ADVERTISEMENT

Inderkum 42 Sacramento 6 FINAL

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Inderkum has thrown two first half interceptions, but still holds a two possession lead.

Inderkum converts a fumble recovery for a Johnny Williams TD followed by 2 point conversion.

21-0 Tigers Q3

Reactions: coachlittle
After Inderkum returned a blocked field goal for a score, Sac High gets on the board with a TD run from Deyvon Drayton (playmaking junior)

Sac High has played two QBs tonight

Reactions: coachlittle
There are only a few programs who hold up year after year. Sac High lost two players we had in the Top 50 and a couple more who could of/possibly are playing in college. Tough to overcome.

Inderkum is just so solid in what they do. Lot of guys get the ball, sound on the OL, rarely out of position on D.

We played solid tonight. Some good, some bad. Dont let the score fool u, Sac battled all night. 13-0 at half, we threw 2 red zone int's in 1st half.
Happy for our kids, we got a good group of kids this yr, very fun 2 coach.

Yes. He was their head JV coach for a while then Varsity DC before getting the head job. Good guys on their staff.

Reactions: RidgeRider
We played solid tonight. Some good, some bad. Dont let the score fool u, Sac battled all night. 13-0 at half, we threw 2 red zone int's in 1st half.
Indy has had and still has a very solid program,they are a threat each and every time they take the field.....great coaching very solid indeed.

New league this year for Inderkum. 5 solid opponents after a horrible Bella Vista team.

Congrats, coach! Well done last night.

Reactions: mistark
o
New league this year for Inderkum. 5 solid opponents after a horrible Bella Vista team.
I honestly question why is Bella Vista in this league with now Indy as I also scratch my head as to why Whitney is or wants to be in the SFL.......?The other 7 teams are right now a combined 14-4 not counting BV who is 0-3,is it an enrollment thing or a location thing.....? BV in my opinion should be as should Whitney(SFL) in leagues more comparable to their present abilities,I don’t know but it appears these 2 teams are in wrong leagues thus not inspiring for their athletes,especially when league begins.Just my opinion...that’s all.

Last edited:
I think Whitney would be better suited in CVC so swap Whitney for BV and then just find a home for BV.....I like that how about all you experts,lol?

I also scratch my head as to why Whitney is or wants to be in the SFL.......?
BV in my opinion should be as should Whitney(SFL) in leagues more comparable to their present abilities,I don’t know but it appears these 2 teams are in wrong leagues thus not inspiring for their athletes,especially when league begins.

I think Whitney will be fine in the SFL. They'll be a couple steps up from Woodcreek, for football anyway. They have a much more committed and established program. Sure, it'll probably take a couple seasons to adjust. And the SFL is no picnic. But I think they'll be as competitive as any other program that could have taken their place (from a location perspective). Unless, of course, Placer wants to make an SFL comeback??? ;)

I think Whitney will be fine in the SFL. They'll be a couple steps up from Woodcreek, for football anyway. They have a much more committed and established program. Sure, it'll probably take a couple seasons to adjust. And the SFL is no picnic. But I think they'll be as competitive as any other program that could have taken their place (from a location perspective). Unless, of course, Placer wants to make an SFL comeback??? ;)
TR,as much as I would love to see an SFL comprised of Placer,Nevada Union,Del Oro,Roseville,Oakmont,Casa Roble and yes we also had Marysville and Lindhurst those days are long gone,but remove Marysville and Lindhurst and that sounds great for an SFL(wink) but.......with today’s SFL with the Folsoms,Oak Ridges,Granite Bays,Rocklins and now Grant.....hmmmm I dunno about that comeback.Placer’s enrollment is at 1200 where we had 1700 bk in the day before Foresthill and Bear River HS’s came along,so it takes Placer a couple yrs now to replinish in size,lol.But this yrs Placer could give a couple 2-3 SFL teams some headaches but not as a regular participant.......it would be nice TR but I don’t think that’s gonna happen.TR,I had to think now how do I answer that one........aaaaaaahaha.Go Placer........Go SFL.

Thunder,you know what hmmmmm under Montoya and his guidance heck I wouldn’t mind scheduling an Oak Ridge,Rocklin,DO,Grant aww heck Folsom and GB what the heck let’s see what we got......why not.....i’m going to bring that up with Joey see where he stands,ok.SFL participation maybe not but to schedule 1 or 2 why not.Dang it TR you threw a good one at me there,lmao.........Haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: RidgeRider
Whitney will get there. Football is king here in the foothills and they’ve got the feeder, population and parent & school support to be good very soon. Coaches need time to get their new system in place.

But this yrs Placer could give a couple 2-3 SFL teams some headaches but not as a regular participant.......

In Placer's 'up' years, of course they could win some of those game. For all we know, Placer could be the up there with DO and OR for 2nd/3rd place with regard to this season. They sure were good last season too. Probably 3rd place SFL behind Folsom and OR. Perhaps even on par or better than OR. Who knows.

Placer’s enrollment is at 1200 where we had 1700 bk in the day before Foresthill and Bear River HS’s came along

This is totally tangential, but you mentioning BR reminded me of something I was thinking about recently. That it is a complete shame Bear River and Nevada Union have never faced each other. Talk about a completely missing out on a natural rivalry opportunity!

I get that in BR's early days they would have been over-matched most years --- and that NU was among the top 2-3 D1 programs in the SJS until around 9 years ago. But not 1 game scheduled in 30+ years?

With NU dropping down to a D3 league and BR in D5, it's still unlikely that their paths will cross in the postseason but there's really no excuse for not scheduling a regular season game at this point. Somebody make that game happen!

Same goes for Grant Union and Inderkum. Coach AL needs to say 'yes' to that one (I know Indy has tried). Nobody cares about seeing the Pacers play Fresno teams. I attended the Bullard game a couple years ago. Nice program, nice fans but GHS can get the same level of competition in their own backyard and a MUCH larger turnout. Somebody make that game happen too!

In Placer's 'up' years, of course they could win some of those game. For all we know, Placer could be the up there with DO and OR for 2nd/3rd place with regard to this season. They sure were good last season too. Probably 3rd place SFL behind Folsom and OR. Perhaps even on par or better than OR. Who knows.

This is totally tangential, but you mentioning BR reminded me of something I was thinking about recently. That it is a complete shame Bear River and Nevada Union have never faced each other. Talk about a completely missing out on a natural rivalry opportunity!

I get that in BR's early days they would have been over-matched most years --- and that NU was among the top 2-3 D1 programs in the SJS until around 9 years ago. But not 1 game scheduled in 30+ years?

With NU dropping down to a D3 league and BR in D5, it's still unlikely that their paths will cross in the postseason but there's really no excuse for not scheduling a regular season game at this point. Somebody make that game happen!

Same goes for Grant Union and Inderkum. Coach AL needs to say 'yes' to that one (I know Indy has tried). Nobody cares about seeing the Pacers play Fresno teams. I attended the Bullard game a couple years ago. Nice program, nice fans but GHS can get the same level of competition in their own backyard and a MUCH larger turnout. Somebody make that game happen too!
Yes a Grant v Inderkum would seem to be a natural good rivalry. From the outside it seems that the rise of Inderkum tracks with Grants slide.

Yes a Grant v Inderkum would seem to be a natural good rivalry. From the outside it seems that the rise of Inderkum tracks with Grants slide.
Two totally different kids that attend these schools. Grant still has the size advantage over inderkum(grant is small this year). Athletic wise I think they are fairly close most years grant has more. The main differences is style of offense and and level of competition. Inderkum is like Monterey trail that type of offense will keep you in games because it’s hard to prepare for and running it with athletes make it that much harder to stop especially if your players aren’t discipline and that is grants biggest problem has been for years and that’s what’s killing grant this year. Some kids just aren’t coachable and outside looking in we think it’s the coaches when maybe the kids aren’t doing what they are being coached. But I agree like most of grant fans we rather drop Burbank who was never our rivals and schedule inderkum. I know our kids will play extremely hard against inderkum

Reactions: Sacchiefs
In Placer's 'up' years, of course they could win some of those game. For all we know, Placer could be the up there with DO and OR for 2nd/3rd place with regard to this season. They sure were good last season too. Probably 3rd place SFL behind Folsom and OR. Perhaps even on par or better than OR. Who knows.TR,I totally agree with your analysis in regards to Placer possibly playing in SFL(I pretty much agree with you ALWAYS no matter what topic your responding to..(a real big wink)our kids are well coached under Coach Montoya and our enrollment has shrunk in yrs but once in awhile we get the size to match the talent so we then can give those powerhouses some headaches and to also give them reason to really have to game plan for Placer.Last yr was one I agree with you,this yr even more so.....thank you for pointing that out.I also need to agree and do believe with some posters when they say that ...........the real football is being played right here in the hills........that my friends is a fact!There are some very good teams up here.As for BR scheduling NU or in this case NEVER have scheduled each other in a game is a shame indeed,and I truely understand the size or div thing....but look at Oakdale vs Sonora for example that’s a good one and BR vs NU could be also......as should Grant vs Indy....or drum roll please......Placer vs Del Oro,that my friends I would LOVE to see......wow!TR,great analogy as usual my friend tyvm,thanks for taking me off the hook with that curve you threw(wink) Go Placer...Go SJS

Last edited:
Reactions: ThunderRam
Whitney will get there. Football is king here in the foothills and they’ve got the feeder, population and parent & school support to be good very soon. Coaches need time to get their new system in place.
say what u will, they’all had parents and support and good coaches for years but same .500 club, not consistent, not good since 8years ago, beat sfl teams here and there but lose to D3s always, see em in cellar mostly

Reactions: championcif75
TR,I totally agree with your analysis on Placers possible SFL comeback,it concerns me lol with the likes of today’s SFL......but to schedule some of today’s SFL especially in Placer up yrs such as last yr and even more so this yr I say .........do it,let’s see what we got.As for possible rivalry set ups such as NU vs BR having never played yet.....they should have set that up a long time ago regardless of size or div.Look at Oakdale vs Sonora that’s long standing,real long!How about a Grant vs Indy or maybe ...........drum roll please........................................PLACER vs DEL ORO........now that one really should take place......hands down,talk about gate money...wow.I remember when Placer played DO a few yrs bk in the 1st rd of D3 playoffs at DO that place was packed on both sides and all of Placer faithful was there,we were in the local bars before and after that game wow,DO won but Placer led at the half,I had to throw that in lol.TR,tyvm for taking me off the hook with your analogy about Placer possible come back to SFL after throwing that monster curve ball at me......lmao......thanks again cause I didn’t have a clue how to respond as well as protect my Hillmen on that one.....rlmao......thanks again my friend.....whew!

Last edited:
Reactions: ThunderRam
TR,I totally agree with your analysis on Placers possible SFL comeback,it concerns me lol with the likes of today’s SFL......but to schedule some of today’s SFL especially in Placer up yrs such as last yr and even more so this yr I say .........do it,let’s see what we got.As for possible rivalry set ups such as NU vs BR having never played yet.....they should have set that up a long time ago regardless of size or div.Look at Oakdale vs Sonora that’s long standing,real long!How about a Grant vs Indy or maybe ...........drum roll please........................................PLACER vs DEL ORO........now that one really should take place......hands down,talk about gate money...wow.I remember when Placer played at DO a few yrs bk in the 1st rd of D3 playoffs at DO that place was packed on both sides and all of Placer faithful was there,we were in the local bars before and after that game wow,DO won but Placer led at the half,I had to throw that in lol.TR,tyvm for taking me off the hook with your analogy about Placer possible come back to SFL after throwing that monster curve ball at me......lmao......thanks again cause I didn’t have a clue how to respond as well as protect my Hillmen on that one.....rlmao......thanks again my friend.....whew!

I think the 2016 freshman played Del Oro and they play each other in the feeder system but I agree a Placer DO game would be amazing for the two communities

I think the 2016 freshman played Del Oro and they play each other in the feeder system but I agree a Placer DO game would be amazing for the two communities
Here Here RR........I totally agree and it would be fabulous for both communities......absolutely.

I like what our section did about 10 years ago. They had 2 non league games matched up with another rival or similar league.

Previous years league champ would play 1st n 2nd place finshers in opposite league and so-on down the line.

I think some schools didnt like having games set up for them (I agree). With that said it would create great matchups.
We could have SFL vs Delta, Foothill Valley vs CVC, Cen-Cal vs VOL. Lots of interesting matchups with teams that normaly dont meet.

I think would also help for playoff seeding. You could forcast-seed a bracket much easier.

I think Whitney would be better suited in CVC so swap Whitney for BV and then just find a home for BV.....I like that how about all you experts,lol?

Bella Vista is very good in the country club sports. They also have a very good baseball program. Del Campo was actually the team that was supposed to be in the CVC but backpedaled and convinced BV to take their spot....Whitney would have been a good fit for the CVC but they demanded to be in the SFL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT