ADVERTISEMENT

Have Keyboard, will travel...

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Not gonna go nuts here, just a scimmage...

But I am at Cardinal Newman for the Campo-CN scrimmage, will may a comment or three while that game goes on.

I heard that Campo scrimmaged Branson last week, and got their butts handed to them.

I guess, watch out for the Bulls again....

Branson will be an extremely interesting story this year. Lost their best player due to a horrible tragedy. Wish them nothing but the best!

The Campo frosh finished strong to win by 5...

Campo JV used a big early 4th-quarter surge to almost completely blow open an otherwise close game, then hung on to win by 8. Played without 3 guys due to football.

Varsity is also three players short due to football...

CN’s main ballhandler out with 3 fouls, since then it’s been KILL time.

47-17 at the half... Cougs came to play tonight...

Aidan has 14, including a fabulous move to a driving layup near the end of the half.

Newman has a few out due to football still, but hoops in Sonoma county is bad this year. Like really bad. Newman graduated lots and so did Piner. Piner actually played Campo tough last year in norcals. Going to be a long year in NBL.

Hopefully for CN's sake, at least one of those coming off football will be a strong ball-handler type guard to fix that depth issue. Otherwise, I didn't think they looked all that bad... If the football guys can contribute, CN will be an at-least decent team this season.

Kiddman- you are too kind. My recollection is one football kid is a very athletic 6”4 forward and the other 2 are guards. I think it will be Monty and Newman as usual per NBL but I don’t see any sort of playoff run. Just a down year up in that area.

Newman is really a football and baseball factory now. Also they are temendous on the female hardwood side. Mertle has built a powerhouse.

Thanks for all the updates. You do a great job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT