ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Whitney forfeit?

Good video of incident here, as well as confirmation that 12 players will not play Friday.
https://www.kcra.com/article/12-grant-hs-players-benched-after-football-brawl/24460915

I hadn't seen this much clearer video before my last responses.

The only thing I'll add to what I stated already is that I agree @BigMann08 's assessment. That Whitney coach was in the wrong. While #55 for Grant surely should be held accountable for slamming a Whitney coach (he got the wrong guy!) and I do not condone the behavior --- I do understand it.

In a sport that's always preached as "us against the world" when something like that breaks out and someone is grabbing your facemask and seemingly acting aggressive towards you -- and you don't recognize that person as your coach, a teammate or a ref -- your instinct is to react. Pure and simple. When we break it all down in hindsight with a clear and level head, it seems so easy to say "don't do that". But in the heat of the moment when a perceived enemy is in your face, it's a bit different story. I don't agree with what #55 did, but I do understand why he did it. And I fully believe the Whitney coach instigated it by trying to aggressively restrain a player that was not his own.

If that had been Coach AL or another GHS coach pulling #55 out, I highly doubt the reaction would have been the same. Unless that coach was being actively attacked already, he had no business doing what he did. Handle your own players.

Last edited:
And just judging from KCRA's video and not knowing if something else happened before or after, I can't see how they got 12 Pacers for suspension. I get #55 and #11 for trucking the pile to defend #8 -- who was attacked by Whitney's #55 because he didn't like being put on roller skates -- and the longer suspension for #55 because he slammed the coach, but why the other 10?? I saw several Pacers trying to pull #55 back and trying to protect their own by pushing back, but nothing else that warranted suspension.

Whitney was more chippy with grant than their actual rival in rocklin. The way Whitney coach called the play going for fake punt in their own territory wmc calling trick plays you could tell they knew the season was over and has nothing to lose. The fight broke out because Whitney had nothing to lose and was trying to get he’s g to do exactly what grant did and that was fight. If this game was mid season that fight never happens. If you watched the film of the full fight Whitney players started it and didn’t want anything to do with it once it started, and Whitney’s main player who was chippy the whole game #10 they made sure he didn’t go on the field. Grant will take the bad rap cause they had multiple fights this year. Based on the sac bee article it looks like no Whitney player will be suspended I guess that’s the perks of being 0-10. Now grant will be lucky to get past Downey

Eh, I don’t really care how chippy a team is, there is no excuse for fighting.

But the talk about Grant being a disgrace is effing stupid. And kick them out of the league? Why? Because you’re afraid a coaching change will have them at or near the top of the league in a year or two?

I think that was a Oakdale fan that said that. Grant has been a coaching staff away from truly challenging dls for a while now. Coach AL has a stadium and a street named after him we honestly don’t know what he’s waiting for. He’s hurting the program rightnow more than he’s helping it. When there’s rumors of people petitioning to remove AL as the head coach that tells you all you need to know about the state of the program. When you have the best 14u pop warner team in nor cal and the parents are saying their kid won’t play for grant as long as AL is the coach that’s a problem.

Reactions: championcif75
I think that was a Oakdale fan that said that. Grant has been a coaching staff away from truly challenging dls for a while now. Coach AL has a stadium and a street named after him we honestly don’t know what he’s waiting for. He’s hurting the program rightnow more than he’s helping it. When there’s rumors of people petitioning to remove AL as the head coach that tells you all you need to know about the state of the program. When you have the best 14u pop warner team in nor cal and the parents are saying their kid won’t play for grant as long as AL is the coach that’s a problem.

Yeah it is tough because of who he is. You want to let him ride off into the sunset, but you want him to do it right now.

His opportunity to ride off into the sunset was after winning the state championship. Now it's just time to pull the plug.

He's not bigger than the school, the community, or the city. He didn't make Grant High School. But he has definitely played a part in its success.

Long time supporters no longer come to games. Everyone has had enough!

Reactions: championcif75
And just judging from KCRA's video and not knowing if something else happened before or after, I can't see how they got 12 Pacers for suspension. I get #55 and #11 for trucking the pile to defend #8 -- who was attacked by Whitney's #55 because he didn't like being put on roller skates -- and the longer suspension for #55 because he slammed the coach, but why the other 10?? I saw several Pacers trying to pull #55 back and trying to protect their own by pushing back, but nothing else that warranted suspension.

According to the article, they left the sideline and entered the field. Reason for suspension...
I also heard rumour that the WHS kid doing allot of the yapping is an ex DPH kid???

According to the article, they left the sideline and entered the field. Reason for suspension...
I also heard rumour that the WHS kid doing allot of the yapping is an ex DPH kid???

Ok, cool. I get it. But I still gotta ask, what about the Whitney players involved in the brawl and/or that came off the bench too? They couldn't have all been Seniors. They need to be suspended equally beginning next season since they don't have any more games to play this season. Otherwise this is selective prosecution and/or unilateral punishment.

And the more I've thought about it, they could still suspend any Seniors participating in other CIF/SJS sanctioned sports activities involving their school. I'll bet some of them participate on the basketball, wrestling, or baseball teams. Figure out an equivalent amount of games/matches and suspend them. All of the kids involved need to be held accountable if at all possible.

His opportunity to ride off into the sunset was after winning the state championship. Now it's just time to pull the plug.

He's not bigger than the school, the community, or the city. He didn't make Grant High School. But he has definitely played a part in its success.

As @mistark and I have both pointed when this has come up in the past, there's a lot more to it. It's not easy to coach in DPH. It takes a particular type of personality/demeanor and not everyone could be successful there -- no matter how good of a coach they may be.

Miles explained it really well a couple years ago. IMO, that's among the reasons Coach AL has been there so long and continues to be as long as he wants to be. While there will always be factions of parents in opposition (happens at every school), Coach AL has an innate ability to relate and communicate with his kids. And they believe and trust in him.

Having said that, if I was the AD there, I'd be trying my hardest to convince Coach to hand off more of the X's and O's responsibilities (and maybe he has, IDK) to focus on those other things he's great at. As we all know, a HC doesn't have to run the offense or defense. But it is likely hard to get talented coaches to want to be there not knowing whether they'll get their own shot to run the program. And some of them may discover they don't really want it when they see all that's involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: aztecpadre
Ok, cool. I get it. But I still gotta ask, what about the Whitney players involved in the brawl and/or that came off the bench too? They couldn't have all been Seniors. They need to be suspended equally beginning next season since they don't have any more games to play this season. Otherwise this is selective prosecution and/or unilateral punishment.

And the more I've thought about it, they could still suspend any Seniors participating in other CIF/SJS sanctioned sports activities involving their school. I'll bet some of them participate on the basketball, wrestling, or baseball teams. Figure out an equivalent amount of games/matches and suspend them. All of the kids involved need to be held accountable if at all possible.

Agree and Agree buttttt....I would think that some where in the rules there must be a stipulation that if your a senior that you may be suspended from your next sport...Is that in the by-laws?? Bet it is not and they don't want a law suit....Garrison is good at what he does....

Agree and Agree buttttt....I would think that some where in the rules there must be a stipulation that if your a senior that you may be suspended from your next sport...Is that in the by-laws?? Bet it is not and they don't want a law suit....Garrison is good at what he does....

Great point. I don't pretend to know. But I will say that if it isn't in the by-laws, it should be. Besides, a kid can get suspended from any sporting activity throughout the year based upon their behavior in school and their grades. I don't see how this is any different. It's school and section sponsored activity. They're representing their school.

As @mistark and I have both pointed when this has come up in the past, there's a lot more to it. It's not easy to coach in DPH. It takes a particular type of personality/demeanor and not everyone could be successful there -- no matter how good of a coach they may be.

Miles explained it really well a couple years ago. IMO, that's among the reasons Coach AL has been there so long and continues to be as long as he wants to be. While there will always be factions of parents in opposition (happens at every school), Coach AL has an innate ability to relate and communicate with his kids. And they believe and trust in him.

Having said that, if I was the AD there, I'd be trying my hardest to convince Coach to hand off more of the X's and O's responsibilities (and maybe he has, IDK) to focus on those other things he's great at. As we all know, a HC doesn't have to run the offense or defense. But it is likely hard to get talented coaches to want to be there not knowing whether they'll get their own shot to run the program. And some of them may discover they don't really want it when they see all that's involved.
Great dialogoue @ThunderRam...I agree that it would take a special person to coach at Grant. Finding a quality HC should not be as difficult as people make it out to be. There are a host of excellent coaches/leaders/personalities who only want to coach in the Inner City.

DPH has a strong alumni, great football talent, community support, and a good pop Warner program. You dont find these dynamics at most inner city schools.

The question then becomes who will be responsible for hiring the next head coach...Will there be an open search or will one of the current staff take it over? This is where things can get complicated/ugly...

Reactions: ThunderRam
Great dialogoue @ThunderRam...I agree that it would take a special person to coach at Grant. Finding a quality HC should not be as difficult as people make it out to be. There are a host of excellent coaches/leaders/personalities who only want to coach in the Inner City.

DPH has a strong alumni, great football talent, community support, and a good pop Warner program. You dont find these dynamics at most inner city schools.

The question then becomes who will be responsible for hiring the next head coach...Will there be an open search or will one of the current staff take it over? This is where things can get complicated/ugly...

I've consistently heard Aaron Garcia's name tossed around. Does anyone know if he's really interested? I played against Aaron and Coach AL was the D-coordinator back in those days so I'm not sure if they got along well or not. I've kind of got the impression there's friction between the two. IDK whether Garcia would be a capable HC or not. His dad certainly had a ton of coaching experience, but Aaron doesn't have an abundance since he played pro ball for such a long time. But he'd certainly seem like one that would understand the players and community and whose name garners respect in DPH -- if nothing else.

The California Interscholastic Federation, the governing body of high school sports in the state, issued a warning on Thursday in the wake of what it called “a disturbing trend exhibited across our state at school athletic contests and activities of fighting, bench-clearing brawls and threats of retaliatory actions that have disrupted, postponed and canceled games due to inappropriate behavior, both on the field and in the stands and parking lots.”

The CIF is reminding schools of the “CIF Operating Principles of Pursuing Victory with Honor.” The release was issued specifically because of incidents in football.

According to the news release, “The CIF reserves the right to deny a member school participation in regional and state championship games regardless of their status as qualifiers from their sections if these important standards are not met.”

There have been fights in both Northern and Southern California recently. Carson of the City Section is facing possible one-game suspensions of a number of players when they left the sideline during a Marine League football game last week against Narbonne.

I've consistently heard Aaron Garcia's name tossed around. Does anyone know if he's really interested? I played against Aaron and Coach AL was the D-coordinator back in those days so I'm not sure if they got along well or not. I've kind of got the impression there's friction between the two. IDK whether Garcia would be a capable HC or not. His dad certainly had a ton of coaching experience, but Aaron doesn't have an abundance since he played pro ball for such a long time. But he'd certainly seem like one that would understand the players and community and whose name garners respect in DPH -- if nothing else.

He wanted to take over the offense couple years ago al didn’t like that so he left. Grant could have a really great coaching staff but al doesn’t want it to happen. What’s going on at grant is deeper than what people think. People outside of the community celebrate coach AL, but the people in the community has wanted al gone for a decade. Having talked to former coaches al would scrap a game plan that they worked on all weak on game day and just call plays with no play sheet. Truth is al doesn’t want help and is probably scared to walk away from coaching. But it’s bad at grant there are trying to petition to get al out of the program

He wanted to take over the offense couple years ago al didn’t like that so he left. Grant could have a really great coaching staff but al doesn’t want it to happen. What’s going on at grant is deeper than what people think. People outside of the community celebrate coach AL, but the people in the community has wanted al gone for a decade. Having talked to former coaches al would scrap a game plan that they worked on all weak on game day and just call plays with no play sheet. Truth is al doesn’t want help and is probably scared to walk away from coaching. But it’s bad at grant there are trying to petition to get al out of the program
I've seen a lot of old football dudes wear out their welcome. To some giving up power is like death. Give the youngbloods an opportunity to shine just like the old heads gave you one. Some can be so shallow minded and selfish when it comes to this "game". Gosh darn ridiculous!!! Al should be mentoring a younger coach during this time in his career. Coach Lad has sent off a bunch of coaches to do what he loved. He also walked away from the head coach position before he wore out his welcome. What is Al thinking.....

I believe Grants next hire can be a make'em or break'em scenario sort of speak. If they hire the right guy they will push Folsom for SJS championships. If they hire the wrong guy, I can see them becoming the next Valley Vikings or Laguna Creek Cardinals program of North Sac. Both those programs had great alumni and booster support as well as off the charts youth programs in the (Sac Raiders & South Sac Vikings). I pray they pick the right guy because when Grant is at it's best they make all of NorCal better. I'm pulling for the PACERS!!!!

I believe Grants next hire can be a make'em or break'em scenario sort of speak. If they hire the right guy they will push Folsom for SJS championships. If they hire the wrong guy, I can see them becoming the next Valley Vikings or Laguna Creek Cardinals program of North Sac. Both those programs had great alumni and booster support as well as off the charts youth programs in the (Sac Raiders & South Sac Vikings). I pray they pick the right guy because when Grant is at it's best they make all of NorCal better. I'm pulling for the PACERS!!!!
You make a great point...that would be horrible...I'd like to see Reggie Harris and Aaron Garcia come back... I know Reggie is at St. Thomas Aquinas in Florida and Aaron Garcia is at Capital Christian...

I get what your saying.

I just feel differently. You have rules, and if they are not followed then there are consequences. You can't just start making exceptions because its the playoffs or at any other time. Why even have rules if you are going to make an exception to it?

Now if you want to argue that the rule should be changed to consider circumstances then I can get behind that. As of right now though the rule is leave the bench and you sit out. There are no exceptions.

I played high school sports and I understood that. Were there times that I wanted to run out onto the field, yeah. But I didn't because I knew the rule.

Listen Grant has had several altercations on the field this year. So I am pretty sure Coach Alberghini has talked to his team about the rules. Still the players did what they did, and now they are going to suffer the consequences.

Maybe it isn't fair, but life isn't fair. You're sending the wrong message to these kids if you let them play.

BINGO!

It’s the rule, and it’s there for a reason, to protect the kids. And while it sucks for Grant, the reality is....those kids chose to leave the sideline. I hope the Pacers still win, but I’m with you on this.

You make a great point...that would be horrible...I'd like to see Reggie Harris and Aaron Garcia come back... I know Reggie is at St. Thomas Aquinas in Florida and Aaron Garcia is at Capital Christian...

I've said it before, but the Pacers program took a huge hit when Reggie left. The timing of the decline isn't a coincidence. I used to see him from time to time at a local watering hole out here in Rocklin where he lived. Really good dude.

I remember the reasons for his leaving being kinda hush hush, but IIRC it was over issues with Mike. His son ended up playing at a school in FLA.

I wonder if he'd be interested in coming back out here if the opportunity presented itself? That'd be a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

That's kinda where I'm at on this. Coach AL can't be replaced with the wrong guy. It'd be better to let him stay for the reasons I've already outlined. But if they could get Reggie Harris and Aaron Garcia to work together on the defense and offense respectively, that surely could work. But bringing in a coach that really doesn't have ties to or understand the community almost assuredly won't work.

I miss Reggie's 3-5-3 defense and all the different looks he came up with. Run-heavy offenses rarely had a chance.

Aren't there rumors that Dougherty (ex whitney and sac high) coach is in the mix?
My opinion is Grant (regardless of coach) will be a middle of the SFL type team for years to come. Too many demographic changes going on. Better football being played up the 50 and 80 corridors. Better coaching and school (Inderkum) in the neighborhood. Kids aren't transferring into Grant.

Folsom is loaded next year. Oak Ridge had 5-6 soph that played a ton and a very good class. Wait until you see there QB. We know what DO and GB programs look like. Rocklin had a tough year but has a strong class coming up and good JV team. Unless something dramatically changes you have a 3-4th place Grant team next year.

Doubt you leave Capital Christian to come to Grant. Not with success and direction of that program.

That's kinda where I'm at on this. Coach AL can't be replaced with the wrong guy. It'd be better to let him stay for the reasons I've already outlined. But if they could get Reggie Harris and Aaron Garcia to work together on the defense and offense respectively, that surely could work. But bringing in a coach that really doesn't have ties to or understand the community almost assuredly won't work.

I miss Reggie's 3-5-3 defense and all the different looks he came up with. Run-heavy offenses rarely had a chance.

I was told Aaron Garcia was recently promoted to AD at Cap. Christian????

@Legend
With the right person in there, a lot of people will come back. In my opinion, they've had a great supporting cast, but lost two all city running backs that cost them two more section titles.

Robert Dotson Jr. 2k yard rusher/speedster.

DeMarcus Ross 2k yard rusher/crazy talented.

In my opinion, these young men would have gotten a lot more recruiting exposure and accolades at Grant. Grant produces lineman and athletes. It is a showcase for running backs. Which is why we call it Running Back U. For running backs, there's not a better option in NorCal than Grant High.

Losing those two kids, caused Grant to turn to the spread.

Last edited:
Reactions: FootballJunkie101
I hadn't seen this much clearer video before my last responses.

The only thing I'll add to what I stated already is that I agree @BigMann08 's assessment. That Whitney coach was in the wrong. While #55 for Grant surely should be held accountable for slamming a Whitney coach (he got the wrong guy!) and I do not condone the behavior --- I do understand it.

In a sport that's always preached as "us against the world" when something like that breaks out and someone is grabbing your facemask and seemingly acting aggressive towards you -- and you don't recognize that person as your coach, a teammate or a ref -- your instinct is to react. Pure and simple. When we break it all down in hindsight with a clear and level head, it seems so easy to say "don't do that". But in the heat of the moment when a perceived enemy is in your face, it's a bit different story. I don't agree with what #55 did, but I do understand why he did it. And I fully believe the Whitney coach instigated it by trying to aggressively restrain a player that was not his own.

If that had been Coach AL or another GHS coach pulling #55 out, I highly doubt the reaction would have been the same. Unless that coach was being actively attacked already, he had no business doing what he did. Handle your own players.

I don't get how Whitney got off scott free? The underclassmen should be suspended for games next year and the seniors should be suspended from games of any other sport they play this year. CIF does not just govern football. Same goes for the coach that ripped off the grant players helmet, he should be suspended for games next year if he is back on the coaching staff. This just looks like Grant is the only one getting in trouble, when it took 2 to tango. Not a good look for the governing body IMO. I do not in anyway condone fighting, but those who have played the game know that coaches preach to players about being a team and going to battle on the field, protecting each other and stuff like that. Those that left the bench to help their brothers by trying to get them to stop fighting are only doing what they are taught. To protect each other on the field. Just my .02 on the matter.

I don't get how Whitney got off scott free? The underclassmen should be suspended for games next year and the seniors should be suspended from games of any other sport they play this year. CIF does not just govern football. Same goes for the coach that ripped off the grant players helmet, he should be suspended for games next year if he is back on the coaching staff. This just looks like Grant is the only one getting in trouble, when it took 2 to tango. Not a good look for the governing body IMO. I do not in anyway condone fighting, but those who have played the game know that coaches preach to players about being a team and going to battle on the field, protecting each other and stuff like that. Those that left the bench to help their brothers by trying to get them to stop fighting are only doing what they are taught. To protect each other on the field. Just my .02 on the matter.
I couldn't agree more with your post. If I could add I would only suspend the Whitney players that tried to stop the fighting for a half (not) a whole game. The whole gamers are those that participated in the malee. The whole gamers for Whitney would be their assistance coach that grabbed the Grants player facemask and #72. The rest of the players would be suspended only for a half if you want to be fair. Makes no sense to suspend players for a whole game when you know they were helping to stop the fighting. Crazy!!!!

I was told Aaron Garcia was recently promoted to AD at Cap. Christian????

I haven't heard that. I'll check with my buddy. But I do know his kid will be a sophomore next year and looks like he will be taking the reins at QB next year on varsity. Don't see AG walking away from that to take over Grant...

The whole gamers for Whitney would be their assistance coach that grabbed the Grants player facemask and #72. The rest of the players would be suspended only for a half if you want to be fair. Makes no sense to suspend players for a whole game when you know they were helping to stop the fighting. Crazy!!!!

How about #55 for starting the entire thing by slamming GHS’s #8? Just because he didn’t like being put on roller skates.

How about #55 for starting the entire thing by slamming GHS’s #8? Just because he didn’t like being put on roller skates.
My bad, I was just speaking on the Whitney players. When it comes to #55 he should be out for tonight's game for sure. His actions would also be under further investigations as well. His aggressive actions could actually get him an additional game if we're talking about being fair. He swung a few times on the player that put him on skates. He may have thrown a few punches in the big melee. He also body slammed a coach. It's obvious the kid has a lot of angry aggression built up inside. This uncontrollable aggression may garner a two game suspension. I love his energy but #55 makes coaching hard. Just my take on what little footage of him I've seen. He definitely needs football. Hope he matures and stay with it.

My bad, I was just speaking on the Whitney players. When it comes to #55 he should be out for tonight's game for sure. His actions would also be under further investigations as well. His aggressive actions could actually get him an additional game if we're talking about being fair. He swung a few times on the player that put him on skates. He may have thrown a few punches in the big melee. He also body slammed a coach. It's obvious the kid has a lot of angry aggression built up inside. This uncontrollable aggression may garner a two game suspension. I love his energy but #55 makes coaching hard. Just my take on what little footage of him I've seen. He definitely needs football. Hope he matures and stay with it.

#55 is the same kid who went over top against DO as well. Good football player but he needs a mentor.

Wrong #55. After reviewing the recording I noticed it was Whitney's #55 you're speaking of. Yeah that kid should definitely get a whole game for starting the whole thing. Grants #55 did not swing on anyone as far as I can see. He bodied the Whitney coach after getting his face masked snatched. So since he was defending himself while in the game he shouldn't get a suspension. Basically, the Whitney player and coach created and escalated this whole fiasco.

Has the section commissioner told the teams involved they could be tossed from the playoffs for anymore infractions of the code of conduct?
The Los Angeles City section commissioner has told Narbonne they will be eliminated for any more infractions

Aren't there rumors that Dougherty (ex whitney and sac high) coach is in the mix?
My opinion is Grant (regardless of coach) will be a middle of the SFL type team for years to come. Too many demographic changes going on. Better football being played up the 50 and 80 corridors. Better coaching and school (Inderkum) in the neighborhood. Kids aren't transferring into Grant.

Folsom is loaded next year. Oak Ridge had 5-6 soph that played a ton and a very good class. Wait until you see there QB. We know what DO and GB programs look like. Rocklin had a tough year but has a strong class coming up and good JV team. Unless something dramatically changes you have a 3-4th place Grant team next year.

Doubt you leave Capital Christian to come to Grant. Not with success and direction of that program.

What’s your deal with grant? Why do you hate them so much? Grant is a middle of the pack sfl team now with less than stellar coaching you couldn’t show me more than 2 teams in the sjs that put more talent on the field than grant. 30 years of history shows that grant will have a lot of talent. Have you seen their youth program? Their 14u team hasn’t lost in 2 years their 10u 6u is just as good. Their are grant kids at natomas and inderkum jr tigers as well. People love to bring up the jr bull dogs not even in the same league as our youth teams. You mentioned the other sfl teams but let’s talk some facts when he’s another team in the sfl ever had better athletes and size than grant almost never! Folsom has an imported team and for the first time folsom had size to match grant and even had the play makers to match em and beat them. I’m starting to believe you’re scared of the pacers getting back to dominating.

@Legend
With the right person in there, a lot of people will come back. In my opinion, they've had a great supporting cast, but lost two all city running backs that cost them two more section titles.

Robert Dotson Jr. 2k yard rusher/speedster.

DeMarcus Ross 2k yard rusher/crazy talented.

In my opinion, these young men would have gotten a lot more recruiting exposure and accolades at Grant. Grant produces lineman and athletes. It is a showcase for running backs. Which is why we call it Running Back U. For running backs, there's not a better option in NorCal than Grant High.

Losing those two kids, caused Grant to turn to the spread.

Grant turned into the spread because they had the best qb in the city and was a pure passer (Chad Elliot’s son) he left after they catered the offense to him

I have a buddy that keeps in touch with him I was told if grants head coaching position comes open he’d apply in a heartbeat. His heart is at grant it’s hard to leave something you built to just being another guy at an established power house. He helped built some special season at grant as great as folsom has been they’ll never reach the highs that grant has reached under Reggie Harris. Folsom hasn’t had a game on espn since they still haven’t had a army all American player. Harris brought a lot of exposure to Sacramento. I still won’t forget when he called dls out for being scared to play grant

Wrong #55. After reviewing the recording I noticed it was Whitney's #55 you're speaking of. Yeah that kid should definitely get a whole game for starting the whole thing. Grants #55 did not swing on anyone as far as I can see. He bodied the Whitney coach after getting his face masked snatched. So since he was defending himself while in the game he shouldn't get a suspension. Basically, the Whitney player and coach created and escalated this whole fiasco.

Yeah, sorry. I should have been more specific. But that's to whom I was referring. That move ignited the the entire thing, though it sounds like a lot led up to it. But it was the final straw, for sure.

Grant turned into the spread because they had the best qb in the city and was a pure passer (Chad Elliot’s son) he left after they catered the offense to him

Where did Elliot's son end up and why did he leave? I'd forgotten about him and don't have clue where he's playing now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT