekingera and 1315
Apples and Oranges.

DLS Camps

The Passing Academy is targeted to high school and college QB's with some pre-high school players.
The Passing Academy was at Sac State (2017) and Sierra College (2018) (as well as Davis for the younger kids). None of these sites are really close to Folsom.
Passing Academy

The point is that if you wanted to recruit, you would setup camps like DLS. Passing Academy is clearly not designed to recruit.
If you have youth football feeder programs that run some semblance of the high schools offense that’s not a disadvantage either. Doesn’t Folsom have that? I’m asking. I’ve heard that, but I don’t live up there so I don’t know.

Dirtbag7.... you are so lost you can’t be brought back. I’m in the program way more then you will ever know. Ask anyone here who called the Folsom vs DLS game a week before it was confirmed. Everyone calling me a troll and saying I’m pushing false info. Of course if you qualify you can get financial aid, SO WHAT. Kids that want to play football at DLS go to DLS’s camp. SO WHAT. You have no clue what your talking about.

Zero credibility. The big cheese is Justin. So there you have it. Bob has been a role player for years. And I never said I was “in” the program. You and ob22 deserve each other. You have a lot of “G61” Mannerisms. You lose, done.

F for Failure

@#45- “I’m in the program way than you’ll ever know.” Then allEnvy edits #50; “And I never said I was “in” the program.”

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

If you have youth football feeder programs that run some semblance of the high schools offense that’s not a disadvantage either. Doesn’t Folsom have that? I’m asking. I’ve heard that, but I don’t live up there so I don’t know.

Youth football feeders make a measurable difference early on. Yet it’s proven really good coaches encourage and embrace the multi sport kids who, although new to the sport, can make or break a varsity season once they reach that level.

Plenty of Chris Hogans out there.

Apples and Oranges.

DLS Camps

Passing Academy

Be interested to know how many of Folsom's QB'S in the last 10 years attended the passing academy??? The location really doesn't matter. What matters is who owns and runs the camp......The name TT carries allot of weight by parents and deservedly so....In no way do I think they get linemen or anyone else from that camp..

Be interested to know how many of Folsom's QB'S in the last 10 years attended the passing academy??? .

I would assume the answer is 100%. I would also assume that all of the junior bulldogs and all of the high school backups attend as well. I have seen the camp in person and the kids from Folsom are maybe 5% of the attendees. But I don't see why that is relevant to the topic at hand. They train QB's from all over the area, including QB's that play for their rivals and kids that play for the local JC's.

Maybe - just maybe - the Passing Academy coaches are really just trying to help kids get better. That would be my assumption given that the focus of the camp is on kids who are already in high school and college. I know that I am crapping on your pre-held opinion that Folsom recruits at this camp, but couldn't a kid who attended the camp just as easily attend the high school from one of the other coaches? Or maybe you should talk to any of the numerous kids that have attended the camp to see if they were recruited? I wouldn't want facts to get in the way of your feelings.

But the issue for discussion was the disparity of the rules between publics and privates. And the fact that any public school who emulated what DLS does with their camps would be in serious violation of section rules.

I would assume the answer is 100%. I would also assume that all of the junior bulldogs and all of the high school backups attend as well. I have seen the camp in person and the kids from Folsom are maybe 5% of the attendees. But I don't see why that is relevant to the topic at hand. They train QB's from all over the area, including QB's that play for their rivals and kids that play for the local JC's.

Maybe - just maybe - the Passing Academy coaches are really just trying to help kids get better. That would be my assumption given that the focus of the camp is on kids who are already in high school and college. I know that I am crapping on your pre-held opinion that Folsom recruits at this camp, but couldn't a kid who attended the camp just as easily attend the high school from one of the other coaches? Or maybe you should talk to any of the numerous kids that have attended the camp to see if they were recruited? I wouldn't want facts to get in the way of your feelings.

But the issue for discussion was the disparity of the rules between publics and privates. And the fact that any public school who emulated what DLS does with their camps would be in serious violation of section rules.

Or maybe Folsom just has a better high school football program - from coaching, to activities, to teammates, to tradition, to scout exposure, to brotherhood, to competition to make oneself better - than any of the other programs in the area. Think on that.

Or maybe Folsom just has a better high school football program - from coaching, to activities, to teammates, to tradition, to scout exposure, to brotherhood, to competition to make oneself better - than any of the other programs in the area. Think on that.
100 percent spot on.

Don't get sour bc I asked about the camp RUN by TT and BF.....You are correct that all the Folsom QB's have attended the camp. So if that is so then why is it an issue if DLS runs a camp? FYI I don't feel that Folsom has a little yellow bus running around picking up players and delivering them.......I know more than a handful that have attended and know several coaches whom have worked the camp. They have said it is not a recruitment center but I can't imagine that there is ZERO influence just by being there......

Apples and Oranges.

DLS Camps

Passing Academy

So what exactly is it y'all are crying unfair about?

Don't get sour bc I asked about the camp RUN by TT and BF.....You are correct that all the Folsom QB's have attended the camp. So if that is so then why is it an issue if DLS runs a camp? FYI I don't feel that Folsom has a little yellow bus running around picking up players and delivering them.......I know more than a handful that have attended and know several coaches whom have worked the camp. They have said it is not a recruitment center but I can't imagine that there is ZERO influence just by being there......

I'd say DLS should go for it. They have a great, historic program. You don't have to visit to know that.

Reactions: WWHS44

Folsom has also hired coaches from other schools at these camps. Their wr coach specifically was hired based on what he showed at the camp. I know him personally. Great man had nothing but positive things to say about bulldog program but when asked about the Reno express or the kids from sac/Elk Grove you won’t get nothing out of him besides “ from what I’ve been told all our kids lives in Folsom and played youth football together”.
You can say winning and success is a recruiting tool but don’t overlook the fact that coaches also go out and pluck talent away from outside their footprints. This is folsoms main way to stay successful. Like I stated before they lured my nephew away from sac high jv team him and two of his teammates. And btw camps are also recruiting tools anybody with a talent kid would tell you that

You could have the best big boy, super star, out of this world camp, but nobody is coming to your school if you aren't winning and aren't going to be seen.

I think simply attending a Folsom practice or home game simply settles the conversation. Or the list of where the kids are going to college. Done deal.

DLS runs a camp for just about every sport they have. It generates money for the program. The program is what brings the good players. But most people don’t want to hear that. They win to much, so they have to be cheating. I feel the same about Folsom. I feel that there program brings players. You would be a fool to think the Reno brothers weren’t going D-1 without Folsom. But now they have the opportunity to play some of the best teams in the country, and the chance to win a CIF state championships.
Winning=cheating

DLS runs a camp for just about every sport they have. It generates money for the program. The program is what brings the good players. But most people don’t want to hear that. They win to much, so they have to be cheating. I feel the same about Folsom. I feel that there program brings players. You would be a fool to think the Reno brothers weren’t going D-1 without Folsom. But now they have the opportunity to play some of the best teams in the country, and the chance to win a CIF state championships.
Winning=cheating
Great points. I think some posters are just butter. If you want the best kids to go to your schools, then have the camps. Have the best program. Have the new traditions. If you build it they will come. Kids want maximum exposure nowadays.

And you have been around all the top 3
You could have the best big boy, super star, out of this world camp, but nobody is coming to your school if you aren't winning and aren't going to be seen.

If ur a recuiter who misses out on a top recruit that is his recruiting area because the players team loses games....That recuiter will be looking for a new school to coach at

Reactions: feedback1
I dislike dls as much as anyone. I won't go out and buy Folsom gear but I will wear blue and red at the game. One thing I will say about dls camps, my best friends son went to it in 2012. Was given best lineman award, and his dad said that coaching staff avoided him like he had full blown aids. I'm not saying they are on the up and up. But I can say without a doubt if they use that camp to recruit. this kid would of heard something from someone. I do hope Folsom can find a way to pull off the upset. They have the best chance I've seen in a long time.

dLS parents coerce prospects as subtly as possible. Why risk exposure?
Like the time the politician realtor had five very sturdy dudes for lunch at the local Chinese. They’d obviously finished their morning pour (no offense C17) and got some free bites talking about the Big 10 waiting for the set. I’m sure they weren’t there to buy some commercial 94568 real estate.

Why does everyone on here throw shade at different programs? Everyone that follows high school football knows most of the programs than are good every year gets kids from outside their boundaries. That's just the way it is. Not really recruiting,just good player want to win. They will go to proven programs. Why wouldn't they ? More exposure to college scouts.

Why does everyone on here throw shade at different programs? Everyone that follows high school football knows most of the programs than are good every year gets kids from outside their boundaries. That's just the way it is. Not really recruiting,just good player want to win. They will go to proven programs. Why wouldn't they ? More exposure to college scouts.
It's usually the same people. They are usually upset the same programs keep beating theirs. Pretty simple.

I actually root for other schools besides my own. I don't get the hatorade

Reactions: aztecpadre
I dislike dls as much as anyone. I won't go out and buy Folsom gear but I will wear blue and red at the game. One thing I will say about dls camps, my best friends son went to it in 2012. Was given best lineman award, and his dad said that coaching staff avoided him like he had full blown aids. I'm not saying they are on the up and up. But I can say without a doubt if they use that camp to recruit. this kid would of heard something from someone. I do hope Folsom can find a way to pull off the upset. They have the best chance I've seen in a long time.
Why do you dislike DLS? Just curious

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT