ADVERTISEMENT

Granite Bay versus Vacaville at Vacaville

Not suggesting that you and Dan are wrong, but I gotta believe it was closer to the upright than you guys think for them to call it no good. If it was as close to center as Dan suggests, there's no way they can mistake that call.

It just had to be closer than you think. Was the kick at an angle from the left or right hash?

I watched end zone camera...said official will be blocked from working our games again.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
I watched end zone camera...said official will be blocked from working our games again.

So was it down the middle or was it closer to the upright than Dan thought?

Also, aren't there TWO officials on point, one under each upright? I would think one would overrule the other if it was as obvious as you guys are saying. What gives?

So was it down the middle or was it closer to the upright than Dan thought?

Also, aren't there TWO officials on point, one under each upright? I would think one would overrule the other if it was as obvious as you guys are saying. What gives?

It's obvious the refs wanted GB to win

If someone has some footage of the FG called no good showing it was good, maybe Vacaville can file a protest with the SJS commissioner's office. Good luck!

Yeah saw that episode. Doesn't work.

brady_bunch_click_photograph.png

Not saying the refs wanted GB to win.....just bad calls and no calls....seems that the refs overall are not as good as they used to be.

I believe so! Gud luck on protesting wut was Jacksons stats...time to move on & prepare for Pittsburg!

We have two people saying they watched replays and FG was clearly good.

No comment after this, call me whatever u guys want to call me, If there's someone that likes justice it's me, If it was the other way around I would be mad too, I've been to many HS football games and been neutral on refs calling games and still seen some horrible refs once in a while. I've calm down over the refs the last few seasons, but this is one of those that are an exception. Also I've never seen Vacaville HC Mike Pop arguing with the refs and this game he must of gone out there twice. I understand refs aren't too good but when it's one sided like this it just makes you wonder.

One thing I must say is that the enzone Field Goal posts at Vaca High don't help at all they are white and very short as they convert into a Soccer goal too, I think that definetly doesn't help the refs or the kickers, because of the poles being so short, I've always wondered about that and ask myself why haven't they switched those Field Goal posts to the regular yellow Football long standing ones, that way if a ball is a hair off or right in line with the post it could have a chance to hit the post and bounce in.

That was a great game. But the only bad call I saw was maybe the int by GB, that looked like he took it from the Vaca WR. As far as the kick... it was no good. It really wasn't even close. I was on the field. While GB was trying to ice the kicker with 2 timeouts I was texting a friend saying this kicker is too good to ice, and then he pulls it wide left. I feel bad for the kid, he really is a great kicker. There was no robbery or win for the refs, Vaca had plenty of chances and played well. Good win for GB.

That was a great game. But the only bad call I saw was maybe the int by GB, that looked like he took it from the Vaca WR. As far as the kick... it was no good. It really wasn't even close. I was on the field. While GB was trying to ice the kicker with 2 timeouts I was texting a friend saying this kicker is too good to ice, and then he pulls it wide left. I feel bad for the kid, he really is a great kicker. There was no robbery or win for the refs, Vaca had plenty of chances and played well. Good win for GB.

Funny the Reporter says it was a hair off, I think it was closer than what u say because of the players reaction and the fact that the Refs took a little bit to decide, if it was such a bad kick there wouldn't have been that long pause and doubt by the refs

Last edited:
And @waggle95 and @tlc94115 said they had looked at video and that it was a good kick, I think it was very close I say it took an angle right over the left field goal post, I almost want to say if there was a regular long yellow FG posts it might have nicked the post and who knows what could have been, I'm sure it was closer that u say, just based on players reactions, also if it was as bad as u say it was GB players would have celebrated right away but they didn't, actually Vacaville players had their hands up. So it was really close.

Reactions: jcolay
It doesn't really matter to me if others think it was good. I don't need the film. It was no good. And the refs didn't huddle, they looked at each other and said no good. It's very common, obviously the ref on the right needs confirmation it was no good. And I'm a Vaca guy... I really thought they were going to pull it out. This whole nonexistent passing game is really getting to me. The WRs they throw out there look like middle school kids.

It doesn't really matter to me if others think it was good. I don't need the film. It was no good. And the refs didn't huddle, they looked at each other and said no good. It's very common, obviously the ref on the right needs confirmation it was no good. And I'm a Vaca guy... I really thought they were going to pull it out. This whole nonexistent passing game is really getting to me. The WRs they throw out there look like middle school kids.

Well get on with Vaca system they won't go to passing and they don't plan on doing it in the future with their current coaches, they've won two Section championships like that so I'm sure they won't change it, you just got to accept that's how they always played, trust me I understand your frustration but it is what it is, I personally think that they won't ever get to the next level if they don't balance the offense a bit more and work on developing wide receivers, by the next level I mean one day winning a State Title, only school I've seen win a State Title with Vaca style was Oakdale I believe. But that was like Division 3, I don't think you can beat any division higher than that with that kind of style there's just too many balanced style powerhouses and national Powers in Southern California to ever beat one of them for a State Title with this kind of style.

It's great getting the info from someone that was actually on the field of play. I've worked the sidelines at many high school games as well and would never say the refs slanted the game when I wasn't 100% sure. Just not a cool thing to do. It takes a lot away from the game when someone claims the refs cheated when they actually called the field goal attempt correctly. When you feel as if the refs may have cheated you should get confirmation from an official before spreading the fake news. I definitely know refs make intentional mistakes because sometimes they have a dog in the fight or dislike for another program. That said, I didn't believe a ref would blatantly take that game from Vacaville on their own field in front of their fans. They would have caught hell getting outta that place last night. Thanks for cleaning this up for all of us. It left a bad taste in my mouth when it was first reported that the refs cheated Vacaville. Once again, thanks for cleaning this up and have a great day.

It's great getting the info from someone that was actually on the field of play. I've worked the sidelines at many high school games as well and would never say the refs slanted the game when I wasn't 100% sure. Just not a cool thing to do. It takes a lot away from the game when someone claims the refs cheated when they actually called the field goal attempt correctly. When you feel as if the refs may have cheated you should get confirmation from an official before spreading the fake news. I definitely know refs make intentional mistakes because sometimes they have a dog in the fight or dislike for another program. That said, I didn't believe a ref would blatantly take that game from Vacaville on their own field in front of their fans. They would have caught hell getting outta that place last night. Thanks for cleaning this up for all of us. It left a bad taste in my mouth when it was first reported that the refs cheated Vacaville. Once again, thanks for cleaning this up and have a great day.

I was going by the video some people saw and players and coaches reactions. I'm sure if it was any of you guys favorite team and someone had came out and said they've had video of it you would have been mad too. Just saying

I was more mad about how the whole game was called there were other "blatantly" questionable calls and that close FG was like the cream on top.

I still don't believe anyone because I haven't seen any video, just want to note I recall something similar a few years back that someone actually posted the video on this board of some blown call that cost the game too I just can't remember what it was. But the video evidence was there so I don't believe the Field Goal was bad until I see proof but I just believe it was super close, a call that could have gone either way if the ref wasn't sure

Was bad officiating....saw the film after game on field.....fg was good....ref missed it!
Can't we get a link of film of the FG posted online. Looked there was camera behind the end zone.

On the other hand, the clock management at the end of the game was very poor. The need to have long huddles robbed the Dogs of 2-3 extra plays. Wonder why they can't give em 2 plays at a time or go no huddle.

I remember that blown call video on the FG. It was somewhere out in the Stockton area as I recall and both refs under the uprights looked at each other, nodded and proceeded to blow the call.

Can't we get a link of film of the FG posted online. Looked there was camera behind the end zone.

On the other hand, the clock management at the end of the game was very poor. The need to have long huddles robbed the Dogs of 2-3 extra plays. Wonder why they can't give em 2 plays at a time or go no huddle.
totally agree with you they had the momentum too, I believe they could have gone at least one more play and then have spiked the ball

I remember that blown call video on the FG. It was somewhere out in the Stockton area as I recall and both refs under the uprights looked at each other, nodded and proceeded to blow the call.
Thank you, this stuff happens and people don't believe, everyone is a saint seems like, this stuff happens at big league level, I've seen it happen at HS level, I remember when Vacaville played the Marin Catholic series in both games there was a Ref that was a teacher at Marin Catholic HS, funny. At least Vaca won one of two ;)

I was going by the video some people saw and players and coaches reactions. I'm sure if it was any of you guys favorite team and someone had came out and said they've had video of it you would have been mad too. Just saying
The problem I have is you've done this before. I get it that Vacaville is your team but it would be wise if you kept your frustrations away from the football site until it's confirmed what happened. You don't have to report what you heard from a random Vacaville fan. Especially since you didn't see it for yourself and we rely on you feeding us the game information. However, had you said where I was sitting/standing the missed field goal was questionable but it was a great game. That would have felt better then you saying the refs blew the call. I will add that you do a great job reporting the play-by-play action so keep doing what you're doing minus the extra's after a loss.:cool:

Reactions: Dan12Kings
I thought the game was called clean. You could even argue that the pass interference called on GB on the last drive shouldn't have been called. That was on a 4th and 5, would've ended the game.

It doesn't really matter to me if others think it was good. I don't need the film. It was no good. And the refs didn't huddle, they looked at each other and said no good. It's very common, obviously the ref on the right needs confirmation it was no good. And I'm a Vaca guy... I really thought they were going to pull it out.

I'm glad to hear that the disputed FG attempt was closer than was earlier reported and could have gone either way. You've made it clear that you believe it was clearly no good, while a few other Vaca fans feel the opposite, but that's a lot more understandable than the kick was down the middle (or near it) but called no good as was first suggested. That just didn't make sense or add up to me.

To be clear, I'm not saying that those on the side of the kick being good are wrong. I wasn't there. I didn't see the game, therefore I have no clue. I don't know whose POV is right and whose is wrong. I'm just glad to find out that the kick was actually close enough to the upright that it wasn't such a horrific call one way or the other. If it was truly a good kick, I have empathy for Vaca fans cause that's certainly a tough way to lose one.

Reactions: JoeMixon
Yep! Maybe Dan and Vacaville had these same refs? Dan, did one of the refs duck his down thinking the ball was going to hit him? Curious. West lost to Edison (home team) on October 23, 2009, in similar fashion. Refs were afraid for their lives to make the correction. Southside!!!

Here is the tape from the West HS (Tracy) vs Edison (Stockton) blown FG call:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT