ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs DLS

Why even have this discussion.....Folsom needs to schedule up and the past shows they don't.....beat DLS and we can have discussion, till then shut up already.....they are 0-4 vs DLS.......

Can you Cite some Sources where “Witnesses” actually said that Folsom Defense was Better then DLS and BG??… 🤣

Also, what about the Mental Edge that DLS had over Folsom in 2014 from back to back 5TD Beatdowns of the Same Folsom Players…. So Much so that Folsom lobbied the CIF so the didn’t have to play DLS to go to a SBG…..

You Folsom Homers Never Bring that Up…. Your Coach was already Beaten by DLS in 2014 because he didn’t want to play them…. If your Coach is Scared of DLS then so is the rest of the team….

It Took Folsom 5 year and their Best team Ever with 17 returning starters before Folsom would schedule DLS….

You can make up all the stories you want about “Witnesses”, but the reality is, Folsom was not Making up a 5 TD deficit with 2 new players…. And you also assume DLS wasn’t better in 2014 which they were….

The 2014 Folsom Arguement is so rediculous, they were not even as good as Folsom’s 2018 Team and they were shut out by a far worse DLS Team then the 2014 DLS team who would have beat Folsom 35-3 or something to that effect….

What you Folsom guys should be worried about is which team was Better, 2018 Folsom or 2014…. At Least 2018 was running scared of DLS like the 2014 team was…. 🤣
I have sighted who those witnesses are several times but i will say it again...maxpreps national writes had an opportunity to see all three teams that year and pegged Folsom as the better defense...there was an article about that....that defense combined with the OL and otherworldly offense...made it easily their best team...historically great

I have sighted who those witnesses are several times but i will say it again...maxpreps national writes had an opportunity to see all three teams that year and pegged Folsom as the better defense...there was an article about that....that defense combined with the OL and otherworldly offense...made it easily their best team...historically great
One witness? I am also witness of several instances of each of those teams that year. Although Folsom had the best defense compared to its own history, don't agree their defense was better than the other two teams in question.

Reactions: THEOC89
@THEOC89

As for Folsom’s best teams, I personally don’t think Folsoms 2010 team had the line play or defense to even give DLS a game. Whatever Graves and Richards brought to the offense, I’d think DLS’s offense wouldve just marched up and down the field every time they had the ball. I think the 14‘ team and the 18‘ teams were Folsoms best. 2014 perhaps the best TEAM, and 2018 the best PLAYERS.

✌🏼
Monterey Trail played the core of that 2010 team in 2009 (obviously, they were better in '10 than in '09). Additionally, MT played the 2014, 2018, and 2019 teams. Your take in this instance is pretty solid. 2014 was probably the best team, while 2018 was absolutely loaded with talent. 2019 had a great deal of talent, as well, but not the same level of line-play.

This argument has been defeated many times. I’m not going to outline all the reasons why yet again.

And there were more factors than just Jonah Williams.
No it has not been defeated at all…. You have never once addressed the Mental Edge that DLS had over Folsom…..

Your arguements are the only ones that have been defeated, because you just shape them to fit your narrative….

Example: You claim that 2010 Folsom is their 2nd best team when it was clearly 2014 Folsom or 2018 Folsom…. So your Claim that DLS has not beaten one of Folsom’s 2 best teams is 100% incorrect….

@THEOC89

How come anyone who even makes a claim you disagree with re: Folsom is automatically a “Folsom Homer”? I mean, get some new material.

Maybe I need to go back and re-read some of these comments, but I just don’t remember anyone stating ”Folsom 20XX would’ve beat DLS”. Your opinion seems to be that teams can’t have huge swings in success from one season to the next, which is ludicrous.
There are countless examples of below .500 teams turning things around and winning section titles the following year. Does anyone think BCP could’ve beat Folsom in 2014, probably not. Yet the Bells thumped Folsom in 15’. Quite a big swing year over year. Not sure why you won’t even acknowledge the possibility that Folsom’s 14’ couldve been much better than their 12 & 13 teams.

BTW - I’m with you on the Folsom rule, I hated it, and agree that it made Folsom look weak and scared. That said, I am glad these schools are now facing off with more regularity During the season.

As for Folsom’s best teams, I personally don’t think Folsoms 2010 team had the line play or defense to even give DLS a game. Whatever Graves and Richards brought to the offense, I’d think DLS’s offense wouldve just marched up and down the field every time they had the ball. I think the 14‘ team and the 18‘ teams were Folsoms best. 2014 perhaps the best TEAM, and 2018 the best PLAYERS. Having witnessed the 2018 game between DLS and Folsom, I honestly thought Folsom was the better team. But in the end it was DLS that made the plays that created the difference, and Folsom made mistakes when it mattered. I believe Folsom outgained DLS by a 3-1 margin, but the score was the only thing that matters. Until Folsom finally wins, it simply doesn’t matter what I, or anyone else thinks.

I can assure you one thing. If you and I ever disagree in the future, please don’t label me a “Homer” (For the record, I root against Folsom far more often than I root for them). Maybe, just maybe, there might be other intelligent opinions out there that differ from yours.

✌🏼
I was referring to @Jfoyosoul with the “Folsom Homer” because I believe they are a Folsom Homer…. 🤣

Excellent points all around except for the 2018 Game,…. According to Max Preps DLS out gained Folsom in that game 231 to 206 in total yards so there was not a 3-1 advantage in yards gained by Folsom…. But I agree, the 2018 game could have gone either way….

I do Believe that 2014 Folsom was better then 2013 and 12 which is why I believe they would have lost by a lesser margin then the other teams did to DLS…. However, their coaches were afraid to play DLS so personally I will take the 2018 team with the mobile QB, great Defense and better skill players…. Plus they had the Balls to play DLS, even-though it was a no lose game for Folsom…..

And your right, I did not think The Bells would beat Folsom in 2015…. The difference is Folsom didn’t hand The Bells back to back 5TD losses the prior 2 years to the point where their Coaches were afraid to play them…. So there was no mental edge for Folsom over The Bells….

And agree with you 100%, I don’t think you are a Folsom Homer and if I have referred to you as that, My Bad….🍻

I went back on Max Preps and reviewed all the Articles on Folsom in 2014 and 2015…. Not one of them mentions anything about Folsom having a Better Defense or anything better then BG or DLS who finished 1 and 2 in the final Max Preps Poll….

Please post a link to the article you are referring to so we all can see who these witnesses are who said that Folsom had a Better Defense then BG and DLS…..

I went back on Max Preps and reviewed all the Articles on Folsom in 2014 and 2015…. Not one of them mentions anything about Folsom having a Better Defense or anything better then BG or DLS who finished 1 and 2 in the final Max Preps Poll….

Please post a link to the article you are referring to so we all can see who these witnesses are who said that Folsom had a Better Defense then BG and DLS…..
I'm guessing a writer said something to them in conversation, but this is quite a thread lol

We actually have big games THIS week that we could talk about

• Haha

Better have Cousin Vinny call Miss Vito to the witness stand for details..........

• Haha
Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
@THEOC89

How come anyone who even makes a claim you disagree with re: Folsom is automatically a “Folsom Homer”? I mean, get some new material.

Maybe I need to go back and re-read some of these comments, but I just don’t remember anyone stating ”Folsom 20XX would’ve beat DLS”. Your opinion seems to be that teams can’t have huge swings in success from one season to the next, which is ludicrous.
There are countless examples of below .500 teams turning things around and winning section titles the following year. Does anyone think BCP could’ve beat Folsom in 2014, probably not. Yet the Bells thumped Folsom in 15’. Quite a big swing year over year. Not sure why you won’t even acknowledge the possibility that Folsom’s 14’ couldve been much better than their 12 & 13 teams.

BTW - I’m with you on the Folsom rule, I hated it, and agree that it made Folsom look weak and scared. That said, I am glad these schools are now facing off with more regularity During the season.

As for Folsom’s best teams, I personally don’t think Folsoms 2010 team had the line play or defense to even give DLS a game. Whatever Graves and Richards brought to the offense, I’d think DLS’s offense wouldve just marched up and down the field every time they had the ball. I think the 14‘ team and the 18‘ teams were Folsoms best. 2014 perhaps the best TEAM, and 2018 the best PLAYERS. Having witnessed the 2018 game between DLS and Folsom, I honestly thought Folsom was the better team. But in the end it was DLS that made the plays that created the difference, and Folsom made mistakes when it mattered. I believe Folsom outgained DLS by a 3-1 margin, but the score was the only thing that matters. Until Folsom finally wins, it simply doesn’t matter what I, or anyone else thinks.

I can assure you one thing. If you and I ever disagree in the future, please don’t label me a “Homer” (For the record, I root against Folsom far more often than I root for them). Maybe, just maybe, there might be other intelligent opinions out there that differ from yours.

✌🏼
I thought 2018 Folsom vs DLS we're very evenly matched. I thought Folsom had the better skill players on offense, but DLS had the better defense. I thought the lines of scrimmage were a wash, played to a stalemate. That tells you how good Folsom's lines were. Teams that can matchup with DLS along the LOS can beat them, and Folsom could have. But DLS has been in SO MANY big games over the years. That big game history won that game for them. I'd even point out that Folsom's refusal to schedule an MD or SJB, or Centennial came back to bite them. They had the talent, but not the big game, big opponent experience. That was the difference IMO

Agree that 2014 Folsom vs DLSD would have been closer. if both teams kept first string in the entire game, it would probably have been 42-21 DLS.

I will look for that article when i have time and as far as me being a folsom homer (whatever homer means) is yes i am a proud fan of folsom and what is wrong with that as i am sure you are of your team and what i have shared several times and what you seem to acknowledge for @mrbig864 but not for me is the rationale argument in favor of why folsom 2014 was so much better than the prior two years...and in 2012 and 2013 i had big belief folsom would win but had to reevaluate how i saw them compared to dls but 2014 was truly unique for all the reasons i and others (incl. several sports writers) have mentioned...in terms of mental edge of dls...yes that is true at least for 2012 and 2013 but if you go back and research, folsom actually used those experiences to drive them to what they accomplished in 2014...my understanding is that going into that season they didnt know the CIF would change the playoff format..they had spent the summer working extra hard to prepare for facing dls a 3rd time (3rd time is the charm right lol)...so i dont think folsom was mentally unprepared for dls but was actually using those learning experiences to be that much stronger..also sometimes mental toughness can change year to year so we dont know what would the outcome mentally would have been...but unfortunately folsom was unable to truly prove how great they were that year because of the format...i still think the best approach is to have the norcal open and the loser play in the d1aa

Looks like a good game of the little bit I saw.
Yes, it was closer then the final score, Those were 2 National top 10 Teams and both defenses made plays…. There weee 9 total turnovers…..

SFA is HUGE on the Lines and have some impressive running backs and a great looking WR…. QB play looks suspect, passes Game for SFA was not very good…. But their defense will be tough to move the ball on for DLS… Big and athletic D-Line…. The DLS QB will have to make plays in the passing game to beat these guys….

Last edited:
Folsom better in 2014 but not "that much better". The addition of their great lineman transfer really helped, but not sure any sports writers of note would say Folsom defense had improved so dramatically. Remember that in 2012 and 2013 if DLS had kept their first stringers in the entire game, it is possible they would have scored 90 points each game vs. Folsom, so I need to see where a very porous defense against top competition would have improved to the point that they were competitive vs. the SJB, MD, and DLS's of the world.

Yes, it was closer then the final score, Those were 2 National top 10 Teams and both defenses made plays…. There weee 9 total turnovers…..

SFA is HUGE on the Lines and have some impressive running backs and a great looking WR…. QB play looks suspect, passes Game for SFA was not very good…. But their defense will be tough to move the ball on for DLS… Big and athletic D-Line…. The DLS QB will have to make plays in the passing game to beat these guys….
Agreed, this will be a tough row to hoe for the Spartans.

if Folsom is so good why dont they schedule up like DLS....until they play a DLS schedule and win....they dont deserve the talk......this dude who is a folsom homer is the same dude who rambled all about folsom but has changed his schtick abit.....after the DLS losses he fell offf for a few weeks....wonder how many handles he has...

if Folsom is so good why dont they schedule up like DLS....until they play a DLS schedule and win....they dont deserve the talk......this dude who is a folsom homer is the same dude who rambled all about folsom but has changed his schtick abit.....after the DLS losses he fell offf for a few weeks....wonder how many handles he has...
They are playing DLS this year for what? The 3rd year in a row? They are the top ranked public school in the state.

What else do you want? A away and away at MD? To prove themselves? To who? Some bitter local dude on the wrong side of highway 80, that is pissed his teams have been getting spanked by Folsom for a decade?

They are playing DLS this year for what? The 3rd year in a row? They are the top ranked public school in the state.

What else do you want? A away and away at MD? To prove themselves? To who? Some bitter local dude on the wrong side of highway 80, that is pissed his teams have been getting spanked by Folsom for a decade?
How about Folsom Doing the Same thing Public School PITT did and Travel to Cen10 Back to Back Years and Play the Huskies because PITT actually wants to play the best teams…..

That is all, just show the same guts that PITT did and go play the #1 Public HSFB team in CA which will always be Cen 10 because they don’t play for D1, They play for The Open…..

Reactions: remc and Truthhertz
How about Folsom Doing the Same thing Public School PITT did and Travel to Cen10 Back to Back Years and Play the Huskies because PITT actually wants to play the best teams…..

That is all, just show the same guts that PITT did and go play the #1 Public HSFB team in CA which will always be Cen 10 because they don’t play for D1, They play for The Open…..
Good point about Centennial playing for the Open always.And usually the only SoCal public to make the Championship game. At least until MD and SJB took completely over

Centennial lost any chance of being the #1 public in CA when they got spanked at home against the mighty San Diego something something Catholic, whom Folsom has beat multiple times.

Centennial proudly boasts that they don't travel. Ever. Outside of SoCal. They've been invited multiple times to play teams in NorCal, to include Folsom, and have declined, stating "home game or you're scared!" Who would even entertain that?

The bottom line is the #1 public in CA is the mighty Bulldogs of Folsom.

Centennial lost any chance of being the #1 public in CA when they got spanked at home against the mighty San Diego something something Catholic, whom Folsom has beat multiple times.

Centennial proudly boasts that they don't travel. Ever. Outside of SoCal. They've been invited multiple times to play teams in NorCal, to include Folsom, and have declined, stating "home game or you're scared!" Who would even entertain that?

The bottom line is the #1 public in CA is the mighty Bulldogs of Folsom.
Cen10 Reached out to Folsom Pre COVID for a Game in 2020 and Folsom Said “We Prefer to Play Nor Cal Teams”….. This was documented on Cen10’s Twitter account….

PITT Traveled to Cen10 2 Times to play them…. Folsom is running scared….

Also in 2019 Folsom Lost to Monterey Trail by double digits, so by your same logic Folsom is not the #1 Public School in CA because the #1 public wouldn’t lose to MT by double Digits…. 🤣

Cen10 Reached out to Folsom Pre COVID for a Game in 2020 and Folsom Said “We Prefer to Play Nor Cal Teams”….. This was documented on Cen10’s Twitter account….

PITT Traveled to Cen10 2 Times to play them…. Folsom is running scared….

Also in 2019 Folsom Lost to Monterey Trail by double digits, so by your same logic Folsom is not the #1 Public School in CA because the #1 public wouldn’t lose to MT by double Digits…. 🤣
When you're second place gunning for the top, you have to travel. Not the other way around.

Centennials proclamation of "we don't travel" is a non starter. Pitt got bamboozled. Folsom is no Pitt.

Folsom is the #1 public in CA. They don't lose to something something Catholic from San Diego at home.

When you're second place gunning for the top, you have to travel. Not the other way around.

Centennials proclamation of "we don't travel" is a non starter. Pitt got bamboozled. Folsom is no Pitt.

Folsom is the #1 public in CA. They don't lose to something something Catholic from San Diego at home.
You are Correct!!!… Which is exactly why Folsom Needs to Travel to Cen 10 because they have been looking up to Cen 10 for years and Folsom has never beaten a Open Level Team or Made to The Open themselves like Cen 10 has…..

Wnen lose by double digits to teams like MT that don’t play for the Open, you are not The #1 public in CA….

Again, this is way too easy…. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: sammyswordsman
You are Correct!!!… Which is exactly why Folsom Needs to Travel to Cen 10 because they have been looking up to Cen 10 for years and Folsom has never beaten a Open Level Team or Made to The Open themselves like Cen 10 has…..

Wnen lose by double digits to teams like MT that don’t play for the Open, you are not The #1 public in CA….

Again, this is way too easy…. 🤣
If Centennial wants to be #1 they need to travel. Period.

If they were able to pull off that victory at home against something something Catholic, Folsom may have given in and traveled. Not any more.

Top Dawg (Bulldogs) stays home.

It’s so shocking to see our favorite Folsom Lover and our favorite Folsom Hater arguing on here again. These ridiculous arguments are simply on a repeating loop and yet “Pastyfast” (or Bulldog, or whatever he’s changed his name to this month) and “THEOC89” think we’ve all never heard them before.

I miss the good ole days when we were on here arguing whether we thought Grant could’ve beat DLS and kids went to high school in their own districts. 😜

Reactions: observer22
It’s so shocking to see our favorite Folsom Lover and our favorite Folsom Hater arguing on here again. These ridiculous arguments are simply on a repeating loop and yet “Pastyfast” (or Bulldog, or whatever he’s changed his name to this month) and “THEOC89” think we’ve all never heard them before.

I miss the good ole days when we were on here arguing whether we thought Grant could’ve beat DLS and kids went to high school in their own districts. 😜
Folsom is the only school that posters mention kids MUST be from and born within the district. Free for all for everyone else. Even cheered on Sac transfers to DLS!

If Centennial wants to be #1 they need to travel. Period.

If they were able to pull off that victory at home against something something Catholic, Folsom may have given in and traveled. Not any more.

Top Dawg (Bulldogs) stays home.
Cen 10 lost to San Diego CC by 1 point on the Road, once again you need to sharpen up your game….

Folsom got Beat Down and embarrassed by MT…. Folsom is maybe the #4 public?…. Let’s go Cen 10, Los Al, MV, then Folsom…. #4 sounds good for a team just getting their legs back after a soul Crushing loss to MT…. 🤣🤣

Reactions: sammyswordsman
Cen 10 lost to San Diego CC by 1 point on the Road, once again you need to sharpen up your game….

Folsom got Beat Down and embarrassed by MT…. Folsom is maybe the #4 public?…. Let’s go Cen 10, Los Al, MV, then Folsom…. #4 sounds good for a team just getting their legs back after a soul Crushing loss to MT…. 🤣🤣
The same mighty something something Catholic from San Diego that lost to Helix, Lincoln, and Carlsbad that year. At least they beat Centennial lol

Solid for the #2 public in CA- Centennial.

Up your game. I'm winning. Big.

Folsom is the only school that posters mention kids MUST be from and born within the district. Free for all for everyone else. Even cheered on Sac transfers to DLS!
Funny, I didn’t make mention of Folsom in relation to transfers In my comment. somebody seems sensitive.

Honest Question for you pasty, “How many handles have you had on this site over the years?“ I mean, “wouldn’t it just be easier to keep the same name/account rather than change it every season or two?”

The same mighty something something Catholic from San Diego that lost to Helix, Lincoln, and Carlsbad that year. At least they beat Centennial lol

Solid for the #2 public in CA- Centennial.

Up your game. I'm winning. Big.
The losses to Lincoln and Carlsbad were after the SDCC 3 year starter QB Broke his arm and was out for the season…. Know you’re Facts….

On a More Current Note, San Diego CC is Ranked #26 is the Country by Max Preps…. Cen10 Beat them 57-14….

A much better win then Folsom beating a 0-2 MT Team…. This is far to Easy, Cen 10 the #1 public in CA followed by Los Al, MV and Folsom at #4…. 🤣

Reactions: MC415
We must be getting closer to the Folsom/DLS game, he/she is getting nervous and already making excuses pulling out the “we’re the best PUBLIC school” I sure hope Pitt knocks them off this weekend to end this madness. Or we’ll have another 39 days until he goes back to his cave.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT