ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs Coeur d'Alene

On the long TDs thrown by the two QB's during the first half, the Folsom receivers were between 7 and 15 yards beyond the nearest defender. Didn't need to be a sharp shooter to throw those scoring strikes. There is some seriously elite speed amongst the 1st receiver group.
I feel like they could have thrown a TD on a long pass every play. By the time the ball was in the air, the receiver would have 5-7 yards of separation. The QBs just had to loft it up. Crazy speed.

I feel like they could have thrown a TD on a long pass every play. By the time the ball was in the air, the receiver would have 5-7 yards of separation. The QBs just had to loft it up. Crazy speed.

Yes, you can't take anything terribly positive away from that mismatch. Predictable given the speed advantage. Before the game, you could see that on film and CDA's only chance was to keep the ball away from Folsom (without Yankoff, not happening). A game that should have never been scheduled in my opinion.

While you are rightly observing they might have scored every time on a long pass play, Folsom's special teams and defense contributed significantly to the point total. So, its not all about the offense.

Folsom just ran their basic stuff (Freshman year concepts) and, from my perspective, didn't do that correctly on some of the plays. But that's easy to miss when everyone is open.

And there was a point of significant weakness that needs to be addressed. The Folsom OL in the second half needs a lot of work. They didn't give their skill players much of a hope of executing anything - and all they were trying to do was to kill the clock. The CDA DL and LBs ran free in their backfield the entire second half.

Yes, you can't take anything terribly positive away from that mismatch. Predictable given the speed advantage. Before the game, you could see that on film and CDA's only chance was to keep the ball away from Folsom (without Yankoff, not happening). A game that should have never been scheduled in my opinion.

While you are rightly observing they might have scored every time on a long pass play, Folsom's special teams and defense contributed significantly to the point total. So, its not all about the offense.

Folsom just ran their basic stuff (Freshman year concepts) and, from my perspective, didn't do that correctly on some of the plays. But that's easy to miss when everyone is open.

And there was a point of significant weakness that needs to be addressed. The Folsom OL in the second half needs a lot of work. They didn't give their skill players much of a hope of executing anything - and all they were trying to do was to kill the clock. The CDA DL and LBs ran free in their backfield the entire second half.
I thought they're defense needed to be addressed. They gave up a lot of yards to a CDA team without Yankoff playing. They will be fine on offense. But they need to shore up some holes on that defense. They will have their work cut out for them this year.

I thought they're defense needed to be addressed. They gave up a lot of yards to a CDA team without Yankoff playing. They will be fine on offense. But they need to shore up some holes on that defense. They will have their work cut out for them this year.

Well, I guess you could quibble with the CDA TD in the second quarter.

The second half defensive performance was very weak but then you've rotated in a bunch of guys that see very few reps in practice.

I didn't have as much of an issue with the defense. I thought they were pretty good.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT