ADVERTISEMENT

Greetings from COUGAR Country!

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Almost time for the Campolindo Cougars to face College Park in a league matchup...

CP brings an 8-6 record into the fray, having lots in a heartbreaker last time out to Las Lomas.

Cougs are 10-4 after beating Northgate last time out...

Carter Mahaney is in uniform for the Cougs after missing the last game with a wrist injury...

No brace or anything on his hand, no idea if he’s gonna play, or how much if he does.

Carter not starting and has warmup hoodie on now... My guess is he “gave it a go” in warmups, but will stay out... But that’s only a guess.

Aidan swats a baseline driving layup into next week... But it’s 9-6 CP. 1:06 left 1st.

15-13 Cougs, 3:08 left in the half... Game has been quite similar to the Northgate slogfest.

Cougs lead 20-17 at the half after Callas puts it back in at the halftime buzzer.

Aidan opens the 3rd quarter up with a nice running floater... 22-17... Chase Bennnet on a runout... 24-17. Callas on a short J... 26-17. 6:18 left 3rd.

CP’s big scores inside... Aidan nails a 3! 31-20.Aidan on a gorgeous lookaway pass onthe break... didn’t even see who puit ‘er in. 33-20, 3:09 left 3rd.

35-24 now, 55 secs left 3rd... Cougs not shooting well, but CP having a *horrible* shooting night. I’m not sure they’ve even made ONE shot beyond 10-12 feet.... But Cougs make a putback at the buzzer (again) to make it 37-24 after three quarters.

CP in the bonus with 7;07 left.... But they miss a front end... Radell with a strong rebound, is hacked on the putback attempt... Still 37-24. Made one, not sure why he didn’t get another... anyway, 38-26 now. Cougs have the rock.

Cade Bennett with a twisting floater in the lane... 40-28. Cougs steal, but lose it to CP’s big who is fouled on a dunk attempt. 40-29 after FT is good... 2nd missed...

CP has missed a zillion FT’s here.... There goes one... 40-30. 2:14 left.

Aidan changes speeds about 6 times, finally drops a beautiful pass down to Callas... 42-30. Cougs go on to close it out 47-32... Exact same score as the Northgate game.

If you throw out all the prep schools in Norcal, Aidan Mahaney maybe the best high school basketball player in Northern California right now....regardless of class. His game is smooth, like Stockton or Nash. He's going to end up being a great pickup for whatever program he chooses.

Bruh......
How long you been smoking
Best player in NorCal right now?.. He watches a lot of Stephen A Smith. He likes to hype things up. Mitty wasn’t as good as he hyped them up to be. He must have forgot about Isa Silva who is #58 in his class, or Marcus Bagley who is #49 right now. Bryce Monroe is also a hell of a player. Monty Bowser, Roy from Dublin, Jackson SPSV. Probably don’t have the ceiling of Mahaney but all really good players RIGHT NOW. Throw Beasley in their too. Jelani too, list goes on and on. Mahaney is good no doubt about that.

It is hard to compare a sophomore to others, and in fairness to Mahaney saying he is better than Bagley at this point or even Silva is a stretch for the moment. However he was state freshman of the year for Cal Hi, and he is currently being heavily recruited by Arizona. He led his team as a frosh to a state title. So to say he is better than the above mentioned two than anyone else outside of the prep schools, then sure I would agree. But he has a little more to show and has a better chance with such a accolade come his junior year. Because I feel after this next summer, his offers are going to blow up coast to coast. Just my two cents.

If he the best nor cal got..... then it's a sad state of affairs. My condolences.

He’s obviously not the best overall player in NorCal as a soph any rational person knows that. But he is damn good for his grade and appears to be getting better.

He’s obviously not the best overall player in NorCal as a soph any rational person knows that. But he is damn good for his grade and appears to be getting better.

He might not be the best individually but he’s on a short list of who I would want to start a team with. Very very skilled. Silva to me is the best player I’ve seen in NorCal from a talent standpoint. I could easily see him running the point for virtually any top 20 team. If I had the first pick in the draft I would pick him. (Regardless if he’s a holdback)

Mahaney has to get stronger but the future is very bright. If he ends up 6”4-6”5 it will be scary when he’s a senior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT