ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs Jesuit...venue change

Yes, way down according to a friend. The local kids are choosing other sports or schools because they don't see an opportunity to play on the varsity football team at Folsom. At the same time, the influx of players from out of state and other areas came slowed way down.

According to the Folsom coaches, the Folsom freshman do not have a QB. The QB who played with them in youth football last year - and should be the next in-line in the Folsom tradition is still in 8th grade. The assessment about football players playing other sports, or the other stuff is fabricated non-sense.

Ehhh they are ok. I haven't followed the frosh since my sons graduated a few years back.

Will you be at the game tonight?

I moved to Florida 6 months ago so I'm following from a distance. Appreciate all the info provided on here though. And I know you're always clutch with Folsom game updates on here so I'll be refreshing frequently tonight haha.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
According to the Folsom coaches, the Folsom freshman do not have a QB. The QB who played with them in youth football last year - and should be the next in-line in the Folsom tradition is still in 8th grade. The assessment about football players playing other sports, or the other stuff is fabricated non-sense.

OK then. That makes perfect sense.

Interesting take. Most people in the modern era would consider Folsom much more affluent than Jesuit. I get your point though.

Nice back handed slam Bulldog. Really? "Most people ... consider Folsom much more affluent than Jesuit"? MOST? MUCH? Yeah, I'm sure everyone living in Arden Oaks, Wilhaggin, Del Dayo and Sierra Oaks, etc is wishing they could somehow be affluent enough to live in Folsom. This is no dig at Folsom. We actually thought about moving there a few years back. Great public schools, less poverty and crime, and a great 'bang for the buck' when it comes to housing values. But your comment was either an obvious Jab at Jesuit, or just an ignorant one. From someone who has done plenty of research on it, I assure you it's more affordable to live in Folsom than the surrounding neighborhoods of Jesuits, and then pay nearly an extra $20k annually (per kid) on top of it.

Nice back handed slam Bulldog. Really? "Most people ... consider Folsom much more affluent than Jesuit"? MOST? MUCH? Yeah, I'm sure everyone living in Arden Oaks, Wilhaggin, Del Dayo and Sierra Oaks, etc is wishing they could somehow be affluent enough to live in Folsom. This is no dig at Folsom. We actually thought about moving there a few years back. Great public schools, less poverty and crime, and a great 'bang for the buck' when it comes to housing values. But your comment was either an obvious Jab at Jesuit, or just an ignorant one. From someone who has done plenty of research on it, I assure you it's more affordable to live in Folsom than the surrounding neighborhoods of Jesuits, and then pay nearly an extra $20k annually (per kid) on top of it.
I obviously disagree. But who really cares. I think your about 10 years in the past with your assessment. But thats ok. It wasn't a stab at anyone. I enjoy Jesuit and love watching them play. I actually love that little area. A bit old for my likes but nice nonetheless.

No need for anger. Excited for the game tonight!

I don't know about bang for your buck anymore. Since the Bay Area invaded the foothills about 5 years ago, it's gotten crazy. But I'm sure that is the case elsewhere. Cheers!

Last edited:
$5M and NO LIGHTS!!!?

accuracycounts is right. The reason they still don't have lights to this point is political and has nothing to do with $$. I doubt Jesuit has any less $$ or support than St. Mary's. Look at the turnout they get most years in the Holy Bowl against CBS. That game consistently draws upwards of 15-16K. They have a lot of interested alumni. I really think that if AD Harcos keeps pushing, they'll get it done eventually. As I've said in numerous threads, if Malibu High can fight the deep pocketed local residents and win, no reason the same can't happen eventually in Carmichael.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
accuracycounts is right. The reason they still don't have lights to this point is political and has nothing to do with $$. I doubt Jesuit has any less $$ or support than St. Mary's. Look at the turnout they get most years in the Holy Bowl against CBS. That game consistently draws upwards of 15-16K. They have a lot of interested alumni. I really think that if AD Harcos keeps pushing, they'll get it done eventually. As I've said in numerous threads, if Malibu High can fight the deep pocketed local residents and win, no reason the same can't happen eventually in Carmichael.

Yeah they always get a pretty good turnout for night games on the road of at Hughes for the Holy Bowl like you said. It's just that nobody wants to sit in the heat on a Saturday afternoon when they could be indoors watching college football. At least that's how I see it.

Reactions: ThunderRam
Yeah they always get a pretty good turnout for night games on the road of at Hughes for the Holy Bowl like you said. It's just that nobody wants to sit in the heat on a Saturday afternoon when they could be indoors watching college football. At least that's how I see it.

Totally agree. Playing 1pm SAT games probably cost my alma mater 50% of the attendance they likely would have got on a FRI night. Especially in Aug, Sept and even into early Oct.

If Jesuit was able to get lights, I'm sure they'd vault right near the top with regard to average attendance.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
No Friday night lights and hot Saturday weather aside, I don't think this is the case. Jesuit's new stadium is equally as nice as Folsom's. Folsom's venue is nice, but not especially great.

For me, personally, Prairie City Stadium has always felt void of something. I'm not a big fan of the surroundings or the vibe. There are much better venues elsewhere IMO. But I certainly understand your affinity for it. To each their own, I suppose.
I don't think the odds of Folsom winning the SFL next year are all that good. They do return Jonah Williams, but every other position will be a question mark.
Thunder,
I came across this post from the end of 2014. Thought it was interesting. How many has it been in a row now? Thoughts?

Thunder,
I came across this post from the end of 2014. Thought it was interesting. How many has it been in a row now? Thoughts?

Sure, I'll give you a couple thoughts.

1) I don't see a connection between the post you quoted from this thread re: facilities and the the 2014 one. What's the relevance?

2) You didn't just "come across" a 3-yr old post. Apparently you are really bored this labor day weekend. So, what's the point? Did I cut you off in Folsom traffic recently??

3) It's been 3 years in row. Not exactly unparalleled. It'll probably be 4 at the end of this season, as I believe Folsom will end up the best team in the SFL come November. But if I'm wrong, will you dig up and quote this post 3 years later?

I mean, I'm pretty sure I predicted that Folsom would beat Bellarmine later that same season (and so did you) but that the Bells shouldn't be underestimated and might surprise. How come you didn't dig up and quote those too? They have the same relevance to this current thread.

Sure, I'll give you a couple thoughts.

1) I don't see a connection between the post you quoted from this thread re: facilities and the the 2014 one. What's the relevance?

2) You didn't just "come across" a 3-yr old post. Apparently you are really bored this labor day weekend. So, what's the point? Did I cut you off in Folsom traffic recently??

3) It's been 3 years in row. Not exactly unparalleled. It'll probably be 4 at the end of this season, as I believe Folsom will end up the best team in the SFL come November. But if I'm wrong, will you dig up and quote this post 3 years later?

I mean, I'm pretty sure I predicted that Folsom would beat Bellarmine later that same season (and so did you) but that the Bells shouldn't be underestimated and might surprise. How come you didn't dig up and quote those too? They have the same relevance to this current thread.
No need to be mad. I thought it was a bit funny. Just wondered your thoughts. Sometimes it's fun to look back and ask why or how.

Just remind me never to take you to Vegas!

Go Rocklin!

Last edited:
No need to be mad. I thought it was a bit funny. Just wondered your thoughts. Sometimes it's fun to look back and ask why or how.

Just remind me never to take you to Vegas!

Go Rocklin!

Don't mistake confusion for anger. I don't get upset about anything on a message board. Especially from those I don't even know. Your post was just random and out of place and seemingly with a backhanded purpose. Thus the confusion.

FWIW, I'm fairly certain my prediction rate is better than yours. You're wrong quite a bit. And I do quite well in Vegas, thanks. :)

Don't mistake confusion for anger. I don't get upset about anything on a message board. Especially from those I don't even know. Your post was just random and out of place and seemingly with a backhanded purpose. Thus the confusion.

FWIW, I'm fairly certain my prediction rate is better than yours. You're wrong quite a bit. And I do quite well in Vegas, thanks. :)
Looking back at your predictions, I seem to be right much more than you. And Vegas? My second home. That 1099G sucks though.

Cheers!

Gee ... Bulldog posting something with 'backhanded purpose', shocking <sarc>
My favorite is how once people respond he goes to his famous follow up: "'Hey no need to get (upset, angry, mad, so serious, etc)."

Speaking of predictions, Bulldog stirring the pot and acting as if he didn't mean to is about as predictable as they come. Almost as predictable as someone hijacking any post about Folsom High and mentioning De La Salle.

Looking back at your predictions, I seem to be right much more than you.

You need lasik then.
In all seriousness, not even you are dumb enough to believe that.

Gee ... Bulldog posting something with 'backhanded purpose', shocking <sarc>
My favorite is how once people respond he goes to his famous follow up: "'Hey no need to get (upset, angry, mad, so serious, etc)."

i.e. a passive aggressive approach. Those of us that have been here long enough know what the deal is.

C'mon Thunder. You are the most passive aggressive poster on this forum. Especially when it comes to Folsom. I get that you aren't a fan. You are a Rocklin guy. But there's no need for all that here. We should support one another, not take back handed slaps like: they're stadium isn't that great, they won't even win their league next year, they're best team wasn't even the best in section history. On and on and on.....Ive been reading the same stuff for years. Still not sure why you care so much. No one else does. You always seem to backtrack when confronted. Just keep it real. Don't be a weirdo.

Don't hate because your team isn't on top. Let's support one another. Calling others dumb and posting passive aggressively does nothing. I only dish it when it is dished.

We are SFL brethren here!

Last edited:
C'mon Thunder. You are the most passive aggressive poster on this forum. Especially when it comes to Folsom. I get that you aren't a fan. You are a Rocklin guy. But there's no need for all that here. We should support one another, not take back handed slaps like: they're stadium isn't that great, they won't even win their league next year, they're best team wasn't even the best in section history. On and on and on.....Ive been reading the same stuff for years. Still not sure why you care so much. No one else does. You always seem to backtrack when confronted. Just keep it real. Don't be a weirdo.

Don't hate because your team isn't on top. Let's support one another. Calling others dumb and posting passive aggressively does nothing. I only dish it when it is dished.

We are SFL brethren here!

Finally, it's all starting to ooze out. You're trolling. Got it. Go fish somewhere else. Not gonna play that game with you. If you don't like my takes on Folsom, there's an ignore feature easily accessible. Use it.
As you were.

Finally, it's all starting to ooze out. You're trolling. Got it. Go fish somewhere else. Not gonna play that game with you. If you don't like my takes on Folsom, there's an ignore feature easily accessible. Use it.
As you were.
You oozed out 2 years ago. Ignore it is. I would ask for your takes on Rocklin too but the topic doesn't seem to be too popular these days.

Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Bulldog, You pull out a post Thunder made 3 years ago, and drop it on Him out of nowhere? Then you have the audacity to start in on Him for being passive-aggressive? Laughable, at best. If you want to look where this entire thread was 'hijacked' and turned into what it is now, look no further than your own post. And seriously, please explain to us how you 'came across' a post from 2014? Hilarious

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT