ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs DLS

Rocklin couldn't play Friday night bc the lab lost many of the tests needed for clearance.....The entire program....All retested and cleared for a Saturday game......Folsom lined up the games for Frosh/JV but refused to move the Varsity game.....Easily done yet didnt want to do it.......call it what you want.....if they wanted to play Rocklin they could have done it....

Rocklin couldn't play Friday night bc the lab lost many of the tests needed for clearance.....The entire program....All retested and cleared for a Saturday game......Folsom lined up the games for Frosh/JV but refused to move the Varsity game.....Easily done yet didnt want to do it.......call it what you want.....if they wanted to play Rocklin they could have done it....
Bingo! #facts

Reactions: WWHS44
And final thoughts..........i just hope in 2021 2022 school year folsom can finally knock that dls monkey off its back
......mmm let's see if this is the year Folsom Nation exorcises it's WoCoSho curse.........
Or Not, ......at least before Coach Taylor gets his Men of Troy into fighting & winning shape.
Keep your eyes on the road ahead but don't take them off your rear view mirror.

Reactions: WWHS44 and THEOC89
And final thoughts...i didnt day folsom was better in 2014 i said they were at least as good....in addition professionals argued the same thing as pointed out by seeing Folsom, DLS and BG playing that year...historically great teams do happen and it can be made that folsom in 2014 was one of those teams...people got to stop hating on Folsom so much...i just hope in 2021 2022 school year folsom can finally knock that dls monkey off its back
You said days ago you were “moving on” from the 2014 Folsom team discussion. Now you come back on here and add your “final thoughts “. 😂. Ok. Hmmm...I’m going out on a limb and predict these are not your final thoughts about the 2014 Folsom team. Bottom line...until Folsom beats DLS, Mater Dei, or SJB, (which you have claimed they could have in 2014), and might be able to this year, don’t get emotional when the majority of posters do not agree with you. FYI - that’s not being a hater. It’s called being logical...especially since Folsom has never scheduled MD or SJB, and has never come close to beating DLS. If Folsom ever beats any of these top teams you will see plenty of the congratulatory comments you seem to crave. First step...BEAT DLS! Somebody from Nor Cal has to eventually.

Reactions: WWHS44 and THEOC89
I dont mind the fact that folsom has to be dls in order to prove themselves to be in the same ballpark as DLS (and it would have to be Folsom continuing to play better teams in hopes of building a more national reputation) but what bothers me is that people seem to think that Folsoms strong reputation is underserved or that the 2010 or 2014 teams were overhyped when in fact if you talk to the experts and coaches those teams actually deserved their praise...any team (outside of DLS, SJB and MD) wishes they had Folsom’s level of success since 2010 and Folsom is simply a public school. That being said, 2014 is behind us and I get caught up in that nastalgia too much...2022 is a new year and I hope folsom can finally truly prove itself

Doesn’t DLS have like a 6’5 freshman QB that was crushing it at the camps ?
On a side note MC, I was in Kentfield last FRiday and drove past Marin Catholics baseball field.That field is GORGEOUS.Nicest HS baseball field Ive ever seen.How long has it looked like that?

On a side note MC, I was in Kentfield last FRiday and drove past Marin Catholics baseball field.That field is GORGEOUS.Nicest HS baseball field Ive ever seen.How long has it looked like that?

It’s been like that for a while now thanks to the generous donation of the Ghilotti family, they also have an underground batting cage i believe which is cool

Reactions: observer22
You said days ago you were “moving on” from the 2014 Folsom team discussion. Now you come back on here and add your “final thoughts “. 😂. Ok. Hmmm...I’m going out on a limb and predict these are not your final thoughts about the 2014 Folsom team. Bottom line...until Folsom beats DLS, Mater Dei, or SJB, (which you have claimed they could have in 2014), and might be able to this year, don’t get emotional when the majority of posters do not agree with you. FYI - that’s not being a hater. It’s called being logical...especially since Folsom has never scheduled MD or SJB, and has never come close to beating DLS. If Folsom ever beats any of these top teams you will see plenty of the congratulatory comments you seem to crave. First step...BEAT DLS! Somebody from Nor Cal has to eventually.
A few have come close over the years. Hey,2017 Folsom,with the Ngata brothers and Elijah Badger came close,14--7 if memory serves

O
A few have come close over the years. Hey,2017 Folsom,with the Ngata brothers and Elijah Badger came close,14--7 if memory serves
DLS 14--Folsom 0 in 2018

St. Mary's played within one TD this Spring season, losing to DLS 35-27. Clayton Valley lost to DLS 21-7, as well. Both as close or closer than Folsom in 2018. Pittsburg lost DLS 24-7 in 2017.

San Ramon Valley has the closest score for a Nor Cal team vs DLS in the last five years, losing 28-27 in 2016 according to MaxPreps.com and CalPreps.com. Box Score shows that each team scored a TD per quarter with SRV not converting the PAT in the 4th Q. All of the articles I found on the game had paywalls.

Last edited:
It was 14-0, DLS Shut them out.... In 2016 SRV lost 27-26 on a failed 2 pt conversion attempt going for the win.... Also Serra and The Bells had a couple of real close ones over the years with DLS....

This year DLS will have the most question marks on their team since 2004 and I would be surprised if they don’t have 2 or more losses this year.... They will be playing a lot of Juniors and Sophmores who don’t have a lot of Varsity experience in top level games, and have 2 QB’s with 0 Varsity Starts....

Their secondary really struggled and teams moved the ball at will on their defense last year.... other then Zeke Berry they don’t have much experience at the skill positions.... They do have some Very Good linemen though which should help....

If DLS didn’t have the Nor Cal Streak they would likely be ranked 3 Behind Serra and Folsom in Nor Cal and possibly even 4 behind PITT....

If Folsom can’t get it done this year when DLS will be in a Down year, then they will never beat them.....

It was 14-0, DLS Shut them out.... In 2016 SRV lost 27-26 on a failed 2 pt conversion attempt going for the win.... Also Serra and The Bells had a couple of real close ones over the years with DLS....

This year DLS will have the most question marks on their team since 2004 and I would be surprised if they don’t have 2 or more losses this year.... They will be playing a lot of Juniors and Sophmores who don’t have a lot of Varsity experience in top level games, and have 2 QB’s with 0 Varsity Starts....

Their secondary really struggled and teams moved the ball at will on their defense last year.... other then Zeke Berry they don’t have much experience at the skill positions.... They do have some Very Good linemen though which should help....

If DLS didn’t have the Nor Cal Streak they would likely be ranked 3 Behind Serra and Folsom in Nor Cal and possibly even 4 behind PITT....

If Folsom can’t get it done this year when DLS will be in a Down year, then they will never beat them.....
I agree, never really seen DLS this vulnerable in a long time. Also think this is the year they lose a NorCal game.

Reactions: THEOC89

I don't buy the argument there are a lot of questions marks. Not going to be one of their strongest teams, but still really good.

Regarding the streak, yes I'm sure it plays a factor in rankings but also the streak is still active because they keep beating these teams. I could see an argument for another team being No. 1 at some point based on talent, but DLS is kept at the top becuase they keep beating top teams.

what bothers me is that people seem to think that Folsoms strong reputation is underserved
Folsom’s reputation is what it is. Hard to claim you’re the best when you don’t play the best. They have historically scheduled soft and avoided the top teams in the state. Maybe this year will be their year....

Reactions: remc
I don't buy the argument there are a lot of questions marks. Not going to be one of their strongest teams, but still really good.

Regarding the streak, yes I'm sure it plays a factor in rankings but also the streak is still active because they keep beating these teams. I could see an argument for another team being No. 1 at some point based on talent, but DLS is kept at the top becuase they keep beating top teams.
Well, I watched them this past abbreviated season. St Mary's Stockton played DLS very competitively, as did Clayton Valley. The DLS line play didn't appear to be up to the standard with which we have become accustomed. The loss of a three year starter at QB isn't going to make it easier, nor will the loss of a big play guy like Lu Hearns. Defensively I have no idea who they have coming back. Usually, DLS has a high profile star on that side of the ball.Haven't really heard of anybody fitting that description. Admittedly, I'm not very familiar with the roster they have coming back. We shall see I guess.

I'm not sure why you think Folsom is going to be so great next year. They are young and lose some great lineman. They have a couple of large lineman (300+) but that doesn't mean anything if their heavy and slow. I doubt they play both ways against DLS. Anyway, they have a few good skill players but no apparent depth on the line. I see a DLS smackdown again. Am I missing something? How about some inside info?

People get so upset about any argument in favor of Folsom over DLS. I think it is very logical for one to infer that Folsom could have beaten DLS in 2010 and that they were much better than their 2013 team. Part sport’s history is that there are historically great teams who put it all together in a specific year where they do things they didnt the year or more before. You ask the actual experts who saw those teams play and who do this analysis for a living and they will tell you Folsom in 2014 was an historically great team that was at least on par with DLS that year. Compare 2014 to the 2018 team that had several recruits with amazing talent and they couldnt beat DLS because of their lack of discipline and probably the coaching...Folsom outscores DLS 27 - 14 in second half but the first half got wrecked...anyone 2014 is behind us and so i will move on from that ...but i am curious about how successful they can be with Dougherty as their coach
Interesting observations... This has been discussed ad nauseam over the years since December, 2014. It has been entertaining for sure, but it got tiresome as the topic repeatedly filtered into unrelated threads.

Well, here a bit more of this entertainment. I saw another poster use the Calpreps Project A Matchup tool to compare some past teams. This tool has some merit but one has to use some "common wisdom and knowledge" to get the best out of this tool.

According to Calpreps, the projected score the 2014 DLS vs Folsom is 35-34 DLS. However, DLS usually shows better defense, thus lower opponent scores, than what these predictions state. And almost always, Folsom's offense doesn't perform as well as expected against a good defensive strategy. Was the 2014 Folsom team different from this generalized Folsom trait. Folsom appeared to have slightly better offensive strategies in 2014 with their talented receivers at play. And their defense was far better than the typical Folsom defense. But was it enough to carve through the creatively adjustable DLS offense and defense? I doubt it. The ardent Folsom fan will likely disagree.

Last edited:
Right you be FBad't.......
Opening up our laptops and coming to this site is like the refrigerator shuffle we do at home. We open up the fridge several times daily/nightly to check out the contents even tho we know what's there.......even tho we hope, just hope we'll find something different that sounds tasty & inviting behind the Tupperware container of last night's mashed potatoes. We can hope.......

Which is funny since one team keeps losing to the other

Same applies to Pittsburg, no? Except for, you know, that one time they actually beat DLS in 1991.

If for some reason PITT hadn't been able to face DLS that 1991 season, everyone like you would have assumed it would have been more of the same (in a hypothetical match up), right?

PITT was 0-4 at the time. Just like Folsom is now.

Except that one year (14’) they didn’t actually play on the field. I think from what I’ve read I’ll give Folsom the mythical win. Seems like that is kind of a consensus, so 1-4 in the all time series.

Everyone likes to bust Folsom's balls, but they are only 0-4 against DLS. With 2 of the games being competitive. And one of the games potentially turning out differently had an official correctly ruled a runner down short of the goal line.

Meanwhile ALL NCS programs have DECADES of futility against the Spartans. With not many close games this millennium to show for it.

PITT is 1-35 all-time against DLS. And hasn't played many competitive games against them since that lone win in 1991.

Given that Folsom's 2014 team was stronger on defense and on the lines than their 2018 team that could have beaten DLS, it's nowhere near ridiculous to believe that season might have been different.

Folsom did have a 2-way lineman on that 2014 team that starred and won a Nat'l title at Alabama and is now a starting tackle in the NFL, along with all their other prolific offensive talent. That's one notable difference from their other teams, no? A bit like PITT having Regan Upshaw in 1991.

I find it much more ridiculous that people believe history has anything to do with what happens now or then. I mean, using that logic, 1991 never should have happened for PITT. But it did.

Last edited:
Reactions: observer22
Same applies to Pittsburg, no? Except for, you know, that one time they actually beat DLS in 1991.

If for some reason PITT hadn't been able to face DLS that 1991 season, everyone like you would have assumed it would have been more of the same (in a hypothetical match up), right?

Everyone likes to bust Folsom's balls, but they are only 0-4 against DLS. With 2 of the games being competitive. And one of the games potentially turning out differently had an official correctly ruled a runner down short of the goal line.

Meanwhile ALL NCS programs have DECADES of futility against the Spartans. With not many close games this millennium to show for it.

PITT is 1-35 all-time against DLS. And hasn't played many competitive games against them since that lone win in 1991.

Given that Folsom's 2014 team was stronger on defense and on the lines than their 2018 team that could have beaten DLS, it's nowhere near ridiculous to believe that season might have been different.

Folsom did have a 2-way lineman on that 2014 team that starred and won a Nat'l title at Alabama and is now a starting tackle in the NFL, along with all their other prolific offensive talent. That's one notable difference from their other teams, no? A bit like PITT having Regan Upshaw in 1991.

I find it much more ridiculous that people believe history has anything to do with what happens now or then. I mean, using that logic, 1991 never should have happened for PITT. But it did.

Well I don’t really recall back in 1991 Pitt posters coming around here claiming mythical hypothetical victories against DLS in years they didn’t play? As an NCS guy myself never ever have I come around here saying Marin Catholic most epic and best team could have beaten DLS in a mythical hypothetical matchup that never happened, I think that’s the difference here. I haven’t witnessed many NCS coming on this board saying they would have beaten DLS, when the only recent history suggests otherwise………..probably another good reason Folsom should have scheduled up and play DLS level teams in the non league, if your willing to go to Chaminade already then why not schedule a Trinity team? CC10? Mission Viejo? Bishop Gorman ?

Just like every Folsom fan, you say the addition of 1 player wipes out 2 years of 4 TD losses (That Could have been Much More) and you also Assume DLS didn’t get any better from 2013-2014 with a bunch of returning starters on a loaded team.... And DLS’s 2014 line and defense was much better then the 2018 DLS and their 2014 QB was far better then the 2018 QB making his 1st Varsity Start so your comparison of 2014 to 2018 doesn’t work.... DLS put up 60+ points on the So Cal PAC 5 Champ in 2014, they would have done the same to Folsom....

Not to mention, Folsom’s Coaches and players were so intimidated by DLS after those to beatings that DLS had the clear Mental edge over Folsom, this was not the case vs PITT in 1991 because PITT had played DLS close prior to that and and after... People forget that PITT could have ended the streak early in 1993 losing a very close game to DLS.... A lot of the kids played youth football together and there was framiliarity between the teams AND PITT was not intimidated by DLS the way Folsom was..... PITT was tough, Folsom was Soft....

Remember it was Folsom’s Coaches, Adminitration, Fans and Players who said “It’s not Fair that we have to play DLS to go to a SBG” and this the Folsom Rule was Born.... This was in 2014 with Folsom’s greatest team ever....

Folsom is just a very soft team/program, they are afraid of top competition and only play DLS because it is a No Lose Game for them due to The Folsom rule.... 2014 would have been no different for that overrated Folsom team that beat no one except for 2 San Diego teams one of which didn’t even make the section finals in a 8 team playoff bracket.... 🤣

But of course once again, Folsom “Hypothetically” wins every game that was not played on the field..... The funniest part about this one is you are piggy backing PITT’s 1991 win on the field over DLS to a 2014 Folsom win over DLS in a game that didn’t happen.... Just Laughable....🤣🤣

Reactions: RedZone90 and remc
Just like every Folsom fan
I have a sense you have been here under another handle... But if not, you need to know ThunderRam is a strong SJS advocate but actually not a myopic Folsom Bulldog fan. His SJS wisdom has proven correct many times over the years on this board. Like the rest of us, he has his biases. But most of his positions are well thought out and deserve consideration as if from an independent thinker.

That being said, all of your points are pretty good counter arguments to ThunderRam. Just your characterization of him is wrong.

Reactions: ThunderRam

I guess, like I said I’m willing to say they are 1-4 against DLS. Have zero dog in the fight and could care less who wins the games between the 2, totally neutral. My observation is as a football fan for the outside of the 2 programs and what I have witnessed on the field.

Pitt? Not sure how they end up in the conversation, but I’d never say the years from 91’ until now that they didn’t actually play DLS somehow those were the years they would have beaten them.

I have a sense you have been here under another handle... But if not, you need to know ThunderRam is a strong SJS advocate but actually not a myopic Folsom Bulldog fan. His SJS wisdom has proven correct many times over the years on this board. Like the rest of us, he has his biases. But most of his positions are well thought out and deserve consideration as if from an independent thinker.

That being said, all of your points are pretty good counter arguments to ThunderRam. Just your characterization of him is wrong.
Never had another handle, and yes I am aware TR is a Terrific SJS Advocate and incredibly knowledgeable fan and I believe a Grant Alum....

I was just pointing out that he was making the same ridiculous argument Folsom Fans make that the addition of 1 player wipes out 2 years of 4TD non competitive losses because somehow only Folsom got Better and DLS did not....

Also, no one ever brings up the Mental Edge DLS had over Folsom to the point where Folsom didn’t even want to play them anymore with a SBG birth on the line.... That just seems lost on everyone who tries to constantly fabricate a Folsom win in a game that never happened....

Those 2 games were not even close to competitive with DLS Hloding leads of like 40-7 and like 38-3 in the 4th quarter in both those game, Folsom scored garbage time TD’s with their starters still in against DLS second string.... For anyone to say the Addition of 1- 5* linemen would wipe away that kind of domination just seems ridiculous.... 🤣

I guess, like I said I’m willing to say they are 1-4 against DLS. Have zero dog in the fight and could care less who wins the games between the 2, totally neutral. My observation is as a football fan for the outside of the 2 programs and what I have witnessed on the field.

Pitt? Not sure how they end up in the conversation, but I’d never say the years from 91’ until now that they didn’t actually play DLS somehow those were the years they would have beaten them.
How could Folsom be 1-4 against DLS when they have only played 4 times and Folsom lost them all?....🤣

If we want to go that route then I say DLS is 9-0 vs Folsom because they would have beat them every year since 2012.....🤣🤣

Reactions: MC415
There is only ONE person on this board who constantly brings up Folsom being the best.....He has a multitude of handles and had changed his schtick up.....but it is always Folsom is the best.....
We all know how open enrollment can change things and a little recruiting on the side.....(which never happens right?)
The great news things change.....coaches, Admin, players.....someday they will be like Cordova....long fall from the top (which Folsom never got to)........

OC has had an abscess named 'Folsom' that's been festering on him for years. Anytime someone taps it, a great deal of pus comes pouring out and his mouth foams up. It's probably best just to look away, since he won't seek treatment for it.

• Haha
Well I don’t really recall back in 1991 Pitt posters coming around here claiming mythical hypothetical victories against DLS in years they didn’t play?

You’re missing the point.

First, I’m not suggesting Folsom would have won. Merely suggesting that it’s not unreasonable to believe it to be highly possibly for reasons already outlined.

Secondly, shouldn’t the “mythical victory” thing work both ways? Seems most have no trouble claiming victory for DLS in a matchup that was never played. That’s highly hypocritical. It’d be no different than assuming a DLS loss to Aquinas or Don Bosco simply because they’ve never beaten either before.

Circling back to 1991 PITT example that was used: the point that is being missed by some is that while PITT had never beaten DLS before (just like Folsom) nor since — they did win that 1991 game with some special players and a special team.

What I tried to point out is, had that 1991 matchup never taken place (for whatever reasons) there’d be a faction of people that’d have the same attitude toward that 1991 PITT teams chances as they do now toward 2014 Folsom re: speculating what might have happened. Only difference is, we got to see the 1991 matchup and have the gift of hindsight.

Furthermore, 1991 PITT is a classic example how DLS's NorCal dominance and Pitt's other 35 losses to them didn't have any bearing on that one game. Many simpletons like to cite history as some sort of faux proof as to what would have happened. None of that applied in 1991, which is the point I keep trying to get across. It also wouldn't have applied to 2014 either. That game would have been won or lost on it's own merit.

And 2014 just happened to be Folsom's best team ever, specifically on the lines and defensively. 2 factors which most ardent DLS supporters would tell you is key to competing with the Spartans, let alone in beating them.

Thanks for standing up for me. I appreciate it.

I haven't seen the post you are responding to, as it is apparently from someone I have on my ignore list. Pretty easy to deduce that from your reply. I haven't added anyone to that list in quite a while so this person has to have been on it for a long while now.

FWIW, it's not easy to end up on my ignore list. Clear and obvious trolling posts and/or those that have proven to me that they aren't here for serious discussion and debate.

That all said, whomever this person is, I'm not surprised they have mischaracterized. Clearly my judgement of them was correct.

Moving along and addressing one of your points above -- yes, I am far from a Folsom Bulldogs fan let alone a myopic one.

If anything I should be considered as objective as anyone on the subject of Folsom as I've been labeled a "Folsom hater" more than a few times over the years and also a "Folsom homer" by those on the other side of the fence. Those two accusations are mutually exclusive.

I just call it like I see it, and usually support whatever I claim with past precedent and factual info. Sometimes that might make it appear I'm against whomever and other times for whomever. I take the criticism as a compliment. It means I'm largely leaving emotions and personal ties out of my reasoning.

You and I are on the same page here. Although I don't go as far as predicting a sure-fire winner. I only assert that Folsom's best chances were 2010, 2014 and 2018. They only played one of those 3 seasons.

We know DLS won a hard fought, competitive game in 2018 -- which many concede might have played out differently had the controversial goal line call been ruled correctly. Regardless, what we know from that game is both teams were fairly evenly matched.

We never saw games in 2010 and 2014. Both are also considered among Folsom's best ever. 2010 had a dynamic dual threat QB that won NPOTY (something that historically has given DLS's defense problems) and very good skill talent, but lacked the same physicality, defense and line play as 2014 and 2018.

2014 may not have had the skill talent that 2010 and 2018 had, but that team boasted the best offensive and defensive lines of any Folsom team and also the best defense. That team also had a SR version of Jake Browning to go along with it.

In short, it's not hard to conclude that team would have given the Bulldogs one of their best chances at winning. Whether they would have is clearly up for debate. I just believe it's very shortsighted and ignorant for anyone to suggest that team had little to no chance. But that doesn't also mean I believe Folsom was a slam dunk winner or even better than 50/50. Because I don't believe that.

I further explained and commented on both these points this in my above reply to MC415.

You’re missing the point.

First, I’m not suggesting Folsom would have won. Merely suggesting that it’s not unreasonable to believe it to be highly possibly for reasons already outlined.

Secondly, shouldn’t the “mythical victory” thing work both ways? Seems most have no trouble claiming victory for DLS in a matchup that was never played. That’s highly hypocritical. It’d be no different than assuming a DLS loss to Aquinas or Don Bosco simply because they’ve never beaten either before.

Circling back to 1991 PITT example that was used: the point that is being missed by some is that while PITT had never beaten DLS before (just like Folsom) nor since — they did win that 1991 game with some special players and a special team.

What I tried to point out is, had that 1991 matchup never taken place (for whatever reasons) there’d be a faction of people that’d have the same attitude toward that 1991 PITT teams chances as they do now toward 2014 Folsom re: speculating what might have happened. Only difference is, we got to see the 1991 matchup and have the gift of hindsight.

Furthermore, 1991 PITT is a classic example how DLS's NorCal dominance and Pitt's other 35 losses to them didn't have any bearing on that one game. Many simpletons like to cite history as some sort of faux proof as to what would have happened. None of that applied in 1991, which is the point I keep trying to get across. It also wouldn't have applied to 2014 either. That game would have been won or lost on it's own merit.

And 2014 just happened to be Folsom's best team ever, specifically on the lines and defensively. 2 factors which most ardent DLS supporters would tell you is key to competing with the Spartans, let alone in beating them.
I think you are the one who is missing the point…. in 2014 DLS had such a Mental Edge over Folsom that Folsom’s Coaches, Administration, Parents, Players all thought “It Was Not Fair” that any team should have to play DLS to go to a SBG….

PITT didn’t have that problem in 1991 because there were no SBG’s and all they knew was playing DLS and they were not intimidated by them….

Folsom was so intimidated by DLS in 2014, it took Folsom building up 4 years of f Confidence to play DLS again in 2018 with a team of 18 returning starters and multiple D1 players, in the first game of the season when DLS is most vulnerable, and they only did it because it was a no lose game for Folsom and a loss would not omit them from a SBG….

Folsom was so afraid of DLS in 2014 that they Handed DLS the Open Game just so they could guarantee themselves a SBG…. PITT never would have done that in 1991 because they actually Believed they could beat DLS….

Your 1991 comparison just doesn’t work because you leave out the most important factor, Folsom was Scared of DLS in 2014 because of 4+ TD losses the prior 2 years with the same players…. They may not be intimidated anymore, but they Certainly were in 2014….

Thanks for standing up for me. I appreciate it.

I haven't seen the post you are responding to, as it is apparently from someone I have on my ignore list. Pretty easy to deduce that from your reply. I haven't added anyone to that list in quite a while so this person has to have been on it for a long while now.

FWIW, it's not easy to end up on my ignore list. Clear and obvious trolling posts and/or those that have proven to me that they aren't here for serious discussion and debate.

That all said, whomever this person is, I'm not surprised they have mischaracterized. Clearly my judgement of them was correct.

Moving along and addressing one of your points above -- yes, I am far from a Folsom Bulldogs fan let alone a myopic one.

If anything I should be considered as objective as anyone on the subject of Folsom as I've been labeled a "Folsom hater" more than a few times over the years and also a "Folsom homer" by those on the other side of the fence. Those two accusations are mutually exclusive.

I just call it like I see it, and usually support whatever I claim with past precedent and factual info. Sometimes that might make it appear I'm against whomever and other times for whomever. I take the criticism as a compliment. It means I'm largely leaving emotions and personal ties out of my reasoning.
That’s all too bad, You missed the Very Nice Compliment I gave you….🤣🍻

Reactions: concrete17
That’s all too bad, You missed the Very Nice Compliment I gave you….🤣🍻
Bam...bam, 2 shots fired, false start..... back to your starting blocks.

Reminds me a of a misinterpretation a few years back at a Raiders' home game.
After a few beers I went to the public recycling pit where the lines were long and slow. Finally it was my turn to step up to the porcelain pond. Just as I started, this tatted, pirate-costumed character takes his position next to me. While taking the position, staring straight ahead I sense that the enebriated Blackbeard is looking over at me while I'm doing my business.
After an eternal, few uncomfortable seconds I angrily said , "Can I HELP you??" To which my Pirate wingman looking over in my direction, says , "YES!, Is your watch a Garmin, fénix sports model? It hasn't even been released yet for sale even online !"
So relieved that I had misinterpreted his intentions and that he was only focused on something else..... my watch which I was glad to show him after we stepped out in the swirling mass of silver and black in the tunnel under the Coliseum.

Last edited:
That was my original thinking too but I also believe Folsom needs to get their bearings as well. Look at this year, we didn’t know how good they were until about half way thru a shortened season...2014 was the only year where they were unstoppable from game one...

also to the comment on folsom not being better until they beat dls sjb or md...on one hand that is true but i think you can still infer that 2010 and 2014 they were at least as good as dls...in 2014 you had folks who said they saw dls, bishop gorman and Folsom play and that folsom had the better defense ...and they had that otherworldly offense that only didn’t set the National record for points because 1st team offense spent a quarter and half on the sidelines because of running clock...and the famous coach from cathedral catholic said it was the hands down the best team he had seen in 25 years of coaching...with all that in mind, yes Folsom needs to beat DLS to finally get the monkey off its back...but two things: if folsom does win dont go saying it is a down year for dls and that is why they won and then second, if they do win, it doesn’t mean that this is the best folsom team because i think the 2014 and to some level 2010 team are historically great teams
Dude, I figured you‘d still be here talking to yourself about Folsom as usual. The crazy part is that people actually engage you other than to point and laugh. Too funny. 🥴👈🏻

I’m sure Folsom would like to knock you off their back, Mr. Monkey. 🐒

Last edited:
  • Haha
Early predictions for Pitt against Serra and Folsom?

Mine-
Pitt- 56 Serra- 31
Pitt- 38 Folsom- 52

What makes you think it would be that big of a spread for Pitt and Serra?
Basically a guess, and I am going off of past scores over their previous four meetings. I’m sure no one predicted 30 point win by Serra the last time they played.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT