ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom open enrollment

Why do you dislike DLS? Just curious
Simple. They have an unfair advantage. I used to coach along time ago. They took two of the best players we ever had around here. I feel like if you want to go to dls you should have to go to catholic grade school. And some do. Most don't. I personally know people that conveniently got religion when it came time for there kid to play high school football. Those people are FAKE. Just My opinion.

Reactions: feedback1
It's usually the same people. They are usually upset the same programs keep beating theirs. Pretty simple.

I actually root for other schools besides my own. I don't get the hatorade
I am a high school football fanatic. I try to see as many different teams play. As an Oakdale alumni that's my team. But my girls and I drove up to watch DLS play Del Oro. Drove up to see Placer play for section championships. Went to see Mo hi play Jesuit. Have seen SLS several times. I love watching the line play. Hard pressed to think of any teem with the line play like DLS.

Simple. They have an unfair advantage. I used to coach along time ago. They took two of the best players we ever had around here. I feel like if you want to go to dls you should have to go to catholic grade school. And some do. Most don't. I personally know people that conveniently got religion when it came time for there kid to play high school football. Those people are FAKE. Just My opinion.
People are quick to throw stones when it fits their agenda. People went haywire and called the CIF in mass because of the "Reno Express." Yet nobody ever mentions that DLSs star player and 5 star recruit is from Sacramento and attended Burbank High his freshman year.

None of the above examples are illegal or wrong in any way. I am just pointing out the stone throwing that occurs when people's agendas get in the way of their love for the game.

People are quick to throw stones when it fits their agenda. People went haywire and called the CIF in mass because of the "Reno Express." Yet nobody ever mentions that DLSs star player and 5 star recruit is from Sacramento and attended Burbank High his freshman year.

None of the above examples are illegal or wrong in any way. I am just pointing out the stone throwing that occurs when people's agendas get in the way of their love for the game.

Can’t compare the two. So what dls best player is from Sacramento. Folsoms best players are from out of state and from Sacramento too. Using your logic maybe his family moves to a better area in concord than south Sacramento

To'ooto? Not sure if spelling is correct. He went to Burbank his freshman yr and played for the Jr. Burbank Titans.

Can’t compare the two. So what dls best player is from Sacramento. Folsoms best players are from out of state and from Sacramento too. Using your logic maybe his family moves to a better area in concord than south Sacramento
I am not comparing. I am simply pointing out both instances. I could care less honestly. I just wanted to post an example for the stone throwers.

Isn’t Folsom closer than Concord? And although it’s a prison town, the worst part of Folsom is nicer then Treat Blvd. in Concord. I haven’t been to every part of Folsom but Every part I have seen is pretty damn nice ( with the exception of that ugly blue football field), So why did Henry decide to go to DLS? If Folsom had him the game would be a coin flip with my money on Folsom.

Isn’t Folsom closer than Concord? And although it’s a prison town, the worst part of Folsom is nicer then Treat Blvd. in Concord. I haven’t been to every part of Folsom but Every part I have seen is pretty damn nice ( with the exception of that ugly blue football field), So why did Henry decide to go to DLS? If Folsom had him the game would be a coin flip with my money on Folsom.
I don't think it matters. If he wanted to attend DLS, then so be it. I am not one to throw stones for a kids/parents decision that is best for them.

Look no further then the Bennett kid. He played at Folsom, Whitney, Cap Christian and now is enrolled at Mater Dei.......it is out of control and only going to get worse.........

Reactions: RidgeRider
Look no further then the Bennett kid. He played at Folsom, Whitney, Cap Christian and now is enrolled at Mater Dei.......it is out of control and only going to get worse.........
I don't know if you are out of the loop or just 20 years behind- but this is the new normal. I am not sure what the issue is.

You are a few years behind.
Not even close to normal in NORCAL...
Poor example in the article...Almost all the schools listed are privates, which are not publicly funded and can do as they please. Also it is mostly players leaving public schools for privates, not the other way around........
Please name me the schools in NORCAL doing as such??????????
Really the ones in the SJS???

Poor example in the article...Almost all the schools listed are privates, which are not publicly funded and can do as they please. Also it is mostly players leaving public schools for privates, not the other way around........
You are somewhat right. In the southern section all rules have been thrown out public/private. ( as far as transfers go). They can’t keep up with it. So it is the perfect example of what will soon follow in NorCal. It has been going on for years just not as prevalent.

You are somewhat right. In the southern section all rules have been thrown out public/private. ( as far as transfers go). They can’t keep up with it. So it is the perfect example of what will soon follow in NorCal. It has been going on for years just not as prevalent.
I don't think it will ever get as bad in the north. We don't have nearly as many private or public schools as they do down in the south. it is so different then when I went to school ( nearly 40 years ago). What ever happened to the pride of playing for your school and with friends. I have a lot of good friends to this day that I went to war with on the field. I know times change but I don't have to like it.

Also there is a ton of kids transferring to CC, MV, etc... yes the majority into private but public has its far share.

Also there is a ton of kids transferring to CC, MV, etc... yes the majority into private but public has its far share.
I spoke to the AD at CC. I was surprised to hear of the LACK of recruits enrolled there....not sure which MV you speak of?

Publics are being asked to compete on the same playing field us privates under different rules.

It is no surprise that publics are finding a way to attract talent, within the rules. If you know of anything not within the rules, I would suggest that you contact the CIF immediately.

I spoke to the AD at CC. I was surprised to hear of the LACK of recruits enrolled there....not sure which MV you speak of?
I would never accuse a School of recruiting without knowledge. However 28 transfers is undeniable. That is what Corona Centennial had on there football team before last season. I’m not sure about Mission Viejo. But I do know they get there far share.

Publics are being asked to compete on the same playing field us privates under different rules.

It is no surprise that publics are finding a way to attract talent, within the rules. If you know of anything not within the rules, I would suggest that you contact the CIF immediately.
I think Folsom is putting out the blue print for public’s. A solid program, in a solid community will attract solid kids. Don’t get me wrong, Folsom has some HUGE faults ( 1315, larrylegened, G61, Folsombulldog, etc...) If you can get past that it seems like a great place to raise a family.

Reactions: mrbig864
I think Folsom is putting out the blue print for public’s. A solid program, in a solid community will attract solid kids. Don’t get me wrong, Folsom has some HUGE faults ( 1315, larrylegened, G61, Folsombulldog, etc...) If you can get past that it seems like a great place to raise a family.
Well I think all these guys are the same person....1315, larrylegened, G61, Folsombulldog, 14U2ALLNV.....same dude...same agenda......same old song....

Well I think all these guys are the same person....1315, larrylegened, G61, Folsombulldog, 14U2ALLNV.....same dude...same agenda......same old song....
You are way out of line. I’m a DLS fan. I’m in the program more then you will ever know. But I’m not “IN” the program. With such a statement I’m seriously wondering who you are. 1) your to quick to accuse. 2) your way out of touch with NorCal football. 3) Your the ONLY one that has no idea where I stand. I think you just enjoy pulling strings. Do some homework get caught up and try again. Until then DONE. BYE

You are way out of line. I’m a DLS fan. I’m in the program more then you will ever know. But I’m not “IN” the program. With such a statement I’m seriously wondering who you are. 1) your to quick to accuse. 2) your way out of touch with NorCal football. 3) Your the ONLY one that has no idea where I stand. I think you just enjoy pulling strings. Do some homework get caught up and try again. Until then DONE. BYE
I would agree he seems out of touch with NorCal football. The rest of it is between you two. But I'm totally confused about the agenda part. What's anybody's agenda on this forum? Interesting dude.

I look at when posters joined up....Then I look at the content of their posts. Lotta brand new posters and that isn't normal.....We have one in particular who has many alter ego's.....You named them and you are brand new......How would you know them??...Many old names haven't posted in quite awhile....hmmmm....coincidence...maybe but time will tell......

Reactions: Deltadodger
These attacks on 'outing' people who may have multiple logins are just stupid. Even if true, SO WHAT? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and a person posting under different screen names does not invalidate the points they are making.

Reactions: thekingera
I look at when posters joined up....Then I look at the content of their posts. Lotta brand new posters and that isn't normal.....We have one in particular who has many alter ego's.....You named them and you are brand new......How would you know them??...Many old names haven't posted in quite awhile....hmmmm....coincidence...maybe but time will tell......
I think we need to move on and discuss what this forum was intended for. High school football.

If you can't stay on topic, then I would consider leaving or taking a break. We are all here to talk football and look forward go the coming season. Let's leave it at that.

Reactions: 14U2ALLNV

No way 1315 is part of some indentity hocus-pocus. That man is deep in EBAL territory in body and spirit and happily married to a sharp lawyer which may explain why he spends a lot of time on NC Preps beating on me about my Spartans.

And pretty sure ditto on larrylegend who knows more about west & central Oakland than any Folsom cheerleader would ever admit to knowing.

.....and me, I am just trying to pump up my 'Likes Recieved' so that I can get enough Trophy Points to earn a NCP t-shirt with Streak's face on the back at next year's Hall of Famer awards banquet at a yet to be disclosed tail gate BBQ on Friday night.

Last edited:
I’m not here to get in a pissing match with you. If you did any homework at all you would know that I did get a new login. I have explained it to many posters. But I have done homework and you like to attack and accuse with very little knowledge of the posters your attacking. I really don’t care how many logins someone has. I personally have one and I own it. I have no agenda. I’m almost 50yrs old, and love high school football.

Based on the arc of those travels look for him to end up playing baseball at Tijuana Poly Tech next spring...

Reactions: 1315
I'm wondering if anyone knows how this game between Folsom and DLS came about? I had seen on other sights that the schedules were set and these two weren't going to meet. Don't get me wrong I think it's great for NorCal football. Just curious witch side Initiated it or how it came about.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how this game between Folsom and DLS came about? I had seen on other sights that the schedules were set and these two weren't going to meet. Don't get me wrong I think it's great for NorCal football. Just curious witch side Initiated it or how it came about.
There was a TON of pressure on both sides to get a game done. I know that for a fact. Both sides made concessions to make it happen. They even needed Del Oro to help out and take the game with Amador Valley in order to free up DLSs week 0 game.

It was pretty awesome. On both sides. Can't wait!

There was a TON of pressure on both sides to get a game done. I know that for a fact. Both sides made concessions to make it happen. They even needed Del Oro to help out and take the game with Amador Valley in order to free up DLSs week 0 game.

It was pretty awesome. On both sides. Can't wait!
It’s a long story. Folsom made the phone call. But it was Initiated by two SoCal teams, SJB and CC. If not for those teams, this game may never have happened.

These attacks on 'outing' people who may have multiple logins are just stupid. Even if true, SO WHAT? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and a person posting under different screen names does not invalidate the points they are making.

Sure it does. It's plain strange to have so many alter ego's with the same MO. Weird, really. It makes me think something is wrong with them so I don't take anything they write seriously.

Thanks Crete. WWWHS is not paying attention.

I’ll continue to offer insight to topical discussions.

Stick to a single screen name. Or call yourself David Dennison. Wierd.

Last edited:

Joe Davidson
· 12 hrs ·

"Transfers in this region occur at a trickle rate. In Southern California? An avalanche."

Yup...I am out of touch.....seems someone else agrees with my point of view.....carry on...

Joe Davidson
· 12 hrs ·

"Transfers in this region occur at a trickle rate. In Southern California? An avalanche."

Yup...I am out of touch.....seems someone else agrees with my point of view.....carry on...
I think you have a point. But I think we need to distinguish between 2 things.

In Socal you have legit true transfers. Kids who don't live within the district boundaries or kids who are transferring to and from private schools.

In NorCal you don't have a lot of legit true public school transfers. Most kids in this case will move within district to attend their school of choice. Example would be the Ngata brothers. These aren't considered transfers since kids live within district and never transfers because they have atteded since freshman year. Also, most kids at NorCal private schools tend to stay there all 4 years.

I hear what you are trying to say, but there are some major differences in what we consider "transfers"

I don't know if you are out of the loop or just 20 years behind- but this is the new normal. I am not sure what the issue is.
Your comment from yesterday.......I am no where close to being out of the loop....and this is not NORMAL in NORCAL....

Never have I called a student living in the boundaries a transfer......having influence on parents to move within the boundaries is another story....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT