ADVERTISEMENT

Gridley Saturday

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Well...

I really wasn’t planning to post til the 3rd-place game...

But Gridley leads Logan after the first quarter, 11-8!

Logan coach just pulled all his starters at the beginning of the 2nd.

Logan’s starters sit and watch as the subs slip past Gridley late in the 2nd quarter.

But Gridley gets a putback basket at the half buzzer to get back within one...

25-24 Logan at the half...

Logan starts the 3rd with their regulars...

Let’s see if a lesson was learned.

Logan playing harder than before they got yanked, and having more success...

43-31 Colts late in the 3rd.

23-18 Dublin 3 min left in the half... Pilots having some trouble with Dublin’s size.

33-23 Dublin at the half...

Despite the fact my team’s behind, it IS nice to see the refs letting ‘em play... very few of the little touch fouls that many of the games have been plagued by the past couple days.

Interestingly, Beasley has been operating mostly as a facilitator rather than his usual scorer role, and he’s doing well.

Riordan starting to make Branson hurry and get out of control a little bit...

29-21 Riordan at the half.

Highlight: Clark with a spectacular grab of a too-high long pass, and then going underneath the bucket in traffic and flipping a reverse layup in... Quite a few ooh’s and ahh’s after that one...

Justice Turner swishes a BOMB from well beyond half court for 3 points at the quarter buzzer... 42-32 Riordan.

Riordan hangs on, 61-51. Fine performance, beating a really strong Branson team.

And now, the Main Event!

Sheldon takes on Salesian... Two dazzlingly athletic, skilled powerhouses, both with dead aim on the Open championship in March.

This will be a good chance for these guys to measure their progress...

13-12 Salesian after 1...

Very fast action, few breaks... Combine that with my snail-like texting speed... And ya don’t get many updates.

Sheldon came out firing and scored the first 7 points of the2nd half to tie it at 38, but Salesian had a run of their own...

47-41 Salesian halfway thru the 3rd

51-41 Salesian with3:09 left in the 3rd.

Sheldon in some trouble here...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT