ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL SCOREBOARD: WEEK 2

Serra scores with 2:37 left, but is stuffed on the two point try.

Folsom leads 21-19

Serra goes for the tie and fails on a 2pt conversion. Folsom 21-19, 3 min remaining 4th Q. Folsom caught completely off guard on the inside kick

Reactions: THEOC89
Serra playing so much smarter…if Folsom loses, just look in the mirror. 2 min to go, Padres on the Bulldogs 43

Yup Folsom blew it when they went for the fg on the Serra 2 yard line and missed. Serra was able to run behind that big o line and wore Folsom’s down.

What a great effort for Serra! For the third straight game, they were able to hold the Folsom offense in check. I liked Heneghan for Serra. Tough runner who can make some plays as a passer too. Serra does a little bit of everyone on offense and it works!

Now focus turns toward next week and Serra-DLS with the winner well positioned as the No. 1 team

Sacred Heart beat Soledad, 42-0
Mitty beat Logan, 42-14
Valley Christian beat Wilcox, 24-7
St. Francis beat Helix, 35-14
Serra beat Folsom, 22-21
Granite Bay beat Vacaville, 17-14
De La Salle beat Grant, 42-14
St. Mary's Rams beat Central Catholic, 27-14
San Ramon Valley beat St. Ignatius, 28-10
Vanden beat Campolindo, 23-7
El Cerrito beat Amador Valley, 38-16
Los Gatos beat Soquel, 14-7
Riordan beat McClymonds, 35-34
Menlo-Atherton beat Bellarmine, 40-10
Inderkum beat Marin Catholic, 26-0

Last edited:
So was Serra underrated or Folsom overrated?
Sheesh

Congrats to Serra, but watching this game, I’m not sure how Folsom loses. Just not prepared. That onside kick was embarrasing
They might have been a bit overconfident after beating Poly the way they did. But they’re too well coached and too talented to not have been prepared. People didn’t think Serra was that good, with the graduation losses from last year’s State runner up team.

Reactions: mrbig864
Serra defense was physical as usual. St Francis looked good against Helix though not sure if this is strong Helix team. DLS looks good. Young Deuce Jones-Drew (2027) is going to be a terror for teams. Has his fathers speed.

So was Serra underrated or Folsom overrated?
BOTH

Folsom makes a chippy FGand its game over. They don’t, Serra knocks in a 40yarder, game over.

Folsom was better for 80% of the game, but Serra was smarter and more discipline. Bulldogs being caught off guard on the quick onside kick is 100% on the coaching

What a great effort for Serra! For the third straight game, they were able to hold the Folsom offense in check. I liked Heneghan for Serra. Tough runner who can make some plays as a passer too. Serra does a little bit of everyone on offense and it works!

Now focus turns toward next week and Serra-DLS with the winner well positioned as the No. 1 team
Yeah I just got home. Impressive game. All week everybody sort of wrote off Serra but we are still talking about a norcal power even in a "down" year. Has Folsom ever beaten serra? I don't recall.

And the more I watch Folsom the more I say wow... Lyons... But otherwise, Its sort of meh. He's the team. Incredible talent. Stop him and you win. Easier said then done.

Here in Modesto, Downey’s defense steps it up in the 2nd half, holding Elk Grove to 7 points to come away with a hard fought 53-42 win. Congratulations to both teams!

They might have been a bit overconfident after beating Poly the way they did. But they’re too well coached and too talented to not have been prepared. People didn’t think Serra was that good, with the graduation losses from last year’s State runner up team.
Beating Poly isn’t anything special for elite teams. They are a decent program but nowhere near what they once were. They got stomped again this week. Congrats to Serra

Reactions: remc and THEOC89
Yeah I just got home. Impressive game. All week everybody sort of wrote off Serra but we are still talking about a norcal power even in a "down" year. Has Folsom ever beaten serra? I don't recall.

And the more I watch Folsom the more I say wow... Lyons... But otherwise, Its sort of meh. He's the team. Incredible talent. Stop him and you win. Easier said then done.
I will say you gave Serra and their staff a punchers chance all week and said nit to sleep on them.

I think alot of people (myself included) bought into the hype after that LBP game. Watched a little bit of Lincoln raping LBP and really sets in how far Poly has fallen off and really cant count that as a big win at this point.

I wouldn't say Folsom is coached very well. They weren't prepared for obvious situations; onside kick, Serra running game, chip shot field goal. Seemed like the coach thought the athletes would get it done for him.

Yeah i am quite surprised. I thought this was supposed to be Folsom's year. I bought into the hype as well. My opinion on Folsom is that they play to arrogant. 4th and something, the ball is on your 3 yard line and you don't punt. Lyons runs and gets stopped way short of the first and then Serra has the ball on the 20 and scores a couple of plays later. to go up 13-0.

I guess Serra is better than we thought, at least better than I thought. Folsom will be fine, a long season,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT