ADVERTISEMENT

Grats to Piedmont??

That's why BOD isn't heartbroken off the loss.... Guaranteed stay away from open and still win a NCS..... Dbl whammy!

That's why BOD isn't heartbroken off the loss.... Guaranteed stay away from open and still win a NCS..... Dbl whammy!

BOD isn't an open team, BOD is barely a DI team. The only thing going for them this year is the name on the front of their jersey...it still scares the crap out of everyone. They do have some great athletes, not so good shooters, turn over prone, but they're still physical as heck and will get into you on defense. As I've said before, when coaches don't have the horses, it really shows how well you can actually coach.

he has a good team, but throw a different coach with these kids and it's a whole different story.

BOD isn't an open team, BOD is barely a DI team. The only thing going for them this year is the name on the front of their jersey...it still scares the crap out of everyone. They do have some great athletes, not so good shooters, turn over prone, but they're still physical as heck and will get into you on defense. As I've said before, when coaches don't have the horses, it really shows how well you can actually coach.

he has a good team, but throw a different coach with these kids and it's a whole different story.
Don't they have 2 girls playing division one basketball next year?

Don't they have 2 girls playing division one basketball next year?

I have no clue. I know thought Holland committed, but didn't see her name anywhere...I couldn't tell you the other D1 commit on that team

I have no clue. I know thought Holland committed, but didn't see her name anywhere...I couldn't tell you the other D1 commit on that team
Lexi Love is playing at Brown and Holland at Grand Canyon. Not high level D1 but still D1 talents.

Congrats to Piedmont. Bryan does a good job there.

I’m surprised it hasn’t clicked for O’Dowd. I know Holland was out for a stretch. They had a lot of returning talent from the NCS title team

That league winning streak was at least 10 years long ... maybe 100 games?

And then Piedmont turns around and loses to Castro Valley ...

That league winning streak was at least 10 years long ... maybe 100 games?

And on the boys side last night, SMS beat Modesto Christian snapping the nation’s longest winning streak.

It’s over! Modesto Christian’s national-best league winning streak snapped at 194 games by St. Mary’s, 60-54. Streak began in 1996.

Congrats to Piedmont. Bryan does a good job there.

I’m surprised it hasn’t clicked for O’Dowd. I know Holland was out for a stretch. They had a lot of returning talent from the NCS title team

I"ve been saying this for the last 2-3 years. They're not the same O'Dowd-especially this year. They had close games with Piedmont, Alameda, and Mt. Eden...then closer games with Pinewood, Cardinal Newman...doesn't make any sense. Never in a million years would they normally have trouble in league. It's not like they don't have the horses...they have some good players and they always play hard. As I said in a previous post, poor coaching eventually shows up and even more so when the cupboard is bare.

I"ve been saying this for the last 2-3 years. They're not the same O'Dowd-especially this year. They had close games with Piedmont, Alameda, and Mt. Eden...then closer games with Pinewood, Cardinal Newman...doesn't make any sense. Never in a million years would they normally have trouble in league. It's not like they don't have the horses...they have some good players and they always play hard. As I said in a previous post, poor coaching eventually shows up and even more so when the cupboard is bare.
Always easy to point to bad coaching after a team loses or falls on hard times. Their history of success speaks volumes and before someone chimes in, no not everyone can win with talent.

Always easy to point to bad coaching after a team loses or falls on hard times. Their history of success speaks volumes and before someone chimes in, no not everyone can win with talent.

Winning doesn't always correlate with good coaching and good coaching doesn't always equal winning seasons. When you can get any player you want into these schools it's easy to win. They have had a good history since McCord took over, but have you actually watched a game? What they do on offense? What is evident on the defensive end? Yeah it's easy to point to bad coaching when they've fallen on hard times but at some point you have to really take a good look at the direction of the program. He's always played a VERY tough schedule and his kids are always playing hard. They seem to like him and he's not one of the hooting and hollering kinds of coaches.

But I'd like to hear from someone that's actually been at practice and seen development or thoughtful practice planning. Because I just can't see it and haven't seen it on the court-that being said, they do have a fantastic history of winning! Pinewood, Mitty, SMS, MM..they all look like they do things, work on things, resemble a structured offense with counters if it breaks down. good coaches continue to learn their craft. If you stop learning then whats the point? Proof is in the pudding and they have enough talent to still be very dangerous.

Last edited:
Reactions: basketba11
Winning doesn't always correlate with good coaching and good coaching doesn't always equal winning seasons. When you can get any player you want into these schools it's easy to win. They have had a good history since McCord took over, but have you actually watched a game? What they do on offense? What is evident on the defensive end? Yeah it's easy to point to bad coaching when they've fallen on hard times but at some point you have to really take a good look at the direction of the program. He's always played a VERY tough schedule and his kids are always playing hard. They seem to like him and he's not one of the hooting and hollering kinds of coaches.

But I'd like to hear from someone that's actually been at practice and seen development or thoughtful practice planning. Because I just can't see it and haven't seen it on the court-that being said, they do have a fantastic history of winning! Pinewood, Mitty, SMS, MM..they all look like they do things, work on things, resemble a structured offense with counters if it breaks down. good coaches continue to learn their craft. If you stop learning then whats the point? Proof is in the pudding and they have enough talent to still be very dangerous.
I have not seen a practice. I saw BOD play twice this year. But again, I would not know exactly what to look for other then they seem to be coached and have a plan. But i am a fan and not a coach

I think teams even out quickly when you take out high level talent. The last two years they haven't had those players.

Still think Malik and his staff do a good job and have advantages when it comes to incoming players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT