ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom open enrollment

Thanks Crete. WWWHS is not paying attention.

I’ll continue to offer insight to topical discussions.

Stick to a single screen name. Or call yourself David Dennison. Wierd.
Sorry 1315, my puter skillz got you caught in a copy and paste.....my apologies.

BTW...I have had the same screen name since my first day here.....many years ago.....

Back to FB...

deLa is beatable...in NorCal. If a strict boundary public can take them to the brink, TWICE, in a 4 year period with no transfers, no FBS OR FCS signees, IN WEEK 10, it can be done. In full disclosure, the one kid who did go FBS was a Juco transfer and had zero role in those two contests.

In the same time frame, the same public got blown versus Ladouceur several times. If Folsom played dela 10 years in a row there be at least one close game, maybe even a W. But Lopoz would not schedule that.

Reactions: observer22
Back to FB...

deLa is beatable...in NorCal. If a strict boundary public can take them to the brink, TWICE, in a 4 year period with no transfers, no FBS OR FCS signees, IN WEEK 10, it can be done. In full disclosure, the one kid who did go FBS was a Juco transfer and had zero role in those two contests.

In the same time frame, the same public got blown versus Ladouceur several times. If Folsom played dela 10 years in a row there be at least one close game, maybe even a W. But Lopoz would not schedule that.
I 100% agree with everything except Lopez won’t schedule. There were some very good teams that wanted to play Folsom this year. I’m not trying to piss anyone off but Folsom didn’t call DLS until SJB and CC started begging for a game. I understand that Folsom had an Obligation to DO and they can’t just leave them hanging. SJB gave them a choice of 5 week to play and CC offered 2. I agree Folsom and 10 years probably equals at least a win but for sure a few games that are close.

Lopoz drives the schedule. To think he accepts any offer from a school which has their “team of the decade/history” is myopic. Once they tasted their own medicine with DBP, STA and then state bowls, their legacy of the 151 shifted to NorCal. It’s an obsession and ole Leo isn’t about to let down the alums on his watch. Tell us why the Bells were only 11/12.

Lopoz drives the schedule. To think he accepts any offer from a school which has their “team of the decade/history” is myopic. Once they tasted their own medicine with DBP, STA and then state bowls, their legacy of the 151 shifted to NorCal. It’s an obsession and ole Leo isn’t about to let down the alums on his watch. Tell us why the Bells were only 11/12.
I get what your saying. It does look like that from the outside. I don’t know why they scheduled the Bells only 2 times. But where are they know. Less then 10 years later and they are not very good. I do know this when Folsom called last month DLS jumped all over it. Why? This is supposed to be Folsom’s best chance at winning. It sure doesn’t look like DLS trying to dodge anyone to me. I’ll tell you why SJB and CC want to play Folsom. They are untested. They are nationally ranked with nothing to back it up. They saw the Helix game and are beating down there door.

I get what your saying. It does look like that from the outside. I don’t know why they scheduled the Bells only 2 times. But where are they know. Less then 10 years later and they are not very good. I do know this when Folsom called last month DLS jumped all over it. Why? This is supposed to be Folsom’s best chance at winning. It sure doesn’t look like DLS trying to dodge anyone to me. I’ll tell you why SJB and CC want to play Folsom. They are untested. They are nationally ranked with nothing to back it up. They saw the Helix game and are beating down there door.
Dls did play a much tougher schedule. But with the exception of St. John's the teams they beat weren't any better. Central being the only common opponent. I think they both won by about 10. If they are over ranked I don't feel it's enough to say so.

Reactions: thekingera
The good news is we get to find out who is over ranked and who is correctly ranked in August.

Then we can all put this to rest.

Reactions: remc
“Tasted their own medicine”. You mean lost a few games? They’ve also beaten the likes of Bishop Gorman, Mater Dei, and some other high profile OOS opponents.You seem to be implying that once they left the friendly confines of NorCal opponents they didn’t win against anybody else.With all due respect, I detect some resentment

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
“Tasted their own medicine”. You mean lost a few games? They’ve also beaten the likes of Bishop Gorman, Mater Dei, and some other high profile OOS opponents.You seem to be implying that once they left the friendly confines of NorCal opponents they didn’t win against anybody else.With all due respect, I detect some resentment

No and no. There are factors discussed here yearly ad nauseam as why and how deLa maintains their NorCal dominance, and not their OOS games. Old news.

Resentment? Au contraire. D1 other sports, plural. NMS. Top 15 grad school. Pro contracts. 1315.3 matriculating as a 1L. Need I go on?

Reactions: concrete17
No and no. There are factors discussed here yearly ad nauseam as why and how deLa maintains their NorCal dominance, and not their OOS games. Old news.

Resentment? Au contraire. D1 other sports, plural. NMS. Top 15 grad school. Pro contracts. 1315.3 matriculating as a 1L. Need I go on?
Yes

Nothing wrong with wishing. Quiz- what’s NMS? Envy, you must know....a veritable Watson.

Last edited:
Congrats on your accomplishments, National Metit Scholar Et al, (I was one myself many moons ago)
Really not mine. Better half did the heavy lifting. As most parents know, same DNA, different trajectories.

Back to FB...

Those were two VERY good teams Cal High had at the time. Few publics can come up with teams of that caliber very often around these parts

I’m sorry I won’t be able to yank your Folsom chains for a while. It has become a highlight of my day lately. I got some unexpected news yesterday that I’ve been deployed. So for the next 6 weeks I will be 300 to 500 miles off the coast of CA, OR, WA, and AK. I will start yanking some more when I get back. But in all honestly I hope it’s a good game and both teams come out unscathed. And the kids have a memory to last a life time. This is not a truce. I’ll be back and it’s on again. But it’s all in good fun on my end. Peace for now.

Reactions: RidgeRider and remc
I’m sorry I won’t be able to yank your Folsom chains for a while. It has become a highlight of my day lately. I got some unexpected news yesterday that I’ve been deployed. So for the next 6 weeks I will be 300 to 500 miles off the coast of CA, OR, WA, and AK. I will start yanking some more when I get back. But in all honestly I hope it’s a good game and both teams come out unscathed. And the kids have a memory to last a life time. This is not a truce. I’ll be back and it’s on again. But it’s all in good fun on my end. Peace for now.

Stay safe. And comeback to get some more when you are ready.

Reactions: thekingera

Be safe!

Maybe Folsom should do a better job screening who they let in to there school. Now that there alumni includes the serial rapist and killer Joseph DeAngelo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT