ADVERTISEMENT

Huh? Casa Grande 12 Oak Ridge 0

Casa has been really hot for a few weeks and have been just crushing the ball since they lost to Davis in the Boras Classic (1-0). Long drive for a 5 inning game.

4th game of the week for Oak Ridge.

That isn't an excuse. Most of these kids are use to playing 3-4 games over 2 days in travel ball. Casa hung 12 on them in the 1st. Ouch! Basically there is some really good baseball played in Petaluma and that hasn't changed in years.

Bella can anybody in the NBL beat them?

That isn't an excuse. Most of these kids are use to playing 3-4 games over 2 days in travel ball. Casa hung 12 on them in the 1st. Ouch! Basically there is some really good baseball played in Petaluma and that hasn't changed in years.

Bella can anybody in the NBL beat them?

Ukiah beat them earlier (Jekyll and Hyde team there and everyone knows that playing at Ukiah is just different no matter the sport). But I really doubt it from this point on. People were pointing to this year 4 years ago. Pretty special group that can hit. But the pitching has really come on strong and is a pretty deep staff.

Not saying it's is an excuse, but it could be an explanation. Sure, almost all the kids are used to playing a lot of ball, but in this era of pitch limits, most teams don't have an excess amount of good pitching, especially for a non-league game. Twelve runs in the first inning? Yeah, I'm guessing OR was out of pitching.

My guess is the margin of victory was due to Oak Ridge running out of pitching coming off a tough three game series in league play. Not to say Casa Grande isn't better than them, but not 12-0 better

Are these the kids from Casa that went to the LL world series a few years back now? That team was stacked.

Are these the kids from Casa that went to the LL world series a few years back now? That team was stacked.
Yes, there is. I don't know which one's off the top of my head, but I believe those kids still in that area from that team are spit between Casa and Petaluma HS.

Ok that makes sense. That little small town on 101 certainly has the recipe for winning baseball.

Yes, there is. I don't know which one's off the top of my head, but I believe those kids still in that area from that team are spit between Casa and Petaluma HS.

Yes, the way leagues are laid out, Petaluma National LL, the team that went to the LLWS, is west of the 101, and the 2 other leagues are east, as is Casa Grande HS. But there is open enrollment, so 3 key players from the PNLL WS team are at Casa. Had all the PNLL kids stayed at Petaluma HS you'd have almost the whole starting nine from the LLWS team. That said, only one of Casa's 5 D1 commits was on that LLWS team. So I'd say the PNLL kids have an important role at Casa, but Casa's core, including their 1,2,3 hitters, and their #1 pitcher, are not from the World Series team.

Reactions: bella123
Goes to show that kids mature at different paces. Sometimes the best 12 year old is just an average player by their senior year and the kid that just missed making the all star team at 12 may end up playing pro ball.

Goes to show that kids mature at different paces. Sometimes the best 12 year old is just an average player by their senior year and the kid that just missed making the all star team at 12 may end up playing pro ball.

That is true. However, I remember watching PNLL beat PVLL in the final game of district the championship, and while it was painfully obvious that PNLL was the better team that day (they 10 runned them) it was also very obvious that by far the best player on the field was a PVLL player -- and he's still the best player in town -- now Casa's #3 hitter and headed to ASU and/or maybe the draft.

Yes, the way leagues are laid out, Petaluma National LL, the team that went to the LLWS, is west of the 101, and the 2 other leagues are east, as is Casa Grande HS. But there is open enrollment, so 3 key players from the PNLL WS team are at Casa. Had all the PNLL kids stayed at Petaluma HS you'd have almost the whole starting nine from the LLWS team. That said, only one of Casa's 5 D1 commits was on that LLWS team. So I'd say the PNLL kids have an important role at Casa, but Casa's core, including their 1,2,3 hitters, and their #1 pitcher, are not from the World Series team.

Good insights! I know they reset the boundaries years ago. Used to be American had all the west side kids. One year I was on a team and was the only kid from Kenilworth on the whole team. Of course Americans east side draw was only from E. Washington to basically Rainer on the east side of McDowell.

Reactions: Quaffer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT