ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Javier

Campothoms

Rookie
Nov 27, 2013
I know this is a girls basketball forum, but I though I would share anyway.

I have watched Jake Javier grow up from a baby to a young man. Jake was raised by strong, moral, loving parents. His parents tough him dedication, respect, and the value of hard work. Jake played football for San Ramon Valley and earned a scholarship to Cal Poly. Jake was a 4.00 student with incredible SAT scores. All a result of his dedication and hard work and the values his parents instilled in him.

I sat with Jim Javier and a small group of friends last night and could hear the graduation party at San Ramon Valley. Jake should have been there. Jake was injured diving into a pool Thursday and is now paralyzed from the neck down. The Javier family will take his recovery day by day. Please keep Jake and the Javier family (Jim, Isabelle and their family) in your prayers.

I worked side by side with Jim at the Hayward Police Department for several years. Jim is one of the best men I have ever had the pleasure to call a friend and partner. Jim also loved coaching football and made a positive impact on everyone he came in contact with. Jim’s message last night was to enjoy every moment and everyday. Also cherish the friendships we make along the way.

Here are a couple links from KTVU and a fundraiser.

Art Thoms

Last edited:
Thank you for adding it to this forum Art. Just gut wrenching news. Will continue to pray for Jake and his family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT