ADVERTISEMENT

Galli Debunks Murphy

I think Pitt/Galli maybe referencing CVC backing out of second game a few years back. To be fair CVC backed out to play DLS but didn't reschedule again with Pitt and continued to play schools like castle mont, etc. The notion CVC will play anybody is a bit of a myth, they will play anybody they think they can beat. Who on these Boards can name one quality D1 team his program has beat? I can't think of any. There are plenty of teams here in Ca. They could schedule. They choose not to both in NorCal and Socal have quality comp they don't seem to play regularly. It should also be noted the program sends vertually nobody on to next level for a myriad of reasons, not D1, D2 nothing. I also agree that CVC needs to be in a division playing D1 schools, where they are at is silly, or go independent like DLS.

Reactions: Paloma
Ugly- how many on the CVC roster these days? I saw them practice a while back and they were running split practice for O and D and had more than enough guys to play a full 11on11 scrimmage for offense and defense with a bunch of guys on the side for both. Looked like 120 players (I'm sure it was less) it was crazy #'s for high school.

Don't forget about Maryland and Oregon State.

This is why this forum gets old, people just hating on here. Pitt rematch never occurred because that game was replaced by DLS, a very competitive game. There was never an agreement for a second game, Murph only wins by playing DLS. Think about it....what does a lost to DLS do to you in the rankings? Exactly, nothing. A win on the hand is NorCal history. Time to stop all the hating. DLS is a great program, Folsom not far behing. Pitt, CVC, and the rest are good programs.

Agap, I we have 80 some odd players. We do have split practices. JV and freshman have pretty good numbers too. The program is pretty healthy with numbers.

Reactions: AgapBltz
Murphy should have kept is mouth shut when he tried to call out DLS. I think CVC has little class as a program and a classless coach. They are trying to be like So Cal teams and recruit all over, taking in players from other schools after a players freshmen year. I wish them no success.

See absolutely nothing wrong from either side. Murph tried to get a game with the two teams that with a victory can put him in the open, and certainly Pitt is in the driver seat and gets no benefit out of playing Clayton. Hopefully they make it happen next year, because that will be a great game.

Year-in, year-out it is amazing how really good teams want to play Pitt and beat them. It always seem gratifying and a great feeling of pride and achievement for a team when it's able to beat Pitt. I guess most of the reason for it is if they can't beat the best of the North, DLS, maybe beating the obvious #2 Pitt who's played DLS many times in NCS finals is good enough! I always remember how Coach Carter when he was at Berkeley High was beaming with pride when his team beat Pitt the first time, then he moved on to coach other teams after that as if that was the climax of his high school coaching career. Berkeley started it's losing streak with Pitt after that. Granite Bay was also one of those strong teams that beat Pitt in initial series and eventually went losing later on. That's just how Pitt is, with so much enigma and mystery, it's hard to gauge its win or lose meter in every game. But, one thing for sure Pitt always gets better at the end. I think that's why DLS doesn't take for granted any game with Pitt; they can't afford to blink. So, yes why don't CVC schedule a preseason challenge with Pitt next season. Let's give them a try.

Reactions: sarpar
In the state? No way. Corona Centennial destroyed them earlier this season. They wouldn't stand a chance against the top Trinity League teams either.

Pitt has the players (D1's, size) and situation (district, school support, weight training classes, pop Warner and community buy-in) to compete with anyone in the state.

I did not say they are doing a good job with that. Centennial game shows that.

After watching last year's Freedom play off game & how clueless their D was vs Freedom (2nd time playing them) I understand why Galli don't want to play CV.

Reactions: UglyEagle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT